NBA '11-12 666

Comments

• mylatencymylatency 10,475 Posts
    Rockadelic said:
    mylatency said:
    Rockadelic said:
    Jeremy Lin has one big marketing angle that didn't mean jackshit in NYC but will make him gazillions in Texas.

how is TX diff from NYC? are you talking about the asian population in TX? or exposure to market a la YAO?

See Above....THIS IS THE BIBLE BELT BABY!!

http://gnli.christianpost.com/video/jeremy-lin-testimony-1046

ah, how did I forget J.Lin starts every game with a prayer? TESTIFY!
    my family friend is trying to get me to go to CCIC, crazed

• yuichiyuichi Urban sprawl 11,331 Posts
    I hope Jeremy Lin does his thing wherever he lands/stays. Big for Asian-American athletes in general.

Good to see most are welcoming of his breakout, probably due his humble attitude and polite mannerisms. Go Asians!

• motown67motown67 4,513 Posts
    Anyone see the USA vs Brazil game today? Was close throughout. Brazil played the U.S. tough in Turkey as well. If Brazil with a combination of big men and strong guard play can push the 2012 team like that, what makes you think that All-Star centers and big men like Ewing, Robinson, Malone, and Barkely combined with Magic, Jordan, Drexler, etc. couldn't beat them?

• batmonbatmon 27,574 Posts
    motown67 said:
    Anyone see the USA vs Brazil game today? Was close throughout. Brazil played the U.S. tough in Turkey as well. If Brazil with a combination of big men and strong guard play can push the 2012 team like that, what makes you think that All-Star centers and big men like Ewing, Robinson, Malone, and Barkely combined with Magic, Jordan, Drexler, etc. couldn't beat them?

They have no low post play.

LA CLIPPERS

Chris Paul/Chauncey Billups/Eric Bledsoe
    Jamal Crawford/Travis Leslie
    Caron Bulter/ GRANT HILL
    Blake Griffin/Lamar Oden
    DeAndre Jordan

Nice mix of vets and youth.

• edpowersedpowers 4,437 Posts
    motown67 said:

The Brazilian national team has 7 current or former NBA players. It was a big deal when The Dream Team played a team with one soon to be NBA player, Toni Kukoc.

• batmon said:
    LA CLIPPERS

Chris Paul/Chauncey Billups/Eric Bledsoe
    Jamal Crawford/Travis Leslie
    Caron Bulter/ GRANT HILL
    Blake Griffin/Lamar Oden
    DeAndre Jordan

Nice mix of vets and youth.

Yeah, I'm pretty happy with this line-up. I just hope Billups doesnt break a knee cap & Lamar spends his time focusing on the game rather than his sloppy wife. I'd like to see Lamar put up 12 + every game.

edpowers said:
    motown67 said:

The Brazilian national team has 7 current or former NBA players. It was a big deal when The Dream Team played a team with one soon to be NBA player, Toni Kukoc.

ONE?

Canada
    Bill Wennington
    Rick Fox

Croatia Silver medal team
    Dino Radja
    Toni Kukoc
    Zan Tabac
    Drazen Petrovic

Lithuania Bronze medal team
    Arvydas Sabonis
    Saurunas Marciuloinus(introduced the Eurostep to the NBA) Sixth Man of the year in 92 and 93 and won the Gold against USA in 88.

Did you watch the the 1992 Olympics?

• RockadelicRockadelic Out Digging 13,993 Posts
    [
    ONE?

Canada
    Bill Wennington
    Rick Fox

Wasn't Leo Rautins on that Canadian team too?

• motown67motown67 4,513 Posts
    edpowers said:
    motown67 said:

So the 2012 team has a close one vs. a team made up of not as talented NBA players, but would beat hall of famers and all stars on the 1992 dream team? Again, I want what you're smoking.

motown67 said:
    edpowers said:
    motown67 said:

So the 2012 team has a close one vs. a team made up of not as talented NBA players, but would beat hall of famers and all stars on the 1992 dream team? Again, I want what you're smoking.

Athletes are so much better today than 20-30 years ago.....there are probably a dozen or so heavyweight boxers that would kill Ali in his prime boxing today.

b/w

Medical grade

[
    ONE?

Canada
    Bill Wennington
    Rick Fox

Rautins completed his national team playing career in 1992 as Canada was eliminated in the Tournament of the Americas, the Basketball qualifying tournament for the Barcelona Olympics.

batmon said:
    edpowers said:
    motown67 said:

ONE?

Canada
    Bill Wennington
    Rick Fox

Dino Radja
    Toni Kukoc
    Zan Tabac
    Drazen Petrovic

Arvydas Sabonis
    Saurunas Marciuloinus(introduced the Eurostep to the NBA) Sixth Man of the year in 92 and 93 and won the Gold against USA in 88.

Jesus dude....it was sarcasm based on the Kukoc hype...i remember 92 well......please dont tell me those teams were better than this Brazilian team

edpowers said:
    batmon said:
    edpowers said:
    motown67 said:

ONE?

Canada
    Bill Wennington
    Rick Fox

Dino Radja
    Toni Kukoc
    Zan Tabac
    Drazen Petrovic

Arvydas Sabonis

Jesus dude....it was sarcasm based on the Kukoc hype...i remember 92 well......please dont tell me those teams were better than this Brazilian team

Croatia could beat the Brazillian team.

