Does Soul Strut Have Moderators Anymore?

12346»

Comments

• Herm said:
    james said:

Peak-period Canal/rillz was like Spy Vs. Spy, only with two white ones.

THEY'RE WHITE?!?!

:comedy_gold:
    both of youse

• i cosine the new mods too for what its worth.
    movin on

• MjukisMjukis 1,675 Posts
    tripledouble said:
    i cosine the new mods too for what its worth.
    movin on

Yup, good idea. They could just drop an e-mail/PM to Raj if the ban hammer's necessary, and he could check it once a week or something.

Another one of those State of the Strut-threads... I don't post that much and spend less time online in general, but I

• mannybolonemannybolone Los Angeles, CA 15,025 Posts
    Just wanted to remind folks that the "REport" button has its value.

• BrianBrian 7,618 Posts
    talking down on dude when he no longer posts here and when you had ample opportunity to do so while he was here is a total nagl

• Anto99Anto99 244 Posts
    Here's a thought. Maybe set up a quick intro page that newbies can check out that outlines how things go down. Quite honestly, I think some people come on here with little or no background about forum etiquette- myself included. It may not solve all of your issues, but maybe a few?

• bassiebassie 11,710 Posts
    Anto99 said:
    Here's a thought. Maybe set up a quick intro page that newbies can check out that outlines how things go down. Quite honestly, I think some people come on here with little or no background about forum etiquette- myself included. It may not solve all of your issues, but maybe a few?

The issue is not ours.

Forum etiquette is not unlike real life etiquette.
    When one enters a long-running conversation full of people they do not know, they say hello, introduce her/himself and take some time to see what the conversation is about and how it flows before jumping in and over-taking it. Maybe they'll even hang back for a while before saying anything at all and become familiar with the flow, topic(s) and general demeanor of the participants. Inside jokes and subculture-specific language and behaviours can be confusing and difficult to negotiate if one is new, no doubt. So, if one is interested in remaining and being a valuable and valued contributor, it's also a good idea to listen to advice and suggestions when one has clearly not taken the time to do any of the above, or simply can't get a handle on things. What is considered cute in the real world, doesn't always translate online. As well, just because record store staff engages a person, one shouldn't assume online record fanatics will as well. There is no money being spent here to endear you and inspire patience and bottomless goodwill.

• Anto99Anto99 244 Posts
    I agree that elements of real-life interaction are no doubt part of the whole picture, but coming from a guy who is both new to this and to forums as a whole, there are nuances that you simply can't pick up on in the same way you could face-to-face. Etiquette has to mold at least a little when the context changes. It's just a suggestion from a guy who definitely got off on the very wrong foot based on shear ignorance and a healthy dose of firey Italian bullshit - it comes out sometimes I guess.

If I'm way off, mark it down as yet another retarded post.

• Hotsauce84Hotsauce84 8,450 Posts
    bassie said:

Sadly, it is.

I'm going to mark it as yet another post where you have asked all wide-eyed and who meeee? what you can do and then totally refuted and/or ignored the response.

Ciao.

• Anto99 said:
    yet another retarded post.

• DORDOR Two Ron Toe 9,899 Posts
    Herm said:
    bassie said:

Sadly, it is.

It's a whole new world out there.

• Anto99Anto99 244 Posts
    Ok..wide-eyed and not taking advice...sure, initially, yes. Guilty. 100%. I'm gun shy enough at this point to call my posts retarded before you do.
    I've owned up to being a dick off the bat. And if I was resilient about it, sure, there's no reason to let it go. Otherwise, move on. I'm not fighting what you're saying - I'm agreeing with it.

• Anto99Anto99 244 Posts
    If that's not cool, ban me and or anyone else you're talking about here. Because this is getting really tired.

• dayday 9,611 Posts
    Anto99 said:
    this is getting really tired.

Indeed.

When I first came on here I was baby dude status and barely posted anything for months, and when I did, it was met with clon. You gotta deal with it, don't be so sensitive - this is the internet and what you've seen on here aint schitt compared to what it could be.

Biggest thing is, learn to use the edit button to add on to your previous posts instead of this succession of 2,3,4 in a row rebuttals per thread. And MOST importantly, don't say anything unless it contributes to the conversation. The majority of your posts have been about yourself and your oodles and oodles of asshurt.

My .02

• Anto99Anto99 244 Posts
    Back to lurking I go then. Take it easy.

• RockadelicRockadelic Out Digging 13,993 Posts
    Anto99 said:

Want better odds this time?

• batmonbatmon 27,574 Posts
    Its a fuckin shame you have to "teach" people how to act before they get acclimated.

And were talmbout muthafuckin' grown ass adults, not some eager teenagers.

I dont think we should be stooping to this level of catering.

• dayday 9,611 Posts
    batmon said:
    Its a fuckin shame you have to "teach" people how to act before they get acclimated.

And were talmbout muthafuckin' grown ass adults, not some eager teenagers.

I dont think we should be stooping to this level of catering.

I agree. Fuggit.

• tabiratabira 856 Posts
    Rockadelic said:
    Anto99 said:

Want better odds this time?

If you'd been lurking how could you not know what to expect?

• Anto99Anto99 244 Posts
    No amount of lurking could prepare anyone for this bullshit. I've read the posts at Waxidermy, your supposed "rival". They're laughing at this shit. And with very good reason. Think I'll head over there as I'd rather talk about records with people who have better things to do than hold petty grudges over forum etiquette. Great place here. Tons of knowledge. But holy shit. Take your heads out of your ass! This is laughable. I feel like I'm in an SNL skit or something.

Odds are off by the way. I'm leaving on my own accord. Although I may pop by periodically to see if your incredibly important fight for Soulstrut's integrity is still in full flight. It's has and always will be the source of a very good laugh.

oh piss off already

• Just get gone. What's the obsession with belonging here amongst this "bullshit"?

• parallaxparallax no-style-having mf'er 1,266 Posts
    Anto99 said:
    View / Hide ??? Stop ignoring Anto99
    A post is hidden because Anto99 is being ignored.

Is this guy still talking? Good lord.

He should consider going to waxidermy to be among the 90% of that place's constituency: Asshurt loner, sensitive and bearded.

I wonder if Anto99's real life name is "Doug"?

• tabiratabira 856 Posts
    parallax said:
    Anto99 said:

Is this guys still talking? Good lord.

He should consider going to waxidermy to be among the 90% of that place's constituency: Asshurt loner, sensitive and bearded.

You may ignore him but you read his mind! LOL

• parallaxparallax no-style-having mf'er 1,266 Posts
    tabira said:
    parallax said:
    Anto99 said:

Is this guys still talking? Good lord.

You may ignore him but you read his mind! LOL

Is his name Doug?! Hahaha...