NBA OFFSEASON 2010: BRONMANIA aka FA INSANITY

Comments

• The_NonThe_Non 5,691 Posts
    All I want is the Knicks above .500. I don't think that's a helluva lot to ask for.

• edpowersedpowers 4,437 Posts
    Great move by the Knicks..Lebron or Wade were never going there.. Bosh is boring..and the Carmelo next year talk is nonsense

Why not pick up the most exciting player available and have him run up and down the court dunking 20 times a game in that dumb offense...it will fill seats...Amare is a stylish dude too...perfect for NY

I expect Shannon Brown to sign there also...
    The New York Flying Knicks > The Larry O'Brien

If Lebron is smart he will go to The Nets with Ray Allen and find a PF next year

Wade should sign with Chicago now....right now!

Houston needs to figure out a way to get Bosh

Boozer would be perfect on The Clippers

The Heat should move the team to Seattle

I meant PG not PF

• El PrezEl Prez NE Ohio 1,141 Posts
    batmon said:
    incompletejigsaw said:
    batmon said:
    incompletejigsaw said:
    I've said that this whole courting for LeBron was much ado about nothing. He's staying in Cleveland. And with Bosh likely coming by sign-and-trade, and Shaq most likely leaving, they can now WIN a championship. When Shaq came to Cleveland, they were actually WORSE than they were the year before.

Bosh who has NEVER been deep in the Playoffs, makes Cleveland go from Eastern Conference Finals flame-outs to better than Orlando, Boston, and The Lakers?

Bosh may not have much playoff experience, but experience isn't all to it. With LeBron, Bosh, Jamison, and WIlliams, a lot can be done to get them over the hump. With Shaq, they had to slow their game a bit just to get him involved. With Bosh, they can get back to that high-flying, quick-paced fastbreak basketball that they were used to.

Orlando I think is the best competitor to upstage Cleveland. But I felt they went backwards a bit when they acquired Vince Carter. He has flashes of brilliance, but he's not the reliable all-star that he used to be.

Boston is getting older. And with the possible adding of Shaq to their roster, they'll need electronic wheelchairs to make a fastbreak.

And the Lakers, although champions, couldn't even beat Cleveland in the regular season. If it was a Cleveland/LA Final, I bet you it would've ended in 5, possibly 6. Favoring Cleveland, that is.

GTFOHWTB!!!!!

THE REGULAR SEASON DONT MEAN SHIT!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Never again use the Regular Season to predict the Playoffs.
    Every fuckin B-ball head knows this, yet it still fuckin persists here in SS.

Boston beat Orlando and Cleveland(both had better REGULAR seasons) to get to the Finals.

The Lakers didnt "come together" until the Playoffs.

The Fast Break Offense didnt hasnt gotten Cleveland shit in the past.
    Byron Scott is too smart of a coach to start back w/ that Gimmick bullshit that doesnt work in the Playoffs.

Bosh is a good player but adding him to Lebronchitis and them isnt instant CHIP steez.

I agree with a lot of your post but I am still looking for Cleveland's "fast break" offense that we had in the past...we were always walking the ball up the court.....Byron Scott said during his presser that he plans on a "showtime" offense and that he plans to run.

• batmonbatmon 27,574 Posts
    sweatshop said:
    batmon said:
    incompletejigsaw said:
    batmon said:
    incompletejigsaw said:
    I've said that this whole courting for LeBron was much ado about nothing. He's staying in Cleveland. And with Bosh likely coming by sign-and-trade, and Shaq most likely leaving, they can now WIN a championship. When Shaq came to Cleveland, they were actually WORSE than they were the year before.

Bosh who has NEVER been deep in the Playoffs, makes Cleveland go from Eastern Conference Finals flame-outs to better than Orlando, Boston, and The Lakers?

Bosh may not have much playoff experience, but experience isn't all to it. With LeBron, Bosh, Jamison, and WIlliams, a lot can be done to get them over the hump. With Shaq, they had to slow their game a bit just to get him involved. With Bosh, they can get back to that high-flying, quick-paced fastbreak basketball that they were used to.

Orlando I think is the best competitor to upstage Cleveland. But I felt they went backwards a bit when they acquired Vince Carter. He has flashes of brilliance, but he's not the reliable all-star that he used to be.

Boston is getting older. And with the possible adding of Shaq to their roster, they'll need electronic wheelchairs to make a fastbreak.

And the Lakers, although champions, couldn't even beat Cleveland in the regular season. If it was a Cleveland/LA Final, I bet you it would've ended in 5, possibly 6. Favoring Cleveland, that is.

