What? No NBA 2012-2013 Thread Yet?

Comments

• batmonbatmon 27,574 Posts
    yuichi said:
    batmon said:
    yuichi said:
    Gettiing Kevin Martin is a very good thing.

lol

The beginning of the end for OKC.

Care to rethink this?

Over half their games at home.

Relatively easy schedule. Losses against "tough" teams (Boston, Memphis).

I wouldn't call anything just yet.

That's a load of crap.

The "Beginning of the End" doesnt sound like second best record in the League after a month of ball.

Then again you said the Lakers are NOW so I cant really mess with your judgement or predictions.

• yuichiyuichi Urban sprawl 11,331 Posts
    batmon said:
    yuichi said:
    batmon said:
    yuichi said:

lol

Care to rethink this?

That's a load of crap.

The "Beginning of the End" doesnt sound like second best record in the League after a month of ball.

Then again you said the Lakers are NOW so I cant really mess with your judgement or predictions.

Regular season don't mean?

I mean they made it to the Finals last year. Roster is more or less the same, except for the obvious substitution of Kevin Martin for Bearded Man. Anything less than a second consecutive Finals berth or win is a failure in my eyes.

i did say the same thing when Big Ben left Detroit.

yuichi said:
    batmon said:
    yuichi said:
    batmon said:
    yuichi said:

lol

Care to rethink this?

That's a load of crap.

Regular season don't mean?

I mean they made it to the Finals last year. Roster is more or less the same, except for the obvious substitution of Kevin Martin for Bearded Man. Anything less than a second consecutive Finals berth or win is a failure in my eyes.

i did say the same thing when Big Ben left Detroit.

Ill agree that missing the Finals is fail to a degree, but i wouldnt equate the Detroit leaving the Old Detroit Pistons as the same loss as Harden leaving the Thunder.
    They still look like contenders this early and they arent shaken up by Hardens trade as you hinted at.

yuichi said:
    motown67 said:

And last, Go Warriors! We're deep this year and going to be in the mix for the playoffs.

Don't count on it.

Care to rethink this?

"easy schedule...blah blah blah"

JimBeam said:
    motown67 said:
    Warriors need a new coach ASAP

Mark Jackson is driving me fucking crazy

could have told you it would be like that from day one. he's been terrible.
    jackson is a bag of hot air. can't coach a team with rhetoric and catch phrases and a complete lack of game strategy.

they need a JVG or adelman type to take the reigns and get everyone playing to their full potential. i wish they could unload david lee's bloated no-defense playin' contract too and start landry.

nice to see the leash off the rook last night though, he played a good game.

care 2 rethink?

You must have more time on your hands, care to rethink? lol jesus...

Warriors ain't gonna do shit. Calm down Batmon. I know you like your flavor of the day, but please...

• motown67motown67 4,513 Posts
    Fuck you Yuichi we're going to the playoffs. We're winning without our starting center and 6th man. we're starting 2 rookies and giving a 3rd lots of playing time. we're top 5 in rebounding. think 13th in defense. we just beat the heat on a 5 game win streak on the road no less. we're second in the pacific. suck on that.

motown67 said:
    Fuck you Yuichi we're going to the playoffs. We're winning without our starting center and 6th man. we're starting 2 rookies and giving a 3rd lots of playing time. we're top 5 in rebounding. think 13th in defense. we just beat the heat on a 5 game win streak on the road no less. we're second in the pacific. suck on that.

I'm actually happy for yall. Just calling out Batmon on his usual semantics.

Different story if we see yall in the playoffs though! (if we make it) lol

Gimme a breakdown on HOW they're winning. Not tryna front, just curious.

