TAKE THAT SHIT TO THE-BRITS.COM

Comments

• PATXPATX 2,820 Posts
    Everyone needs to do this sort of thing at least once in their life.

Fucking awesome animation BTW

• magpaulmagpaul 1,314 Posts
    ROOONEY!

Can Skel explain the difference between salt-of-the-earth hooligans smashing the place up and these left-leaning idiots.

• JimsterJimster Cruffiton.etsy.com 6,896 Posts
    Can Skel give his views on the one VORDERMAN and her wardrobe vis-a-vis Pride of Britain Awards?

Could have been my imagination but the one Beatnick poasted a pic of VORDERMAN+daughter on Twitter that might be up your street.

(oh wait I found it)

God that match last night was boring.

• JuniorJunior 4,853 Posts
    Paul said:

God that match last night was boring.

I did my damnedest to avoid watching it as I had the feeling it was going to be a world of pain but sadly ended up in a pub with a load of Utd haters who helpfully kept up a running commentary with such pearls of wisdom as Tevez is great. we should sign Carroll etc etc. Still, helped keep my mind off the game itself.

Yeh. United are shit since they sold Tevez. He's better than Cristiano!

When is Fergie gonna get his hands on his beloved chequebook that he bought all his previous success with?

Any up and coming player that has been signed in the last 3 years is just a sign of United's lack of ambition.

• DocMcCoyDocMcCoy "Go and laugh in your own country!" 5,913 Posts

"Didn't quite catch that, Rio - who got merked?"

Paul said:
    Yeh. United are shit since they sold Tevez. He's better than Cristiano!

When is Fergie gonna get his hands on his beloved chequebook that he bought all his previous success with?

Any up and coming player that has been signed in the last 3 years is just a sign of United's lack of ambition.

Yep pretty much that in a nutshell though obviously my internal argument against these points was undermined when I saw Carrick limbering up to start. :(

Doc that picture is wrong in so many ways and really not doing my hangover much good.

To be fair Rio acknowledged said merkage on his twitter page.

I thought Carrick was impressive, much hand wringing from Man Utd fans about his 5/10 rating in The Sun.

Ha ha yeah Rio seemed almost as amused as me by it.

Did they really score Carrick 5/10? Haters gonna hate. All bias aside by the way I hold City entirely responsible for the sorry state of last night's derby. How you can play for a draw at home against a team ridden with injuries and illnesses when you have that kind of fire power at your disposal is beyond me.

Vorders/Daughter not a bad combo.
    Racquel Welch/Tahnee Welch also a good one (minus a few years).
    Yet Hawn/Hudson I find boner-softening.

Both teams seem daunted by the epic encounters we saw last season. Anyway this match doesn't merit any further discussion, it was a nothing encounter.

So Kanye West's album? pretty good right? I agree with Junior, it goes hard.

Damn straight, even in the cold light of day I will fight anyone who says differently.

So, Paul, Black Ops? Held off purchasing it and logged on the other day to see 8 of my friends list all logged into it. By all accounts it's gliltchy as hell and graphically wrong but I feel like I'll have to give in and buy it in the end as no one is bothering with Halo:Reach. Was considering picking it up on PS3 for a change but apparently it's a noticeably inferior port and part of the pain of being a multi-console owner is that you feel obliged to always get the best version.

Amusing coincidence that the day before COD: Black Ops came out, I finally managed to get my kill ratio above 1.0 on MW2. Only took me 15,000 kills/deaths!

I haven't copped because I just got FM2011 after playing the demo and getting hooked.

I'm not at all fussed if the single player sucks on Black Ops, I enjoyed W@W so all that Infinity Ward is the best mang shit doesn't wash with me. I really doubt it's gonna be worse than MW2 multiplayer, so just for the change in scenery I'll buy it.

Yeah the switch up to killstreak rewards, the removal of stopping power and the feedback I've had from friends that it's a more measured MP experience all mean that it's a case of when not if I get it. Sadly I never did sort out my K/D, a prestige and a half of absolutely sucking at the game alongside too many rage induced suicide runs foiled my later attempts to redeem myself.

This time I will not fail.

• OkemOkem 4,617 Posts
    Citeh just seemed tactically gutless last night. Too many defenders on the pitch as usual. It was just a real shame Balotelli wasn't around to start some shit.

-

My life has been begrudgingly stolen by Fallout New Vegass. I refuse to even consider copping COD for a while, otherwise I'm never going to get anything done.

It was toss up for me between Fallout New Vegas and Fable III as both previous versions were enjoyable games that the other half also wanted to play so we could combine "Quality Time" with gaming.
    The Dream. Both seemed to be glitch fests but in the end the better half won out and we went for Fable which is a jagged mess but still fun in its own way. Will definitely be picking up New Vegas at some point soon as Fallout 3 is still one of my favourite titles this generation. Sadly what with Halo, new COD, KZ3 and Crysis 2 all out or coming out in the next four months I feel my life is one endless FPS.

