mylatencymylatency 10,475 Posts
edited June 2010 in Strut Central
Amar'e just opted out.
:-(

Comments

• Jonny_PaycheckJonny_Paycheck 17,825 Posts
    So did Dirk, and Pierce.

• DJ_EnkiDJ_Enki 6,471 Posts
    That's not much of a surprise, is it? He pretty much announced he was going to during the season. I'm certainly interested to see who pursues him and where he ends up, though.

So here's an open question: Would you trade your team's superstar to get LeBron? Like, Mavs fans, would you swap Dirk for LeBron? Nuggets fans up for a Melo-LeBron switch?

• white_teawhite_tea 3,262 Posts
    ESPN just posted a set of predictions and consensus -- meaning, everyone -- said Bron-Bron would sign with the Bulls. That makes me sick to my stomach. When sports reporters are all thinking the same thing, they're usually wrong.

Suffice to say, it will be interesting to see how it plays out. I think Wade will quickly resign with the Heat and then Bosh will quickly sign with the Heat or the Bulls. I could definitely see STAT and Joe Johnson rejoining Mike Dan Tony for another go of eight seconds or less.

Could also see Lebron mulling over his decision of few days as the world waits. C-Booz and D-Lee will get paid the big bucks on some sloppy-seconds stylee.

• RockadelicRockadelic Out Digging 13,993 Posts
    DJ_Enki said:
    Like, Mavs fans, would you swap Dirk for LeBron?

Based on age....Yes

Rockadelic said:
    DJ_Enki said:

Based on age.... Yes

• batmonbatmon 27,574 Posts
    I'd like to see Lebron, Wade, and STAT in Miami.

Joe Johnson/Bosh - NYC

Im keeping my eye on Rudy Gay

white_tea said:
    Rockadelic said:
    DJ_Enki said:

Based on age.... Yes

Alright!!! Another Mav fan on the board!!!

Rockadelic said:
    white_tea said:
    Rockadelic said:
    DJ_Enki said:

Based on age.... Yes

Alright!!! Another Mav fan on the board!!!

You're funny.

I am a Bulls fan. However, I don't subscribe to the level of hate of all things Cuban like some of the other folks on the board. I tried to play with the Mavs on NBA Live 2010 several times and too many players -- Dork, Matrix, J-Kidd -- had such unique skill sets that I just couldn't make it happen. I don't really actively root for any Western Conference team (well, except for the Nuggets, Thunder and Oden the Manchild).

• HarveyCanalHarveyCanal "a distraction from my main thesis." 13,234 Posts
    I think Lebron, Wade, Bosh, and Donald Duck should all go to the Seattle Supersonics and then they should play 82 games against a team of USFL all-stars including Herschel Walker, Garry Anderson, Steve Young, and Marcus Dupree. They could flip a coin before each game to decide whether they are going to play basketball or football. Of course these games should all take place somewhere in Canada. Point being, I couldn't be any less interested in all of this empty talk about where people who apparently have nothing better to do think these NBA stars are going to wind up. And now since I just posted this nonsense about this nonsense, I guess I'm just as bad as Steven A. Smith.

• G_BalliandoG_Balliando 3,916 Posts
    DJ_Enki said:
    That's not much of a surprise, is it? He pretty much announced he was going to during the season. I'm certainly interested to see who pursues him and where he ends up, though.

So here's an open question: Would you trade your team's superstar to get LeBron? Like, Mavs fans, would you swap Dirk for LeBron? Nuggets fans up for a Melo-LeBron switch?

No. We'd have to start completely over, chemistry-wise. I assume we'll give it another run this year with the majority of our current line up to see if we can get a little more consistent. We need to shore up on bigs, otherwise, I think we're in decent shape. The big question for Denver is, will Melo take the 3 year deal that's on the table, will an opportunity to do something with Kenyon and/or Nene present itself this summer, and what is happening with Coach Karl. The scary thing is, Melo only wants the deal if the team will do something to get him some more help. I don't know what options they really have at this point, and if Melo decides to wait for free agency next summer, the Nuggets are effectively fucked. I coudl see packaging a deal with JR and Kmart or Nene for some more legit pieces, but the thign is, Nene and Kmart don't really add up to anybody who would be better than them, and I have no idea how the Nuggets will be able to work this. It will certainly be an interesting summer.

I still maintain that Lebron to the Bulls is the best option, although I'm skeptical of the coaching situation. Last I heard they were planning on hiring the Celtics assistant coach - who the Celtics said was a lifetime assistant and not cut out for head coaching. I don't know if a guy who's never been a head coach is going to be a smart pairing with Superlebron. Looks like they did hire Thibodeau. I probably spelled that wrong.

• I can see Amare or Bosh in Miami with Wade, Lebron in Chicago or New Jersey, and Dirk back in Dallas. I like Amare with the Suns but its hard to win when your best big man gets outrebounded by guards. LA, and Boston just prove that defense/rebounding wins championships. Bye Amare......hello David Lee.

