What? No NBA 2012-2013 Thread Yet?

1181920212224»

Comments

• HorseleechHorseleech 3,830 Posts
    Was Chris Bosh ever a difference maker?

I haven't seen him play a whole lot, but I don't think I've ever seen him have a great game.

• mattBmattB (FTB) Anywhere 673 Posts
    Even though being the main man is not his strength, he was pretty awesome in Toronto.
    Plus he's definitely been a difference maker in games for the Heat, but these playoffs have been brutal. Indiana/Hibbert just abused him.

He can hit them, but he needs to stop shooting threes. Mid-range, drives, some post up (on same size or smaller defenders), passing out of the block etc.

• batmonbatmon 27,574 Posts
    The Miami offense is constructed so the lanes are open for attack, so Bosh isnt being positoned below the foul line.
    Its not totally his fault hes not playing like a bigman. Theyve turned him into a non post up Dirk.
    He should be getting more midrange jumpers and rolls to the basket.
    If LeBron doesnt go off......Miami cant count on anyone else to go for 25+ against elite defenses.

The Heat controlled most of Game 1.

• So... how about that New headcoach for the Nets. Jason Kidd?? Really?? How many years experience does he have as a coach again?

Also what the hell is Lebron gonna do tonight? He needs to come up with something. I think the key (as always) for Miami is more Birdman.

OptimusLime said:
    So... how about that New headcoach for the Nets. Jason Kidd?? Really?? How many years experience does he have as a coach again?

Also what the hell is Lebron gonna do tonight? He needs to come up with something. I think the key (as always) for Miami is more Birdman.

As time passes we will see more of this skipping being an assistant coach and going straight to head coach.
    Mark Jackson spent years on tv. Larry Bird went to the Finals w/ Indiana w/ no coaching experience.
    Jaques Vaughn a mediorce role player has not spent my years on the bench and got a head Coach gig.
    Wack ass Vinny Del Negro put his time in and he fuckin' sucked ass as a head coach.

If high schoolers can play in the NBA, then the EXP Coach rules are smashed.

• I get it and I could actually see Kidd being a good coach, I'm just slightly surprised that he jumps straight from being a player to head coach of a massive franchise.

We shall see.

• pcmrpcmr 5,591 Posts
    brian shaw would have been a better choice but i see the connection with the PG
    but gaining respect from brooklyn ballers we shall see

• thought this was a really well thought out and well put forth diagnosis of the spurs absolutely manhandling of the heat in game 3

http://nba.si.com/2013/06/12/lebron-james-nba-finals-2013-miami-heat-san-antonio-spurs/

• rain103rain103 476 Posts
    The suddenness of the J.Kidd hiring kind of surprised me as well... He's what, less than 2 months removed from the court??

It seems a little ass backwards to me when coaches with winning records and taking their teams to the playoffs can't even keep their jobs (ie: Van Gundy, Karl, Del Negro, etc).

• rain103rain103 476 Posts
    I cosign with Brian Shaw being a good coaching candidate.

• Jonny_PaycheckJonny_Paycheck 17,825 Posts
    I don't know, Carlissimo def wasn't the answer in BK... Del Negro's wack ass got to the playoffs despite himself.

OptimusLime said:
    I get it and I could actually see Kidd being a good coach, I'm just slightly surprised that he jumps straight from being a player to head coach of a massive franchise.

I would really say the The Nets are a Massive franchise. I'd say they are second or even third tier.
    But they are now in New York and star power helps gets tickets. He's a built in name as well.

Knicks/Lakers
    Nets/Clippers

• dukeofdelridgedukeofdelridge urgent.monkey.mice 2,453 Posts

:hi:

• yuichiyuichi Urban sprawl 11,331 Posts
    What a finish to Game 6.

Britney Griner would take Chris Bosh in the post though. Weakest post defender I've seen in a minute. Forget the two blocks on smalls at the end. Tony Parker is a warrior. Ray Allen's D has always been questionable. Bron plays better without the headband.

• HorseleechHorseleech 3,830 Posts
    yuichi said:
    What a finish to Game 6.

Britney Griner would take Chris Bosh in the post though. Weakest post defender I've seen in a minute. Forget the two blocks on smalls at the end.

:comedy_gold:

Congrats LeBron on your first 82 game season championship.

• DJ_EnkiDJ_Enki 6,471 Posts
    I'd say congrats to Heat fans, but everybody knows there's no such thing.

• kawhi leonard: a star is born

vintageinfants said:
    kawhi leonard: a star is born

I hope he gets All-Star status like Paul George next year.

• DJ_EnkiDJ_Enki 6,471 Posts
    vintageinfants said:

My new favorite player.

• yuichiyuichi Urban sprawl 11,331 Posts
    batmon said:
    vintageinfants said:

I mean dude left his mark, but I wouldn't go that far yet....I could see him becoming a great role/niche player that fills the spaces and does what's necessary for the team for years. Dude doesn't really have the crazy athletic ability either to truly assert himself as a star player in the league. I like him though.

Don't get me wrong though. Being an All-star and playing a vital role for a championship-caliber squad don't necessarily mean the same thing.

• yuichi said:
    batmon said:
    vintageinfants said:

I mean dude left his mark, but I wouldn't go that far yet....I could see him becoming a great role/niche player that fills the spaces and does what's necessary for the team for years. Dude doesn't really have the crazy athletic ability either to truly assert himself as a star player in the league. I like him though.

Don't get me wrong though. Being an All-star and playing a vital role for a championship-caliber squad don't necessarily mean the same thing.

the robert horry dichotomy

yuichi said:
    batmon said:
    vintageinfants said:

I think he has the athletic ability. It depends on if Pop lets him get more opportunities within their system and for dude not to be scarred eclipsing the big three.

• So. Doc Rivers to the Clippers? With possibly K.G. and Pierce? What the what.

OptimusLime said:
    So. Doc Rivers to the Clippers? With possibly K.G. and Pierce? What the what.

What a great upgrade from Vinny Del Negro.

The KG + Pierce to LAC wasnty gonna happen.

I dont see how that helps The Clippers anyway. Both of them are old.
    Maybe Pierce has some gas left, but the Clippers should be getting some younger talent.

Chris Paul is good but they cant build some all roll players team around him.
    Griffin needs a post up game and they need another scoring threat.
    Crawford can score but he's best as a 6th Man w/ a dominant PG there.

• raps just picked up tyler 'psycho t' hansborough.

i am the epitome of conflicted.

vintageinfants said:
    raps just picked up tyler 'psycho t' hansborough.

i am the epitome of conflicted.

Im going to miss Tyler. Every team needs a banger/lunch pail guy.
    His offense slipped recently since he went to the bench, but hell do the dirty work that fake tough guys dont do.
    Great for offensive rebounds and put backs. Aint blocking no shot and has a decent mid range jumper.

• motown67motown67 4,513 Posts
    Pierce can still score just not as consistently as before. KG I don't know what he's got left. 90% of the time he doesn't look like he wants to shoot the ball anymore. Think he can still rebound though.

motown67 said:
    Pierce can still score just not as consistently as before. KG I don't know what he's got left. 90% of the time he doesn't look like he wants to shoot the ball anymore. Think he can still rebound though.

Those dudes will nothing left in the tank come playoff time. They looked dead this Playoffs.
    And im not sure the Nets bench can help them rest up. Relying on those old men is NAGL.
    They should be veteran supplements to a squad that needs a small push, not heavy contributers.