What? No NBA 2012-2013 Thread Yet?

Comments

• yuichiyuichi Urban sprawl 11,331 Posts
    edpowers said:
    Chris Paul is coach of the year

Dude definitely has the trickiest handle in the game right now. Daruis Morris is still looking for him...

EDIT THAT: CLUTCHEST IN THE GAME RIGHT NOW. Absolute ice in his veins.....good lord

• Crossing over his own crossovers. Last 8 points in the game for the Clips..... DAMN

• edpowersedpowers 4,437 Posts
    yuichi said:
    edpowers said:

Dude definitely has the trickiest handle in the game right now. Daruis Morris is still looking for him...

EDIT THAT: CLUTCHEST IN THE GAME RIGHT NOW. Absolute ice in his veins.....good lord

He hit the big shot to win the game. Other than that he had a shitty 4th quarter

Before that shot he was 1 for 5 shooting. 0 asst. 0 reb. And 2-2 ft on that stupid foul by Howard.

edpowers said:
    yuichi said:
    edpowers said:

He hit the big shot to win the game. Other than that he had a shitty 4th quarter

Before that shot he was 1 for 5 shooting. 0 asst. 0 reb. And 2-2 ft on that stupid foul by Howard.

Trust me, I was a hater/skeptic. But dude got that killer instinct.

Single coverage just will not work with him anymore.

yuichi said:
    edpowers said:
    yuichi said:
    edpowers said:

Im not a Chris Paul skeptic. I think he's one of the top 5 players in the league. He just had a bad 4th qtr. If Howard doesn't foul him on that late play, they probably lose the game.

• mattBmattB (FTB) Anywhere 673 Posts
    edpowers said:
    yuichi said:
    edpowers said:
    yuichi said:
    edpowers said:

Im not a Chris Paul skeptic. I think he's one of the top 5 players in the league. He just had a bad 4th qtr. If Howard doesn't foul him on that late play, they probably lose the game.
    The Lakers (or I should say Kobe) had the momentum at the end, just not enough of it to make up for the rest of the game. But to say the clips would probably lose if it wasnt for that one play is a big stretch.

Great game though.

Minor highlights:

Clutch jumper by Kobe while chewing on his jersey. Looked like he was practicing by himself rather than in a packed stadium with a game on the line. Showing no respect to Matt Barnes' defense.

After Paul and Kobe's minor scuffle at the end, Paul get's the inbound, Kobe goes for the steal and Paul does a lightning fast spin away leaving Kobe glued to the floor. "Get the fuck away from me" kinda thing.

edpowers said:
    yuichi said:
    edpowers said:
    yuichi said:
    edpowers said:

The Lakers (or I should say Kobe) had the momentum at the end, just not enough of it to make up for the rest of the game. But to say the clips would probably lose if it wasnt for that one play is a big stretch.

Of course it's not a guarantee The Lakers would have won ..but its not at all a big stretch considering the following sequence of plays.

Watching Magic/Knicks and Matt Guokas said:
    "The Knicks, just like everyone else in the league do not want to play a half court game".

Got me thinking, are there any good, skilled, back to the basket, post up big men in the NBA anymore? Is Duncan the only one left?

• batmonbatmon 27,574 Posts
    mattB said:
    "The Knicks, just like everyone else in the league do not want to play a half court game".

Got me thinking, are there any good, skilled, back to the basket, post up big men in the NBA anymore? Is Duncan the only one left?

David West, Zach Randolph, Houstons big men, and Roy Hibbert.

In not convinced these three point shooting small ball teams are going to get a ring w/out a low post threat.

The Lakers actually have Kobe, Gasol , and Howard. If there old and slow ass can get to the playoffs, they have an advantage in a slow game.

LeBron now can back u in and score. Will Bogut be back for the playoffs? Cause Lee is not a Consistent Post threat.

Kevin Love aint backin u down all night.