• At the end of the day, LeBron is staying in Cleveland. I'm not a fan of his, but I don't see him leaving the city. YET, anyway. There's still that coaching position left in the open. There's still the question about who Cleveland is going to get rid of or attempt to get in order to appease LeBron. I say dump Shaq. He's big, but he doesn't strike fear in a player who's driving down the lane like he did in his early years with Orlando and L.A. Plus, it seems as of lately that he has made a team worse when he's playing, then they get BETTER when they release him. Phoenix last year to Phoenix this year. Although Chicago would make sense and he has a young nucleus of talented players that work hard, he would be under EVEN MORE scrutiny than he was in Cleveland. If you think the MJ comparisons now are bad, if he goes to Chicago those comparisons would be endless.

• mylatencymylatency 10,475 Posts
    thiskidnamed32 said:
    I can see Amare or Bosh in Miami with Wade, Lebron in Chicago or New Jersey, and Dirk back in Dallas. I like Amare with the Suns but its hard to win when your best big man gets outrebounded by guards. LA, and Boston just prove that defense/rebounding wins championships. Bye Amare......hello David Lee.

This may very well happen. I think Wade is the key to making a team great paired with Bosh or Stat.

• drewnicedrewnice 5,465 Posts
    A near-perfect balance of power would look like:

Joe Johnson & Amare in NY
    LeBron & Bosh in CHI
    Wade & Boozer in MIA

I think any more than two of those dudes on a single team would be a log jam. Too skrong.

I just hope that LeBron goes somewhere, anywhere but Cleveland.

That would make all these years of speculation worth every minute of the wait.

drewnice said:
    A near-perfect balance of power would look like:

Joe Johnson & Amare in NY
    LeBron & Bosh in CHI
    Wade & Boozer in MIA

I think any more than two of those dudes on a single team would be a log jam. Too skrong.

I just hope that LeBron goes somewhere, anywhere but Cleveland.

That would make all these years of speculation worth every minute of the wait.

No Rose in Chicago??

Joe Johnson is over rated.

• batmonbatmon 27,574 Posts
    Joe Johnson is complementary player. No Pippen.

someone had too much time on their hands
    I swear it wasn't me:

• motown67motown67 4,513 Posts
    Cleveland is going to hire Brian Shaw, Lakers assistant, as their new coach.

• DuderonomyDuderonomy Haut de la Garenne 7,784 Posts
    FA Insanity = what is FA?

Could also see Lebron mulling over his decision of few days as the world [strike]waits[/strike] watches the World Cup in South Africa

Fixed. Please to remember: Do not use the word 'world' in conjunction with minority sporting events happening in America or Bono will come down hard on your ass flossing mad stadium receipts.

• kitchenknightkitchenknight 4,922 Posts
    Whatever happens, Mylatency reminds me why I will always root against the internet.

• G_BalliandoG_Balliando 3,916 Posts
    FA = free agency. This is widely considered the most significant free agency in NBA history because there's a handful of perennial all-stars with nothing tying them down to any team as of today. Lebron, Bosh, Wade, Boozer, Stoudamire, etc.

• Options
    I hope this shit wraps up fast because I'm damn sick of it already.

nevermind, unconfirmed rumors

• motown67motown67 4,513 Posts
    NCAA investigating Kentucky as predicted the NCAA has begun an investigation into Calipari and his Kentucky basketball program. This is quicker than usual. The last couple times they looked into his programs after he left.

• pcmrpcmr 5,591 Posts
    AMARE WILL BE INSPIRED BY THE LIGHTS!

whaddup BATMON

it reads "STAT CITY" behind him

Dirk is staying in Dallas and every Mav fan is glad.

There are three rumors on what Cuban might do....

Trading for Michael Reasley which would be a terrible mistake.

Going after David Lee or Carlos Boozer which would not put us over the top,

Trading for Chris Paul which would immediately put the Mav's in the elite category.

• Jonny_PaycheckJonny_Paycheck 17,825 Posts
    Rockadelic said:

Trading for Chris Paul which would immediately put the Mav's in the elite category.

I was kind of hoping the Knicks would go for Paul.

• yuichiyuichi Urban sprawl 11,331 Posts
    Amar'e in New York is a good look for NY.

Don't know the contract situations, but they got Tracy McGrady, Al Harrington, David Lee, and Eddie House among others. They'd be loaded at the forward positions if they add Lebron, but no legit big man....Sounds similar to the situation he has with the Cavs.

If he stays in Cleveland though, I think I might become a bigger fan of his.

yuichi said:
    Amar'e in New York is a good look for NY.

Donnie Walsh has to land another big name AND a point guard to build around STAT otherwise he and D'Antoni might be ushering in another Isaiah era.