NBA OFFSEASON 2010: BRONMANIA aka FA INSANITY

Comments

• Jonny_PaycheckJonny_Paycheck 17,825 Posts
    a-when the moon hits your eye like-a big pizza pie thass Amare
    when the world seems to shine like you had too much wine that's Amare
    when Lebron makes you drool like-a pasta fazool that's Amare...

• batmonbatmon 27,574 Posts
    David Lee and STAT play the same position.

• Jonny_PaycheckJonny_Paycheck 17,825 Posts
    Obviously they're gonna deal Lee. But I struggle to see what the plan is. I mean, other than AmareJustDunkedOnSomeonetm?

Paul + Amare in NYC? Am I dreaming out of season?

• maocontentmaocontent 559 Posts
    yuichi said:
    Don't know the contract situations, but they got Tracy McGrady, Al Harrington, David Lee, and Eddie House among others.

Actually those guys were all expiring deals. Knicks had just five players under contract: Danilo Gallinari, Wilson Chandler, Toney Douglas, Bill Walker and Eddy Curry. And now six w/ Amar'e.

Curry should go.

Gallinari is probably the starting SF.

Harrington is a tweener like Antione jamison. Not big enuff to play PF and not skilled enuff for SF.

Chandler is cool.

I havent watched Bill Walker.

Duhon had too many expectations and should play in a half-court offense.

• HarveyCanalHarveyCanal "a distraction from my main thesis." 13,234 Posts
    Without Nash or someone like him (aka Chris Paul) setting Amare up on pick-and-rolls, STAT will fall FLAT.

• RockadelicRockadelic Out Digging 13,993 Posts
    Latest word down here is Bosh to Cleveland

Haywood & Barea to Miami for Beasley & Jermaine O'Neal

Shaq signs with Dallas

Rockadelic said:

Shaq signs with Dallas

Shaq/Jermaine,Dork,Beasley/The Matrix,Butler,Kidd....... :bizzo:

If Bosh pairs up w/ Lebron in Cleveland, who is gonna play w/ Wade in Miami?

Boozer?

batmon said:
    Rockadelic said:

Shaq signs with Dallas

Shaq/Jermaine,Dork,Beasley/The Matrix,Butler,Kidd....... :bizzo:

Oldest team in NBA history!!

Hoping for a breakout year from Roddy B and JET still a decent 6th man.

• johnshadejohnshade 577 Posts
    batmon said:

But D Lee gets all those boards that Stat doesn't. ;-)

Also, it's hard to predict how Stat will fare without Stevie Nash getting him all those easy looks... Who's gonna feed him the ball in NYC??

johnshade said:
    batmon said:

But D Lee gets all those boards that Stat doesn't.

Also, it's hard to predict how Stat will fare without Stevie Nash getting him all those easy looks... Who's gonna feed him the ball in NYC??

Does Lee gets those same boards w/ a more traditional system?

Lee benefits from D'Antoni's fire at will Offense.

• DJ_EnkiDJ_Enki 6,471 Posts
    johnshade said:
    batmon said:

Word is they're trying to pry Tony Parker away from the Spurs to handle that. As much as I'm a Parker fan, that shit won't work--he's not really a pass-first point guard like that. And yes, without Nash setting him up with easy hoops, Amare's gonna be in for a rude awakening.

DJ_Enki said:
    johnshade said:
    batmon said:

Word is they're trying to pry Tony Parker away from the Spurs to handle that. As much as I'm a Parker fan, that shit won't work--he's not really a pass-first point guard like that. And yes, without Nash setting him up with easy hoops, Amare's gonna be in for a rude awakening.

Like Shawn Marion.

• white_teawhite_tea 3,262 Posts
    Meanwhile, the Magic just gave Chris "Do" Duhon a four-year deal for $15 million. Eew.

Seems like my Chicago Bulls are, right now, the odd man out as far as the free-agent buzz goes. With a few days to go before LeBron announces his decision, I think the Bulls are right where they want to be! Ride the wave, baby.

P.S. Wrong place but I'm surprising there's no JaMarcus Russell sippin' the sizzurp thread.

• DJ_EnkiDJ_Enki 6,471 Posts
    batmon said:
    DJ_Enki said:
    johnshade said:
    batmon said:

Like Shawn Marion.

Exactly. Amare's convinced that he's The Man Who Towers Over Everybody, but he's just a medium dude standing on stilts named Steve Nash.

• I've said that this whole courting for LeBron was much ado about nothing. He's staying in Cleveland. And with Bosh likely coming by sign-and-trade, and Shaq most likely leaving, they can now WIN a championship. When Shaq came to Cleveland, they were actually WORSE than they were the year before.

Is Diesel a free agent? I thought he was on the books for another year.

incompletejigsaw said:
    I've said that this whole courting for LeBron was much ado about nothing. He's staying in Cleveland. And with Bosh likely coming by sign-and-trade, and Shaq most likely leaving, they can now WIN a championship. When Shaq came to Cleveland, they were actually WORSE than they were the year before.

Bosh who has NEVER been deep in the Playoffs, makes Cleveland go from Eastern Conference Finals flame-outs to better than Orlando, Boston, and The Lakers?

The Bosh sign-and-trade-to-Cleveland article mentions that Delonte West would be included. That seems like something that has fallen to the wayside: If Lebron stays, does Delonte have to go? Was the rumor about LBJ's mom true? Also, not that I expect any NBA reporter do actually you know, do some reporting on this, but can Delonte actually leave the country? Would he need approval to more or less move to Toronto?

