What? No NBA 2012-2013 Thread Yet?

Comments

• yuichiyuichi Urban sprawl 11,331 Posts
    Mike Bibby with the Sac Kings was "elite". And I don't think he put up 20 and 10 every night. Does this make sense? You make your "teammates better" by creating a well-balanced attack, and the PG position is obviously critical to this. What's your definition of "elite"?

Any time you and your teammates are contender status, you are obviously doing something FOR THE WHOLE TEAM. A NET POSITIVE EFFECT. Tony Parker is elite.

That boy Harden can play...gawdamn. I'm surprised nobody talks about his speed, strength, and conditioning.

Kevin Martin = Tracy McGrady

• batmonbatmon 27,574 Posts
    yuichi said:
    Mike Bibby with the Sac Kings was "elite". And I don't think he put up 20 and 10 every night. Does this make sense? You make your "teammates better" by creating a well-balanced attack, and the PG position is obviously critical to this. What's your definition of "elite"?

Any time you and your teammates are contender status, you are obviously doing something FOR THE WHOLE TEAM. A NET POSITIVE EFFECT. Tony Parker is elite.

Tony Parker yes.
    Bibby in his prime NO.
    Jeremy LIn in NYC for about two weeks ...........NO
    Jeremy Lin in Houston with World Peace .......priceless

Theres a difference to me between Elite PG and very very good status.

Tony Parker and Nash in their primes would do the same shit with any team they join.
    I dont think if Bibby gpt traded to another team in his prime would be doin what he did in Sac.
    Webber had the same assists numbers a Bibby. when they went 61-21.

Billups as savvy as he his hasnt been killin shit in a long ass time.
    He helped Denver get to the WC Finals one year and then got knocked in the first round the next two years.

Yes he will help the Clips when he gets back, but i dont think their fortunes are dependent on his gameplay.

• edpowersedpowers 4,437 Posts
    batmon said:
    You really think Chris Pauls agent and peoples would let him remain there if shit is a foul as you make it out to be?
    Would Grant Hill even take a wiff of that shit if they didnt make some changes in the organization.
    s

Chris paul hasnt signed a long term extension yet. Which he probably will because of the new CBA. From what i remember, the only teams going hard after Grant Hill were the Lakers and Clippers, the Clippers offered a better deal.

edpowers said:
    batmon said:
    You really think Chris Pauls agent and peoples would let him remain there if shit is a foul as you make it out to be?
    Would Grant Hill even take a wiff of that shit if they didnt make some changes in the organization.
    s

Chris paul hasnt signed a long term extension yet. Which he probably will because of the new CBA. From what i remember, the only teams going hard after Grant Hill were the Lakers and Clippers, the Clippers offered a better deal.

After Griffin and Paul will they have cap space down the line to add anyone else or is this it?
    I imagine Jordan is workin towards gettin paid if he hasnt yet.

Jordan,Crawford,Hill,Bledsoe,Green and Butler are the only players signed beyond this season...Donald Sterling is notorious for being a cheap owner and he's going to have to deal with Paul and Griffin this summer....i'm sure he'll offer both max deals but there's no way he's going near the luxury tax by adding more depth, extending Bledsoe and Crawford or replacing Del Negro.

Correction: he doesnt have to extend Crawford. He's already signed long term.

Del Negro is a serious Achillies Heel.

• white_teawhite_tea 3,262 Posts
    batmon said:
    I think your making Billups out to be an Elite PG. He's not. He was the clutch man on ONE championship team Ten years ago.
    Richard Hamilton was the leading scorer and it wasnt til Rasheed came over from Portland that they got over the hump.
    They got knocked by the superior Jason Kidd and the Nets the year before.
    I like what he'll bring to the locker room but dude is past his prime.

'Sheed came to the D after that brief layover in the ATL, remember?

I'll do a quick weigh-in from Bulls nation: Our starting PG (Kirk) is straight garbage while Nate Robinson comes in off the bench and almost makes it worse. Outside of Jimmy Buttler and the probably-never-good-enough-to-be-a-starter-on-a-good-team Taj Gibson, the rest of the bench is doo-doo. Our only real scorer -- if you could even call him that at this late date -- is Rip Hamilton. I don't know if I should be mad at the ownership for being cheap, or happy they shrewdly made no stupid moves when the team will only be treading water for the next year anyway. In any event: Tough to watch. Noah gets better every year but I'll longing for Asik. Debating jumping on the Rockets bandwagon...

