Does Soul Strut Have Moderators Anymore?

Comments

• DJ_EnkiDJ_Enki 6,471 Posts
    MusicaDelAlma said:
    We need a temporary Deputy to clean this strip of dirt up a bit

• discos_almadiscos_alma discos_alma 2,164 Posts

DOR said:
    Damn I love that show. In my top 3 of all time. Wish it got one more season. Damn HBO.

I know, right?

• RAJRAJ tenacious local 7,779 Posts
    :hi:

My wife and I have been building a house for two years??? raising kids??? running the family business and I really have not had the mental capacity to sit and deal with moderating. I usually catch wind and drop the ban hammer if necessary.

All current mods can do on the current site is delete and edit posts. Giving them ban privileges is the same as having root admin status and that shit is dangerous.

• LaserWolfLaserWolf Portland Oregon 11,517 Posts
    RAJ said:
    :

All current mods can do on the current site is delete and edit posts.

It would be awesome to see Gary or Mylatency with this power. Or Controler 7.

• Hotsauce84Hotsauce84 8,450 Posts
    DOR said:

You really surprised by this at all tho? Faux spent more than a couple of his 15,000+ post on here putting down the site and stutters. It's not like he wouldn't do the same while on another site...

I never understood this. Every time I pointed this out mutual friends would shut me down like I was out of line. "But he's a nice guy in person!" Psshhh... And?! I have more respect for someone who's a jerk online and a jerk in person than I do for someone who's a jerk online and a "nice guy" in person.

Anyways...I've said it before and I'll say it again: I HEART SOULSTRUT. To this day it's the only forum I participate in. I don't post as much as I used to (truth be told, even when I posted often it was less record-related and more BSing in the name of good fun), but still...I ignore the dumb sh*t, try hard to to avoid any bait and click responsibly, which I feel keeps my love and appreciation for this site STRONG.

I don't say it often enough, but THANK YOU RAJ for bringing us all together and giving so many of us a "home."

• RAJRAJ tenacious local 7,779 Posts
    Herm said:
    DOR said:

You really surprised by this at all tho? Faux spent more than a couple of his 15,000+ post on here putting down the site and stutters. It's not like he wouldn't do the same while on another site...

I never understood this. Every time I pointed this out mutual friends would shut me down like I was out of line. "But he's a nice guy in person!" Psshhh... And?! I have more respect for someone who's a jerk online and a jerk in person than I do for someone who's a jerk online and a "nice guy" in person.

I thought he would be some outspoken wigger when I first met him??? instead he was a quiet skinhead that gave off creepy serial killer vibes.

• LaserWolf said:
    RAJ said:
    :

Thanks. I've been checking a lot more lately, but I do t check every thread. I'm also not as in tune with who is who quite the same way some people are. The current crop are some serious sore thumbs and it would've been hard for anyone to miss them.

I work full time, have two kids under 3, and I'm finishing grad school. I also only check the site on my phone. I'm not the most useful, but I'm honored my name even popped up.

And Herm, I'm with you, I've always been a little bit more about the BS and jokes than the serious music talk. I add my two cents in rap threads and what not, but the best part about this place for me has been the humor. I didn't even know how to use photoshop and I ended up spending hours and hours making jokes on here with it. Too many hours.

Because of this site:
    I had a record released (get ready for the young folks 7 inch and 12 inch ep)
    I made a video with PUTS
    I recorded a fake cover song of Billie Jean that people actually looked for
    I made some e-friends, some of whom became real friends
    And more...

• LaserWolfLaserWolf Portland Oregon 11,517 Posts
    Controller_7 said:
    LaserWolf said:
    RAJ said:
    :

Thanks. I've been checking a lot more lately, but I do t check every thread... I didn't even know how to use photoshop and I ended up spending hours and hours making jokes on here with it.

I was just imagining you taking each annoying post and editing it with original gifs and jpgs.
    I never seriously thought you would have the time, or interest in doing that.

• I would have gladly taken that job a few years back.

• dayday 9,611 Posts
    Controller_7 said:

I recorded a fake cover song of Billie Jean that people actually looked for

From your ISH years ago?!?

• Ha ha.

• nzshadownzshadow 5,518 Posts
    Technically I am still a mod, but like RAJ said, all i can do is delete posts and threads - which i do when the bots turn up - but which i am reluctant to do otherwise - the resultant game of cat-and-mouse just demands too much fucking energy.

