NFL DISCUSSION - 2011 -

Comments

• RAJRAJ tenacious local 7,779 Posts
    FunkyFlatulent said:
    since the Eagles absolutely stink now I think I've taken up cheering for the Bronco's now. I have to say i'm enjoying them winning. lol

Starting to believe in Tebow....

:micro:

• DB_CooperDB_Cooper Manhatin' 7,823 Posts
    RAJ said:
    FunkyFlatulent said:
    since the Eagles absolutely stink now I think I've taken up cheering for the Bronco's now. I have to say i'm enjoying them winning. lol

Starting to believe in Tebow....

:micro:

Tim Tebow's Success Inspiring Other NFL Teams to Start Shitty Quarterbacks

• Coughlin should've gone for it in the fourth quarter instead of that 50 yard field goal. You don't beat the Packers like that, total chicken move. And so headed to Dallas, the Giants have lost four in a row.

• RockadelicRockadelic Out Digging 13,993 Posts
    DB_Cooper said:

This seems to be the year of the 3rd string QB.

b/w

Other than about 3-4 teams just about everyone has proven that they can really suck on any given Sunday.

Rockadelic said:
    DB_Cooper said:

This seems to be the year of the 3rd string QB.

b/w

Other than about 3-4 teams just about everyone has proven that they can really suck on any given Sunday.

My Pats just showed how bad a team can look without actually losing. 21 unanswered points to the Colts?

• HarveyCanalHarveyCanal "a distraction from my main thesis." 13,234 Posts

• Eagles won. It's not as fun if it means nothing. I almost forgot what it's like to have your team not matter.

but.......................Tebow does it again! I didn't watch him in college or anything but rolling with Denver right now! unbelievable game.

• Tebow and the Broncos are off the chain right now!

God made Barber fumble!!

• Jason Pierre-Paul for President!

Garcia_Vega said:
    Jason Pierre-Paul for President!
    Attached files

• RAJ said:
    Garcia_Vega said:

just a great image. what a great game.

is there anyone who wasn't exicted by that game? and I'm not a fan of either team. (tho I will cop to an abiding hatred of the 'boys; residual 90's niners rivalry-related.)

FUCKING NFL, DUDE. you can't script that type of drama. unreal. so fun to watch. NFL man. dude.

• rootlesscosmo said:
    RAJ said:
    Garcia_Vega said:

just a great image. what a great game.

is there anyone who wasn't exicted by that game? and I'm not a fan of either team. (tho I will cop to an abiding hatred of the 'boys; residual 90's niners rivalry-related.)

FUCKING NFL, DUDE. you can't script that type of drama. unreal. so fun to watch. NFL man. dude.

This was just a great week of football. A lot of games decided within the final seconds and that overtime win by Denver. I truly feel sorry for Dan Bailey, though. To miss critical field goals two weeks in a row after being iced by time outs must have him in shell-shock now.

I'm starting to come around on Tebow. I think the league will catch up to Denver's offensive scheme, but Tebow is showing some serious leadership and a killer instinct that can take you a ways as a QB in this game. I don't think he'll ever be a top 5 QB, but he'll end up a better all-around player than Mark Sanchez.

• Julius Peppers let me down, I wanted to see him put the hurt on Timmy.
    I give Timmy his props though, he's turned the team around, but I'm sick of all the adulation.

• Garcia_Vega said:
    Julius Peppers let me down, I wanted to see him put the hurt on Timmy.
    I give Timmy his props though, he's turned the team around, but I'm sick of all the adulation.

"He's a gamer. He's a baller. He's a playmaker. And a shot-caller."

• Garcia_Vega said:
    Julius Peppers let me down, I wanted to see him put the hurt on Timmy.

You're right, I wish ESPN and the media would get back to shoving Assholes (lebron lebron lebron lebron), Rapists, Criminals and Pedophiles down my throat. Enough about hearing about someone who is actually a good, kind person.

• I don't even watch ESPN my dude, but I've had enough Tebow talk on the pre-game shows and halftime to last me a lifetime. And that's nice that you think he's a good, kind person, but I happen to know for a fact that he sacrifices kittens and bathes in their blood while reading the bible backwards. Where's the reporting on that? Just saying, don't put the boy on a pedestal.

I think I would actually like Tebow if he didn't throw like a girl

• Garcia_Vega said:
    Just saying, don't put the boy on a pedestal.

I'm not, though others are. I'm just enjoying the most mystifying storyline of this NFL season, which started when I thought the Broncos' Brass was idiotic for trotting out the super-mediocre Kyle Orton from day 1 when you had this unknown quantity with upside sitting there that the organization had spent a lot to acquire. I love the gnashing of teeth and grumpiness that the Tebow phenomenon presents to Yankees like you and Raj. He's bound to crash eventually and then it will be interesting to sort through that rubble as well.

