b/w

Where/What is Miami's bench?

Wade SG
    LeBorrow SF
    Beasley - PF???
    Bosh - PF
    Shaq - C
    Haslem - PF/C

Shaq ?! ....not gonna happen......Shaq burned that bridge as soon as he got to Phoenix.......

a little birdy told me Riley offered Shaq a redemption deal.........rumours.......BWAASAAAHHHHahhaha

• faux_rillzfaux_rillz 14,343 Posts
    Dan Gilbert and his abuse of quotation marks has singlehandedly convinced me to ride with Miami

• RockadelicRockadelic Out Digging 13,993 Posts
    For you dudes into "Brands" and "Kicks" and only care about a month of hoops because "the regular season don't mean shit" I'm sure this is a good move......it fits into the current model of fandom.

For the folks who support any one of the 24 franchises that won't have a glimpse of hope on opening day this just made that gap wider......and for the NBA, business wise, that is not a good thing.

And Cleveland took the biggest blow.

• faux_rillzfaux_rillz 14,343 Posts
    Stop playing

I need to see Shaq in Dallas

It's the perfect union of the most loathsome player with the most loathsome team

faux_rillz said:
    Stop playing

I need to see Shaq in Dallas

It's the perfect union of the most loathsome player with the most loathsome team

Especially since we missed out on the Ronny Turiaf sweepstakes.

• Jonny_PaycheckJonny_Paycheck 17,825 Posts
    Flex was yelling that LeBron is going to Miami to be "3rd Banana".

Hov might need to make a phone call!

• SnappingSnapping 995 Posts
    Horseleech said:
    resk said:
    Amare is gonna be the next Shawn Marion; a bust withOUT Nash. I am soooooooo glad Miami didn't get stuck with him (I still have nightmares of having to see "the matrix" play in a heat uniform)

Now that the dark shadow of the Dolan empire has fallen over him, Stoudemire's rapid decline will soon commence.

David Lee will emerge as twice the player at half the price and the Knicks won't have anything resembling a team for at least 4-5 years.

Word is David Lee will be in a Warriors uniform next year. Obviously he doesn't mind going from fusked up dysfunctional team to another.

• edpowersedpowers 4,437 Posts
    Beasley just got dumped on Minnesota.......

Dan Gilbert just took a dump on hisself.......

• JimBeamJimBeam Seattle. 2,012 Posts
    yeah. lee to gsw for randolph, azibuike and turiaf.
    it's such a lopsided (in ny's favor) trade, I can't quite wrap my brain around it.

plus it adds 80 mil to owed salaries in the middle of a team sale process, which i'm sure the bidders are totally excited about.

the management is so fucked, it's like they're setting the place on fire as they walk out the door.

• mylatencymylatency 10,475 Posts
    Rockadelic said:
    For you dudes into "Brands" and "Kicks" and only care about a month of hoops because "the regular season don't mean shit" I'm sure this is a good move......it fits into the current model of fandom.

For the folks who support any one of the 24 franchises that won't have a glimpse of hope on opening day this just made that gap wider......and for the NBA, business wise, that is not a good thing.

^^^YUP

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_rich_get_richer_and_the_poor_get_poorer

• edpowersedpowers 4,437 Posts

makes sense now.......Jordan's #23 is retired by The Heat and Bulls.........

• The_NonThe_Non 5,691 Posts
    batmon said:
    Cleveland is dead

Maybe Ehlo, Price and Daugherty will unretire and save the Cavs with amazing basketball play inspired by Glucosamine and Chondroitin.

• luckluck 4,077 Posts
    LeBron = gaping asshole.

• edpowers said:
    Dan Gilbert just took a dump on hisself.......

Dear Cleveland, All Of Northeast Ohio and Cleveland Cavaliers Supporters Wherever You May Be Tonight;

As you now know, our former hero, who grew up in the very region that he deserted this evening, is no longer a Cleveland Cavalier.

This was announced with a several day, narcissistic, self-promotional build-up culminating with a national TV special of his "decision" unlike anything ever "witnessed" in the history of sports and probably the history of entertainment.

Clearly, this is bitterly disappointing to all of us.

The good news is that the ownership team and the rest of the hard-working, loyal, and driven staff over here at your hometown Cavaliers have not betrayed you nor NEVER will betray you.

