NBA PLAYOFFS BATCHES!

Comments

• fckvwlsfckvwls 178 Posts
    Lol i saw that, stick barea on lbj the rest of the way thru.

• batmonbatmon 27,574 Posts
    NomoreGarciaparra said:
    batmon said:
    When Detroit beat the Lakers, who had more stars?

It doesn't count when two of those stars needed walkers to get on the court. So I'd say Wallace and Wallace and Billups more than made up for the only two actual Lakers stars that year. Ben Wallace was in the middle of his stretch as the best defensive player in the league. It's not like he was a Dampier. Billups and Rasheed were better than anyone on either of this year's teams outside of Dirk, Wade, and LeBron.

Looking at the Laker/Pistons rosters from that year makes me realize how spotty the two current finalists are by comparison. Yikes.

Payton was 35 and still copped a ring later in his carrer. Malone was 40 and still was a savvy vet. Far from a bum.

Kobe and Shaq were in their primes. fuck age and all that shit.

Whomever plays better team basketball wins.

This years Lakers had two stars, Odom, Artest, and a resurging Bynum. They lost.

I cant co-sign the idea that stars automatically equals wins. There are far too many factors.

Yes there is an advantage in have 2 or 3 dominant players in your starting lineup but in no way does that mean an absolute win.

• RockadelicRockadelic Out Digging 13,993 Posts
    Dear Mike Bibby,
    Please keep shooting.

• motown67motown67 4,513 Posts
    NomoreGarciaparra said:

Is anyone really impressed by either bench?

Dallas has a bench, Miami barely.

• mattBmattB (FTB) Anywhere 673 Posts
    Wade drawing phantom fouls again.

• Options
    batmon said:
    NomoreGarciaparra said:
    batmon said:
    When Detroit beat the Lakers, who had more stars?

It doesn't count when two of those stars needed walkers to get on the court. So I'd say Wallace and Wallace and Billups more than made up for the only two actual Lakers stars that year. Ben Wallace was in the middle of his stretch as the best defensive player in the league. It's not like he was a Dampier. Billups and Rasheed were better than anyone on either of this year's teams outside of Dirk, Wade, and LeBron.

Looking at the Laker/Pistons rosters from that year makes me realize how spotty the two current finalists are by comparison. Yikes.

Payton was 35 and still copped a ring later in his carrer. Malone was 40 and still was a savvy vet. Far from a bum.

Kobe and Shaq were in their primes. fuck age and all that shit.

Whomever plays better team basketball wins.

This years Lakers had two stars, Odom, Artest, and a resurging Bynum. They lost.

I cant co-sign the idea that stars automatically equals wins. There are far too many factors.

Yes there is an advantage in have 2 or 3 dominant players in your starting lineup but in no way does that mean an absolute win.

Payton was 35 and basically done. His next season he played for Boston and he was incredibly awful. Yeah, he picked up a mercy ring in Miami a year later. I hope he enjoys it, but to pretend he was a "star" at this point in his career is just wrong.

Malone managed less than half his career playoff scoring average in the Finals and retired afterwards. He was done. No longer a star.

You know these things.

Laughing my ass off that you think of Artest this year as a "star." Crap, I guess Jason Kidd is still a star, then. And Bynum was "resurging"? Resurging from what?

To compare such lackluster stiffs to LeBron and Wade is just high comedy. If you're calling Ron Artest a star in 2011 you're stripping all meaning from the word.

NomoreGarciaparra said:

Laughing my ass off that you think of Artest this year as a "star." Crap, I guess Jason Kidd is still a star, then. And Bynum was "resurging"? Resurging from what?

He said two stars (Kobe & Gasol) PLUS Artest, etc.

Reading is fundamental.

• Options
    Rockadelic said:
    NomoreGarciaparra said:

He said two stars (Kobe & Gasol) PLUS Artest, etc.

Reading is fundamental.

True.

But it's not even worth mentioning Artest this year. The guy was in the toilet all year.

• Options
    batmon said:

No kidding. Please point to where I said anything about "automatic" or "absolute."

Reading as a fundamental goes both ways.

• HorseleechHorseleech 3,830 Posts
    Here we go again...

Peja doing his best bibby impersonation.

God it makes me physically ill watching someone in the finals of the top competition in the world shoot 30 - 40% from the free throw line with a different shot every time.

Marion has to stay aggresive.

mattB said:
    God it makes me physically ill watching someone in the finals of the top competition in the world shoot 30 - 40% from the free throw line with a different shot every time.

There are a zillion 6 foot dudes in any gym in the world that can shoot better free throws.

I can shoot better free throws.

None of us are 7 feet tall.

Rockadelic said:
    mattB said:

There are a zillion 6 foot dudes in any gym in the world that can shoot better free throws.

Exactly

• HorseleechHorseleech 3,830 Posts
    Rockadelic said:
    mattB said:

I remember years ago seeing a news story about some dude in his 80's who could sink 50 consecutive free throws on a regular basis, and had done as many as 100. He never even played when he was younger. When he retired to Florida he got bored and started shooting at a local court because nobody was using it.

• Options
    Rockadelic said:
    mattB said:

If they cared more about winning these guys who can't shoot free throws would try Rick Barry's diaper shot.

But that would look funny.

• somedaysomeday 4 Posts
    I want to see a pictorial representation entitled, "The Evolution of Mike Miller's Style: UF to Miami."

What an ugly game thus far. I feel like the conference finals spoiled us.

• Options
    fckvwls said:
    What an ugly game thus far. I feel like the conference finals spoiled us.

You don't like 35% shooting?

• Options
    Heat, 1-0. Wade for the win.

Until dallas can rebound (yes that means you dirk), make their bench the major factor that it was (shooting 24% this game i believe), and somehow force lbj and wade to stop being clutch, i dont see them doing much in this series.

Lbj best player in the world, and it pains me to say that.

• motown67motown67 4,513 Posts
    Was a luckluster game until the 4th when Miami suddenly exploded. I would've put the ball in Dirk's hands every possession the last couple minutes. Something happened with Wade because he looked like shit in the first half.

Jason terry did some stupid ass shit down the stretch. Do you guys stream the espn daily dime live? This shit is comedy gold. Pretty much everyone gets called out.

Run some more post ups for Marion.

Miami turned the corner late in the game. Dallas couldnt answer back.

Terry looked terrybull and Barea needs to finish those shots.

• Options
    Miami bench:

27 PTS 15 REB 3 AST

Dallas bench:

15 PTS 8 REB 4 AST

And Haslem and Chalmers were in there at the end for Miami.

I'm still not seeing this so-called Dallas depth.

It wasn't a matter of minutes, either. Dallas 78, Miami 84 in bench minutes.

But it's just the first game.

Yah batmon, dunno why they didnt use marion even more. The matrix was ridiculous tonite. I still dont know how his free throws go in?

• Options
    fckvwls said:
    Yah batmon, dunno why they didnt use marion even more. The matrix was ridiculous tonite. I still dont know how his free throws go in?

Really. When he shoots a free throw it looks like a frog vomiting up a golf ball.

NomoreGarciaparra said:
    fckvwls said:

Really. When he shoots a free throw it looks like a frog vomiting up a golf ball.
    At least it's a consistent puke. Not like the ones thrown up by that brick-layer Haywood.