• motown67motown67 4,513 Posts
    Warriors are out rebounding their opponents almost every night. Defense is good but not great. Still for a team that has played no defense for at least 20 years, that's a change. The shooting of Curry and Thompson spreads the floor out, and they try to play a pass first offense meaning there's not much pounding the ball trying to go one on one. We also finally have a bench of Jarret Jack, Carl Landry and our rookie D. Green from Michigan State.

motown67 said:
    Warriors are out rebounding their opponents almost every night. Defense is good but not great. Still for a team that has played no defense for at least 20 years, that's a change. The shooting of Curry and Thompson spreads the floor out, and they try to play a pass first offense meaning there's not much pounding the ball trying to go one on one. We also finally have a bench of Jarret Jack, Carl Landry and our rookie D. Green from Michigan State.

Good shit. Rebounding and passing, def overlooked aspects of the game.

• marumaru 1,450 Posts
    motown67 said:

Been having a lot of fun watching the warriors this season. Can't imagine what the team could be with rush and bogut. Hopefully we can keep it up and make the playoffs.

motown67 said:
    Rebounding and passing, def overlooked aspects of the game.

why do u try so hard to sound like some bullshit analysist?

who in the hell overlooks trying to rebound the ball? what team?

And im not jumpiing in the GW bandwagon.

Their fans were str8 up hatting on Mark Jackson all last year and this year. And now shit is panning out.

• the canadian basketball experiment is over.

• DORDOR Two Ron Toe 9,899 Posts
    vintageinfants said:
    the canadian basketball experiment is over.

• JimBeamJimBeam Seattle. 2,012 Posts
    batmon said:
    JimBeam said:
    motown67 said:
    Warriors need a new coach ASAP

Mark Jackson is driving me fucking crazy

could have told you it would be like that from day one. he's been terrible.
    jackson is a bag of hot air. can't coach a team with rhetoric and catch phrases and a complete lack of game strategy.

they need a JVG or adelman type to take the reigns and get everyone playing to their full potential. i wish they could unload david lee's bloated no-defense playin' contract too and start landry.

nice to see the leash off the rook last night though, he played a good game.

care 2 rethink?

not so much. It was a really nice win streak that built road confidence against really terrible teams, and then a great win against Miami, and that go-ahead score play was a thing of beauty (which had Michael Malone, NOT mark jackson written all over it.) But, the w's showed that they can get worked over by crap teams (orlando) too-- and it wasn't even a back to back.
    David Lee has definitely stepped his offensive efficiency up this year, he's developed into both a really solid post up guy (quick feet) in addition to the mid-range jumpers, which he's always had. I still think his rebounding numbers are misleading. (It's like college ball-- teams have a lot of steals because nobody can handle the rock-- there's more opportunities to steal the ball than at the pro level... The Warriors miss a lot of shots, thus a lot of opportunities for offensive rebounds.)

Like Motown said, Jackson's clock management is garbage, he's not quick enough on the time out trigger when another team has obviously found an opening to exploit, and started a run. And yes, all the games end up being closer than they should because Jackson always goes small in the fourth quarter. That will eventually bite him in the ass (probably tonight against ATL).

That said, I really do appreciate that he's giving the rookie class time on the floor, and allowing for minor mistakes. It's been fun watching Barnes (and Festus!) really develop his game. Key to that development though, is Jarret Jack, who is more of a pure PG/distributor type than Curry. Jack's minutes keep going up, and he's giving them solid play every night.

The team is one ankle-roll away from disaster though, because nobody besides Curry can shoot from everywhere on the floor. Klay Thompson is inconsistent crap. I don't know why the bay area is so in love with the kid.

Jackson's been a good motivator, the team is really buying into his mentality and overachieving as a result. Michael Malone is the X's and O's guy here though, and his strategies are really what's kept the team going on both ends of the floor. If he goes to a head coaching job elsewhere next season (as plenty thought he might this year), the Warriors will be screwed. If Malone leaves, I'd still like to see them with a JVG type, that can take on both of those coaching roles-- I don't think Jackson can do that.

I keep my expectations for the W's in check. I've been a fan for too long. It will be interesting to see if they make the playoffs. I hope they do, but don't imagine them getting past the first round-- especially if the Lakers or Mavs get their shit together, and the W's end up with a low seed.

hi dudes.

