NFL DISCUSSION - 2011 -

Comments

• Bon VivantBon Vivant The Eye of the Storm 2,018 Posts
    GenePontecorvo said:
    No they did overturn it, but it was ridiciulous that it had to come to that.

Haha! My bad. I should pay more attention to the game. :lush:

I foresee Bill Cowher in the Vikings' future.

Ya heard it here first.

• Bon Vivant said:

Ya heard it here first.

I don't see him as an LA kind of guy.

.. and since it hasn't been mentioned 15 IN A ROW.

• thursdayalley said:
    Bon Vivant said:

Ya heard it here first.

Do you think they will go undefeated?

Win the Super Bowl?

• GenePontecorvo said:
    thursdayalley said:
    Bon Vivant said:

Ya heard it here first.

Do you think they will go undefeated?

Win the Super Bowl?
    Once weather becomes a factor, a team with a strong front four and some decent tight ends or a pass catching back might beat the Pack. The defense lacks a strong pass rush from the right side and are soft on passes over the middle. That said, Rodgers and that offense are next level. And for once they have strong special teams play which has been a franchise Achilles Heel for years.

Ok. The punter just gave props to god for his punt in the Broncos game.

This game sucks.

FrankieMeltzer said:
    Bon Vivant said:
    Ok. The punter just gave props to god for his punt in the Broncos game.

This game sucks.

I have to admit that the last drive impressed me. I'm enjoying the Tebow experience even though the Jesoid aspect seems beyond silly to me.

b/w

The Jets are total frauds.

Jets may be worse than the Broncos simply because their expectations were higher.

Once Tebow comes out of the closet his love of Jesus will all make sense. Not that there's anything wrong with that.

• GenePontecorvo said:

Tebow

• RAJRAJ tenacious local 7,779 Posts
    Is Tebow that good or are the Jets that bad.

Color me a Tebow hater but there is no way his style of play will last... It's like watching the Wildcat... cool for one season then an absolute joke, the next.

• The Jet offense is that bad, but I still don't understand how the defense let Tebow pull off that last drive. Can't believe Revis chickened out when Tebow put his shoulders down in that one run! With all the running the boy does I'm suprised Tebow hasn't been taken out.

I also don't like all the attention his religiosity is getting. That should be a private matter. If he wants to pray or whatever on the sidelines, cool, but don't put the camera on him.

• DB_CooperDB_Cooper Manhatin' 7,823 Posts
    Once the novelty factor of the Bronco offensive scheme wears off and the hits the running game requires start to take their toll on Tebow's body, we're going to see this thing come back to earth. There's no longevity to Tebow's career. There's a reason why professional teams don't run the option as their primary scheme.

• HarveyCanalHarveyCanal "a distraction from my main thesis." 13,234 Posts
    Tebow pwns all of y'all who lack faith, now and forever, amen.

• DJ_EnkiDJ_Enki 6,471 Posts
    RAJ said:
    It's like watching the Wildcat... cool for one season then an absolute joke, the next.

Exactly. It's working now because it's different, but its expiration date is not too far off.

Tebow did the same thing the last 3 games of last year. This idea that every NFL offense must stick within a .02% deviation from what's been established as the drop-back-passer norm is the dumb.

• RAJRAJ tenacious local 7,779 Posts
    HarveyCanal said:
    Tebow did the same thing the last 3 games of last year. This idea that every NFL offense must stick within a .02% deviation from what's been established as the drop-back-passer norm is the dumb.

Why do southerners apologize for Tebow so much?

RAJ said:
    HarveyCanal said:

They love their college football, and Tebow is running a college scheme in the pros. What they fail to take into account is that professional defenses are too good, both skill-wise and in game planning, to allow that scheme to work for long at the professional level.

DB_Cooper said:
    RAJ said:
    HarveyCanal said:

They love their college football, and Tebow is running a college scheme in the pros. What they fail to take into account is that professional defenses are too good, both skill-wise and in game planning, to allow that scheme to work for long at the professional level.

I know, because LSU and Alabama's defenses suck.

But anyway, I can't stand Tebow. I call what Denver and what LSU and Alabama run Jim Crow offenses...and yes, that's meant to insult.

But you simply can't scoff at the winning Tebow has singlehendedly caused in Denver.