GTFOHWTB!!!!!

Boston beat Orlando and Cleveland(both had better REGULAR seasons) to get to the Finals.

Byron Scott is too smart of a coach to start back w/ that Gimmick bullshit that doesnt work in the Playoffs.

Bosh is a good player but adding him to Lebronchitis and them isnt instant CHIP steez.

I agree with a lot of your post but I am still looking for Cleveland's "fast break" offense that we had in the past...we were always walking the ball up the court.....Byron Scott said during his presser that he plans on a "showtime" offense and that he plans to run.

Mo Williams isnt Magic Johnson, Jason Kidd, Steve Nash, or Isiah Thomas, to have a Championship level FastBreak offense.

One should be able to run, but u need finishers. Those previous Cavs teams only had Lebron as the finisher. The rest of them were camping out waiting for the kickout.

I dont think Running (all the time) in the East is a good idea at all.

Get a real PG and u might have an chance.

Byron Scott has had the Luxury of Jason Kidd in New Jersey and Chris Paul in N.O. to run the break.

• HorseleechHorseleech 3,830 Posts
    The hype surrounding this years FA crop is getting ridiculous.

How many of these guys have ever won a championship? But now all of the sudden it's impossible to win one without them?

In the NYC papers it's a given that if the Knicks don't get Lebron they will never win it all, yet Lebron has never actually gone all the way himself.

Of course, I don't see the Knicks winning anything, but Lebron is not the reason why.

• maocontentmaocontent 559 Posts
    edpowers said:
    Wade should sign with Chicago now....right now!

If he signs w/ Chicago he's got a better chance of winning another ring & he'll get to see his kids more (soon to be ex-wife in Chi w/ custody).

If he re-signs w/ Miami he'll get an extra $30 million no one else can offer him & there's no personal income tax in FLA. (That $ will come in handy in light of the pending divorce.)

Should be interesting to see what he decides.

• edpowers said:
    Great move by the Knicks..Lebron or Wade were never going there.. Bosh is boring..and the Carmelo next year talk is nonsense

Why not pick up the most exciting player available and have him run up and down the court dunking 20 times a game in that dumb offense...it will fill seats...Amare is a stylish dude too...perfect for NY

I expect Shannon Brown to sign there also...
    The New York Flying Knicks > The Larry O'Brien

Completely agree. Watching Stoudemire his whole career here in PHX, thats is all he did. He's just not smart enough to do the little things it takes to win big games like box out, play defense, hustle, and be a leader. I hope he gets it together because he seems like a good person.

Horseleech said:
    In the NYC papers it's a given that if the Knicks don't get Lebron they will never win it all, yet Lebron has never actually gone all the way himself..

The NY media are a bunch of overdramatic crybabies.

In Lebron's defense he had been to the Finals.....at least.

And that was the Larry Hughes,Sascha Pavovic,Gooden, and Z team.

• El PrezEl Prez NE Ohio 1,141 Posts
    sweatshop said:
    batmon said:
    incompletejigsaw said:
    batmon said:
    incompletejigsaw said:

GTFOHWTB!!!!!

Mo Williams isnt Magic Johnson, Jason Kidd, Steve Nash, or Isiah Thomas, to have a Championship level FastBreak offense.

One should be able to run, but u need finishers. Those previous Cavs teams only had Lebron as the finisher. The rest of them were camping out waiting for the kickout.

I dont think Running (all the time) in the East is a good idea at all.

Get a real PG and u might have an chance.

Byron Scott has had the Luxury of Jason Kidd in New Jersey and Chris Paul in N.O. to run the break.

OK you are right we do need a better PG...point taken...

• yuichiyuichi Urban sprawl 11,331 Posts
    The moment of truth (no Paul Pierce) is coming for the Knicks and Cavs on Thursday...

"I'm going to the Los Angeles Clippers."

Freeway series.

• mannybolonemannybolone Los Angeles, CA 15,025 Posts
    yuichi said:
    The moment of truth (no Paul Pierce) is coming for the Knicks and Cavs on Thursday...

"I'm going to the Los Angeles Clippers."

Freeway series.

aka Bill Simmons' wet dream.

• white_teawhite_tea 3,262 Posts
    So Bosh and Wade to Miami, and LeBron to announce his decision on a prime-time, one-hour ESPN special. It has officially been taketh there.

Hypothetically, if LeBron joins a new super-big three in South Beach, do you think the league brass would see that as a good or bad thing? Seems to me that Pat Riley would have orchestrated a beyond-New York Yankee-ian concentration of power. While it would certainly be motivated by a generous helping of assurtedness, I would probably not tune into much of the regular season. It would just be too hard to compete with that. I mean, smashing the Bulls' 72-win season and winning the championship would just be expected. The only joy I would get would be if the HEAT loses.

