NBA '11-12 666

Comments

• dukeofdelridgedukeofdelridge urgent.monkey.mice 2,453 Posts
    Tuned in to three or four quarters of this year's playoffs.
    I hope Seattle doesn't spend another 200,000,000 dollars to buy back into this league.

• JimBeam said:
    props to cuban for tearing apart this "wanted it more", "played harder" etc. bullshit apart

(edit: it's not embedding for some reason)

marion et al really locked down james-- pushing him out to the perimeter last year (more amazing thinking about it now given marions age) and yes, the thunder's inability to adjust defensively killed them.

this is great. cuban servin' them simpletons.

• mattBmattB (FTB) Anywhere 673 Posts
    batmon said:
    In the end this was a very good shortened season.
    For me, the conference finals and the finals really saved the season. I remember not enjoying the NBA as much as I had in the past until then. Might have just been me though...

• yuichiyuichi Urban sprawl 11,331 Posts
    Not many are crediting Miami's D, but that was the difference in the series.

mattB said:
    batmon said:
    For me, the conference finals and the finals really saved the season. I remember not enjoying the NBA as much as I had in the past until then. Might have just been me though...

Been a while since I paid attention to EVERY Conference Finals game. Really competitive and unpredictable post-season in general.

• batmonbatmon 27,574 Posts
    mattB said:
    batmon said:

Thunder made a come up.
    Sessions helped the Lakers.
    Indiana got way better.
    Memphis did their thang.
    San Antonio went bazerk for a long minute.
    LeBron had a crazy season
    Clippers got better
    Boston held back father time
    Kyrie Irving is the truth
    Dwight Howard cant lead a group
    Dallas is waiting for the offseason
    PHILADELPHIA HAD A INSPIRING RUN
    LINSANITY/ D'An-phony
    A gang of entertaining shit happened this year. You cats that didnt pay attention, fall back.

Eddie Curry has a ring

Well, you listed some good stuff. But mostly yawn. So Dallas waiting for an off season and Dwight Howard can't lead a group equals good basketball? Here's another big one on the negative: Injuries.

Attention paid.

Linsanity was awesome though. Your pacers and Philly were a good watch too.

mattB said:
    Well, you listed some good stuff. But mostly yawn. So Dallas waiting for an off season and Dwight Howard can't lead a group equals good basketball?

Yes.

Dallas traded away Chandler and has been making cap space to acquire new talent to take Dork into his latter years.
    Do you realize the impact Deron Williams would have on the West race and Dallas' future?
    They wont fade of after winning the chip last year.

After years of being hyped as the new Big Man/Center, Howard aint really the offensive engine folks thought he could be.
    Where he ends up makes a large impact on both coasts.
    He showed is ass during the trade deadline and then faked an injury to hide out for the rest of the season after killing his goods guy happy go lucky image. Orlando might shrivel up or turn a new leaf depending on what happens next.
    I find that drama important to how teams build and look in the future.

• RockadelicRockadelic Out Digging 13,993 Posts
    batmon said:
    Dallas traded away Chandler and has been making cap space to acquire new talent to take Dork into his latter years.
    Do you realize the impact Deron Williams would have on the West race and Dallas' future?

Deron Williams alone won't be enough....they still need to replace Chandler in the middle and that won't be easy.

Camby & KMart are too old

Kwame Brown sucks.

Chris Kaman and Kris Humphries = Meh

Joel Pryzbilla & Jamaal Magloire = No Thank You

Rockadelic said:
    batmon said:

Deron Williams alone won't be enough....they still need to replace Chandler in the middle and that won't be easy.

Kwame Brown sucks.

Maybe they can pry DeAndre Jordan from the Clippers or Javelle McGee from the Wizards???

• motown67motown67 4,513 Posts
    batmon said:
    Rockadelic said:
    batmon said:

Kwame Brown sucks.

Maybe they can pry DeAndre Jordan from the Clippers or Javelle McGee from the Wizards???

I don't think the Clippers want to mess with their front court and McGee got traded to Denver already where he actually played well for a headcase.

motown67 said:
    batmon said:
    Rockadelic said:
    batmon said:

Kwame Brown sucks.

I don't think the Clippers want to mess with their front court and McGee got traded to Denver already where he actually played well for a headcase.

I dont think they have the money to add on anyone after CP3 and Griffin get paid. I think they could get plucked by teams with more money and minutes.

