breaking bad season 5 ...lets smoke some glass

Comments

• granjerogranjero 147 Posts
    So bad - and I mean good in terms of a TV programme, bad in terms of evil.
    Can you really dissolve a motorbike? I'm still thinking about the consistency of the resulting liquid in those 2 barrels.
    Bug-eyed Jesse trying to be polite was cringe-inducing.
    This week's favourite worst character is 'Gomey'.
    Todd gonna fuck things UP.
    Bad.

• djwaxondjwaxon 411 Posts
    Good to learn about Greymatter, can't wait to find out what actually caused Walt to leave.

Jesse at dinner was well funny.

Wonder who the other Meth kingpin is.

Hope we find out more about Fring's past soon.

• pcmrpcmr 5,591 Posts
    i think the 2 other partners were the couple who tried to pay for his cancer treatment in the first season
    and thus Walt used to be involved with the woman who then probably fell for his friend/partner and walt felt an urge to leave

• djwaxondjwaxon 411 Posts
    It is those 2. That sounds a bit too simple/obvious reason to me...

• at their lunch encounter (where walt seethed "fuck you" to her) walt did insinuate resentment at her growing up in a family with a lot of money. might have been some pride issues with that or with possible elliot love triangulation. too bad there was no heisenberg back them to set shit straight and win the billion

i think Tod might be filling in for Mike pretty soon. Walt is gonna manipulate jesse to stay on board as long as possible, but he'll still need some kind of muscle, preferably dumb and obedient.

im wondering how quick walt turns the phoenix cartel against him. he seems pretty good at creating friction and now that he obviously has a deathwish, should happen quickly

• edith headedith head 5,106 Posts
    edith head said:

other than that, walt has become a truly despicable character. i hope hank takes him down.

After this last episode that seemed to have a heavy focus on an observant Jesse finally picking up on the signs that Walt has become completely amoral, I am now convinced that the series will end with Jesse killing Walt. It's clear to me that Jesse is going to be the one who has to stop him.

• AKallDayAKallDay 830 Posts
    this storyline is a tough one to predict. for a while it was a classic campbellian monomyth template but instead of letting the hero rise in stature vince gilligan would repeatedly use the same measures in his writing nearly every episode to put obstacles in the way. that would always prevent walt from reaching a full apotheosis as a hero. and much like the cancer itself, his path keeps getting blocked. i think they are setting up the cancer to return at the end of the season. they have to kill him from within himself. they seem to be setting it up to show that the biggest obstacle for walt is walt himself.

side note: i loved how Skinny Pete reveals himself to be a talented classical pianist this season!!!

• cookbookcookbook 783 Posts
    did anyone else pick up on the thread of artificial products? the caviar tv spot, jesses discussion of the microwave meals, i think there was one other

i have a feeling fake blue stuff is on the horizon...

• ostost Montreal 1,375 Posts
    This keeps getting better & better.

• Controller_7 said:
    My take on Todd and the tirantula was twofold:

He's pissed at them and will use the spider on some whimpering "fuck you guys" steez.

I also got the feeling that he's just a dumb kid and was looking at it like "oooooh, cool! A spider!"

I read it more as Todd feeling the weight of killing the kid and then absorbing the responsibility of looking after the tarantula.

As soon as he chimed in about the nanny camera, I knew that kid was gonna end up a liability / loose cannon somehow.

Dinner scene with Jesse was incredible.

The actress who plays Lydia is so awful. My wife noticed her on some BBC series recently and we figured that since she's British, maybe she just has a hard time acting all wound-up while maintaining a convincing American accent.

• AKallDayAKallDay 830 Posts
    TheeeCasualMale said:
    Controller_7 said:
    My take on Todd and the tirantula was twofold:

He's pissed at them and will use the spider on some whimpering "fuck you guys" steez.

I also got the feeling that he's just a dumb kid and was looking at it like "oooooh, cool! A spider!"

I read it more as Todd feeling the weight of killing the kid and then absorbing the responsibility of looking after the tarantula.

As soon as he chimed in about the nanny camera, I knew that kid was gonna end up a liability / loose cannon somehow.

Dinner scene with Jesse was incredible.

The actress who plays Lydia is so awful. My wife noticed her on some BBC series recently and we figured that since she's British, maybe she just has a hard time acting all wound-up while maintaining a convincing American accent.

really? i think that scene was painted clear as day to show he's a sicko- he gets in the car after having been roughed up by mike and getting away with murder and then he pulls out the tarantula and ogles it with a sinister smile as he rotates the jar. it's a trophy from the boy he killed, we are supposed to see him as a psycho loose cannon sociopath. IMO

• AKallDay said:
    for a while it was a classic campbellian monomyth template
    EXACTLY what i was thinking!