Small Ball won last year in the shortened season. Im not convinced this soft shit is the future of the League.
    Shit is entertaining in the regular season.

batmon said:
    mattB said:

Zach Randolph, definitely. Forgot about him.
    David West? Come on.
    Houston big men made me think of Luis Scola (even though he's with the Suns). He could be on the list.

batmon said:
    In not convinced these three point shooting small ball teams are going to get a ring w/out a low post threat.
    I agree. When the 3s are working, those teams are unbeatable. But when the switch is off, they get punished. And in a 7 game series they're never shooting the lights out the whole time.

batmon said:
    Yeah for sure.

Speaking of which, Knicks/Magic was an entertaining game just now.

Man, I can't think of anyone since MJ who Id rather watch on offence than Carmelo Anthony. Guy has such a perfect offensive game.

• motown67motown67 4,513 Posts
    You forgot the other Gasol from Memphis as well plus Aldridge in Portland.

• motown67motown67 4,513 Posts
    The Warriors Carl Landry is also good in the post, but can't score against guys that are really long like the Lakers Gasol.

mattB said:
    batmon said:
    mattB said:

Zach Randolph, definitely. Forgot about him.
    David West? Come on.
    Houston big men made me think of Luis Scola (even though he's with the Suns). He could be on the list.

batmon said:
    I agree. When the 3s are working, those teams are unbeatable. But when the switch is off, they get punished. And in a 7 game series they're never shooting the lights out the whole time.

batmon said:
    Yeah for sure.

Have you watched West at all?
    Dude plays a throwback put your ass against the opponent drive or turn around jump shot type of PF game.
    He cant jump over the defense. He posts the fuck up like a man. Spin moves and shit.

Dork now know how to back dudes in and either shoot over or spin around defender after being heralded for being a soft stretch PF.

I havent watched Blake Griffin enuff to see if can catch the ball in the post and not try to go for a dunk or a contested jumper.

The Thunder have two good big men. Ibaka has no low post game but has a lethal mid range jumper and Perkins is just a lunchpail cat.
    If Durant doesnt get his Post game together from the SF wing they will just be entertainment for 12 year olds.

Melo can Post up but he doesnt look for teamates enuff to really be the Knickerbockers TRUE Low post money.
    If they them get past the critics bullshit that they cant play together and let Stat get his down low then ill be convinced they have a balanced inside outside game to get to the promised land. I dont know if Woodson is savvy enuff to weave their talents together. He might me fine letting Melo score alot and fooling the New York dummies. Melo has to adopt LeBron, Durant(new at it) and Kobes get folks involved and then take over shit. Hes still too selfish...IMO.

In the meantime LAC smashed GSW.

batmon said:
    Dude plays a throwback put your ass against the opponent drive or turn around jump shot type of PF game.
    He cant jump over the defense. He posts the fuck up like a man. Spin moves and shit.
    Im sure I havnt seen as many games as you since he's a Pacer, but from what Ive seen he's definintely more of a finese guy than a bang it up post player. His best move is his j which he usually gets from a drive and kick from his point guard. I mean he's a good player and his jumper is leathal, but I wouldnt put him in top low post player convo. Does he even have a hook shot? Happy to be proven wrong. Actually, gonna watch Bucks/Pacers now.

This NBA thread is reading like the "What raps do you like thread"......I think Roc Marciano is dope. Fuck outta here.

I mean Z-Bo and Mark Gasol and Luis Scola are really good players in their own right, but the game has seen a steady decrease in GREAT low post players. This is fact.

I mean they are certainly not on some Duncan or Malone or Hakeem or Shaq levels.

The fact that the NBA Allstar Balloting puts forwards and centers in the same category as "frontcourt" says something about how the game has evolved.

That's the whole point. Struggling to find names of decent post players now. wtf.

mattB said:
    batmon said:
    Im sure I havnt seen as many games as you since he's a Pacer, but from what Ive seen he's definintely more of a finese guy than a bang it up post player. His best move is his j which he usually gets from a drive and kick from his point guard. I mean he's a good player and his jumper is leathal, but I wouldnt put him in top low post player convo. Does he even have a hook shot? Happy to be proven wrong. Actually, gonna watch Bucks/Pacers now.

Karl Malone didnt have a hook shot and neither did Barkley.

West has a face up game and can manuver on the low block if he has to.
    Hibbert is mostly back to the basket.

