The 2010 NFL Thread

Comments

• RETURN OF THE ALL-TORAIN VEHICLE!

• RAJRAJ tenacious local 7,779 Posts
    Can the Redskins be any more FAIL?

• DJ_EnkiDJ_Enki 6,471 Posts
    RAJ said:

I'm trying to think of a worse way to lose a game, and I'm having trouble coming up with one. Maybe if you snap the ball over the punter's head and out of the end zone for a game-losing safety?

Also: This Raiders-Jaguars game is pretty crazy. Nothing but big plays.

• The_NonThe_Non 5,691 Posts
    Brandon Spikes suspension is garbage. Meanwhile, dudes like Clay Matthews take steroids and nothing is done.

Phill With 2 Ls said:
    BobDesperado said:

Worst Move Ever - Building an enclosed stadium in Minnesota with a roof that can't handle 17 inches of snow.

Right? It's Minnesota you dumbasses! Being able to handle huge amounts of snow should be the number one concern, shouldn't it? Well, it works out great for us here in Philly- both the Giants AND Vikings' routine is gonna be all f**ked up now, and guess who our next two opponents are gonna be after we take down the Cowchips tonight? The Giants and the Vikings. Couldn't have planned it any better myself.

:snowman:

• Skins were horrible kicking the ball all day, Gano just barely made the first extra point but the kick at the end wasnt on him. Daryl Johnston called it, what a jinx Not sure I've ever seen a game end like that

• the Broncos actually look worse then they did under McD so far

• Pats vs Bears starting to look like Pats vs Oilers last year in the snow :game_over:

Phill With 2 Ls said:
    Pats vs Bears starting to look like Pats vs Oilers last year in the snow :game_over:

Seriously... Can any team touch the Pats at this point?

:micro:

• SoulOnIceSoulOnIce 13,027 Posts
    Pats absolutely destroy the Bears in Chicago, and the Jets can only manage 2 field goals at home to lose against the Dolphins. Yep, I would call this a VERY good day.

• RAJ said:
    Phill With 2 Ls said:
    Pats vs Bears starting to look like Pats vs Oilers last year in the snow :game_over:

Seriously... Can any team touch the Pats at this point?

:micro:

BELICHICK HAS THE TAPES AGAIN :necessary:

J.O.E.

• IN THE HUNT.

haha just kidding but damn. That was fun to watch.

feels weird to root against Forsett and Beast Mode, but I love seeing Pete Carrol fail.

• Options
    My picks are getting slammed left and right but it's hard to care very much after watching the Patriots destroy the Midwives of the Midway and knowing that the Jets may never get over last week's disembowelment.

Maybe Rex Ryan should try burying his quarterback this week. Burying the ball didn't do shit.

• Options
    It must suck to be a Houston Texans fan. Kind of like undergoing recreational heart surgery every week for 4 months.

• Week 14 Results:

The Warriors: Ed and Harvey on top this week going 13-3
    The Riffs: DB Cooper and myself going 11-5
    The Baseball Furies: Rock and Bob going 10-6
    The Lizzies: Phill Most calling 9-7
    The Orphans: Raj who gambled and lost going 6-10

Thanks for playing folks!

• HarveyCanalHarveyCanal "a distraction from my main thesis." 13,234 Posts
    Week15:

Chargers > 49ers
    Dolphins > Bills
    Buccaneers > Lions
    Cardinals > Panthers
    Saints > Ravens
    Colts > Jaguars
    Giants > Eagles
    Bengals > Browns
    Texans > Titans
    Cowboys > Redskins
    Rams > Chiefs
    Falcons > Seahawks
    Steelers > Jets
    Raiders > Broncos
    Patriots > Packers
    Bears > Vikings

• JectWonJectWon (@_@) 1,654 Posts
    RAJ said:

It's hard out here for a Skins fan....

• edpowersedpowers 4,437 Posts
    Chargers > 49ers = duh

the rest later

• it's a slow day at work, no one is here (ice skated my whole way in). i am throwing my hat in the ring for week 15...

chargers over niners (san deigo's defense wins this game)

browns over bengals (fuck the gals)
    boys over skins (dallas is looking strong, washington is not)
    texans over titans (titans were shut out in week 12, i forecast atleast 3 points for them this weekend)
    colts over jags (we need this)
    cheifs over rams (zzz)
    bills over dolphins (the fins suck at home)
    lions over bucs (this one is a toss up, im giving it to detroit after seeing them hold the packs last week)
    panthers over cards (carolina wins at home)
    saints over ravens (will baltimore stand a chance against the saints passing?)
    eagles over giants (the g men are tired after all of their travel issues)
    falcons over hawks (atlanta needs this more)
    steelers over jets (the jets lost any mojo they thought they had)
    raiders over broncos (denver continues to lose)
    pats over packers (new england is going to the super bowl)

bears over vikings (favre may play but won't start, chicago doesn't care either way)

• DB_CooperDB_Cooper Manhatin' 7,823 Posts
    Chargers over 49ers
    Chiefs over Rams
    Texans over Titans
    Colts over Jaguars
    Cardinals over Panthers
    Browns over Bengals
    Dolphins over Bills
    Eagles over Giants
    Cowboys over Redskins
    Buccaneers over Lions
    Ravens over Saints
    Falcons over Seahawks
    Steelers over Jets
    Raiders over Broncos
    Patriot over Packers
    Bears over Vikings

YeahThatJustHappened over Ryan Leaf

• Options
    Chargers > Niners. I'd love to see Rattus normegicus lose here, but Rivers will whine and punk his way to a win.

The rest later.

OK... Enough Upset Specials.