Edit: Boozer dunked this year, however, the shock quickly turned to depression once I realized that was the first and perhaps last time I'd see that happen in a Bulls uniform.

white_tea said:
    batmon said:
    I think your making Billups out to be an Elite PG. He's not. He was the clutch man on ONE championship team Ten years ago.
    Richard Hamilton was the leading scorer and it wasnt til Rasheed came over from Portland that they got over the hump.
    They got knocked by the superior Jason Kidd and the Nets the year before.
    I like what he'll bring to the locker room but dude is past his prime.

'Sheed came to the D after that brief layover in the ATL, remember?

I'll do a quick weigh-in from Bulls nation: Our starting PG (Kirk) is straight garbage while Nate Robinson comes in off the bench and almost makes it worse. Outside of Jimmy Buttler and the probably-never-good-enough-to-be-a-starter-on-a-good-team Taj Gibson, the rest of the bench is doo-doo. Our only real scorer -- if you could even call him that at this late date -- is Rip Hamilton. I don't know if I should be mad at the ownership for being cheap, or happy they shrewdly made no stupid moves when the team will only be treading water for the next year anyway. In any event: Tough to watch. Noah gets better every year but I'll longing for Asik. Debating jumping on the Rockets bandwagon...

Edit: Boozer dunked this year, however, the shock quickly turned to depression once I realized that was the first and perhaps last time I'd see that happen in a Bulls uniform.

Jumpin ship is NAGL.

They depended on Rose too much and didnt get real support. And when gets back they will need a second option. Deng aint that dude.

Yall will be ok though. no chip though.

• white_teawhite_tea 3,262 Posts
    I'm not jumping ship in a real sense, only considering casting my allegiance toward spending more time watching a team that plays an enjoyable game. Going back to last year's crushing playoff exit (still raw after seeing Rose tear his ACL live), watching the Bulls has been very humbling. I did go out to the Thunder-Bulls game two weeks ago, and that game as well as the last two against the Clippers and Blazers just show that Chicago really has no chance whatsoever to hang with some of the faster squads in the West, much less Miami. I would also venture a guess that their 3-point numbers are worst in the league.

get an interior scorer and a healthy Rose and yall will be right back in the race.

• motown67motown67 4,513 Posts
    DeAndre Jordan from the Clippers just signed a major deal with the Clippers last year when he was a restricted free agent. The Warriors threw him a big deal and the Clippers matched it.

There was the possibility of Blake not resigning if they didnt match The Warriors offer to Deandre ...dudes are like best friends on the team

• i dont even want to think about the nba. im in a bynum induced depression

Some fool is going to give Bynum a big contract this summer and he'll be out of the league in 3 years.

Live once, die twice with Kobe.

Lebron is now officially the best player in the league. He'd make this Lakers team an instant contender.

If this shit continues, it'll be a matter of time before Dwight becomes frustrated (if he isn't already).

And Pau must be the most immobile big man in the league right now. His bro is tougher and got a better J....

Metta's J will be on/off throughout the course of the season.

Ball movement seems to be one of the toughest concepts to grasp for LA. What a damn shame. Damn I miss Lamar.

Warriors bitches!

This shit is hilarious. NBA training video on what flops will be called this season.

This one is even better.

motown67 said:
    This one is even better.

damn, Motown in a good mood? Thank you for this.

I nominate Chris Bosh with the magic bullet.

batmon said:

Maybe he tried to flop? lol Been a while, since I seen somebody get dropped to the floor that bad.

Pau Gasol is such a liability at this point.

Jamison's wack.

Nobody has the balls to demand the rock from Kobe.

Kobe's being dumb as hell (again).

Howard's free throws are something else.

UGLY.

Yall too old to be running up and down the court. Your bigger than most teams in the halfcourt.

batmon said:
    Yall too old to be running up and down the court. Your bigger than most teams in the halfcourt.

Got so many awkward pieces. This is gonna be even tougher than the big three in Miami to pull off.

yuichi said:
    batmon said:

Got so many awkward pieces. This is gonna be even tougher than the big three in Miami to pull off.

Nash should help with the flow.

This is really just a one year experiment IMO.

And theyd be silly to let go of Gasol. Dude is a best Post player on that team.

Yall need some youth and fresher legs. Its a shame Sessions bolted.

• The_NonThe_Non 5,691 Posts
    For all those Jeremy Lin hateurs, pull up to the interwebs and grab a cool tall glass of haterade:

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/marc-lamont-hill/linsanity-jeremy-lin_b_2199606.html

Once the video tapes got studied, dude got exposed. He aint doin shit in Houston. He's a regular ass player.
    Im glad he got outta NYC where the microscope is always on him.