NBA '11-12 666

Comments

• batmonbatmon 27,574 Posts
    Bynum can run somewhat, unlike a Hibbert, so I'd imagine them still being able to play in the open court and still have a big man to dump it into when it slows down.

Bynum isnt that good like Shaq where you dump it into him for most of the game and he goes for 40.

Dorrell Wright is my dude.

Bynum can run somewhat, unlike a Hibbert, so I'd imagine them still being able to play in the open court and still have a big man to dump it into when it slows down.

Bynum isnt that good like Shaq where you dump it into him for most of the game and he goes for 40.

Dorrell Wright is my dude.

• hmmm, i dont know enough about Wright besides him being a good shooter. solid?

i cant see the sixers turning completely into a center centric half court offense. bynum allows thad young to play his slashy game and not have to bulk up. turner is great at getting to the cup too and double teams on bynum might facilitate that, especially if the new shooters force the d to spread out. hawes is a good high post passer...so thats another interesting piece, altho he may have some issues guarding powerforwards.
    its a young ass team, with 8 new players. collins is gonna have his work cut out for him to get the right sets in place. especially since there is still a lot of questions. im not even sure what the point situation is. bynum in the middle is pretty much the one sure thing. itll be interesting

• edpowersedpowers 4,437 Posts
    Bynum, the good: great rebounder, good defender/shot blocker, strong body, good free throw shooter, 2 time champion, true big man.

Bynum, the bad: terrible foot work, very limited in the post, moody and very temperamental, horrible passer from the double team, slow in transition

It really depends on how he responds to Doug Collins whether or not he will be a dominant big man. He seems motivated and this is what he wanted but im not convinced he's a #1 option on offense or a team leader

edpowers said:
    Bynum, the good: great rebounder, good defender/shot blocker, strong body, good free throw shooter, 2 time champion, true big man.

Bynum, the bad: terrible foot work, very limited in the post, moody and very temperamental, horrible passer from the double team, slow in transition

It really depends on how he responds to Doug Collins whether or not he will be a dominant big man. He seems motivated and this is what he wanted but im not convinced he's a #1 option on offense or a team leader

I dont think he's the first option either, but they should have plenty set plays where he can dominate a smaller team or go head to head against another dominant big. He shouldnt be running up and down the floor just to watch dudes chuck it from the perimeter.

Evan Turner is rounding out to be a poor man's Brandon Roy.

• evans got upside. he was in dc's doghouse often and never quote worked out where he fit in the teams sets. when they let the offense run through him, good things tended to happen. im hoping he gets a settled role that plays to his abilities this year. dude cant shoot tho

ed: im no bynum expert, but i thought he was supposed to have a developed low post game/moves, which usually signifies good foot work.

sixers picked up a bunch of tall scorers to put on the court. jrue, ET and thad are slashing dudes who get to the hoop. i cant see there being a heavy burden on bynum to carry a shaq/dHoward type load on offense. he has scoring support. ideally, if they double him, teams will get rained on from beyond the arc

Bynum was great at getting to his spot and finishing this past season. He finally learned to use his size...but his post moves were very limited for a 7 year vet ...a lot of travelling calls ...if he ever learns to spin baseline he will be unstoppable. He will benefit from playing with a real point guard in Philly.

• yuichiyuichi Urban sprawl 11,331 Posts
    keithvanhorn said:
    I completely tore my ACL in May (same injury as D. Rose) playing in a full court game while wearing the new Kobe's with that special insole and 2 pairs of (nike) socks. A little more than a year before that, I fully ruptured my Achilles while playing basketball wearing the newest pair of Lebron's.

I'm not buying the argument about D. Rose getting injured because he was in Adidas, although as I have gotten older, I have been wearing bball shoes with the newest tech just in the event that it helps me in the slightest, which it obviously has not.

If you're talking about the Kobe VIIs, then you were out of luck my friend. Those had a bad reputation from the get go.

You get what matches your style of play.....In the case of D Rose, as I have emphasized before, he doesn't need a lightweight shoe....he needs cushioning and support more than anything. He didn't get that, so there's a higher likelihood he gets injured.

• yuichi said:
    keithvanhorn said:
    I completely tore my ACL in May (same injury as D. Rose) playing in a full court game while wearing the new Kobe's with that special insole and 2 pairs of (nike) socks. A little more than a year before that, I fully ruptured my Achilles while playing basketball wearing the newest pair of Lebron's.

I'm not buying the argument about D. Rose getting injured because he was in Adidas, although as I have gotten older, I have been wearing bball shoes with the newest tech just in the event that it helps me in the slightest, which it obviously has not.

If you're talking about the Kobe VIIs, then you were out of luck my friend. Those had a bad reputation from the get go.

