NBA PLAYOFFS BATCHES!

Comments

• batmonbatmon 27,574 Posts
    mIami isnt done. thats crazy talk on Barrys part.

and fuck vegas. watch the damn game.

• fckvwlsfckvwls 178 Posts
    Miami is far from done, game 3 will be epic on so many levels, plus it's in 3D. This series right now to me is a 50-50 or pickem. Miami may have a very very slight advantage, but its still pretty much a coin toss at this point.

"What a rousing, gutsy performance by the Dallas Mavericks in Game 2. If you didn???t believe this year???s NBA Playoffs may be the best ever, then I hope Thursday Night went a long way in making you a believer.

Over the next 48 hours, the media will reinforce this statistic: when the series is tied 1-1 roughly 74% of teams that win Game 3 go on to win the Series.

This year's results:

Round 1

-Orlando Magic/Atlanta Hawks 1-1. Atlanta Hawks won Game 3 and won the series.

-San Antonio Spurs/Memphis Grizzlies 1-1. Memphis Grizzlies won Game 3 and won the series.

-Los Angeles Lakers/New Orleans Hornets 1-1. Los Angeles Lakers won Game 3 and won the series.

Round 2

-Memphis Grizzlies/Oklahoma City Thunder 1-1. Oklahoma City Thunder lost Game 3 but won the series.

-Chicago Bulls/Atlanta Hawks 1-1. Chicago Bulls won Game 3 and won the series.

Round 3

-Dallas Mavericks/Oklahoma City Thunder 1-1. Dallas Mavericks won Game 3 and won the series.

-Miami Heat/Chicago Bulls 1-1. Miami Heat won Game 3 and won the series.

Round 4

-Miami Heat/Dallas Mavericks 1-1. (Result: Pending)

So far in this year's playoffs, this trend is running at an 85.7 percent clip."

• JimBeamJimBeam Seattle. 2,012 Posts
    Snapping said:
    That was a helluva comeback. Nowitzki definitely shedding the "soft" tag.
    Will some team please hire Mark Jackson as a coach so I won't have to hear him say "Mama there goes that man" ever again?

i too would be glad to never hear his catchphrase b.s. ever again. however, that jackass is a front runner for coaching the w's, which would be terrible. i would rather him be an analyst and have to hear him on espn broadcasts than to have him coach my team.
    he's on every shooting pg's nuts (see: thunder series "THE BALL NEEDS TO BE IN WESTBROOK'S HANDS") which is the last thing that the warriors need. (that and a catch phrase shouting moron with no coaching experience AT ALL.)

hopefully jerry west can knock some sense into this seemingly idiotic front office before they make any bad coaching moves. i wish they could have enticed van gundy away from espn.

• SnappingSnapping 995 Posts
    JimBeam said:
    Snapping said:
    That was a helluva comeback. Nowitzki definitely shedding the "soft" tag.
    Will some team please hire Mark Jackson as a coach so I won't have to hear him say "Mama there goes that man" ever again?

i too would be glad to never hear his catchphrase b.s. ever again. however, that jackass is a front runner for coaching the w's, which would be terrible. i would rather him be an analyst and have to hear him on espn broadcasts than to have him coach my team.
    he's on every shooting pg's nuts (see: thunder series "THE BALL NEEDS TO BE IN WESTBROOK'S HANDS") which is the last thing that the warriors need. (that and a catch phrase shouting moron with no coaching experience AT ALL.)

hopefully jerry west can knock some sense into this seemingly idiotic front office before they make any bad coaching moves. i wish they could have enticed van gundy away from espn.

I think its a strange progression to become a coach by first being a player and then an announcer/analyst. I'm trying to think of another coach whose career followed this path. Doc Rivers maybe? I get why being a starting NBA point guard would help qualify you as a coach, but I don't see why being a TV personality would qualify you over guys who have paid assistant coach dues. Warriors could do better.

• motown67motown67 4,513 Posts
    I very much doubt Jackson being a play by play guy on TV has anything to do with his coaching prospects.

Whats the difference between sitting on the bench as an assistant and as a player?
    In the latter years of aging players dudes are assistants anyway. u pick up the nuances in both situations.
    yeah it would be nice for every coach to have "paid his dues", but being a great pg/floor leader is just as valuable as some film geek ala Spolstra paying dues.
    Scott brooks,Scott Skiles and Avery johnson had to assist before they got the head coach gig.
    Jackson is light years better than all three dudes, but i dont like him w/ the Warriors.
    Did byron scott put in ten years after playing to get his head coach gig?

