What? No NBA 2012-2013 Thread Yet?

motown67motown67 4,513 Posts
edited October 2012 in Strut Central
Who's your team?

Is it a done deal that the Heat are going to repeat this year?

Does everyone expect the Lakers to be their Western Conference opponent?

What teams are going to make the playoffs and who's going to fall off?

Any surprise teams or players out there?

And last, Go Warriors! We're deep this year and going to be in the mix for the playoffs.

Comments

• DJ_EnkiDJ_Enki 6,471 Posts
    If it's Heat vs. Lakers for the title, I'm rooting for an arena explosion.

• batmonbatmon 27,574 Posts
    motown67 said:
    Who's your team?

Is it a done deal that the Heat are going to repeat this year?

Does everyone expect the Lakers to be their Western Conference opponent?

What teams are going to make the playoffs and who's going to fall off?

Any surprise teams or players out there?

And last, Go Warriors! We're deep this year and going to be in the mix for the playoffs.

Indiana Pacers

If the Heat dont get knocked in the East I dont see any West Coast team fuckin with them.

Chicago is gonna slip with Rose being out. I dont know whom in the East will make a comeup except the Wizards.

The LA Clippers are the future.

Tweak the Thread Title pleez. Add some swag.

• yuichiyuichi Urban sprawl 11,331 Posts
    motown67 said:

Don't count on it.

Lakers are the NOW. As much as I wanna root for the Clippers, they're nothing without Chauncey or a healthy Odom. I feel like them dudes are the key to the Clippers' success. Without versatile and "smart" players, they're nothing but a bunch of athletic dudes looking awkward in their offense under Vinny del Negro. Talk about bigs with no shooting touch....Blake and D'Andre are just that. They should run and gun it every time down the floor, with the amount of athletes they have on that team. They are however one of the deepest teams in the league, if not the deepest...

• RockadelicRockadelic Out Digging 13,993 Posts
    batmon said:

Indiana Pacers

If the Heat dont get knocked in the East I dont see any West Coast team fuckin with them.

Chicago is gonna slip with Rose being out. I dont know whom in the East will make a comeup except the Wizards.

Tweak the Thread Title pleez. Add some swag.

Not feelin the Nets?

http://www.nets.com/

yuichi said:
    motown67 said:

Don't count on it.

Lakers are the NOW. As much as I wanna root for the Clippers, they're nothing without Chauncey or a healthy Odom. I feel like them dudes are the key to the Clippers' success. Without versatile and "smart" players, they're nothing but a bunch of athletic dudes looking awkward in their offense under Vinny del Negro. Talk about bigs with no shooting touch....Blake and D'Andre are just that. They should run and gun it every time down the floor, with the amount of athletes they have on that team. They are however one of the deepest teams in the league, if not the deepest...

Are Grant Hill, Matt Barnes, Odom, Caron Butler, Jamal Crawford and Eric Bledsoe non versatile and dumb.
    Chros Paul > Steve Nash

Keep suckin on your old ass No bench havin, no offensive game Overhyped Howard poisoned Lakers.
    Yall fuckers are old and will take some time to gel into something feasible without a bench for the old bitches.
    You are no threat. But i bet youll get bamboozeld with you beating up on the bums in the regular season but when the Playoffs roll around those 30 year olds will be hobbled with the lackluster Mike Brown to run some bullshit ass plays.

San Diego > Minneapolis.

I smell the fear in your post. U know adding Howard aint enuff.

Fuck The Nets.

• mannybolonemannybolone Los Angeles, CA 15,025 Posts
    If Batmon and Yuichi are popping shit at one another, it must be fall.

batmon said:
    yuichi said:
    motown67 said:

Don't count on it.

Are Grant Hill, Matt Barnes, Odom, Caron Butler, Jamal Crawford and Eric Bledsoe non versatile and dumb.
    Chros Paul > Steve Nash

Keep suckin on your old ass No bench havin, no offensive game Overhyped Howard poisoned Lakers.
    Yall fuckers are old and will take some time to gel into something feasible without a bench for the old bitches.
    You are no threat. But i bet youll get bamboozeld with you beating up on the bums in the regular season but when the Playoffs roll around those 30 year olds will be hobbled with the lackluster Mike Brown to run some bullshit ass plays.

