NFL DISCUSSION - 2011 -

Comments

• HarveyCanalHarveyCanal "a distraction from my main thesis." 13,234 Posts
    Michael Haynes, Fred Barnett, Thomas Jones, Marshawn Lynch...Vernon Davis.

b/w

Blewdat.

• RAJRAJ tenacious local 7,779 Posts
    Refs are doing everything in their power to help the Packers in this game.

• RAJ said:
    Refs are doing everything in their power to help the Packers in this game.

But it don't matter!!! Swag on a hundred thousand trillion!!! San Francisco, you're next!

• still. so. hungover. raat. now.

• Congrats Niners fans.

• jjfad027jjfad027 1,594 Posts

Giants / Patriots rematch

• HorseleechHorseleech 3,830 Posts
    RAJ said:
    Giants / Patriots rematch

This is my prediction (and hope) also.

Didn't think this Ravens / Pats game would be such a nail biter.

• Goddamn noodle-legged kicker...uggh

• The_Hook_Up said:
    Goddamn noodle-legged kicker...uggh

It was going to be either Cundiff or Flacco that would be blamed if they lost. The defense set it up for them to win. They had about 20-some seconds to go from the 11 yard line. They moved it well in the previous plays with passes to Boldin. That 3rd Down play Flacco should have just ran for it and call a time out. I'm more disappointed for the defensive players on the Ravens, because for many it might be their last HURRAH. But I've been talking to some of my friends on the phone just now, and Billy Cundiff might want to seek refuge with a friend cause he might get hurt if they see him.

I had Billy Cantkick on my fantasy team??? dude's the worst in high pressure situations. I could of seen that coming a mile away.

• RockadelicRockadelic Out Digging 13,993 Posts
    RAJ said:
    I had Billy Cantkick on my fantasy team??? dude's the worst in high pressure situations. I could of seen that coming a mile away.

Cundiff has been on 9 teams in 10 years for a reason.

b/w

Never trust an ex-Cowboy kicker

• People will talk about Cundiff's miss but how many will talk about Lee Evans should have been TD catch two plays before? Gotta haul those catches in

• DrWuDrWu 4,021 Posts
    It hurts to lose like that. Great game Flacco. Way to silence the critics. Let's go Niners.

• Good games today. Brady was off early. Good thing he got that out of the way.

I'm glad dude on 49'ers stood up earlier. I thought he was paralyzed.

DrWu said:
    It hurts to lose like that. Great game Flacco. Way to silence the critics. Let's go Niners.

Way to cap off a complete NO SHOW season for Lee Evans.

• oh my.

FunkyFlatulent said:
    oh my.

Why did they let Kyle Williams anywhere near a football.

Tough weekend for the Harbros

• Couple of great games today. I guess the Pats/NYG rematch is a fairly compelling storyline.

It was a shame to see such hard-fought games come down to missed kicks and stupid special teams turnovers, but game of inches and all.

• I do feel bad for RayRay. Wanted to see him get another crack at a ring. Ravens had to punch that one in there at the end, stake Brady's heart.

• If the Ravens and Niners proved anything, they proved this. Defense wins championships, but then special teams can waste all the efforts the defense put out there.

I wanted to see a Harbaugh Bowl in Indy, but the Giants/Pats rematch is just as good in my mind. For Eli, he could surpass his brother in front of his brothers' home stadium and prove his quote of being an elite quarterback as true. For Brady, the payback for the loss of a perfect season.

• Kyle. Williams.

Man, I feel bad for him.

But FUCK him all the same.

Bad day for him/me I guess.

We'll be back. We got a young team and a very, very serious coach.

• Garcia_Vega said:
    DB_Cooper said:
    Eli "I'm on the same level as Tom Brady" Manning

What a joke this guy. Long year indeed.

^^^From page 2 back in September. Aint this some shit Cooper?! And btw someone hacked your email, I got some spam from your address this morning. It was titled "Its your time to shine!" and I really though it was going to be about Eli. Never been so happy to eat my own words.

• DB_CooperDB_Cooper Manhatin' 7,823 Posts
    Garcia_Vega said:
    Garcia_Vega said:
    DB_Cooper said:

^^^From page 2 back in September. Aint this some shit Cooper?! And btw someone hacked your email, I got some spam from your address this morning. It was titled "Its your time to shine!" and I really though it was going to be about Eli. Never been so happy to eat my own words.

Yeah, I heard about the hack and changed my email password. Should be good now. Your boys have come a long way since the flopping and Eli's inconsistency earlier in the season. It's going to be a hell of a game! My Pats need payback. But it's a scary matchup. You Giants are complete team that can get to the quarterback. This is probably going to hinge on whether we see vintage Brady excellence or the Brady we saw yesterday.

• HorseleechHorseleech 3,830 Posts
    DB_Cooper said:
    Garcia_Vega said:
    Garcia_Vega said:
    DB_Cooper said:

Yeah, I heard about the hack and changed my email password. Should be good now. Your boys have come a long way since the flopping and Eli's inconsistency earlier in the season. It's going to be a hell of a game! My Pats need payback. But it's a scary matchup. You Giants are complete team that can get to the quarterback. This is probably going to hinge on whether we see vintage Brady excellence or the Brady we saw yesterday.

Speculation is that Brady's shoulder was hurt more than they let on, virtually no throws downfield.

We'll see if he heals up with two weeks off.

• Horseleech said:
    DB_Cooper said:
    Garcia_Vega said:
    Garcia_Vega said:
    DB_Cooper said:

Speculation is that Brady's shoulder was hurt more than they let on, virtually no throws downfield.

We'll see if he heals up with two weeks off.

That, and Gronkowski's ankle injury could play a huge factor in Brady's passing game. He still has Welker, Hernandez and Branch, but Big Gronk is a nightmare of a tight end to face.

• someone said that victory over the Ravens was the Pats' first win over a winning team this whole season.

can anyone confirm that?

(I'm kidding; I know it's true.)