Does Soul Strut Have Moderators Anymore?

Comments

• pcmrpcmr 5,591 Posts
    also i want D.E.L.E.T.E
    to become a reality

• parallaxparallax no-style-having mf'er 1,266 Posts
    ^^^

+

4YearGraduate said:
    WHAT YOU AINT DOWN WITH WHITEGUURL?

HAHAHAHAH! So perfect.

• Anto99Anto99 244 Posts
    I know I have been advised that one of my main- and there's many, many more- flaws is my inability to shut the fuck up. I have reviewed my threads and I agree. 100 percent. But, I will say that forum etiquette is not something everyone comes on here with a solid understanding of. I have not been part of one before. That said, I only ask that u try to look beyond the admitted mistakes of a newbie. I once again, did not shut up. I know. But, I honestly respect this place and am pleading ignorance. Lesson learned.

• batmonbatmon 27,574 Posts
    pcmr said:
    also i want D.E.L.E.T.E
    to become a reality

D.E.L.E.T.E.?? = H.E.R.M.??

• bassie said:
    4YearGraduate said:

New Moderators:
    Raj, NzShadow, Batmon, CrabmongerFunk, DOR, The Non

Seconded.

I forgot The Non.. added to the dream team.

• bassiebassie 11,710 Posts
    4YearGraduate said:
    bassie said:
    4YearGraduate said:

New Moderators:
    Raj, NzShadow, Batmon, CrabmongerFunk, DOR, The Non

Seconded.

I forgot The Non.. added to the dream team.

Yes, excellent choice!

haha, like pcmr said, good mix of level-headedness and insanity!
    let's do this!!

If we have 6 mods - i dont need to be one.

5 or less is enuff IMO.

• pcmrpcmr 5,591 Posts

so i guess DOPE

b/w

Anto99 said:
    I know I have been advised that one of my main- and there's many, many more- flaws is my inability to shut the fuck up. I have reviewed my threads and I agree. 100 percent. But, I will say that forum etiquette is not something everyone comes on here with a solid understanding of. I have not been part of one before. That said, I only ask that u try to look beyond the admitted mistakes of a newbie. I once again, did not shut up. I know. But, I honestly respect this place and am pleading ignorance. Lesson learned.

talk a bout it be about it

• Anto99 said:

how about this: i think you're a fucking asshole. by hey, that's me.

• bassiebassie 11,710 Posts
    batmon said:
    If we have 6 mods - i dont need to be one.

5 or less is enuff IMO.

I doubt all six will ever be on at the same time. DO IT.

• pcmrpcmr 5,591 Posts
    the non has got fire in the belly and old head status for sure

6 is fine (and will prove useful down the road so people can relay)
    batmon for 6th man of the year

• Anto99Anto99 244 Posts
    For sure.

• skelskel You can't cheat karma 5,033 Posts
    I recant.

Someone put this dude out of our misery.

Anto99 said:
    For sure.

You havent been here long enuff to make a peep while grown folks are speakin on this right here.

Stop typing unless you really have something to say for the moment.

Earn some stripes and then feel free to do u.

DONT RESPOND.

• pcmr said:
    the non has got fire in the belly and old head status for sure

6 is fine (and will prove useful down the road so people can relay)
    batmon for 6th man of the year

Agreed. 6 means the will doesn't have to fall on one or the other, enough so people can lead lives and still maintain a semblance of balance here. Threads can get consolidated, DELETE threads removed, users banned before the flush the first page etc. Also, As TheNon has shown, proactively organize competitions, gatherings or otherwise. Lets continue to step this shit up like we have this summer. Strut convention or some shit.

• JRootJRoot 861 Posts
    Rockadelic said:
    I'm into records....hunting for them....buying them....listening to them....selling them.....and I'll go anyplace like-minded people want to discuss them.....if they talk about current events, sports, etc. even better........every place you go is going to have solid folks and assholes....IRL and online.

I'm with Rock on this 100 percent. Also, I've got no problem with some light- to medium-moderation. Can't be too heavy, though. New posters are still the lifeblood of 30 to 40 percent of the site content. TET. PAP. SONATHAN!

Here's some record talk about records i got the other day from my local spot:

Baby Cortez -- some single on Julia/Chess -- nice organ riff, sounds like about 1962 when those organ instrumentals were still jumping off. Were there so many organ instrumentals at that time because white America was comfortable with instrumentals before they became comfortable buying black music with black people singing on it? RACE RELATED! Classic soulstrut jumping off point.

Donovan - Hurdy Gurdy Man. Damn, this is a pretty nice record. I never really started tracking Donovan, but when this showed up in the dollar bin at the local spot, I decided to give it a blast. One dollar holler VINDICATED! I never knew Donovan had an India-cum-George Harrison period, but somehow remained kinda pop in the middle of it.

James Taylor - Greatest hits. This title (should be) available in dollar bins everywhere. I wanted to compare the re-recorded versions of Carolina in my Mind and that other one to the original versions from the self-titled debut. I suppose I could have done this on the internet somewhere, but I prefer doing things in real life. (It's one of the reasons I drifted away from here -- real life is better.) It's no wonder that the re-recorded versions are the JT that everybody knows from the radio -- the original string arrangements are downright jarring by comparison to the syrupy re-up. Does anyone know why JT re-recorded those for the Greatest Hits release? I suspect a contract/rights dispute with Apple (no iPad), or maybe even with Sir Paul himself, but don't know for sure.

Bill Withers - Grandma's Hands (with and without monologue). I absolutely love this song and was thrilled to scoop up the minty 45.

