breaking bad season 5 ...lets smoke some glass

Comments

• jjfad027jjfad027 1,594 Posts
    DustedDon said:
    pcmr said:
    the overated comment is unfounded and hyperbolic

oh?

outside of Bryan Cranston, who completely carries the show, I think the rest of the cast is pretty weak. not to mention the show has horrible pacing problems. i don't think its a bad show, just extremely overrated.

Elbow logic

• staxwaxstaxwax 1,474 Posts

Gnarly

• granjerogranjero 147 Posts
    Mike's breathing is off the hook. Not since Phil Mitchell (Eastenders) have I heard such laboured (and expressive) aspiration.
    Jess, so wide-eyed and innocent (wtf?). Walt has broken bad now.
    I actually thought Hank was Cool in that interrogation.
    Plus, he knows nothing of jet airplanes.
    Enjoyed, 7/10.
    How many we got now this year, 6? Might have to let one week slide so I can watch 2 back-to-back.

• djwaxondjwaxon 411 Posts
    Hank vs Mike = Heat.

• DocMcCoyDocMcCoy "Go and laugh in your own country!" 5,913 Posts

• SunfadeSunfade 799 Posts
    Loved the whole taste testing scene.

• cookbookcookbook 783 Posts
    Sunfade said:
    Loved the whole taste testing scene.

great cold opens this season. feeling the expansion of the plot. mike is going to die first (hungry hungry hippos forecasting related)

• pcmrpcmr 5,591 Posts

• ostost Montreal 1,375 Posts
    Yeah Bitch!

• Mike_BellMike_Bell 5,736 Posts
    DJ_Enki said:
    meistromoco said:

btw, pardon the latte pass, but I just learned that the actor that Giancarlo Esposito, who played this guy:

Also played this guy:

Mind. blown.

That really is fuckin' phenomenal. It's hard to imagine a wider range between two characters, both of whom are played expertly.
    He was also in Fresh. Giancarlo Esposito is a BOSS

• DocMcCoyDocMcCoy "Go and laugh in your own country!" 5,913 Posts
    Walt's just about completely evil now.

• GuzzoGuzzo 8,611 Posts
    DocMcCoy said:

???Everyone dies in this movie.???

• jdeezjdeez 638 Posts
    Guzzo said:
    DocMcCoy said:

???Everyone dies in this movie.???

yeah - like every scene seemed to have strong foreshadowing.

• TheForceTheForce 21 Posts
    Loving this season! The two times they were watching TV caught my attention. During their first cook they were watching the 3 Stooges. Is this the Mike, Walt and Jesse of the past or the future? Also when they were watching the ending of Scarface as mentioned above where everybody dies in the end. Is this their fate or do they learn from this?

Convention dictates that characters watching the tv must be watching programmes which have an ironic connection to whatever 's going on. I don't mind this at all. Walt and Walt Jr and the baby watching Scarface at high volume was amazing. Skyler's gonna Go Fucking Mental at some point soon, by which I mean she's going to explode at Walt.
    LOVE that track in the cook sequence!
    Can someone tell me WTF Walt's parting words to Jesse was all about? Threatening no doubt but I couldn't work out to whom the threat was directed. Jesse I guess. Poor Jesse.
    Ghastly.

The cook sequence was a great bit of TV.

• granjero said:

was a bee 'on a clear day' on schema. remarkably similar to the peddlers version. if anyone wanted to know, maybe you all know it anyway.

• cookbookcookbook 783 Posts
    soulcitizen said:
    granjero said:

was a bee 'on a clear day' on schema. remarkably similar to the peddlers version. if anyone wanted to know, maybe you all know it anyway.

thanks!

another great episode as expected. the new plan is super creative. walt is officially an evil dude, but what i found odd was how he appeared to feel most powerful sitting next to brock...

i too didn't fully grasp what he was trying to say to jesse as they were leaving that garage.

only 5 more :/

Sneaky Pete on the piano :shreddin_it:

Mike is so going to get killed, twice over.

