TAKE THAT SHIT TO THE-BRITS.COM

Comments

• ppadilhappadilha 2,236 Posts
    why are Liverpool trying to sign Coutinho anyway? Seems like the last thing they need is another young promising player who has yet to fulfill their potential...

• i'll bet you guys think it's reeeeeeeaaaalllll funny that my city's MLS team just hired an ACTIVE QPR player as our coach.

[seen mr nelson play...... for being on a dogshit team, he's a pretty damn good defender.]

• skelskel You can't cheat karma 5,033 Posts
    "see how fast their centre forward can limp" School of defending.

He's a kiwi, no? Robust.

Lantern jaw.

Cougar eye candy?

• skel said:
    "see how fast their centre forward can limp" School of defending.

He's a kiwi, no? Robust.

Lantern jaw.

Cougar eye candy?

i'll allow it considering our team is so bad we've started calling it "soccer".

• DocMcCoyDocMcCoy "Go and laugh in your own country!" 5,913 Posts
    skel said:
    I'm surprised that pundits and public seem surprised at these cupsets.

There's less difference between EPL and Championship, and championship and lower divisions than peeps acknowledge. Partly because most of them never watch non-EPL.
    Same fitness, slightly higher skillz vs heightened hunger, all are equally well organised. Throw in an upferit crowd and it's game on.

All this is true. I'm not really surprised, though. After all, it's not as if we're any further out of the cup because a League 1 side beat us, anymore than if Havant & Waterlooville had turned us over at Anfield a few seasons back.

• DORDOR Two Ron Toe 9,899 Posts
    How have I never seen this vid before? A minute in I almost started pissin' myself laughing.

• JimsterJimster Cruffiton.etsy.com 6,893 Posts
    i'll bet you guys think it's reeeeeeeaaaalllll funny that my city's MLS team just hired an ACTIVE QPR player as our coach.

[seen mr nelson play...... for being on a dogshit team, he's a pretty damn good defender.]

Someone else doing a good job of putting Toronto on the map:
    http://gawker.com/5978975/the-best-of-torontos-insane-terrible-mayor-rob-ford-an-introduction-for-americans

• Looking for an MP3 for a looong time.
    Hoping that someone can come up trumps here.

1 World - Down On Love(Frankie Foncett remix)

Thanks in advance

• OkemOkem 4,617 Posts

• Since the Vice magazine links have been all over the place at the moment, here's a recent article about my hometown:

http://www.vice.com/en_uk/read/welsh-pub-crawl-newport

The choice bits:

On November 4th, 1839, 20 people were shot dead and around 50 were left injured during the last major revolt on the British mainland. A small, concealed battalion of infantry had opened fire on a crowd of around 5,000 men, many of whom were carrying improvised weapons, marching to demand the right to vote. The insurgence was the Chartist Uprising in Newport, South Wales. In a subway near the site of the original confrontation is a detailed and affecting piece of civic art. A 35-metre-long mural records the march and its bloody climax in a mosaic of hand painted tiles ??? it is now due for demolition. In its place the local authority are planning the sine qua non of all town hall council meetings: "a new city centre shopping experience".

On November 12th, 2012 ??? almost 117 years later to the day of the Chartist Uprising ??? elections were held for the appointment of Police Chiefs in England and Wales. In Newport another democratic record was broken; not a single vote was registered at the electoral ward of Bettws. For the first time in British polling history a voting station registered no votes. From the Chartists marching on the town centre to the empty ballot box in Bettws. Within a three-mile radius it???s now possible to trace the birth of democracy to its end.

• OkemOkem 4,617 Posts

easily the best thing about this boring transfer window.

• pcmrpcmr 5,591 Posts
    coutinho brings a lot to playmaking so he will fit in you would be surprised
    i think liverpool are back on their way up building a good foundation
    however guardiola wants suarez at bayern...

• pcmrpcmr 5,591 Posts
    this is for doc, skel, dude, ok'n'em

the history of UK garage (by canadaman)
    http://www.musicismysanctuary.com/the-history-of-the-uk-garage-family-tree/

Thanks, that's an enlightening read.

Great line:
    "getting excited about listening to unreleased dub plates while wearing trainers"

YES

• DuderonomyDuderonomy Haut de la Garenne 7,784 Posts
    DOR said:
    How have I never seen this vid before? A minute in I almost started pissin' myself laughing.

All of the Brummies I've ever known are mental.

...............................................................................................................................................................

Arsenal signed a player in the transfer window! I don't beleive it!

From windows past:

• ^^^^ Rafa Benitez's long lost twin??

• DuderonomyDuderonomy Haut de la Garenne 7,784 Posts
    FFS, hope this stays up long enough for you guys to check this:

http://accidentclaims.org/

Bottom right of page, testimonial in blue.
    It can't be real?

• ppadilhappadilha 2,236 Posts

had to screengrab it. Y'know, for posterity's sake.

• I say fake. Seems like an attempt to get free marketing through some viral coverage.

• DORDOR Two Ron Toe 9,899 Posts
    Duderonomy said:

All of the Brummies I've ever known are mental.

I've never know any well enough. I'd did pass through once for the airport.

I had a mate like that guy. Always had your back. Scared the shite right out of anyone who would have a go at him.

Anyone listen in to Collymore on TalkSport?

Very level headed, urbane, thoughtful, empathetic, opinionated.

My kid called in a few weeks ago and Stan was vey gentle with the confused 6th form splutter. Since then I have become mildly hooked.

Respect.

His book was a good read, the mental illness has bestowed the lad with a brutal honesty, the magnitude of which casts enough shade on any of the braggadocio anecdotes therein - such anecdotes would otherwise form the entire body of another footballer's memoirs.

The Ulrika moment is regrettable but somehow reassuring to me - that the blessings of great wealth, and the privileges that being able to kick a ball straight bring, are no defence for Real Life and the regular doses of shit that lower-food-chain-dwelling stiffs such as ourselves must suffer - and that, as hard as we may look to point a finger, we are often our own worst enemies.

I can accept these failures in myself doe. So, no noose. They don't lay us all off until end March.

I wanna see the Sol Campbell "Book" doe. See if he deserves the "Judas cnut with H.I.V." chant. If they edit out the bad bits, it will be mighty thin.

Which of you fools messes with LinkedIn?

Am in a contest with team and team, I play off 222 at the mo, ahead of the pack here, aiming to reach 250 organically (no scattershot open network gangster lean here son) by mid Feb, hit me on the pm with your handle and let's get e-bromantic on the grown-ups FB.

pmd

The fix is in.

But whats this! No response?

WMiC

The fix is in.

But whats this! No response?

WMiC

Wait! It's in!

::yay::

• FlomotionFlomotion 2,390 Posts
    skel said:
    Which of you fools messes with LinkedIn?

Am in a contest with team and team, I play off 222 at the mo, ahead of the pack here, aiming to reach 250 organically (no scattershot open network gangster lean here son) by mid Feb, hit me on the pm with your handle and let's get e-bromantic on the grown-ups FB.

Ha! 189 thopugh not at all sure of the quality/quantity ratio. Ever I realised my colleagues got an update with every new connection I've curbed my imperial ambitions.

It's not what you know, it's not who you know...

...It's what you know about who you know...

Likkle dude, 107 and counting.

Come on flomo, get linked

As jim says, watching the connections and updates has been invaluable in working out who is for the chop but doesn't know it, who is looking for a move, who's been dallying with who

Come on dudes, let's do this