I am around these parts a lot less these days too - a combination of living remotely, having kids etc - so am not up-to-date with the latest clutch of whiney little attention whores making a mess at the grown-ups table.

that said, +1 for the bansmash.

• JimsterJimster Cruffiton.etsy.com 6,891 Posts
    LaserWolf said:
    RAJ said:
    :

Gary AKA Dizzy Bull? IIRC he already is a mod.

• skelskel You can't cheat karma 5,033 Posts
    DOR said:

You really surprised by this at all tho? Faux spent all but a couple of his 15,000+ post on here putting down the site and stutters. .

Fixed

• D.E.L.E.T.E.D.

• skel said:
    DOR said:

You really surprised by this at all tho? Faux spent all but a couple of his 15,000+ post on here putting down the site and stutters. .

Fixed

'i hate you so much that i can't stop talking about how much i hate you'.

-signed,
    soulstrut's jilted ex-wife

• parallaxparallax no-style-having mf'er 1,266 Posts
    Faux looks like the awkward shy kid who got bullied a lot in school. Is it any wonder he is a keyboard warrior? I also never understood why he was liked by a few people. And for a dude that hated soulstrut so much, he had aassive post count.

I checked out waxi back when it had the vintage scientist dudes graphic on the home page and formed the same opinion others have: weird records that suck. You guys remember that comp they had? Brutal, unlistenable crap.

• skelskel You can't cheat karma 5,033 Posts
    Whenever I have dipped in for a read, it often comes across like a dialogue between about 50 different flavours of Niles and Frasier Crane trying to out-snark each other.

Whilst talmbout records I mostly don't care about, and never will.

Not a dis. Any communitaay rolls differently from another.

• JectWonJectWon (@_@) 1,654 Posts
    When I think of potential mods, J I M S T E R comes to mind. He seems to have a pretty regular presence on here and he seems pretty even keel. I've never thought about who would be a good mod, nor do I know anyone who wants to be one...but, yeah I'd rather have mods who don't fuck around than have this place devolve into xbox-live/youtube-comment level fuckery.

• bassiebassie 11,710 Posts

-signed,
    faux rillz's jilted ex-wives

A vicious cycle really.

• bassie said:

-signed,

A vicious cycle really.

[grimace] ouch. [/grimace]

bassie pulls no punches. MODERATOR NOMINE??

• Options
    vintageinfants said:
    bassie said:

-signed,

A vicious cycle really.

It's worth it on 4th of July

vintageinfants said:
    bassie said:

-signed,

A vicious cycle really.

Ha! No, thank you.

• Anto99Anto99 244 Posts

I think this pretty much says it all.

• DJ_EnkiDJ_Enki 6,471 Posts
    skel said:
    Whenever I have dipped in for a read, it often comes across like a dialogue between about 50 different flavours of Niles and Frasier Crane trying to out-snark each other.

Black Frasier was the best Frasier.

"That's not the only thing around here that's fruity and precocious."

• We're getting dangerously close to doing exactly what people are complaining about. Faux was grumpy, but I kind of liked his input from time to time. I was never into his blanket statement hate of things, even things that he admitted he had no knowledge of, but he was one of the characters on here.

I do have to agree with Herm though, it's weird when someone is a nut online and everyone talks about how nice they are in real life. It's not inconceivable, but what is this Dungeons and Dragons? We're not role playing.

Except he wasn't a troll, nor an asshole any more than others on the Board. He was a valuable contributor on music-related ish and otherwise (bedsheet thread count anyone?).
    I got clowned by him same as everyone....and it was clear dude was poking fun. If he was particularly astute and hit a nerve, well, it's the internet...I would suggest chalking it up to it being the internet and not taking it so seriously. Respond if you feel to and KIM.
    Having met him and considering him a friend, I actually don't find the online that disconnected from the real.
    And there are some straight dicks/goofball posters on this Board that I don't care to find out if they are "nice" in real life. Can't say I would have bothered if Faux was the dick he's being made out to be.
    But that's just me. We all have different thresholds and senses of humour.

• HarveyCanalHarveyCanal "a distraction from my main thesis." 13,234 Posts
    A dick is a dick.

• dammsdamms 704 Posts
    How can you hate on that Faux dude and endorse Batmon as a mod when they are basically cut from the same cloth (it's not a diss)

• HarveyCanalHarveyCanal "a distraction from my main thesis." 13,234 Posts
    Batmon is not a dick.