There is so much more to tell you about the events of the recent past and our more than exciting future. Over the next several days and weeks, we will be communicating much of that to you.

You simply don't deserve this kind of cowardly betrayal.

You have given so much and deserve so much more.

In the meantime, I want to make one statement to you tonight:

"I PERSONALLY GUARANTEE THAT THE CLEVELAND CAVALIERS WILL WIN AN NBA CHAMPIONSHIP BEFORE THE SELF-TITLED FORMER ???KING??? WINS ONE"

You can take it to the bank.

If you thought we were motivated before tonight to bring the hardware to Cleveland, I can tell you that this shameful display of selfishness and betrayal by one of our very own has shifted our "motivation" to previously unknown and previously never experienced levels.

Some people think they should go to heaven but NOT have to die to get there.

Sorry, but that's simply not how it works.

This shocking act of disloyalty from our home grown "chosen one" sends the exact opposite lesson of what we would want our children to learn. And "who" we would want them to grow-up to become.

But the good news is that this heartless and callous action can only serve as the antidote to the so-called "curse" on Cleveland, Ohio.

The self-declared former "King" will be taking the "curse" with him down south. And until he does "right" by Cleveland and Ohio, James (and the town where he plays) will unfortunately own this dreaded spell and bad karma.

Just watch.

Sleep well, Cleveland.

Tomorrow is a new and much brighter day....

I PROMISE you that our energy, focus, capital, knowledge and experience will be directed at one thing and one thing only:

DELIVERING YOU the championship you have long deserved and is long overdue....

Dan Gilbert
    Majority Owner
    Cleveland Cavaliers

wow

• ReynaldoReynaldo 6,054 Posts
    PUT A RING ON IT

• ReynaldoReynaldo 6,054 Posts
    No state income tax in FL either. No brainer.

• batmonbatmon 27,574 Posts
    Rockadelic said:

Currnet model of fandom.............

"Everybody should have an equal chance to win a ring"

• yuichiyuichi Urban sprawl 11,331 Posts
    Reynaldo said:

Yes. Colin Cowherd said it best....

Miami is a destination spot.

Miami > Cleveland

• faux_rillz said:
    Dan Gilbert and his abuse of quotation marks has singlehandedly convinced me to ride with Miami

it was the most painful thing i've read in a long time. i imagined him doing finger quotes each time as he furiously smashed the keyboard with his ringless fingers.

• kitchenknightkitchenknight 4,922 Posts
    yuichi said:
    Reynaldo said:

Yes. Colin Cowherd said it best....

Miami is a destination spot.

Miami > Cleveland

Breath taking analysis from the world wide leader...

Don't think you need the citation to say that Miami is a "destination".

batmon said:
    Rockadelic said:

Currnet model of fandom.............

"Everybody should have an equal chance to win a ring"

So in what form or fashion will you be rooting for the Pacers this year??

• keithvanhornkeithvanhorn 3,855 Posts
    vintageinfants said:
    faux_rillz said:

it was the most painful thing i've read in a long time. i imagined him doing finger quotes each time as he furiously smashed the keyboard with his ringless fingers.

And is he mad that Cleveland's "hero" left....or is he mad that the Cavs will no longer make him "money"? Very few nba franchises are cash flow positive I'm sure the Cavs used to be one of the few...not anymore.

Also, when it comes down to it, Lebron is a professional entertainer. Were people burning Office dvds after Steve Carrel decided to make more money doing movies?

• motown67motown67 4,513 Posts
    Rock, I have been a Warriors fan for around 20 years now. Not once during that time have I ever felt that they had a chance to win the championship. That hasn't lessoned my love of the team. The idea that everyone team should have an equal chance to win the NBA title is a bunch of bullshit and has NEVER been true for the League, but shouldn't lesson anyone's commitment to their team.

motown67 said:
    Rock, I have been a Warriors fan for around 20 years now. Not once during that time have I ever felt that they had a chance to win the championship. That hasn't lessoned my love of the team. The idea that everyone team should have an equal chance to win the NBA title is a bunch of bullshit and has NEVER been true for the League, but shouldn't lesson anyone's commitment to their team.

Absolutely....BUT...you don't have the attitude that the regular season don't mean shit, because if you did, you wouldn't have watched many games in the last 20 years.