I like this draft. No Overhyped dudes. Just regular cats cryin like bitches with a terriible team baseball hat and questionable tailors.

• RockadelicRockadelic Out Digging 13,993 Posts
    batmon said:
    I like this draft. No Overhyped dudes. Just regular cats cryin like bitches with a terriible team baseball hat and questionable tailors.

Agreed....and deep enough for the Mavs to pull someone at 17

Hoping for Mo Harkless or Perry Jones

Anthony Davis STILL with the unibrow. It'd be pretty impressive if he kept that look for his entire career.

Nash to the Lakers!!!

and is trying to get Grant Hill to join him.

Holy shit.

Nash Kobe Grant or Artest who they might dump, Gasol and Bynum........

Old but seasoned......lets see how young the bench will be.

The Pacers need to withold Hibbert. dude is not a a max player.
    Portland is overpaying. He's still a little goofy, but i still want to retain him.

Fuck Howard.

If Nash goes to Lakers will have a much better offensive flow but still two major problems

1) Still won't be able to stop any opposing point gaurds

2) They're coach still sucks

If Magic was right during the playoffs #2 might be fixed before the start of the new season

• DJ_EnkiDJ_Enki 6,471 Posts
    batmon said:
    Nash to the Lakers!!!

Goddammit. Why, Nash? Now you're a bad guy.

• mylatencymylatency 10,475 Posts
    Nash, why must I cry
    at last Suns got picks and cash out of it

Gonna be another long and interesting season for LA.

What Nash will do:

1) Create better offensive motion
    2) Knock down open threes
    3) Create for others
    4) Do the pick and roll with precision
    5) Good lock room vibe

What Nash will not do:

1) Play defense
    2) Be able to stop Russell Westbrook
    3) Provide solid perimeter defense
    4) Get better as a player (read: past his prime)
    5) matchup well with fast PGs for 48 minutes

In short, the Lakers will fall short again, if they don't get Howard in a surprise mega-deal.

Bottom line, defense wins games (see Miami)

Nash to the Lakers? Fucking PUKE.

• edpowersedpowers 4,437 Posts
    This Olympic team would beat the living shit out of The Dream Team. Who the hell would Bad Back Bird guard? Carmelo? Lol. Westbrook would drop 50 on Magic and Stockton. Old dudes bitter because Kobe called them out

edpowers said:
    This Olympic team would beat the living shit out of The Dream Team. Who the hell would Bad Back Bird guard? Carmelo? Lol. Westbrook would drop 50 on Magic and Stockton. Old dudes bitter because Kobe called them out

I know i know. Jordan turned water into wine.....blah blah blah

edpowers said:
    I know i know. Jordan turned water into wine.....blah blah blah

Well, besides the fact that Jordan is the GOAT, there's also:

*What do they have to go against Ewing/Robinson/Malone/Barkley in the post? Tyson Chandler (who's a better help defender than post defender) and...? Remember how the Grizzlies trashed the Spurs in the playoffs two seasons ago by riding Gasol The Lesser and Z-Bo in the post?
    *Name a guard John Stockton didn't carve up
    *Who is Carmelo gonna guard? Anybody at all?
    *Team ball vs. hero ball

I'd love to watch the games, but OG Dream Team would take 'em.

David Robinson would feast on that weak interior. Chandler could stop Ewing.
    Malone and Barkley > Griiffin, Bosh and Davis.

Jordan Prime > Old Kobe

Only Lebron and Durant are factors.

Westbrook would be forced to think, which he cant do.

Fuck the rest of these kids.

edpowers said:

I want some of what you've been smoking

Magic was never able to defend quick guards...westbrook is faster than any guard Magic had ever played against. Nevermind the fact Magic hadnt played in a year

Bad Back Bird vs Lebron ...yea, ok

29 year old Jordan still had a suspect jumper...He's not gettin past Lebron as easy as he did the Angolans

Durant and Love would shoot over Barkley all day

Chandler would do a decent job vs Robinson...Robinson was a mid-post player

Mullin and Ewing were slow as shit

Stockton vs Westbrook...yea, ok

Malone and Melo is a wash

Pippen would shut Kobe down...not Lebron

The dream team was able to run against the competition in 92....not this sqaud

The Dream team was a great team but they were too slow to beat this olympic team. International rules favor faster, better shooting teams