I mean, I could point out Northerners' stubborness of trying to always appear high-and-mighty accurate despite evidence to the contrary staring them in the face. Just say it in an authoratative fashion, that should cover it. But it's not just me who fails to take your pompous predictions as golden rules.

For instance, the Jets defense does not suck. But Tebow still managed to best them.

Fact is, he keeps winning and that's the bottom line...whether any of us like it or not.

HarveyCanal said:
    I could point out Northerners' stubborness of trying to always appear high-and-mighty accurate despite evidence to the contrary staring them in the face. Just say it in an authoratative fashion, that should cover it. But it's not just me who fails to take your pompous predictions as golden rules.

HarveyCanal said:
    For instance, the Jets defense does not suck.

Suck? No. But they're not nearly as good as people make them out to be. They're one shutdown corner better than being average at best.

The going excuse is that the Jets only had 3 days to prepare for the Broncos. And from what I could tell, they did a good job of it for 3.75 quarters of the game. But that's when Tebow simply outperformed them. With an empty backfield and Tebow barely capable of throwing the ball, my dog that doesn't even exist could tell you that a quarterback draw was the most likely play to be run on that game-winning drive. And despite the lack of any hidden scheme at work, Tebow still ran right up that field and into the endzone. Okay, maybe the Jets d isn't as tough as people make them out to be...but Tebow obviously deserves the grace of God to favor him while it continues to plague less creative quarterback dolts such as Sanchez and Flacco.

HarveyCanal said:

Jesus. Elway was terrible.

• I'm not a Tebow or Broncos fan but for some reason I do like the idea of Tebow winning. It's fun to watch from a total outsider point of view.

• As a Broncos I'm just delighted to see them stringing together a few wins for a change, the last 2-3 years have been tough. It aint pretty right now but Tebow just knows how to win football games, it's gotta be hard not to root for the guy.

• The_NonThe_Non 5,691 Posts
    Jets suck this year because Sanchez sucks. Their defense gave up 17 pts and they lost. Current NFL results seem to indicate you gotta score at least upper teens/20s to win. "Bruising defensive struggles" seem to take place when the offenses of both teams suck (Browns vs Jags for instance). The Jets have Holmes, Burress (who has shaped up to be surprisingly decent) Keller (who is very good) 2 decent RBs, some up and coming young WRs, Joe McKnight, who can score at any time on special teams and any time he touches the ball, an excellent O-line, and their offense sucks balls. The only thing left is Sanchez.
    On the other side, Tebow is doing the damn thing with grit and determination. Give the muhfucka his props. It ain't pretty, but he's wily and finds a way to win.
    Before the season started, I wanted the Jets to go after Vince Young. That's how much faith I had in Sanchez. They are in BIG fucking trouble, and I have serious doubts they'll make the playoffs.

HarveyCanal said:

Sheeeeeiiiiitttt. Put Tebow in the HOF now! I mean, he's clearly better than Elway.

• The_Non said:
    J Burress (who has shaped up to be surprisingly decent)

You know I'm the biggest Plaxico apologist on this board, and even I have to admit he was doing his best Randy Moss impersonation on a lot of plays last night. Surprisingly decent might be a tad generous right now.

• The_NonThe_Non 5,691 Posts
    Garcia_Vega said:
    The_Non said:
    J Burress (who has shaped up to be surprisingly decent)

You know I'm the biggest Plaxico apologist on this board, and even I have to admit he was doing his best Randy Moss impersonation on a lot of plays last night. Surprisingly decent might be a tad generous right now.
    I foresaw him being a non-factor, then getting a season ending injury, so to me, his production has been "decent." Also, I don't have NFL Network, so I didn't see the halfassery you mentioning.

• SoulOnIceSoulOnIce 13,027 Posts
    lol @ the Jets

• Risingson said:
    As a Broncos I'm just delighted to see them stringing together a few wins for a change, the last 2-3 years have been tough. It aint pretty right now but Tebow just knows how to win football games, it's gotta be hard not to root for the guy.

I'm not a Broncos fan, but I must admit that I like what I see them doing with Tebow. He's not going to put up fantasy points, but he will put up points that'll help his team win games. As for the novelty of the Option game losing its affect in the future, it definitely will. But I think Tebow is the type of player who will do anything, even line up as a wide receiver, to make his team better. I'm a fan.