A+

Rubio, Love, and Pekovic.

batmon said:
    yuichi said:
    motown67 said:

And last, Go Warriors! We're deep this year and going to be in the mix for the playoffs.

Don't count on it.

Care to rethink this?

"easy schedule...blah blah blah"

"Warriors ain't gonna do shit"

Care to rethink this?

Seattle 21 -5
    San Diego 20 - 6
    Vancouver 18 -7
    San Antonio 20 - 8
    San Francisco 18 - 10
    Minneapolis 13 - 14

Kobe 16 of 41 for 34 points

batmon said:
    Seattle 21 -5
    San Diego 20 - 6
    Vancouver 18 -7
    San Antonio 20 - 8
    San Francisco 18 - 10
    Minneapolis 13 - 14

And yet they still won at Oakland? lol

"Warriors ain't gonna do shit". Prove me wrong big boy.

yuichi said:
    batmon said:
    Seattle 21 -5
    San Diego 20 - 6
    Vancouver 18 -7
    San Antonio 20 - 8
    San Francisco 18 - 10
    Minneapolis 13 - 14

I dont know why your coming to me on some Warriors shit.
    I defended Mark Jackson, doubted Curry and supported Bogut & Lee. I never predicted their future.

U talked shit about them.

And now u wanna open yo mouf after an overtime win. Shit wasnt some Blowout.

GTFOHWTB

batmon said:
    yuichi said:
    batmon said:
    Seattle 21 -5
    San Diego 20 - 6
    Vancouver 18 -7
    San Antonio 20 - 8
    San Francisco 18 - 10
    Minneapolis 13 - 14

I dont know why your coming to me on some Warriors shit.
    I defended Mark Jackson, doubted Curry and supported Bogut & Lee. I never predicted their future.

U talked shit about them.

And now u wanna open yo mouf after an overtime win. Shit wasnt some Blowout.

GTFOHWTB

Merry X-Mas dude.

Quality win for the Lakers. They got some juice flowing now.

Knicks are tough and got shooters (Melo/JR).

Raymond Felton's in great physical shape and creating a lot of good flow with his penetration.

Jason Kidd's hand-checking is ridiculous.

• covecove 1,566 Posts
    it was nice to see Nash back.
    Awful jerseys on both teams, oof.

Good intensity by the Lakers overall and everyone chipped in offense-wise. That is what I'm talking about.

• Lol. Y'all squeaked out the W with some Xmas gifts from the refs on Christmas day at the Center and a underachieving Knick squad. That was not the boss-up performance.

Lakeshow is not for real. Mark my words, I said it right here.

Jonny_Paycheck said:
    Lol. Y'all squeaked out the W with some Xmas gifts from the refs on Christmas day at the Center and a underachieving Knick squad. That was not the boss-up performance.

Lakeshow is not for real. Mark my words, I said it right here.

Wasn't expecting no "boss-up" performance, but ball distribution, scoring, and intensity were something we haven't seen all season from the Lakers. Melo and JR were hitting their long-range balls, so I don't know what you mean by "underachieving". Chandler was pretty much shut down with Dwight's D. Quality win.

You a lil annoyed having Oaktown and then now New York lose now? lol

• Roffle. Nobody is scared of y'all.

All u do is homer in this thread. Ur no ESPN analyst. Shit is old.

I see a squad that has no bench, real problems as far as any kind of system in play, aging superstar and role players. Ain't nothing hannening.

Good luck with Moustache Man. Not winning shit. Might as well save us all the hassle.

Jonny_Paycheck said:
    Roffle. Nobody is scared of y'all.

All u do is homer in this thread. Ur no ESPN analyst. Shit is old.

I see a squad that has no bench, real problems as far as any kind of system in play, aging superstar and role players. Ain't nothing hannening.

Good luck with Moustache Man. Not winning shit. Might as well save us all the hassle.

Asshurt to the tenth degree.

You're right though, all we beat was two weak teams in the Warriors and Knicks. LOL