• Big_StacksBig_Stacks "I don't worry about hittin' power, cause I don't give 'em nuttin' to hit." 4,670 Posts
    Hey Batmon,

I'm with you, I've always liked David West's game. Plus, according to Wikipedia, he's a music dude too:

"West also loves to make mixtapes for his teammates, saying that it is a healthy habit that keeps him "in the house and off [his] feet".

Peace,

Big Stacks from Kakalak

Never have liked David West's game. Barkley or Malone would have destroyed this dude in the low block.

I liked Hibbert for a second, but dude definitely needs to ask for the rock more. And these dudes aren't even the focal point of the offense. Darren Collision and Granger and Paul George and all them dudes are chucking up shots. It's a guard-centric league for better or worse. Feel bad for dudes like Hibbert and Bynum who have a great shooting touch in the low block (which is very rare these days), but yet become 2nd or 3rd option in the offense. Damn shame. Cuz I last time I checked a 5 footer was a higher percentage shot than an off-the-dribble 15footer....

• In the last CLips game Griffin all of sudden was doing the dream shake, hitting skyhooks, throwing 7 assists and all type of stuff.

If he can keep developing this way he's going to be an elite player.

Also CP3 throwing an alley-oop from halfcourt, whilst being double teamed...... DAMN.

yuichi said:
    Never have liked David West's game. Barkley or Malone would have destroyed this dude in the low block.

I liked Hibbert for a second, but dude definitely needs to ask for the rock more. And these dudes aren't even the focal point of the offense. Darren Collision and Granger and Paul George and all them dudes are chucking up shots. It's a guard-centric league for better or worse. Feel bad for dudes like Hibbert and Bynum who have a great shooting touch in the low block (which is very rare these days), but yet become 2nd or 3rd option in the offense. Damn shame. Cuz I last time I checked a 5 footer was a higher percentage shot than an off-the-dribble 15footer....

Darren Collison is in Dallas and Granger is hasnt played this season.

Do u watch basketball?

Do you make any reasonable arguments or do you just like to nitpick? lol

Would you agree that kids emulated Jordan and AI and Kobe, even the bigs, and not an Ewing or Mutumbo or Stockton?

Straight up, LAL is like a big luxury cruise ship that has a malfunctioning engine.

yuichi said:
    Do you make any reasonable arguments or do you just like to nitpick? lol

Would you agree that kids emulated Jordan and AI and Kobe, even the bigs, and not an Ewing or Mutumbo or Stockton?

Straight up, LAL is like a big luxury cruise ship that has a malfunctioning engine.

David West and a gang full of bigs dont play try to emulate Jordan.
    Hibbert comes out of Georgetown and plays with the Ewing, mutombo, Mourning type game.

Your short and u like to lean towards small dudes naturally.
    Its cool, but the last team to win it all with a dominant PG is the Pistons with Zeke.

So as much as the NBA changed the rules for perimeter play to flourish, Dirk and LeBron, Wade with Shaq, have gotten rings.
    Kobe hasnt won shit without Gasol and Shaq. Parker had Duncan.

There is no team that won without a low post presence except Miami last year who still had Bosh at the elbow and LeBron posting up for the first time.

Before the rule changes, Jordan had Grant in the first run, and had Rodman on the second. Payton Kemp, Stockton Malone, Hakeem and Smith/Cassell, Barkley and KJ.

Nash and Howard.......LOL!

• PLAESE HALP.

I dunno about trading Gasol if im LA.

Your gambling on Howard to totally heal up and suddenly become a consistent offensive threat after all this time?

If Howard suddenly leaves, LA is now asking Jordan Hill lead the paint.

But if u can get some youth for Gasol so you can prepare for the future, i guess you make that move.

But I think Gasol at 5, Hill at 4, Old World Peace at 3, Old Kobe and Old Nash > (My Neck, My Back, My Free Throws)Howard, Gasol, WP, Kobe, Nash.

All that running around firing up threes is cute and will win you a bunch of games in the regular season but it doesnt win rings. Lebron had to get his ass in the post to win and Dirk the same.... I love the team Indiana has built..

• that is if you would like to see is best for LA. no one likes LA.

gasol has proven far more than dwight has. he deserves out.