Does Soul Strut Have Moderators Anymore?

Comments

• i can only moderate myself, and I've been strongly considering banning me. (not vietnamese sandwich-r)

• HarveyCanalHarveyCanal "a distraction from my main thesis." 13,234 Posts
    Rockadelic said:
    HarveyCanal said:
    Waxidermy sucks. And if you aren't into braeks (excusable) to the point of dissing the mere idea of them (inexcusable), you suck too.

I'm into records....hunting for them....buying them....listening to them....selling them.....and I'll go anyplace like-minded people want to discuss them.....if they talk about current events, sports, etc. even better........every place you go is going to have solid folks and assholes....IRL and online.

And as much as people want to fall back on their own record preferences (their god-given right), there should always be an affinity for hip-hop culture for having done more WITH records than any other genre EVER. The idea that record nerds are pissed that something endlessly cool such as rap music put record nerdity to its best use to date (via sampling) reeks of actual nerdity (not just record nerdity) to me...and nerds aren't nerds because they are smart, they're nerds because they are dipshits who never learned to deal with other people properly...so I say eff em.

• bassiebassie 11,710 Posts
    Let's just ban all Toronto people. I think this is the best thing.

Me
    vintageinfants
    DOR
    Beat Chemist
    Stone Hands (I think?)
    Anto99

Who else???

Between unleashing Aubs onto the the world and breaking SStrut, we need to be stopped.

• skelskel You can't cheat karma 5,033 Posts
    Martha and the Muffins though....

Toronto VINDICATED

• RockadelicRockadelic Out Digging 13,993 Posts
    HarveyCanal said:
    Rockadelic said:
    HarveyCanal said:
    Waxidermy sucks. And if you aren't into braeks (excusable) to the point of dissing the mere idea of them (inexcusable), you suck too.

I'm into records....hunting for them....buying them....listening to them....selling them.....and I'll go anyplace like-minded people want to discuss them.....if they talk about current events, sports, etc. even better........every place you go is going to have solid folks and assholes....IRL and online.

And as much as people want to fall back on their own record preferences (their god-given right), there should always be an affinity for hip-hop culture for having done more WITH records than any other genre EVER. The idea that record nerds are pissed that something endlessly cool such as rap music put record nerdity to its best use to date (via sampling) reeks of actual nerdity (not just record nerdity) to me...and nerds aren't nerds because they are smart, they're nerds because they are dipshits who never learned to deal with other people properly...so I say eff em.

I know virtually nothing about breakz, beats and hip-hop but I always enjoyed this place and it helped kill many a slow work day.

My biggest gripe is that there are people here, long time members, who only seem to post when they're bitching about other posters.

• DORDOR Two Ron Toe 9,899 Posts
    D'oh.

dbl post

Rockadelic said:

I know virtually nothing about breakz, beats and hip-hop but I always enjoyed this place and it helped kill many a slow work day.

Yeah, you do a decent job playing the fence, in effect getting along within many, even-seemingly divergent circles of record collecting.

But for me, if a group's point of departure is an irrational hate of braeks, then I ain't trying to see them.

Braeks are to be celebrated...forever, end of story.

I'd be just as pissed to be wearing that thing on my head...and to be associated with the heffer next to me wearing the same atrocity on her bean. Pfft.

Soul Zilla said:
    Please I'd rather be friends than enemies. But first impressions mean a lot to me brother. If you want to stay friendly either dispute and refute or accept me.

• RockadelicRockadelic Out Digging 13,993 Posts
    HarveyCanal said:
    Rockadelic said:

Yeah, you do a decent job playing the fence, in effect getting along within many, even-seemingly divergent circles of record collecting.

But for me, if a group's point of departure is an irrational hate of braeks, then I ain't trying to see them.

Braeks are to be celebrated...forever, end of story.

Why anyone would hate on that stuff is beyond me......if not for folks looking for breakz/beats, most of the record stores I go to would have closed down years ago....and I think now that it's not as popular as it was 5 years ago, stores ARE closing as a result......and that sucks.

• bassie said:

Me
    vintageinfants
    DOR
    Beat Chemist
    Stone Hands (I think?)
    Anto99

Who else???

Between unleashing Aubs onto the the world and breaking SStrut, we need to be stopped.

vintageinfants said:
    bassie said:

Me
    vintageinfants
    DOR
    Beat Chemist
    Stone Hands (I think?)
    Anto99

Who else???

I honestly can't hate Colin saying yes in that video.

• Anto99Anto99 244 Posts
    Maybe some "classic" TO hip hop will make amends? Like HDV (The pimp of the microphone) for instance..

• Options
    Breaks are overrated.

BearClaw said:
    Breaks are overrated.