AKallDay said:

side note: i loved how Skinny Pete reveals himself to be a talented classical pianist this season!!!
    never underestimate skinny pete

• for the record:

i lost my shit when i saw this

• DocMcCoyDocMcCoy "Go and laugh in your own country!" 5,913 Posts
    granjero said:
    Can you really dissolve a motorbike?

Remember what happened in season 1 episode 3 when Jesse decided to cut corners and dispose of Krazy-8's remains in the metal tub instead of the plastic one that Walt specifically instructed him to use for the job?

I'm still thinking about the consistency of the resulting liquid in those 2 barrels.

When they rolled out the second one, it was pretty heartbreaking.

• DocMcCoyDocMcCoy "Go and laugh in your own country!" 5,913 Posts
    Nooooo....

• SunfadeSunfade 799 Posts
    Walts gone completely insane.

• discos_almadiscos_alma discos_alma 2,164 Posts
    edith head said:
    i lost my shit when i saw this

AAAAAAAAAAAAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

• JATXJATX 258 Posts
    this storyline is a tough one to predict. for a while it was a classic campbellian monomyth template but instead of letting the hero rise in stature vince gilligan would repeatedly use the same measures in his writing nearly every episode to put obstacles in the way. that would always prevent walt from reaching a full apotheosis as a hero. and much like the cancer itself, his path keeps getting blocked

I see your point ,but I think every show, movie, novel uses this as a template for story telling. There is always something keeping the main character from achieving his/her desired goal.

• Seq_OneSeq_One 11 Posts

• DocMcCoy said:
    Nooooo....

For me, Mike's exit was on par with Snoop's. Great characters you hate to see go and they exit with a winning one liner.

Snoop - how my hair look?
    Mike - shut the fuck up and let me die in peace.

Kind of like one last jab at Walter, the idiot.

Controller_7 said:
    DocMcCoy said:
    Nooooo....

For me, Mike's exit was on par with Snoop's. Great characters you hate to see go and they exit with a winning one liner.

Snoop? Who are you talkin' bout?

• ostost Montreal 1,375 Posts
    Sunfade said:

BAN

She was a character on The Wire.

• cookbookcookbook 783 Posts
    Controller_7 said:
    DocMcCoy said:
    Nooooo....

agreed, i love the anticlimactic/unheroic ending for mike

i really liked that the bug removal scene wasn't even about issues of getting the bug out of there.

this may have been mentioned before, but maybe jesse and skylar "team up" soon? we keep seeing them together and making eye contact.

todd in the lab was fun.

walt has gone from having cancer to being a cancer

ost said:
    Sunfade said:

BAN

She was a character on The Wire.

I'm already banned.

I sleep on The Wire.

• granjerogranjero 147 Posts
    DocMcCoy said:
    granjero said:
    Can you really dissolve a motorbike?

Remember what happened in season 1 episode 3 when Jesse decided to cut corners and dispose of Krazy-8's remains in the metal tub instead of the plastic one that Walt specifically instructed him to use for the job?

OK yeah, I remember, it's serious stuff that acid.
    "So now you see that CHEMISTRY, can solve any problem!" < Mr. White to his bored kids in class

So Todd (lethal douchbag) is gonna turn on Walt; and Skyler and Jesse are gonna link up.
    RIP Mike, what a 'cool death'. And how bizzarely shit for Walt to apologise to him like that. I mean... maybe the cancer has gone to his brain, it happens. That was just hideous.
    I hope this last episode (fora while) doesn't waste any time wrapping anything up.

Skylar and Jesse are gonna try and kill Walt.

The whole way Walt ran back to his car to get the gun and the way he shot Mike was so odd. I don't know if it's possible to love this show more but if Walts cancer hits his brain and turns him into a killing raving lunatic it may be possible.

Such a suspenseful and sad episode, my stomach was in knots for a few scenes. I love Jesse walking away from Walt as he threatened him with not giving him his share. I also loved that Saul was still wearing the blue ribbon on his lapel to remember victims of that airplane collision in Season 2.

That speech Walt gave to Jesse about striving to be the best made me understand Walt's motives better since the whole series started off with Walt's constant humiliation from his successful colleagues who excelled in their field while Walt was stuck being high school chemistry teacher who never reached his full potential.

• GrandfatherGrandfather 2,303 Posts
    Amazing ending to Mike
    I lost it when Walt realized he didnt have to kill Mike.
    Dam.

• lamaslamas 39 Posts
    edith head said:
    Such a suspenseful and sad episode, my stomach was in knots for a few scenes. I love Jesse walking away from Walt as he threatened him with not giving him his share. I also loved that Saul was still wearing the blue ribbon on his lapel to remember victims of that airplane collision in Season 2.

That speech Walt gave to Jesse about striving to be the best made me understand Walt's motives better since the whole series started off with Walt's constant humiliation from his successful colleagues who excelled in their field while Walt was stuck being high school chemistry teacher who never reached his full potential.

I laughed out loud at the diploma from the University of American Samoa hanging in Saul's office.