NBA PLAYOFFS BATCHES!

Comments

• HarveyCanal said:
    GenePontecorvo said:
    Was bummed he never did shit at LSU but then again Dale Brown could never coach talented teams that well.

You musta missed the years 1978 through 1981 and then 1986 as well. To my eyes, Dale Brown was/is a genius on many different counts.

Okay Robert. So you really think the 1986 Final Four team led by Ricky fuckin' Blanton was as talented as Shaq, Stanley Roberts, Chris Jackson/Mahmoud Abdul Rauf AND Vernel Singleton AND Lyle Mouton? PLEASE. That team dripped talent and he never did shit with it. Dale Brown was KNOWN for taking underachieving squads to lofty heights and taking superstar squads NOWHERE.

• HarveyCanalHarveyCanal "a distraction from my main thesis." 13,234 Posts
    GenePontecorvo said:
    HarveyCanal said:
    GenePontecorvo said:
    Was bummed he never did shit at LSU but then again Dale Brown could never coach talented teams that well.

You musta missed the years 1978 through 1981 and then 1986 as well. To my eyes, Dale Brown was/is a genius on many different counts.

Okay Robert. So you really think the 1986 Final Four team led by Ricky fuckin' Blanton was as talented as Shaq, Stanley Roberts, Chris Jackson/Mahmoud Abdul Rauf AND Vernel Singleton AND Lyle Mouton? PLEASE. That team dripped talent and he never did shit with it. Dale Brown was KNOWN for taking underachieving squads to lofty heights and taking superstar squads NOWHERE.

You mean, the 1986 squad that also had John Williams and Don Redden and Anthony Wilson? They too were stacked, just not as famous. And Dale Brown brought them one Bobby Knight outburst away from the Final 4 the next year as well.

The 1981 team was also stacked, with Rudy Macklin, Howard Carter, Leonard Mitchell, Ethan Martin, Greg Cook, and Willie Sims. They made it to the Final 4, before losing to Isiah's Indiana Hoosiers.

The 1990 team certainly had a ton of talent, possibly too much talent despite Shaq still being very uncoordinated on the offensive end. But I think it's extremely unfair to ignore Brown's past success with stacked teams just to resort to only focusing on a single season where things didn't go the way you hoped.

Plus, just ask Brown's players what they think of him as a coach/motivator/great man.

• Options
    fckvwls said:
    Nah def not republican, but my generation grew up watching jordan, as did the rest of the world who started tuning into jordan/nba at that time.

A lot of us felt the same way about Bird and Magic, but I don't remember anyone looking to change the logo to one of them.

That's probably a good thing, too, considering how strange some of Bird's hairstyles were.

• batmonbatmon 27,574 Posts
    hello

• Mavs gotta keep grinding. JET and Dirk need to do *something*. It was the other dudes making the big plays in first half.

Amazing shotmaking by those two dudes on the other team.

• Options
    This is a joke, right? Brian Cardinal is in the game because why?

Who's in next? Paul Mokeski?

• NomoreGarciaparra said:
    This is a joke, right? Brian Cardinal is in the game because why?

Who's in next? Paul Mokeski?

We survived the Cardinal Quarter only down four. :sheesh:

• JET is officially MIA. Good God.

• motown67motown67 4,513 Posts
    Holy shit. What the fuck happened? I was listening to the game on the radio, and a couple minutes ago they said that Miami was going on to a 2-0 lead in the series. Get home, turn on the TV and Dallas is only down 2!

• okay. tie game, i predict a lebron dribble/hoist

• o my god. dirk.

• double post. fuckin chalmers. let's close this out. one possession..

• WHO SOFT?????????????????????????/

SHOULDN'T CELEBRATE WITH SIX MINUTES LEFT HEATLES.

It's a series people. This is a series.

• HorseleechHorseleech 3,830 Posts
    I'm truly impressed that Dallas came back and won that game.

• yuichiyuichi Urban sprawl 11,331 Posts
    I'm glad I watched that one to the end!!! NOW, WE'RE TALKING FINALS BASKETBALL!!!!!

Folks, enjoy this one while it lasts! We may not have a season next year!!

Dirk is not shying away from the moment this year....

• Options
    GenePontecorvo said:
    WHO SOFT?????????????????????????/

SHOULDN'T CELEBRATE WITH SIX MINUTES LEFT HEATLES.

It was LeBron who played soft tonight. Very lazy game from him.

• SnappingSnapping 995 Posts
    That was a helluva comeback. Nowitzki definitely shedding the "soft" tag.
    Will some team please hire Mark Jackson as a coach so I won't have to hear him say "Mama there goes that man" ever again?

• Heat offense seemingly is transition off of turnovers or nothing.

GenePontecorvo said:
    Heat offense seemingly is transition off of turnovers or nothing.

Heat offense is basically, iso Wade, Bosh, or Bron. Shit is so damn pathetic. Go Dallas!

• RockadelicRockadelic Out Digging 13,993 Posts
    Dirk is on a mission......what a game.

• tripledoubletripledouble 7,636 Posts
    Rockadelic said:
    Dirk is on a mission......what a game.

yes indeed. some lackadaisical sets on d from miami, but exploited perfectly by Dirk. bosh seemed to be playing tough, until he didnt front him for a split second...exactly when dirk rolled off him right to the hoop. no help from Lebron, a valiant block attempt by hanselm and the biggest splint fingered lefty layup in recent basketball history.

what were they doing giving him that uncontested look at the 3??? (to go up 93-90) Dirks got that stroke!!!!!

great series

• DJ_EnkiDJ_Enki 6,471 Posts
    Horseleech said:
    I'm truly impressed that Dallas came back and won that game.

They really looked like they had folded. Once they gave up that 3 to go down 15...well, I figured it was time to look to game 3. Wow. Big ups to Big D. They showed a whole lot of heart--and how about Dirk finishing it off with that nice pivot into a lefty layup? Big time move.

• cookbookcookbook 783 Posts

• keithvanhornkeithvanhorn 3,855 Posts
    Lebron was trying to look too cute at the end. That's why they lost. He wanted that big 3 pointer with the shot clock expiring, but his team needed him to drive the lane. What a bitch.

Mike Bibby will never have a better game, even though he barely did anything. Miami really sucks other than the big 3, and to quote Billy Hoyle, they'd rather look good and lose, then look bad and win.

• fckvwlsfckvwls 178 Posts
    Ive never seen so many mavs fans in los angeles before last night at the bar lol. Looks like all the LA fans have converted to the beat LBJ bandwagon movement. As bad as Miami looked down the stretch, what your guys predictions who will win this series? Vegas made adjustments but still has Miami as a slight favorite.

• fckvwlsfckvwls 178 Posts
    I am fairly certain that the winner of game 3 will go on to win the series.

Anybody watch the post-game "analysis" on ESPN last night? Barry was going a little overboard I thought in arguing that Miami was done. He was arguing that game #2 would break their confidence and swag that they had going into the series, and would be a turning point like what happened in the first Miami-Dallas finals back in the day when Dallas was up, and then lost a winnable game and Miami went on to win the title.

I still have no idea who will win, but it is turning out to be a true battle that I was hoping that it would be, which is all I care about because I have nothing invested in either of these two finalists.