NFL DISCUSSION - 2011 -

FunkyFlatulentFunkyFlatulent 1,106 Posts
edited September 2011 in Strut Central
I looked around. Is this discussion not happening this year?

Comments

• RAJRAJ tenacious local 7,779 Posts
    I was just going to start this thread.

• This NO VS GB game is good so far. I'm not feeling the touchbacks already.

oh yeah........

• HarveyCanalHarveyCanal "a distraction from my main thesis." 13,234 Posts
    Great game overall. Aaron Rodgers is simply unbelievable. But damn, our defense coulda at least put up more of a fight. Peyton shoulda kicked that field goal to make it 35-30. But who's to say it really woulda made a difference the way the Packers were moving the ball. It's one thing to get sonned by a near perfect Rodgers. It's a whole other thing to not be able to wrap up on a plodding Starks. Oh well, at least it's already apparent that picking up Darren Spoles was a move of genius. On to the next week for my cherished whodats...

• HarveyCanal said:
    Great game overall. Aaron Rodgers is simply unbelievable. But damn, our defense coulda at least put up more of a fight. Peyton shoulda kicked that field goal to make it 35-30. But who's to say it really woulda made a difference the way the Packers were moving the ball. It's one thing to get sonned by a near perfect Rodgers. It's a whole other thing to not be able to wrap up on a plodding Starks. Oh well, at least it's already apparent that picking up Darren Spoles was a move of genius. On to the next week for my cherished whodats...

that cobb run was beautiful, and hopefully quieted alot of the kick off rule change hate.

• I hope that other QB's (Vick, Matt Ryan) saw that game last night and realized they better come to play cuz those two last night are on another level.

Go Iggles!

• Eagles are just feeling out the team chemistry. It seems the Colts are getting a whooping. It's going to be a long year for you guys. :(

Also the NFL Redzone channel is truly a great idea.

The Steelers are embarrassing.

:-S

• :nagl: Big Ben is looking flabby and sick.

• The_NonThe_Non 5,691 Posts
    Steelers are getting their asses hammered. Are they that bad, or are the Ravens that good?

Holy shit, this is the worst expectations vs actual performance game I can remember.

The_Non said:
    Holy shit, this is the worst expectations vs actual performance week I can remember.

• DrWuDrWu 4,021 Posts
    The_Non said:
    Steelers are getting their asses hammered. Are they that bad, or are the Ravens that good?

Last year in the playoffs, we dominated the Steelers in the first half but their line took over in the second and that was the difference. Today, the Steelers didn't get near Flacco, resulting in the turkey shoot we witnessed from word one. Oher is a more natural right tackle and Mckinney looked awesome against Harrison and co. If they can stay healthy, look out AFC.

Some big upsides on our side of the ball. Second year TE's Pitta and Dickson looked deadly in passing situations, the new fullback didn't miss a beat and our secondary (Webb in particular) looked much improved. Flacco was on from the start which is going to be key this year. With Suggs, Lewis and Reed making their big plays, it was curtains.

Polamalu was a ghost out there, a total non factor. When that happens, Pittsburgh isnt that tough. I thought Ben did a reasonable job early on and showed his elusiveness throughout but he made some terrible throws right to Ed Reed. Ward is so tough and Wallace is turning into a pro-bowler.

• Bon VivantBon Vivant The Eye of the Storm 2,018 Posts
    Skins looking good!

• Anyone know a website where I can watch the Jets/Cowboys?

I thought ESPN would have it but it doesn't look like they will.

• bassiebassie 11,710 Posts
    I've been watching justintv today. The NFL Chat stream is gorgeous.

• Do you know if they are going to have the Jets /Cowboys?

Horseleech said:
    Anyone know a website where I can watch the Jets/Cowboys?

You can watch it on NBC's site:

http://nbcsports.msnbc.com/id/25907471/ns/sports-sunday_night_football/

• RAJ said:
    Horseleech said:
    Anyone know a website where I can watch the Jets/Cowboys?

You can watch it on NBC's site:

http://nbcsports.msnbc.com/id/25907471/ns/sports-sunday_night_football/

Hahha, I just figured that out - thanks!

• RockadelicRockadelic Out Digging 13,993 Posts
    I'm calling 41-17 Jets

b/w

There's a reason I don't seriously gamble

• asstroasstro 1,754 Posts
    For all the hand-wringing about moving the kickoffs there sure seemed to be a lot of big returns this weekend, didn't there?

• Rockadelic said:
    I'm calling 41-17 Jets

b/w

There's a reason I don't gamble

I was going to say 21 - 17 Jets, but I didn't like that first drive at all.

• Time for the Cowgirls to get that first L of the year.

Rockadelic said:
    I'm calling 41-17 Jets

b/w

There's a reason I don't seriously gamble

I don't think even die-hard blind to the world Jets fans would have the Jets scoring 41 in their predictions!
    Ted Ginn, wow!
    Looks like a LONG season for quite a few teams.

• Bon Vivant said:
    Skins looking good!

Bitch please. Giants just sucked today. There goes our 6 game win streak.

You all know week 1 ain't shit, talk to me about your team after week 5.

• RockadelicRockadelic Out Digging 13,993 Posts
    FrankieMeltzer said:
    I'm not sure the Jets could score 41 points against Stephen F. Austin.

With the Cowboys starting basically 3 rookie O linemen I was counting on at least 3 scores from the Jets Defense.

• Big_StacksBig_Stacks "I don't worry about hittin' power, cause I don't give 'em nuttin' to hit." 4,670 Posts
    FrankieMeltzer said:
    Rockadelic said:
    FrankieMeltzer said:
    I'm not sure the Jets could score 41 points against Stephen F. Austin.

With the Cowboys starting basically 3 rookie O linemen I was counting on at least 3 scores from the Jets Defense.

The line's not doing badly and seems to be doing better as the game goes on. I like the moves the Cowboys have made and I think they've got a real shot at winning their division.

The Jets are weaker on offense than they were last year.

17-7!

Yo,

How 'bout dem Cowboys!!!

Peace,

Big Stacks from Kakalak

• asstroasstro 1,754 Posts
    What a game! Jets showed some real heart tonight against a tough team, great win.

PUNT BLAWK! YAH!

• :game_over:

• where's Kitna