• hogginthefogghogginthefogg 6,098 Posts
    granjero said:
    Can someone tell me WTF Walt's parting words to Jesse was all about? Threatening no doubt but I couldn't work out to whom the threat was directed. Jesse I guess. Poor Jesse.
    Ghastly.

Seeing as that came on the heels of Mike taking what Walt saw as an unfair cut of the revenue, I'd guess that he was threatening Mike. He was referencing Gus's murder of Victor and surmising that Victor died because he "flew too close to the sun" (read: cooked the dope himself).

Hmm...now that I think about it, I suppose you could read that as Walt subtly suggesting that Jesse not try to cook without him, although I don't think Walt wants to kill Jesse. As evil as he's become, I still think there are some paternal feelings for the kid. And besides, Jesse is no threat to him, especially now that he's been Jedi mind-tricked into breaking it off with his girlfriend.

• the scarface sequence was just a little bit too on the nose for my liking...

fwiw, i also didn't really get walt's comments to jessie at the end. i also sort of took it be a veiled threat or warning but then again it sort of didn't make sense.

• DJ_EnkiDJ_Enki 6,471 Posts
    crabmongerfunk said:
    the scarface sequence was just a little bit too on the nose for my liking...

Yeah, ditto. It was a rare clunker of a scene. Which made me wonder if they made it that way on purpose to set up a swerve.

I took Walt's speech to basically be saying, "Everybody needs to know their role and don't stray outside of it." Implicit in that, of course, is that in Walt's mind, he's the king, and Mike is getting a little too rise-above-his-stationish for his own good

• jdeezjdeez 638 Posts
    crabmongerfunk said:

same here - but they had to fit in the "mob movie week" promo in there somewhere.

• pcmrpcmr 5,591 Posts
    DJ_Enki said:
    crabmongerfunk said:

Yeah, ditto. It was a rare clunker of a scene. Which made me wonder if they made it that way on purpose to set up a swerve.

I took Walt's speech to basically be saying, "Everybody needs to know their role and don't stray outside of it." Implicit in that, of course, is that in Walt's mind, he's the king, and Mike is getting a little too rise-above-his-stationish for his own good

think about how apprehensive he was before getting in touch with the big leagues and how he felt lucky to get paid and now he thinks he is the chessmaster and that the ''gold'' in the streets is his birthright
    when you start winning from your devious actions your confidence grows and you feel unstoppable like tony montana
    but just because you killed jesse james...

• jdeez said:
    crabmongerfunk said:

same here - but they had to fit in the "mob movie week" promo in there somewhere.

Ha ha. I was wondering what it cost them to show the clip and then when the commercial ran again it really seemed like they had worked it in to promote the movies. Or maybe they paid a lot for the clip and just said fuck it, let's squeeze this for what it's worth and paid a bit extra to get the rights to show the whole movie. Built Mob Movie week around that clip.

• edith headedith head 5,106 Posts
    this woman's bad overacting is a huge distraction for me

other than that, walt has become a truly despicable character. i hope hank takes him down.

• i despise every episode directed by Rian Johnson. which is weird, because i kind of like his movies (brick, brothers bloom.... wait.... Breaking Bad? alliteration.... clever move Rian).

back on point, his style of directing this show in the two episodes he's done is exaggerated, overly stylized, distracting and masturbatory.

• dollar_bindollar_bin I heartily endorse this product and/or event 2,326 Posts
    edith head said:
    this woman's bad overacting is a huge distraction for me

Apparently that actress was originally cast as the wife on Homeland, but they kicked her to the curb in favor of Morena Baccarin.

other than that, walt has become a truly despicable character. i hope hank takes him down.

Walt sucks, and it's kind of awesome. I'm curious to see how they'll make him sympathetic again before the end of the show.

This episode shows that he still deeply cares for his kids, so there's a small part of him which isn't totally Heisenberg IMO

• I'm in the empire business!

The beginning shot seemed so random and I forgot about it, but then it came back on some major Oops. Train sequence was pretty cool. This show is great, but these are some bumbling fools pulling of heists of the century style shit. At the beginning of the show, Jessie was basically Jamie Kennedy from Malibu's Most Wanted. I love this show, but these dudes need to slip up a little. Something.