But I am excited to see what happens when the Evil Empire goes out to Denver this week....it's easy to say "the Patriots will crush" and maybe they will, but there's always the chance that they won't and that's why I still love sports.

GenePontecorvo said:
    But I am excited to see what happens when the Evil Empire goes out to Denver this week....it's easy to say "the Patriots will crush" and maybe they will, but there's always the chance that they won't and that's why I still love sports.

Wait, we're the Evil Empire? We coined that phrase for the Yankees. Oh, how the worm turns.

• GenePontecorvo said:
    I love the gnashing of teeth and grumpiness that the Tebow phenomenon presents to Yankees like you and Raj.

Really dude? Yankees like me and Raj? Really?! Did you type that or was that Harvey? How is this a North vs South thing?

• Garcia_Vega said:
    GenePontecorvo said:
    I love the gnashing of teeth and grumpiness that the Tebow phenomenon presents to Yankees like you and Raj.

Really dude? Yankees like me and Raj? Really?! Did you type that or was that Harvey? How is this a North vs South thing?

I did it with a smile on my face.

But my anecdotal evidence shows Southern football fans are just as divided on the Tebowster.

Just messin GV!

Garcia_Vega said:
    GenePontecorvo said:

I like to think my exclusion from this means I'm pan-regional.

Tebow is the Anti-Vick

Most footbal fans saw him as the second coming of Gino Torretta.....at best.

He's the Underdog......He's an overt Christian which makes people either love or hate him.

Even the GM and Coach felt he was 3rd string on a mediocre team.

So even though his team is winning through Defense, the fact that he's 7-1 and squeaking out one close game after another he is getting the "superstar" treatment when he is clearly not a superstar.

IMO Tebow haters are predjudice againt what he represents to Tebow lovers.

Former Dallas Cowboy Sam Hurd arrested in Chicago on drug charges

According to the complaint, Hurd told an undercover operative that he wanted up to 10 kilograms of cocaine and a half ton of marijuana per week "for distribution in the Chicago area."

Hurd told the undercover that he was willing to pay $25,000 per kilo of cocaine and $450 per pound for the marijuana, the document states.

According to the document, Hurd also told the undercover in Chicago that:

...his co-conspirator is in charge of doing the majority of the deals as HURD focuses on the "higher-end" deals. HURD subsequently inquired if the UCA (undercover operative) and the CI (confidential informant involved in the case) could provide him with Mexican cellular telephones, as HURD believed that law enforcement did not have the capability of "listening" to Mexican telephones.
    ORIGINAL POST: Sam Hurd, currently a wide receiver with the Chicago Bears who formerly played for the Dallas Cowboys, was arrested last night in Chicago on federal charges out of Dallas, authorities said.

According to authorities, Hurd allegedly attempted to purchase drugs from a supplier here in North Texas, which is where the case will be adjudicated. The local office of Immigration and Customs Enforcement is handling the investigation, authorities said.

We'll have more details when we get them.

http://crimeblog.dallasnews.com/archives/2011/12/former-dallas-cowboy-sam-hurd.html

• The_NonThe_Non 5,691 Posts
    Rockadelic said:

Most footbal fans saw him as the second coming of Gino Torretta.....at best.

He's better than Gino Torretta, c'mon.
    Tebow is a big guy with decent speed, but his throwing motion is flawed like Drew Bledsoe with 1/2 the arm strength. Simple as that. Having said that, there are plenty of NFL QBs right now that have weak arms: Curtis Painter immediately comes to mind, Tyler Palko's arm sucks, Colt McCoy, Alex Smith, Kyle Orton, Blaine Gabbert, not to mention a million backups. He's actually much more similar to Tommy Frazier or Scott Frost, but with the heart of a champion and a stronger runner. Get off his nyutz haterz.

• Can you even buy weed at $450 a pound? What is that, like a brick of Mexican stems?

Garcia_Vega said:
    Can you even buy weed at $450 a pound? What is that, like a brick of Mexican stems?

When you're buying 1,000 lbs. a week you get a big price break.

• DJ_EnkiDJ_Enki 6,471 Posts
    Rockadelic said:
    Garcia_Vega said:
    Can you even buy weed at $450 a pound? What is that, like a brick of Mexican stems?

When you're buying 1,000 lbs. a week you get a big price break.

Word to Bam Morris.

• asstroasstro 1,754 Posts
    My favorite partt of the Tebow thing is watching John Elway (who I always hated) gnash his teeth as he is being forced to play a QB who isn't half as talented as Elway was. The fact that Tebow now has the complete support of the Broncos locker room and fan base means that they will have to build the team around him for at least the next couple of years, which must just be killing Elway. You know he was ready to pull the trigger on a "real" QB as soon as he got the chance and now he can't.

I'm not rooting for Tebow, but I'm not rooting against him either. Dude makes stuff happen at the end of a game, as a football fan how can you not appreciate it? Even if it is some ugly quarterbacking most of the time.