• DuderonomyDuderonomy Haut de la Garenne 7,778 Posts
    batmon said:

Saurunas Marciuloinus (introduced the Eurostep to the NBA)

I looked this up expecting it to be falling over or something, and instead it looks like something pretty simple - surely there were Americans doing this move before Marciuloinus? Or did he just popularise it?

[
    ONE?

Canada
    Bill Wennington
    Rick Fox

Rautins completed his national team playing career in 1992 as Canada was eliminated in the Tournament of the Americas, the Basketball qualifying tournament for the Barcelona Olympics.

Yeah...dudes knees were shredded....he could shoot like a mofo though.

motown67 said:
    edpowers said:
    motown67 said:

Listen. I think this team could beat the '92 team. Im not interested in arguing over it for 3 pages. I gave you facts, i gave you sarcasm, but obviously this is just my opinion.. If 2012 loses the Gold, i still stand by statement. The Dream Team was a great team but the game is not the same...

batmon said:
    edpowers said:
    batmon said:
    edpowers said:
    motown67 said:

ONE?

Canada
    Bill Wennington
    Rick Fox

Dino Radja
    Toni Kukoc
    Zan Tabac
    Drazen Petrovic

Arvydas Sabonis

[sarcasm] Croatia had no post game [/sarcasm]

• keithvanhornkeithvanhorn 3,855 Posts
    DrWu said:

You are out of your mind if you think anyone on the current team, including LeBron, is as good a player as Bird in his prime. It's not even close. Bird was a better shooter, passer and leader than all of those guys. And dude did it with the disadvantage of playing below the rim against the Showtime Lakers.

Haven't I met you before?

Duderonomy said:
    batmon said:

Saurunas Marciuloinus (introduced the Eurostep to the NBA)

I looked this up expecting it to be falling over or something, and instead it looks like something pretty simple - surely there were Americans doing this move before Marciuloinus? Or did he just popularise it?

Why would it be called the Eurostep?

Itis possible that someone outside of America to put a twist on the rules and create a new move. Is that impossible?

http://www.nytimes.com/2010/11/18/sports/basketball/18moves.html

batmon said:
    edpowers said:
    batmon said:
    edpowers said:
    motown67 said:

ONE?

Canada
    Bill Wennington
    Rick Fox

Dino Radja
    Toni Kukoc
    Zan Tabac
    Drazen Petrovic

Arvydas Sabonis

Yea, Team USA was definitely watching tape all night on how to stop Team Croatia and their unstoppable offense.

Stop pulling shit out your ass as usual.

International competition has risen significantly. There's no discussion.

I'm glad Lin is in Houston (in the end). No divas and nuckleheads.

Clippers are stacked. They got Grant Hill, Lamar Odom, and Jamal Crawford. Really great pickups. I'd be worried about the long-term health of Blake Griffin though. Jumper's knee for sure....

Miami with that Ray Allen move makes them the title favorite (up to this point).

Not a big fan of Antawn Jamison for the Lakers but I'm optimistic Nash will create opportunities for him.

batmon said:
    edpowers said:
    batmon said:
    edpowers said:
    motown67 said:

ONE?

Canada
    Bill Wennington
    Rick Fox

Dino Radja
    Toni Kukoc
    Zan Tabac
    Drazen Petrovic

Arvydas Sabonis

Yea, Team USA was definitely watching tape all night on how to stop Team Croatia and their unstoppable offense.

Stop pulling shit out your ass as usual.

International competition has risen significantly. There's no discussion.

If Team Usa 2012 even watched a non existing video of this current Brazillian team, they sure didnt look like they paid attention.

I know you didnt even watch the Olympics to even speak when grown folks are speaking.

As always you have to insult when you have no arguement.

I know you didnt even watch the Olympics to even speak when grown folks are speaking.

CROATIA

yuichi said:

CROATIA

Dino Radja had game. Dude was the lone bright spot for the Celtics for a quick minute.

This

• DJ_EnkiDJ_Enki 6,471 Posts
    Thymebomb13 said:

Dino was a chain smoker. I wonder how many of those are in today's NBA.

Ha, I remember when the Lakers played the Bulls in the Finals, somebody reported that Vlade was so serious about winning a ring, he had quit smoking for the playoffs.

• tripledoubletripledouble 7,636 Posts
    does anyone in this thread actually play basketball?

tripledouble said:

I don't.

Had to hang up the Chuck Taylors about 10 years ago when I could no longer run full court and hold my own with the 20 year old dudes.

From the time I was 15 til 35 I played at least 5 days a week....in the late 70's I played at some of the better courts in NYC and Brooklyn.....played against Division I, future NBA and former ABA & NBA players. I had no hops and was slow but could shoot and pass like a mofo.

Earned the nickname The Blonde Bomber down at the Cage on W. 4th St. in the Village.

Glory Days.....just a memory in 2012.

• blakatomblakatom 95 Posts
    tripledouble said:

Still doing it at 40 years young. 2-3 times a week pickup games at the Y. We have guys aged between 25 and 60 running down there. No more playground ball because my back would hate me. How about you?

Watching the Drazen video was just sad. Guy's career was cut way to early.