San Diego > Minneapolis.

Fuck The Nets.

You're incoherent posts are just about as old as the Lakers...

Fear in my post? Trippin' holmes. Lakers got Nash, they're gonna be fine.

And I like the Clippers, I just see their obvious limitations.

See what happened to the Clips once Chauncey got hurt last year. Chris Paul last minute heroics...

The bottom line is, do the pieces fit together? Ask the Blazers about that one. or the Knicks.
    It almost feels like the Clippers are overcompensating for previous year's failures and just overloading their roster....

Mark my word, if it works, it's because of Chauncey and/or Odom.

Fuck The Nets.

Not the Bronx-related? Damn, those jerseys look like some mom-and-pop made 'em the night before.

• you bickerers are sleeping on the sixers.
    atlantic division could be within our grasp this year.
    we have size, shooting, depth, youth. if collins can instill defensive mindedness and bynum stays healthy we are fine

tripledouble said:
    you bickerers are sleeping on the sixers.
    atlantic division could be within our grasp this year.
    we have size, shooting, depth, youth. if collins can instill defensive mindedness and bynum stays healthy we are fine

I was about to say. Philly is a great example of a roster that not many can recite, but yet their pieces fit together. Doug Collins, great coach. I'm gonna keep an eye on 'em. Bynum is good. He just didn't get enough of the rock in LA.

• Heat are looking great for a repeat. Boston & Indiana are still contenders. I don't think the Sixers will be as good as they were last year, but maybe I'm still salty they beat my Bulls in the 1st round. Lakers have built it up nicely, but I don't see Howard bringing much more than Bynum as fars as points & rebounds. He may have more blocks. But seriously, Bynum put up 30 in several playoff games last year. Kobe & Nash are past their prime, but I won't count them out. Clippers look good, as do the Nuggets, Spurs & of course Thunder. If they can get their assists up they will be in the Finals again. My teams are BULLS & WARRIORS. So I wait patiently for a healthy Rose, & a cross fingers for healthy Steph Curry Ankles! Warriors could actually make the playoffs! Don't sleep on Klay Thompson, who probably would have been ROY if he had started all season.

• motown67motown67 4,513 Posts
    Bynum was inconsistent and immature. Howard will get tons of easy points just off of lobs from Nash. That's also the reason why I don't think the Sixers will have a breakthrough this year.

motown67 said:
    Bynum was inconsistent and immature. Howard will get tons of easy points just off of lobs from Nash. That's also the reason why I don't think the Sixers will have a breakthrough this year.

Inconsistent because he didn't get nearly as many touches. And stopped getting post position, once he saw he wasn't getting touches. Bynum won us a title, I don't care what anyone says.

Bynum was the 3rd option on the Lakers, sometimes the 4th. With the Sixers he'll be number one. I don't see him handling that responsibility well.

FWIW, I think both the 6ers and Lakers are better off with Bynum now in Philly. He's good but has yet to show consistently high performance over the course of the season, presuming he stays healthy even.

I also think people shouldn't see Howard as an offensive weapon when his primary bonus to the Lakers is improving the team defensively. Sure, he can score but this team doesn't need another alpha point maker with both Kobe and Nash in the back court.

Seriously, I think people's hatred of the Lakers (understandable as it is) blinds them to recognizing just how big of a deal their off-season moves have been. Nash may be old but he's magnitudes better than any PG in years. Huge upgrade at a vital position and hopefully, it means Kobe can focus more on restoring his shooting accuracy. Throw in Howard and you have pick-and-roll points by the score PLUS a defensive monster. Metta WP is still Metta. Inconsistent. Capable of shutting shit down when he's really trying but I kind of wished the Lakers amnestied his ass and found something else to build with. C'est la vie.