• SnappingSnapping 995 Posts
    batmon said:
    Whats the difference between sitting on the bench as an assistant and as a player?
    In the latter years of aging players dudes are assistants anyway. u pick up the nuances in both situations.
    yeah it would be nice for every coach to have "paid his dues", but being a great pg/floor leader is just as valuable as some film geek ala Spolstra paying dues.
    Scott brooks,Scott Skiles and Avery johnson had to assist before they got the head coach gig.
    Jackson is light years better than all three dudes, but i dont like him w/ the Warriors.
    Did byron scott put in ten years after playing to get his head coach gig?

As i said above I think M. Jackson's experience as a player (and as a smart starting quality point guard no less) definitely helps qualify him as a coach. Its his career progression to become a play-by-play guy instead of an assistant coach that I find peculiar - if he wants to be a head coach.

motown67 said:
    I very much doubt Jackson being a play by play guy on TV has anything to do with his coaching prospects.

it's more that his play by play stuff has exposed things about his (low) capacity to communicate to any audience-- something that's going to be a huge factor in changing the warriors culture.

• Options
    JimBeam said:
    motown67 said:

it's more that his play by play stuff has exposed things about his (low) capacity to communicate to any audience-- something that's going to be a huge factor in changing the warriors culture.

He's also a minister. "He and his wife pastor True Love Worship Center International in Van Nuys, California."

Funny shit.

wtf was that?

• RockadelicRockadelic Out Digging 13,993 Posts
    batmon said:
    wtf was that?

GenePontecorvo said:

Wow did not know dirk could block shots like that.

• 48 minutes. Carlisle might need to shorten the bench. JET/kidd/dirk/matrix/chandler is a good lineup. All others...not so much. Barea is killin us unfortunately.

i dont like this come from behind shit.

Marion.

batmon said:

Marion.
    even with his uneven play, he's been the catalyst for most of these dallas runs.

yikes. two ugly possessions to end it.

the third quarter was cool, but it was whistle-fest all through the fourth quarter. yawn.

gg Dallas, wade was ice fuckin cold.

• Options
    Cuban sure can't blame the refs for this one.

• yuichiyuichi Urban sprawl 11,331 Posts
    batmon said:
    i dont like this come from behind shit.

Marion.

Me neither, but Dallas is clearly outmatched in terms of talent.

Also don't like how no one outside of Dirk and Jet were looking for shots! Recipe for stagnant, predictable offense.

wade was ice fuckin cold.

Killin' em just like he did the first time.....Wade is baller supreme right now....

• NomoreGarciaparra said:
    Cuban sure can't blame the refs for this one.

That.

Out-rebounded them.

Got the TOs under control.

The one that got away.

We can play with this team.

Agree with Magic, needed more from the other starters.

I dunno if dallas can pull this off. Dirk has no luxury of having lebron like wade does. Dirk has to score 30+ per game for them to have a chance (5-1). Lbj took 14 shots only today yet had 9 assists and they won. You can only play catch up for so long. Dallas has now lost every quarter to miami except the fourth in game 2. And yes it looks like wade wants to jack lbj for finals mvp. He has become the 2006 wade in this series. Barea and peja are so god awful this series theyre killing the mavs. I would never in a million years have picked super mario>>>>>> dallas bench (except the matrix and possibly jt), but thats the way it seems.

• HorseleechHorseleech 3,830 Posts
    fckvwls said:
    Dallas has now lost every quarter to miami except the fourth in game 2.

Dallas won the last two quarters of the game tonight, by a whopping 3 points total.

But yeah, Dirk can't do this alone.

Yah but u get the point, constantly playing from behind and trying to fight back double digit leads gets to a team. Especially this late in the season. I see why the dallas bench was so successful in the west, the perimeter d was awful (lakers, okc). The athletic miami d is quite relentless when they try, and pretty much frustrates all in dallas except for dirk and marion to some degree. Unless jt or barea step up, this series is a wrap. Dirk quite simply cannot do this on his own.

• Actually Dallas was -7, +2, +2, +1.

G2 = tie, tie, -4, +6

G1 = +1, tie, -5, -4

3 ties, 5 Dallases, 4 Miamis.

We can play with this team. Our margin of lapses and misses is just smaller than theirs. The Mavs have to fight tooth and nail at every turn to counter the athleticism and precision of scheme they are facing.

Gene its wishful thinking. The big three plus insert any one random heat bench player who decides to show up (today it was super mario)>>> dallas. Flash and lbj dribble penetrated at will like most everyone predicted before the series started. Wade and lbj can close a game out just as well as dirk and they all have shown it this postseason. I had dallas losing in six, but this coulda easily have been a sweep.

fckvwls said:
    Yah but u get the point, constantly playing from behind and trying to fight back double digit leads gets to a team. Especially this late in the season. I see why the dallas bench was so successful in the west, the perimeter d was awful (lakers, okc). The athletic miami d is quite relentless when they try, and pretty much frustrates all in dallas except for dirk and marion to some degree. Unless jt or barea step up, this series is a wrap. Dirk quite simply cannot do this on his own.

THIS.

How do you stop this??