Jimmy Smith - Open House. The cover had split seams, and the vinyl was maybe VG (maybe VG-), but I'll pay a dollar and see if it plays through. It played through -- didn't sound too scratchy or terrible either. Really great record with Blue Mitchell on trumpet, Jackie McLean on alto sax. Just four long blowouts in 1960, before long blowouts became long freakouts.

Blue Mitchell - Bantu Village. Still in shrink, but previous owner's cat hair was inside. Didn't mess the record up too badly, and definitely no cat pee smell (you have to be sure -- no sense bringing that stink into your house if you can avoid it.)

Do you guys still look for records? Still buy them? Maybe there's some breaks on the Blue Mitchell record that I'm missing.

See you dudes around the way.
    JRoot

• HarveyCanalHarveyCanal "a distraction from my main thesis." 13,234 Posts
    Bantu Village = Hiero gold.

• JRootJRoot 861 Posts
    I knew somebody had to jack the Bantu Village for beats.

You still bet that you can harm me, but you don't alarm me.

• dammsdamms 704 Posts
    vintageinfants said:
    Anto99 said:

• jamesjames chicago 1,863 Posts
    I'd remind folks that history has shown that you should only nominate for moderator people whom you would like to see stop posting.

• damms said:
    vintageinfants said:
    Anto99 said:

• BeatChemistBeatChemist 1,465 Posts
    bassie said:
    Let's just ban all Toronto people. I think this is the best thing.

Me
    vintageinfants
    DOR
    Beat Chemist
    Stone Hands (I think?)
    Anto99

Who else???

Between unleashing Aubs onto the the world and breaking SStrut, we need to be stopped.

I just gotta say it's nice to be recognized!!! I always feel like a perpetual lurker with a high ass post count!!

My 0.02 based on pages 1-3 of this thread!?! BAN. Unapologetically. Fuck em. There are tons of forums to visit. People who are clearly a problem need to be dealt with. I enjoy the cat picture idea.

• JRootJRoot 861 Posts
    james said:
    I'd remind folks that history has shown that you should only nominate for moderator people whom you would like to see stop posting.

Come back DCastlevania!

Hi James. When shall we next meet at Gaylords?

Faux_rillz on waxidermy earlier today...

"SoulStrut 2012 = a bunch of little dudes getting exercised over whether a version of "Take Me to the Mardi Gras" sans bells actually exists, a topic so painfully uninteresting that the fact that people are apparently interested in it is actually a little bit interesting. But not really."

• LaserWolfLaserWolf Portland Oregon 11,517 Posts

"Got to man, this is America."

No we don't.

Right now the newbie who is annoying me the most is the one who thinks every post is about him.

• DORDOR Two Ron Toe 9,899 Posts
    HarveyCanal said:
    Faux_rillz on waxidermy earlier today...

"SoulStrut 2012 = a bunch of little dudes getting exercised over whether a version of "Take Me to the Mardi Gras" sans bells actually exists, a topic so painfully uninteresting that the fact that people are apparently interested in it is actually a little bit interesting. But not really."

You really surprised by this at all tho? Faux spent more than a couple of his 15,000+ post on here putting down the site and stutters. It's not like he wouldn't do the same while on another site... Raj should only start worrying about things when there isn't a yearly strut shit talking post.

Waxi seems cool and all. I'm sure hcrink would be the first to say without the strut, there probably would never be a Waxidermy. hcrink and those guys did a great job... It's just not somewhere I feel a connection to post to. I'm sure they don't care either way. Once I stopped hustling records, my music talk has been extremely limited. And much of the music they discuss over there isn't on my radar.

I'd be happy if this place had 30-50 quality posters (Which, IMO it does). Instead of 2000+ ones like stinkie. Shit, there are 30+ strutters I would buy a beer anytime. Actually, there are a good 5-10 I've been trying to think of a way to send a case of beer off to. Plenty of great people on this site and there have been plenty of proud moments. Heatrocks alone will keep me here until Raj decides to close up shop. I'm just not one of those dudes to just jump ship because somewhere else is happening. I could easily spend all my online time on reddit alone (It's really like a black hole on there). But I will always find time for the strut.

I'd be down to moderate on here. But thinking about it, I'm not sure I'd be right. I'm not big on banning, unless it's really obvious (Someone like Stinkie for example). Tho, in the old days there was probably a time I'd want to ban someone like Harvey. Who today is one of many great posters on this site (Even if, there is much I don't agree with him on). Part of me feels that Anto could be a decent contributor to the site. If he just chilled out a bit...

In any case. I think the strut has been pretty decent the last 6 months (Minus 1 or 2 trolls). I'm sure once the cold weather hits and strutters are stuck back inside, posts will increase.

PS - I hope people aren't hating on TO. Come on down and I'll buy you a beer.

Edit - Just a quick add. I'm not sure what all the talk about which site is dead is about. Looking at the last 50 threads on both sites in the main channels, view #'s are about the same (might be slightly more on the strut). And alexa rates the strut a bit higher than Waxi on the last three month's of their global traffic ranking.

Plus, taking a quick look over there. Things aren't particularly booming.

http://waxidermy.com/bbs/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=43493

Summer always makes things slow. People are out enjoying the weather. Both sites will get more traffic once the cold hits.

• discos_almadiscos_alma discos_alma 2,164 Posts
    We need a temporary Deputy to clean this strip of dirt up a bit

• DORDOR Two Ron Toe 9,899 Posts
    Damn I love that show. In my top 3 of all time. Wish it got one more season. Damn HBO.