With the current Lakers, it all comes back to the bench. Last year...abysmal may be too kind of a term. This year, it *could* be better but no guarantees at all. If anything stands in their way of a deep playoff run, it's going to be this obvious potential weak spot.

But fuck it, I'll put the Lakers starting 5 against any team in the league.

Howard is a bum. turkolu was the reason they went deep. in orlando.

the lakers have no bench and will need some growth to gel.

the sixers will lose alot with Iggys defense not there on the perimeter. you cant ask bynum to play d and score 20 a nite. he too slow.
    theyvwill need timevtongel as well with the new look. Turner should break out this year.

Fuck the Knicks.

Warriors........Bogut and Lee should do ok. Im not sold in Curry.

Doc Rivers son is gonna surpass him at the point guard level.

Memphis.........

motown67 said:
    Bynum was the 3rd option on the Lakers, sometimes the 4th. With the Sixers he'll be number one. I don't see him handling that responsibility well.

When the Lakers were winning, he was at least 2nd option. I mean dude was top 10 in FG%. Vital piece. Injury-prone YES. But I'm not buying any of the "inconsistent, immature" b.s.

Doc Rivers son is gonna surpass him at the point guard level.

Dude's game is very one dimensional at this point. Tenacity/killer instinct yes, but he needs to learn to get others involved, either that or be a legit shooting guard and bulk up.

yuichi said:
    batmon said:
    yuichi said:
    motown67 said:

Don't count on it.

Chros Paul > Steve Nash

San Diego > Minneapolis.

Fuck The Nets.

You're incoherent posts are just about as old as the Lakers...

Fear in my post? Trippin' holmes. Lakers got Nash, they're gonna be fine.

And I like the Clippers, I just see their obvious limitations.

See what happened to the Clips once Chauncey got hurt last year. Chris Paul last minute heroics...

The bottom line is, do the pieces fit together? Ask the Blazers about that one. or the Knicks.
    It almost feels like the Clippers are overcompensating for previous year's failures and just overloading their roster....

Mark my word, if it works, it's because of Chauncey and/or Odom.

i never have to mark your words cause you cant evaluate the game. were u givin nash ant props before he joined the lakers?

portland and ny dont have Paul at the point. to me their only weakness is gelling and Del Negro. they have too many vets to act stupid.
    U placing their success on Billups and Lamar Kardashian? where have u been? Barnes and Hill are vet enuff to provide stabillity.
    they lack nothing on paper. cats want to play for lac because of the potential.

u smell the shift in power while ur stuck suckin on kobe nuts while lebron and Durant have surpassed him in popularity.
    yellow and purple is out. red white and blue is that new shit. bow the fuck down.
    talmbout im incoherent......get the fuck outta here. Mike Brown is incompetent.

Man, I swear J Lin had more pieces to work with than what I just saw of the roster! lol Turnover-prone, but dude is the definition of an average athlete (like Nash) getting teammates involved. Ricky Rubio too.

U placing their success on Billups and Lamar Kardashian? where have u been? Barnes and Hill are vet enuff to provide stabillity.

Gaining insight from a New Yorker is like trying to use the same discount coupon three times at one place. Ain't gonna happen.

The first two you mentioned are really good at controlling tempo, getting teammates involved, and getting off their shot. The latter two are good, but they have more niche roles. Does this make sense?

yuichi said:

Gaining insight from a New Yorker is like trying to use the same discount coupon three times at one place. Ain't gonna happen.

The first two you mentioned are really good at controlling tempo, getting teammates involved, and getting off their shot. The latter two are good, but they have more niche roles. Does this make sense?

Are u still jealous of NYC? u gotta get over that. bottle up some smog and check your geiger counter and talk basketball.

Without versatile and "smart" players, they're nothing but a bunch of athletic dudes

Go up and down the Clippers roster and tell me most them even fit this descrpition. Do u watch basketball?

Rub my feets and make me a green tea w a slice of ginger and a haff teaspoon of agave.