• OkemOkem 4,617 Posts
    TBH I could quite happily never search through another dank dingy tumbledown maze-like building, like some kind of heavily armed and medicate, obsessively compulsive tramp. I fucking hate it. But I love it. But hate it. There's one quest where I have to search through two derelict vaults. I've actually been avoiding it, like some kind of phobia. Going to the dentist is more appealing. At least there I wont get lost and spend 3 hours running around in circles looking for some godforsaken passkey bollocks.

Okem said:
    Citeh just seemed tactically gutless last night. Too many defenders on the pitch as usual. It was just a real shame Balotelli wasn't around to start some shit.

YES.

But when everyone wants you to fail, a point is progress. I would rather this than what happened last year.

Okem said:
    TBH I could quite happily never search through another dank dingy tumbledown maze-like building, like some kind of heavily armed and medicate, obsessively compulsive tramp. I fucking hate it. But I love it. But hate it. There's one quest where I have to search through two derelict vaults. I've actually been avoiding it, like some kind of phobia. Going to the dentist is more appealing. At least there I wont get lost and spend 3 hours running around in circles looking for some godforsaken passkey bollocks.

LOL! Yeah part of the reason I held off was that I still have nightmares about walking down endless tunnels desperately hoping that I've started off in the right direction before discovering hours later that I'm actually further away from my target than I started. Has to be the only game I've ever used a walkthrough for to tell me what the next stop on the underground should be. I'd happily spend the rest of my life not searching desk drawers for burnt books and scrap metal as well, yet, despite all that, I had more fun with it than most games I can remember in recent years.

• PATXPATX 2,820 Posts
    J i m s t e r said:
    Okem said:

YES.

But when everyone wants you to fail, a point is progress. I would rather this than what happened last year.

City may wear fancy boots these days but they are still deeply traumatized. As someone who watches very infrequently and has no idea who 60% of the players are these days, I'd say City did OK and Mancini can sleep easier. Yeah, the Real - Milan game earlier on was more entertaining even with a 37 year old goal hanger on pitch. but Berbatov DID nearly score a BK!

Did your workplace observe a minute's silence at 11:00 AM today for Armistice Day? Ours did, and we were warned yesterday that the fire alarm would sound at this time today, to signal the start of the minute.

So, 11 bells comes around, the alarm goes, everyone goes silent apart from one twat who starts shouting "Fire drill!" and starts to encourage people to evacuate.

Worst part is, he's ex-RAF (we call him Biggles). Anyway, it prompted some poetry from me which I thought I would share:

"Wartime violence
    Muddy hells

Minutes silence
    Eleven bells

All voices in the house are still,
    Except for Biggles ???

FIRE DRILL!"

Perhaps you'd have to be there?

I feel bad for any neutrals who watched it, you should have seen the last 4 Manchester derbies!

That Milan - Real 2-2 from the other week? That was class. Inzaghi = born offside.

Inzaghi stole his playing style from me and I want royalties... He is the King of being in the right place at the right time. Imagine what he would have done if he had skillz too?

• PATXPATX 2,820 Posts
    Paul said:
    I feel bad for any neutrals who watched it, you should have seen the last 4 Manchester derbies!

That Milan - Real 2-2 from the other week? That was class. Inzaghi = born offside.

Neutral? I was a neutral, and like most neutrals, I wanted a ManU non-win.

OK, so time difference obviously puts games a week late on my TV. Inzaghi reminds me of the forward on my first Sunday league team. He was lethal in front of goal, but also a pussy. One time it was hailing and he wanted to stay off at half time. Manager told him no. So then he gets through one on one with the goalie, drops his glove, and turns around to pick it up. Up in arms we were.

I think Inzaghi is able to head the ball, so he's one up on me right there. What put me off heading was seeing my team-mate Jason F*rbes totally mis-timing a cross and getting the ball right in the kipper, which knocked his front teeth out. I dunno, something inside me overrides any decision I make to put my head in front of a speeding object. I think the players earn every penny, I really do...

I also heard from my OG hommies that Jason F*rbes is a plumber now (I guess there wasn't too much work for a Jerry Dammers lookalike?)

Inzaghi's a player I've learnt to love to hate to love over the years. The man has one (bad) trick and yet his goalscoring record is phenomenal. Add to this the fact that his goal celebration is world cup winner worthy despite the unspectacular tap in nature of so many of his gaols and you have to admire the man for the immense amount of self love he gives to the world.

J i m s t e r said:
    dunno, something inside me overrides any decision I make to put my head in front of a speeding object

Paging Skel, secrets of youthful skin care routine finally come to light!

• DuderonomyDuderonomy Haut de la Garenne 7,784 Posts
    Junior said:
    J i m s t e r said:
    dunno, something inside me overrides any decision I make to put my head in front of a speeding object

Paging Skel, secrets of youthful skin care routine finally come to light!

• PATXPATX 2,820 Posts
    This thing made me hate the FA even more. Zero funding from the Soho Square millionaires.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/video/2010/nov/12/amputee-football

You can donate here
    http://www.everyclick.com/amputeefootball