You get what matches your style of play.....In the case of D Rose, as I have emphasized before, he doesn't need a lightweight shoe....he needs cushioning and support more than anything. He didn't get that, so there's a higher likelihood he gets injured.

i don't think you understand what happens when you tear your acl. it feels like your foot is stuck in the ground and your knee gives out. the last thing you are thinking about is that your sneakers had something to do with it. also, these multi-million dollar athletes would not be playing in sneakers that jeopardized their careers. you really need to give up this argument.

keithvanhorn said:
    yuichi said:
    keithvanhorn said:

i don't think you understand what happens when you tear your acl. it feels like your foot is stuck in the ground and your knee gives out. the last thing you are thinking about is that your sneakers had something to do with it. also, these multi-million dollar athletes would not be playing in sneakers that jeopardized their careers. you really need to give up this argument.

I wouldn't understand about an ACL tear you're right.

But I will forever cringe every time I see a star player go down because of a seemingly inferior shoe.....SEEMINGLY is the word. I guess I will not know unless I play 82 games and jump around like D Rose.

I'm deading this discussion. I think we talked way too much about sneakers anyway.

• pcmrpcmr 5,591 Posts
    Lebron is better than jordan because of an evolution in sneaker technology
    Yuichi 2012

Lol

• HarveyCanalHarveyCanal "a distraction from my main thesis." 13,234 Posts
    Any time I've sprained my ankle playing basketball, and I've done so too many times to count, my shoes had absolutely nothing to do with it. There's not a shoe out there than can prevent an ankle from rolling, period.

Maybe extra cushioning can moreso help prevent a knee injury, but again...if there is any twisting involved, and it's not just an injury caused by the sheer impact of your foot hitting the ground, your shoe ain't gonna be much help.

Adidas is a terrible shoe to play basketball in. Period....did Adidas cause those 7 season ending injuries ? Who knows....but i would love to see major injury(season ending)statistics compared to nike (not jordan brand)

Adidas is a terrible shoe to play basketball in. Period....did Adidas cause those 7 season ending injuries ? Who knows....but i would love to see major injury(season ending)statistics compared to nike (not jordan brand)

Shaun Livingston - Broken Knee by Stylz

Nike... :killin_it:

Shaun Livingston blew his knee out like in 1986....

edpowers said:
    Shaun Livingston blew his knee out like in 1986....

Blake missed his entire rookie season with knee issues...jus sayin

edpowers said:
    Blake missed his entire rookie season with knee issues...jus sayin

With Nike ON! :cheese:

• motown67motown67 4,513 Posts
    Since the majority of NBA players wear Nikes I bet that the majority of players with injuries wear Nikes. Not because the shoes have anything to do with the knee injuries which are the most common in basketball, but because Nike's are so wildly worn.

Batmon, step your IQ up. Didn't I just say that he has jumper's knee? And it wouldn't matter what shoe he has on??? DON'T MAKE ME RAISE MY VOICE.

And when's the last time anyone bought doubles of an Adidas model because they were the best basketball shoe they ever balled in?

b/w

I'd ball every single one of you dudes up with my bare feet and I'd give you a 3 point handicap up to 11. Straight up.

yuichi said:
    Batmon, step your IQ up. Didn't I just say that he has jumper's knee? And it wouldn't matter what shoe he has on??? DON'T MAKE ME RAISE MY VOICE.

And when's the last time anyone bought doubles of an Adidas model because they were the best basketball shoe they ever balled in?

b/w

I'd ball every single one of you dudes up with my bare feet and I'd give you a 3 point handicap up to 11. Straight up.

Ill post your little ass up with a Newport in my mouf and a 40 of King Cobra. Full court One on One!

Hahaaahahaa

• Big_StacksBig_Stacks "I don't worry about hittin' power, cause I don't give 'em nuttin' to hit." 4,670 Posts
    yuichi said:

Hey Yuichi,

Don't write let your aliigator mouth write a check your hummingbird ass can't cash! I'll back your ass down in the paint and abuse you with my old-man post moves. ;-) There's no remedy for my ability to spin either direction in the box and finish with the right or left hand. Plus, on a physical note, my work in the weight room could make things get real ugly for you, youngin'. Don't let the gray hairs in the goatee fool you!!!

Peace,

Big Stacks from Kakalak

• pcmrpcmr 5,591 Posts
    KVH injured via shoe will son you-sh
    i'll take you down with my dress shoes and my tie loosened
    let's wager some breaks son

• mattBmattB (FTB) Anywhere 673 Posts
    A Soulstrut 5 on 5 would be interesting.

GTFOH

mattB said:
    A Soulstrut 5 on 5 would be interesting.

Wish we could make this happen. Haven't balled in two years though.

batmon said:
    yuichi said:

b/w

Ill post your little ass up with a Newport in my mouf and a 40 of King Cobra. Full court One on One!

Come on dude, you'd show up to the court wearing a pink polo and a handbag to match.