Mike Brown will be the downfall of any team that wants to actually win the big games, and a championship. The Lakers should have listened to Magic and canned his ass after last year's playoffs.

motown67 said:
    Mike Brown will be the downfall of any team that wants to actually win the big games, and a championship. The Lakers should have listened to Magic and canned his ass after last year's playoffs.

Yeah, truth. Only front office move this past half year that really seems miscalculated.

batmon said:
    yuichi said:

Are u still jealous of NYC? u gotta get over that. bottle up some smog and check your geiger counter and talk basketball.

Without versatile and "smart" players, they're nothing but a bunch of athletic dudes

Go up and down the Clippers roster and tell me most them even fit this descrpition. Do u watch basketball?

Rub my feets and make me a green tea w a slice of ginger and a haff teaspoon of agave.

Why am I even wasting time replying to you....I can guarantee I've seen more Clipper games than you last season.

Matt Barnes, Jamal Crawford, Blake Griffin, D'Andre Jordan, Caron Butler, Eric Bledsoe. Nice athletes but they are not a Chauncey or Lamar...They've won rings FYI.

We get your drift dawg, if you wanna continue picking sleepers ("watch out") and making up words, and getting foot massages from dudes, "do you", but please don't come in here spewing all kinds of rubbish. The shit you say is literally spam.

mannybolone said:
    motown67 said:

Yeah, truth. Only front office move this past half year that really seems miscalculated.

Are you allowed to trade coaches? Get Rick Adelman up in this bitch.

• marumaru 1,450 Posts
    DJ_Enki said:

If this happens ill be forced to root for the Lakers, only because I think Nash really deserves a title and the fact that I probably hate Lebron only slightly more than Kobe.

maru said:
    DJ_Enki said:

If this happens ill be forced to root for the Lakers, only because I think Nash really deserves a title and the fact that I probably hate Lebron only slightly more than Kobe.

Lakers Fever??? Catch it!

yuichi said:
    batmon said:
    yuichi said:

Why am I even wasting time replying to you....I can guarantee I've seen more Clipper games than you last season.

Matt Barnes, Jamal Crawford, Blake Griffin, D'Andre Jordan, Caron Butler, Eric Bledsoe. Nice athletes but they are not a Chauncey or Lamar...They've won rings FYI.

We get your drift dawg, if you wanna continue picking sleepers ("watch out") and making up words, and getting foot massages from dudes, "do you", but please don't come in here spewing all kinds of rubbish. The shit you say is literally spam.

U dont know basketball. Youll continue act like u know basketball and say some ole dumb shit, exposing yourself as the late pass armchair critic. Go wipe down Mike Brown's LeBron statue.

Odom counts because he has a ring? Did this apply in Dallas? GTFOHWTB.

The TEAM or any team that succeeds is for a number of reasons, and having championship 2 vets is far from the first factor.

• This might be the year that the Knicks start clicking, and if they do, they could be a contender. I think not, but it could happen.

I'm expecting big thangs (tm) from the Clippers, but I agree they'll suck until they get Chauncey back.

Lakers Schmakers. I hope they win a title, because I want to see Nash with a ring. Howard for all his flaws is really tall and thus dunks and blocks, maybe even a rebound or 2. I still think they all deserve a tragic accident (Ron-ron accidentaly breaking Kobe's, his own and Steve Blake's knees in one foul swoop), but at the end of the day I'm a massive Nash fan. Have been for years. Still think that the Suns combo of Nash/Dragic was one of the great PG combo's any team could have.

Also Lin isn't a very good player and I look forward to the hype dying, turning around and the Rockets once again not wanting him on the team.

I'm interested to see what the Celtics will do this year. They're old... bla bla. They can still win.

Bulls are out, when Rose is out. He might be back for a bit, but it's only a matter of time till he blows out his knees or back.

OKC..... same team as last year, with a few pieces added. They could be a contender if kill the TO's and maybe add some more scoring power outside of Harden/Durant/Westbrook.

Golden State will be awesome. And then Curry's ankles will fuck up AGAIN, and they'll suck.

Is this the year the Raptors become contenders? How about the Bobcats? HAHA.

Timberwolves? Could be interesting to watch.