Wade and Bosh aint scary to me.

Lebron,Bosh Wade still aint enuff IMO.

Bosh is the weak link IMO. I dont see him as the answer in the Post.

Lets say Lebron joins them, I still think they need a In the Paint big man, vs three jump shooting perimieter dudes.

Where is Boozer going now that Miami and NYC have the Big spots sewn up?

• faux_rillzfaux_rillz 14,343 Posts
    I really think that he's resigning with Cleveland and that that's always been his intention.

If that occurs, it will confirm what I've come to suspect during the course of this process: that he is smalltime, parochial and doesn't really care about winning or legacy.

He'll never get a ring there.

Imagine the streets this week if he does come to NYC.

Mad doo-doo on car grills.

• keithvanhornkeithvanhorn 3,855 Posts
    it makes no sense for lebron to leave cleveland if he is concerned with his legacy. jordan didn't need to switch team to win a championship. second, staying loyal to cleveland of all places (where he actually grew up) would be the ultimate good-guy move. i don't think lebron wants to play the greedy villain.

i think he stays put.

• HarveyCanalHarveyCanal "a distraction from my main thesis." 13,234 Posts
    white_tea said:
    P.S. Wrong place but I'm surprising there's no JaMarcus Russell sippin' the sizzurp thread.

keithvanhorn said:
    it makes no sense for lebron to leave cleveland if he is concerned with his legacy. jordan didn't need to switch team to win a championship. second, staying loyal to cleveland of all places (where he actually grew up) would be the ultimate good-guy move. i don't think lebron wants to play the greedy villain.

i think he stays put.

I heard he's clearly made it clear that he's an AKRON dude not a CLEVELAND dude.

But yeah, I'd like him to stay, but if he has any aspirations of enlarging his brand, get out of that small town NOW.

Byron Scott is a very good look.

So he signs w/ them. Who joins that team? The current squad need a little help.

• maocontentmaocontent 559 Posts
    batmon said:
    The current squad need a little help.

You could argue that the current squad has been a 60 win regular season team the past two seasons that exited the postseason early b/c they failed to stick w/ the stuff that worked for them during the regular season. Late season addition of Jamison threw off their rotation, and they didn't make the proper match up adjustments vs. Boston where they had advantages in quickness and youth. So maybe the coaching change addresses that to some degree. That said, it's questionable as to whether Lebron's enough of a leader to galvanize a team when the pressure's really on. I don't know what happened to the guy who singlehandedly took out Detroit in the playoffs a few years ago. The past two years dude's always biting his nails looking nervous when it's crunch time.

• G_BalliandoG_Balliando 3,916 Posts
    I, too, think Lebron will stay. It makes sense. I still wish he would go to Chicago, but whatever.

I heard some locals talking about the possibility of Denver getting Al Jefferson. Not sure how I feel about that. He plays no defense and isn't a true Center. I would like to see a truer Center on this team and get Nene over to the 4 where he can play his game more naturally. If there's a way to package up Kenyon and JR for that piece and another backup guard, I would be happy.

I dont think Rose and Lebron can mesh.

• Options
    Newsday's saying he's going to Miami. If so, he's a prick, and I hope his first game back in Cleveland makes him cry.

There's just no excuse for this TV announcement hour if he's leaving Cleveland. That's just diva asshole behavior of the highest order. I hope the report is wrong.

• marumaru 1,450 Posts
    Man, I hope he doesn't go to the Heat. He needs to stay in Cleveland - he knows it, everyone knows it. BTW this is pretty funny:

http://deadspin.com/5581889/lebron-james-is-a-cocksucker

• pcmrpcmr 5,591 Posts
    bosh to the heat
    TO better get something back
    collangelo's time to prove himself

• ReynaldoReynaldo 6,054 Posts
    Heat. Loyalty is soft. He's already got money; now it's time to win. Lakers.

batmon said:
    I'd like to see Lebron, Wade, and STAT in Miami.

• Jonny_PaycheckJonny_Paycheck 17,825 Posts
    I think going to Miami would make Lebron look like a heel. is that what he's going for with his brand?

• RockadelicRockadelic Out Digging 13,993 Posts
    Jonny_Paycheck said:
    I think going to Miami would make Lebron look like a heel. is that what he's going for with his brand?

If LeBron & Bosh go to Miami they should schedule the Washington Generals for all 82 games.