• batmon said:
    incompletejigsaw said:
    I've said that this whole courting for LeBron was much ado about nothing. He's staying in Cleveland. And with Bosh likely coming by sign-and-trade, and Shaq most likely leaving, they can now WIN a championship. When Shaq came to Cleveland, they were actually WORSE than they were the year before.

Bosh who has NEVER been deep in the Playoffs, makes Cleveland go from Eastern Conference Finals flame-outs to better than Orlando, Boston, and The Lakers?

Bosh may not have much playoff experience, but experience isn't all to it. With LeBron, Bosh, Jamison, and WIlliams, a lot can be done to get them over the hump. With Shaq, they had to slow their game a bit just to get him involved. With Bosh, they can get back to that high-flying, quick-paced fastbreak basketball that they were used to.

Orlando I think is the best competitor to upstage Cleveland. But I felt they went backwards a bit when they acquired Vince Carter. He has flashes of brilliance, but he's not the reliable all-star that he used to be.

Boston is getting older. And with the possible adding of Shaq to their roster, they'll need electronic wheelchairs to make a fastbreak.

And the Lakers, although champions, couldn't even beat Cleveland in the regular season. If it was a Cleveland/LA Final, I bet you it would've ended in 5, possibly 6. Favoring Cleveland, that is.

• mannybolonemannybolone Los Angeles, CA 15,025 Posts
    incompletejigsaw said:
    If it was a Cleveland/LA Final, I bet you it would've ended in 5, possibly 6. Favoring Cleveland, that is.

Looks like it's not just Marcus who's been sipping on some sizzurp..

b/w

The entire playoffs were proof that "regular season doesn't matter."

incompletejigsaw said:
    batmon said:
    incompletejigsaw said:

Bosh may not have much playoff experience, but experience isn't all to it. With LeBron, Bosh, Jamison, and WIlliams, a lot can be done to get them over the hump. With Shaq, they had to slow their game a bit just to get him involved. With Bosh, they can get back to that high-flying, quick-paced fastbreak basketball that they were used to.

Orlando I think is the best competitor to upstage Cleveland. But I felt they went backwards a bit when they acquired Vince Carter. He has flashes of brilliance, but he's not the reliable all-star that he used to be.

Boston is getting older. And with the possible adding of Shaq to their roster, they'll need electronic wheelchairs to make a fastbreak.

And the Lakers, although champions, couldn't even beat Cleveland in the regular season. If it was a Cleveland/LA Final, I bet you it would've ended in 5, possibly 6. Favoring Cleveland, that is.

GTFOHWTB!!!!!

THE REGULAR SEASON DONT MEAN SHIT!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Never again use the Regular Season to predict the Playoffs.
    Every fuckin B-ball head knows this, yet it still fuckin persists here in SS.

Boston beat Orlando and Cleveland(both had better REGULAR seasons) to get to the Finals.

The Lakers didnt "come together" until the Playoffs.

The Fast Break Offense didnt hasnt gotten Cleveland shit in the past.
    Byron Scott is too smart of a coach to start back w/ that Gimmick bullshit that doesnt work in the Playoffs.

Bosh is a good player but adding him to Lebronchitis and them isnt instant CHIP steez.

• Big_StacksBig_Stacks "I don't worry about hittin' power, cause I don't give 'em nuttin' to hit." 4,670 Posts
    batmon said:
    incompletejigsaw said:
    batmon said:
    incompletejigsaw said:

GTFOHWTB!!!!!

THE REGULAR SEASON DONT MEAN SHIT!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Never again use the Regular Season to predict the Playoffs.
    Every fuckin B-ball head knows this, yet it still fuckin persists here in SS.

Boston beat Orlando and Cleveland(both had better REGULAR seasons) to get to the Finals.

The Lakers didnt "come together" until the Playoffs.

The Fast Break Offense didnt hasnt gotten Cleveland shit in the past.
    Byron Scott is too smart of a coach to start back w/ that Gimmick bullshit that doesnt work in the Playoffs.

Bosh is a good player but adding him to Lebronchitis and them isnt instant CHIP steez.

Let 'em know what's up, Batmon!!!

Peace,

Big Stacks from Kakalak

• motown67motown67 4,513 Posts
    Adding Bosh to LeBron in Cleveland doesn't do shit. Bosh is more of a face-up, jump tshooting four who doesn't have the body to be a real banger down low. If that's all Ceveland does they just treaded water.

• motown67motown67 4,513 Posts
    Rockadelic said:

Shaq signs with Dallas

That sounds fucking horrible for Dallas. I don't like Beasley at all and O'Neal is past his prime. Does he even play full seasons anymore????

motown67 said:
    Rockadelic said:

Shaq signs with Dallas

That sounds fucking horrible for Dallas. I don't like Beasley at all and O'Neal is past his prime. Does he even play full seasons anymore????

Both O'Neal's off the bench for Dallas is cool.

Beasley needs a new start, and come off the bench. Another tweener like Jamison and Harrington.

batmon said:
    motown67 said:
    Rockadelic said:

Shaq signs with Dallas

Beasley needs a new start, and come off the bench. Another tweener like Jamison and Harrington.

The question is......

Is Beasley the poor man's Kevin Durant or the homeless man's Kevin Durant?

Rockadelic said:
    batmon said:
    motown67 said:
    Rockadelic said:

Shaq signs with Dallas

The question is......

Is Beasley the poor man's Kevin Durant or the homeless man's Kevin Durant?

Beasley is stronger than Durant yet is no where near Durant's shooting skills.

I'd say Beasley is like a homeless shelter Grandmama.