I've stated this before....I'd rather be the fan of a team that has 10 50+ win seasons and plays exciting/entertaining ball than a team that wins 2 championships and has 8 losing seasons.

You and I are the "old fandom model" that some would like to think is obsolete.

That being said, I think it's better for the NBA to have 10-12 teams that have a legit shot at a ring as opposed to 4-5.

• Options
    Meanwhile ex-Cavs center Mel Turpin killed himself yesterday.

Rockadelic said:
    motown67 said:

Absolutely....BUT...you don't have the attitude that the regular season don't mean shit, because if you did, you wouldn't have watched many games in the last 20 years.

I've stated this before....I'd rather be the fan of a team that has 10 50+ win seasons and plays exciting/entertaining ball than a team that wins 2 championships and has 8 losing seasons.

That being said, I think it's better for the NBA to have 10-12 teams that have a legit shot at a ring as opposed to 4-5.

When in the history of the L post ABA merger, there exist a DOZEN elite teams?

I dont recall ever seeing 8 other teams that could challenge The Lakers/Celtics, Houston, Spurs,Chicago, Detroit, Lakers during their dynasties.

THE REGULAR SEASON DONT MEAN SHIT is for dudes who think winning 50+ games equates to similar success in the Playoffs where the intensity increases and one can make adjustments night in and night out.
    Its two different games. This is common knowledge.

Being a fan for a 10 seasson 50+ team is cool, but there are fans out there that will stick w/ their Clippers and Bucks because they are fans of the TEAM. Not their win-streaks or banners.

im a Pacer fan. They had a very long Playoff appearence streak. That has gone to shit since the brawl. I will stick w/ them. I have no reason to switch to OKC or whatevers the cool team of the month.

batmon said:
    Rockadelic said:
    motown67 said:

I dont recall ever seeing 8 other teams that could challenge The Lakers/Celtics, Houston, Spurs,Chicago, Detroit, Lakers during their dynasties.

THE REGULAR SEASON DONT MEAN SHIT is for dudes who think winning 50+ games equates to similar success in the Playoffs where the intensity increases and one can make adjustments night in and night out.

Being a fan for a 10 seasson 50+ team is cool, but there are fans out there that will stick w/ their Clippers and Bucks because they are fans of the TEAM. Not their win-streaks or banners.

im a Pacer fan. They had a very long Playoff appearence streak. That has gone to shit since the brawl. I will stick w/ them. I have no reason to switch to OKC or whatevers the cool team of the month.

I hear you....the Mav's were the worst sports franchise on earth pre-Cuban and I still stuck with them.

I like to see good COMPETITIVE ball throughout the L for an 82 game season.

What happened yesterday made the overall league just a little less competitive.

If you're not a Miami fan I don't see how you could not hate on the "overnight elite" status of the Heat.

And if in order to compete, Cuban goes out and gets Chris Paul, New Orleans can join the ranks of Cleveland as utterly hopeless and NOT entertaining......as a Mav's fan I want this to happen...as an NBA fan, it sucks that this is what it's come to....a dick/wallet measuring contest.

Rockadelic said:
    batmon said:
    Rockadelic said:
    motown67 said:

I hear you....the Mav's were the worst sports franchise on earth pre-Cuban and I still stuck with them.

If you're not a Miami fan I don't see how you could not hate on the "overnight elite" status of the Heat.

And if in order to compete, Cuban goes out and gets Chris Paul, New Orleans can join the ranks of Cleveland as utterly hopeless and NOT entertaining......as a Mav's fan I want this to happen...as an NBA fan, it sucks that this is what it's come to....a dick/wallet measuring contest.

When was it not about money.

batmon said:
    Rockadelic said:
    batmon said:
    Rockadelic said:
    motown67 said:

When you won championships with the players you drafted or traded for.

The NBA has not always had the "Hired Gun" mentality.....I know you are old enough to remember that time.

batmon said:
    Rockadelic said:
    batmon said:
    Rockadelic said:
    motown67 said:

When you won championships with the players you drafted or traded for.

The NBA has not always had the "Hired Gun" mentality.....I know you are old enough to remember that time.

But i dont think this LeBron deal was just about money or being a hired gun.
    Didnt he pass up NYC's money and endorsement deals to win in Miami alongside Wade.

I think someone like Shaq is more in that Hired Gun mode.