NFL DISCUSSION - 2011 -

Comments

• Garcia_Vega said:
    brick of Mexican

That is what you get for $450. Straight schwag moves.

• RAJRAJ tenacious local 7,779 Posts
    Chiefs sticking it to the Packers!

Tamba Hali is a beast.

• aww man. I'm getting the local game with the Eagels VS Jets. I'd rather get Pats VS Broncos like everyone else. :( :( :(

FunkyFlatulent said:
    aww man. I'm getting the local game with the Eagels VS Jets. I'd rather get Pats VS Broncos like everyone else. :( :( :(

• Belichick could have challenged that scoring play with Gronkowski, but instead opted to go for the field goal. I think that might bite him in the butt later. Broncos are lucky to have given up only 3 after that turnover.

• FunkyFlatulent said:
    aww man. I'm getting the local game with the Eagels VS Jets. I'd rather get Pats VS Broncos like everyone else. :( :( :(

And that Eagles game is over and it's not even halftime yet.

• yeah I'm watching on Red Zone. That will have to do for now.

Awesome that Red Zone comes in HD. A lot of the sports stuff is stand def only.

• Tom Brady: All he does is win!

• What a dark day for NY football...

Big game tonight for my boys... thanks to a titanic beat down by the Chargers.

• DJ_EnkiDJ_Enki 6,471 Posts
    RAJ said:

I'm not 100 percent on board with Roethlisberger playing (assuming they decide to play him). I understand the upside, but if dude fucks up his ankle some more (entirely possible), then he could very well be gone for the playoffs. I don't think the reward outweighs the risk.

• Hell yeah that dude needs to play!

Fuckin Steelers better win tonight!!!

DJ_Enki said:
    RAJ said:

I'm not 100 percent on board with Roethlisberger playing (assuming they decide to play him). I understand the upside, but if dude fucks up his ankle some more (entirely possible), then he could very well be gone for the playoffs. I don't think the reward outweighs the risk.

I was thinking that the Steelers would rest him the remainder of the season if the Ravens won last night.

The stakes are too high now. The difference between a 1 and 5 seed rests upon his arm.

You will see a lot of bubble screens tonight.

• The_NonThe_Non 5,691 Posts
    Horseleech said:
    What a dark day for NY football...
    Shit is bleak. Gimme at least 1 team in!

• Garcia_Vega said:
    Tom Brady: All he does is win!

That was a weird game. Denver might've wanted to check those TEs.

Oh well, guess the Broncos probably aren't going to the Super Bowl.

It would be funny if the Chiefs won the AFC West.

• HarveyCanalHarveyCanal "a distraction from my main thesis." 13,234 Posts
    The_Non said:
    Horseleech said:

Jets needed to cut their losses on Sanchez last season.

• DJ_EnkiDJ_Enki 6,471 Posts
    RAJ said:
    DJ_Enki said:
    RAJ said:

I was thinking that the Steelers would rest him the remainder of the season if the Ravens won last night.

The stakes are too high now. The difference between a 1 and 5 seed rests upon his arm.

You will see a lot of bubble screens tonight.

There was that one game earlier this season where he was coming off an injury, and he basically became a straight-up pocket passer. Three-step drop, throw, done. I wouldn't be mad at that for tonight.

• GenePontecorvo said:

It would be funny if the Eagles won the Nfc East

• The_NonThe_Non 5,691 Posts
    HarveyCanal said:
    The_Non said:
    Horseleech said:

Jets needed to cut their losses on Sanchez last season.
    I wanted them to get Vince Young. That's how much I believe in Sanchez.

• thursdayalley said:
    GenePontecorvo said:

It would be funny if the Eagles won the Nfc East

Week 17 is going to be major. Cowboys/Giants and Redskins/Eagles. It's not impossible to see a three-way tie with the Eagles winning out, but I still believe that the Giants can pull two more victories and win the division. Whatever happens, this has been one of the more intriguing seasons I have witnessed in a while.

• DB_CooperDB_Cooper Manhatin' 7,823 Posts
    Quite a mixed weekend for me. Loved to see my Pats take down Tebow. Then Eli "I see myself in the same class as Tom Brady" Manning throws 3 INTs and 0 TDs to knock my Soulstrut fantasy team out of the playoffs. I should have known better than to hitch my wagon to that dog.

MANNING!!!!1!!!1!1!!

Deplorable game for my Steelers last night. Big Ben needed a walker out there.... would have rather see them put in Dennis Dixon or some shit.

Oh and San Francisco, your stadium is an embarrassment.

5 Lombardis and that is what your team plays in?

LOL.

• HarveyCanalHarveyCanal "a distraction from my main thesis." 13,234 Posts
    I guess wearing one yellow shoe and one black shoe didn't magically repair Big Ben's injury the way the Steelers had hoped. He should now try what every other person in the world does to repair an injury. It's called sit the fuck down for a while.

b/w

Pre-game banger.

• RAJ said:

LOL.

I guess that's what you would say when your team stinks it up that bad.

And I guess what cities do when they're half-deserted in a perpetual state of depression is build a bunch of new stadiums.

The 'Stick is a legend. I'm sure lots of dudes will be stoked on whatever Shopping Mall-Entertainment Center-Football Stadium-Monstrosity they end up erecting in Santa Clara.

I froze my balls off and walked through teh most rugged of turfs to watch Giants games as a kid. One of the last old stadiums... I'll miss it when it goes.

Jonny_Paycheck said:
    RAJ said:

LOL.

And I guess what cities do when they're half-deserted in a perpetual state of depression is build a bunch of new stadiums.

The 'Stick is a legend. I'm sure lots of dudes will be stoked on whatever Shopping Mall-Entertainment Center-Football Stadium-Monstrosity they end up erecting in Santa Clara.

I froze my balls off and walked through teh most rugged of turfs to watch Giants games as a kid. One of the last old stadiums... I'll miss it when it goes.

Sorry, but Candlestick is not Fenway.

• DB_CooperDB_Cooper Manhatin' 7,823 Posts
    RAJ said:

• RAJ said:
    Jonny_Paycheck said:
    RAJ said:

LOL.

Indeed... people actually go to Candlestick to see the teams play, not to engage in some kind of mythological Americana.

So too shall the Sox, one of these days, be playing out in Framingham or some shit and nobody will care anymore.

Jonny_Paycheck said:
    RAJ said:
    Jonny_Paycheck said:
    RAJ said:

LOL.

Indeed... people actually go to Candlestick to see the teams play, not to engage in some kind of mythological Americana.

So too shall the Sox, one of these days, be playing out in Framingham or some shit and nobody will care anymore.

I hear you on the memories, though. I too would have mega-memories of that place had I grew up in the Bay Area during the 80s.

Just saying the antiquated stadium was an embarrassment to the franchise having it happen on MNF during one of the biggest games of the years.

Yes... I am ass-hurted.

• It's been fun hearing Steelers fans complain about my stadium all day (my Pittsburgh dude on FB has devoted the better part of his day arguing about how the *ushers* are so shitty there). Whatever it takes to avoid addressing the issue at hand I suppose.

I love Candlestick.

In other news the Niners beat the Steelers last night in front of the world.

• RockadelicRockadelic Out Digging 13,993 Posts
    rootlesscosmo said:

I love Candlestick.

I have no idea how it stands as a football venue but Candlestick is legendary for baseball.

Any place Willie Mays called home is shrine worthy

Only stadium I ever caught a foul ball in and going into the lockerroom before the game made me feel like a starstruck 12 year old.