BAN.

Anto99 said:
    Maybe some "classic" TO hip hop will make amends? Like HDV (The pimp of the microphone) for instance..

We're gone for sure now.

• parallaxparallax no-style-having mf'er 1,266 Posts
    A post is hidden because Anto99 is being ignored.

A post is hidden because BearClaw is being ignored.

parallax said:
    A post is hidden because ____ is being ignored.

Just a drag when there's 25 of them in one thread....or in most threads.

• Anto99Anto99 244 Posts
    Cool.

bassie said:
    parallax said:
    A post is hidden because Anto99 is being ignored.

A post is hidden because BearClaw is being ignored.

Just a drag when there's 25 of them in one thread....or in most threads.

Agreed, Bassie. I'm just frustrated because I love this site. So many great posters on here who are up on so many different things, so many smart and talented people. So many great personalities, so many laughs. I've bought records from numerous people on here and have been put onto some incredible music in genres I wouldn't normally venture into.

There are people here with great taste in gear, food, art, etc.

I love and respect this place, as do many others, and there are plenty of OGs who love and respect it way more than me. So I guess it's tough to watch these new fools (or aliases) walk into our bar to smash bottles and piss on the floor. And if nothing is done, this place will eventually close.

Kindly,
    parallax

• Anto99Anto99 244 Posts
    I guess it'll just take time for you to realize that I will not cause any problems anymore. And I'm fine with that. Take it easy.

• dammsdamms 704 Posts
    trolls are underrated if anything
    real talk

a message board without trolls is like a cat without its watermelon

It doesn't make any sense I know!
    But ALL I'm sayin' is....

live and let live

braeks and let braeks.

• This whole situation is soft ass. This isn't public property and there is no lofty internet free speech etc who gives a shit. It costs real money plus time and maintenance to keep this site up. These jackasses who ruin it for everyone else don't pay to post here so ban them and dont think twice. Alot of us have something tangible to offer this site and cant or wont be bothered if it gets more muddied than it already is - the reason we have shit to offer is we do stuff in the real world which causes us to at times leave, only to return to find shit on the floor. Somebody needs to be in charge of keeping these halls clean. And yes, while we're at it we need mods who actually post here.

Out with:
    Anna, Gary, DCastillo

New Moderators:
    Raj, NzShadow, Batmon, CrabmongerFunk, DOR

Ban:
    The three most obvious plus our ever returning leftypundit

4YearGraduate said:

New Moderators:

Seconded.

• DJ_EnkiDJ_Enki 6,471 Posts
    4YearGraduate said:
    This whole situation is soft ass. This isn't public property and there is no lofty internet free speech etc who gives a shit. It costs real money plus time and maintenance to keep this site up. These jackasses who ruin it for everyone else don't pay to post here so ban them and dont think twice. Alot of us have something tangible to offer this site and cant or wont be bothered if it gets more muddied than it already is - the reason we have shit to offer is we do stuff in the real world which causes us to at times leave, only to return to find stinkie on the floor. Somebody needs to be in charge of keeping these halls clean. And yes, while we're at it we need mods who actually post here.

Out with:
    Anna, Gary, DCastillo

New Moderators:

Ban:
    The three most obvious plus our ever returning leftypundit

As I side note, I do enjoy the use of "you can hate me now!" as a pre-emptive defense against charges that you, in fact, suck. If you're telling me to hate you and I've never even heard of you, then I'm just going to assume that your music is terrible.

Also, yeah, moderation is a good thing.

4YearGraduate said:
    This whole situation is soft ass. This isn't public property and there is no lofty internet free speech etc who gives a shit. It costs real money plus time and maintenance to keep this site up. These jackasses who ruin it for everyone else don't pay to post here so ban them and dont think twice. Alot of us have something tangible to offer this site and cant or wont be bothered if it gets more muddied than it already is - the reason we have shit to offer is we do stuff in the real world which causes us to at times leave, only to return to find stinkie on the floor. Somebody needs to be in charge of keeping these halls clean. And yes, while we're at it we need mods who actually post here.

Out with:
    Anna, Gary, DCastillo

New Moderators:

Yes please x 1,000,000

• WHAT YOU AINT DOWN WITH WHITEGUURL?

• pcmrpcmr 5,591 Posts
    absolutely
    they've got the judgment, experience, respect of their peers and of varied levels of tolerance and interests so they will balance well
    things were going great than some people came in and stinked up the place (pun intended)
    I think we've proven the strut could be great again with our posts now let's kick these folls out with our Ban-hammer and keep it that way
    it's time to clean shop and set up stronger bouncers at the door

let's go...
    i mean their will be a new DjDay record soon so hopefully we will be sucka free by then