NFL DISCUSSION - 2011 -

Comments

• The_Non said:
    Garcia_Vega said:
    The_Non said:
    J Burress (who has shaped up to be surprisingly decent)

You know I'm the biggest Plaxico apologist on this board, and even I have to admit he was doing his best Randy Moss impersonation on a lot of plays last night. Surprisingly decent might be a tad generous right now.
    I foresaw him being a non-factor, then getting a season ending injury, so to me, his production has been "decent." Also, I don't have NFL Network, so I didn't see the halfassery you mentioning.

I don't have the NFL network either, but we're in New York, that shit came through on WPIX!

I was hoping Plax was going to come back in 2007 form. Wishful thinking, I know, even more so with Sanchez in the pocket.

• Bon VivantBon Vivant The Eye of the Storm 2,018 Posts
    rootlesscosmo said:

Great idea to try to punch a guy wearing a helmet with a facemask on it.

• DrWuDrWu 4,021 Posts
    DrWu'sRavens Report:

Went to the game on Thurs night. Took my 5 year old, who voluntarily took a late afternoon power nap in order to be ready for the 8:30 start time. Great win for us. Defense was incredible Ngata, Redding and Suggs just terrorized Smith. Even without Ray, Gore had nothing. I can't say that I loved the offense. We still stall too much on drives that look like they are going to produce points but the line did an excellent job against a top flight pass rush which bodes well for us moving forward. Flacco still isn't showing consistent accuracy and the ability to take charge of the play calling when he needs to. All in all, I like our chances to make it to the big game. Home field is going to be crucial for us though.

• RAJRAJ tenacious local 7,779 Posts
    Stevie Johnson - Come On, Man.

• DrWuDrWu 4,021 Posts
    RAJ said:

Is anyone else totally annoyed by the Fox Sunday NFL Countdown's outright theft of Ed Lover's "C'mon Son" bit? Of course, they had to fuck it all up and call it "C'mon Man" which sounds a lot like your uncle saying his putting is the "shiznit".

• RockadelicRockadelic Out Digging 13,993 Posts
    The 7-4 Cowboys are a sham......they will win the division at 10-6 /11-5 and get knocked out in the first round of the playoffs.

• HarveyCanalHarveyCanal "a distraction from my main thesis." 13,234 Posts
    Tebow yet again proved that there is more than one offensive style capable of winning football games in the NFL.

b/w

Jesus style.

• DB_CooperDB_Cooper Manhatin' 7,823 Posts
    HarveyCanal said:
    Tebow yet again proved that there is more than one offensive style capable of winning football games in the NFL.

b/w

Jesus style.

Elway is doubting Thomas.

• DJ_EnkiDJ_Enki 6,471 Posts
    Rockadelic said:
    The 7-4 Cowboys are a sham......they will win the division at 10-6 /11-5 and get knocked out in the first round of the playoffs.

I foresee the same future for the 49ers, though it is cool that the Niners are finally enjoying some success. Dudes like Gore and Davis definitely deserve it.

• Rockadelic said:

What? You don't think squeaking out one point wins over the Dolphins is an indicator of Super Bowl status?

I think their QB is up and down, and they have issues in the secondary. DeMarco Murray is a find though. Felix who?

• Harvey, should we talk any smack about tonight's game w/ Giant-Fan?

GenePontecorvo said:
    Harvey, should we talk any smack about tonight's game w/ Giant-Fan?

It's gonna be like Joe Horn up in that bitch.

• DrWu said:
    DrWu'sRavens Report:

Went to the game on Thurs night. Took my 5 year old, who voluntarily took a late afternoon power nap in order to be ready for the 8:30 start time. Great win for us. Defense was incredible Ngata, Redding and Suggs just terrorized Smith. Even without Ray, Gore had nothing. I can't say that I loved the offense. We still stall too much on drives that look like they are going to produce points but the line did an excellent job against a top flight pass rush which bodes well for us moving forward. Flacco still isn't showing consistent accuracy and the ability to take charge of the play calling when he needs to. All in all, I like our chances to make it to the big game. Home field is going to be crucial for us though.

that game was a set-up. 3 time zones on 3 days rest? someone do the historical analysis on that because I can't be bothered.

glad you had fun though. I heard the weather was pretty decent for this time of year.

• DrWu said:
    RAJ said:

Is anyone else totally annoyed by the Fox Sunday NFL Countdown's outright theft of Ed Lover's "C'mon Son" bit? Of course, they had to fuck it all up and call it "C'mon Man" which sounds a lot like your uncle saying his putting is the "shiznit".

That's ESPN on the MNF pregame...

The only bright spot for a Cowboy fan in 2011 is that we have a player that will be considered one of the Top 3 all-time at his position when it's all said and done.

All the Dallas fans I know are happy with where the Boys are right now. It's weird to hear you being so down on them, Rock.

Giants lose tonight and the Cowboys are in the division lead all by themselves. What more can be asked of them?

HarveyCanal said:
    All the Dallas fans I know are happy with where the Boys are right now. It's weird to hear you being so down on them, Rock.

We just beat a wretched Miami team at the buzzer and a terrible Washington team basically the same way.

Their division is worse than I ever remember it being.

7-4 might make some people happy but I'm a realist....they suck.

• Rockadelic said:
    The only bright spot for a Cowboy fan in 2011 is that we have a player that will be considered one of the Top 3 all-time at his position when it's all said and done.

Witten?

Remember that time he sat in front of us? Awesome. "Throw it to me!"

GenePontecorvo said:
    Rockadelic said:

Witten?

Remember that time he sat in front of us? Awesome. "Throw it to me!"

Admit it dude...if you were single you would have thrown one to Witten.

b/w

Lady, you're the reason they checked for weapons as we entered the stadium

• Hah, you right Rich.

Brees is beasting tonight!

• RAJRAJ tenacious local 7,779 Posts
    The Philadelphia Eagles

:dead:

• DrWuDrWu 4,021 Posts
    rootlesscosmo said:
    DrWu said:
    DrWu'sRavens Report:

that game was a set-up. 3 time zones on 3 days rest? someone do the historical analysis on that because I can't be bothered.

glad you had fun though. I heard the weather was pretty decent for this time of year.

• RAJ said:
    The Philadelphia Eagles

:dead:

indeed. andy is done.

• I think Reid stays.

They just need to beef up their lines.

DeSean is becoming a real problem, though......

• rootlesscosmo said:

They just need to beef up their lines.

D Line isnt that bad, their LBing corp is just horrible though, this season some of the worst LB play that I've ever seen, can't tackle for shit.

• yeah they need backs. really badly.

• since the Eagles absolutely stink now I think I've taken up cheering for the Bronco's now. I have to say i'm enjoying them winning. lol