Chargers > 49ers Bolts make a run to take over the division and make the Playoffs
    Rams > Chiefs Chiefs are nothing without Cassell.
    Texans >Titans Texans will finish the job and win one against the ailing Titans
    Colts > Jaguars STILL not a Jag believer. Never count out Peyton.
    Cardinals > Panthers I like this Skelton guy.
    Bengals > Browns Jake Delhomme sucks.
    Bills > Dolphins Phins offense sucks... The D is pretty good, but I just can't see them containing the Bills pass game.
    Giants > Eagles G-men can contain Vick.... The two headed monster running game will rear its ugly head.
    Cowboys > Redskins Redskins = King of Fail
    Buccaneers > Lions Yawn
    Saints > Ravens Brees vs. Flacco. I'll take Brees.
    Falcons > Seahawks Sweet jesus this game will be a blow out.
    Steelers > Jets Jets D might kill Ben... but Sanchez is more of a liability. Another defense showcase for the the Steelers.
    Raiders > Broncos Yawn
    Patriots > Packers Please Aaron Rodgers play this game and make it altleast a close one.
    Bears > Vikings being played outside in Minnesota. Ice Bowl part deux?

• HarveyCanalHarveyCanal "a distraction from my main thesis." 13,234 Posts
    Picked this up yesterday and read the whole danged thing last night, highly recommended...

My personal favorite black qb of all-time = Nickie Hall, who played for Tulane in the late 70's and did a brief stint as a back-up with the Packers.

Oh yeah, and I still stand by my dude Aaron Brooks.

• edpowersedpowers 4,437 Posts
    Forty million dollar slaves by Rhoden is also excellent.

Raj, I'm rooting for yer boys to knock the J-E-T-S right out of the playoffs! GO STILLERS!

• Please take time to read this great article about #29 in black-and-gold, undrafted rookie RB Chris Ivory, who leads the defending World Champions in rushing yards.

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news;_ylt=AgpTEZuhsKnFDZMM8W7fb9pDubYF?slug=lc-ivorysaints121610

These are the teams that will win this week:

Chargers
    Rams
    Panthers (ugh)
    Giants
    Buccaneers
    Bengals
    Dolphins
    Cowboys
    Colts
    Saints
    Titans
    Seahawks
    STeelers
    Raiders
    Patriots
    Bears

• I also got the Chargers winning tonight. Hope to get to the rest tomorrow.
    Why does everyone at work insist on everything getting done/starting a bunch of new projects, before the New Year? The sun will still rise in 2011, fml.

• NFL WEEK 15

It's coming down to the wire so this week I'm not going with hunches, not factoring in home field advantages, trends, none of that. I'm just picking the teams that I think are better and we'll see how that works (lord knows none of my other methods have been working). MAY THE BEST TEAM WIN

BOLTS over NINERS - (I'm a little late with this one but c'mon... it's kinda a no brainer, isn't it?) I know a lot of people are still hoping that SF can somehow win the West and get into the playoffs... no. Even as bad as the West is, it's not gonna happen. This is a very, very weird season, where a 7-9 team is probably gonna win the NFC West and host a playoff game, yet legitimately very good teams like the Chargers and Packers may not get in.
    SAINTS over RAVENS - They're the better team- numbers don't lie. Of course I would normally pick the cold weather home team hosting a game against a southern dome team, but I'm just trying something different here.
    CARDS over PANTHERS - I guess everybody's better than the Panthers. Even Arizona with Red Skelton at QB..
    BROWNS over BENGALS - Browns let me down last week by letting the Bills take their lunch money, so I'm not confident at all about this one.
    COWCHIPS over DEADSKINS - I heard rumors that Grossman may be starting on Sunday... yeeesh
    COLTS over JAGS - still not believing the Jaguars are for real, so yeah, I say even the Colts at 50% is the better team.
    PHINS over BILLS - Miami still shows flashes of being a halfway decent squad. Just not enough flashes for it to mean shit.
    EAGLES over giANTS - Philly @ Atlanta for the NFCC... the dramatic scenario is already being laid out
    CHIEFS over RAMS - If Cassell plays; if not then I think the Rams will be the better team and will win (wow... Matt Cassell a difference maker? I guess he is judging from last week's game against SD)
    BUCS over LIONS - The Lions time is definitely coming, though... a good draft, good health and a good collective bargaining agreement with the players' union will make them a playoff team in 2011 GUARANTEED.
    TEXANS over TITANS - I really think Bud Adams is gonna choose Vince Young over Jeff Fisher this off season. Can't say that VY is the answer, but I think it actually might be a good thing to let Fisher walk. Like I said about Marvin Lewis and Gary Kubiak last week... you've had enough time, Jeff Fisher.
    FALCONS over SEAHAWKS - This I would normally pick as an upset (because I think Atlanta is due and also because I don't think they're as good as their record indicates), but the Falcons are clearly the better team, so they get my vote.
    RAIDERS over BRONCOS - The interim coaches wilding out phenomenon is clearly over.
    STEELERS over JETS - Jets are reeling and need to bounce back in the worst way. But you don't bounce back against a steel curtain, you just splatter against it and drip down it. As the Jets and their pitiful offense will do on Sunday (blame has to go to the Sanchize, they've got too many good pieces on offense to be so ineffective)
    PATRIOTS over PACKERS - OMG, the Packers really may not even make the playoffs. The Patriots in Foxboro and a QB with a head full of marbles is the LAST thing Green Bay needs right now
    DA BEARS over VIKINGS - Playing outside at night in December in Minnesota is actually gonna be an advantage for Da Bears. Vikings have absolutely no faith in whoever is under center right now... they're not even gonna wanna show up for this game. And unfortunately WE pay the price of having to watch these bastards in primetime for the next 2 weeks as the networks force us to kiss Brett Favre's ass goodbye.