TAKE THAT SHIT TO THE-BRITS.COM

Comments

• OkemOkem 4,617 Posts
    SOCCER!!

• alieNDN said:
    Dudes, thanks for the suggestions of Green Wing and Inbetweeners. Just started watching inbetweeners, its awesome. Cheers! Always open to more suggestions.

You should watch and animated show called Monkey Dust, it's really dark humour and one of the funniest shows i've seen. It only ran for three series but each one is great. I can't rate it highly enough.

• JimsterJimster Cruffiton.etsy.com 6,891 Posts
    http://www.reuters.com/news/pictures/slideshow?articleId=USRTXT5S9#a=13

Combo picture shows a robot produced by the electrical engineering department of the National Taiwan University mimicking the facial expressions of a human at the Taipei International Robot Show October 19, 2010. The yet-to-be-named robot, which consists of a life-sized head and torso, was designed to show basic emotions for improved interaction.

Terry?

• djwaxondjwaxon 411 Posts
    Mark Lawrenson?

• JuniorJunior 4,853 Posts
    Manuel?

By the way, enter that word into Google Images at your own risk. Dear God, my eyes.

• pcmrpcmr 5,591 Posts
    chicharito le mata a los lobos

• magpaulmagpaul 1,314 Posts
    Thank God for Hernandez.

In other news, Michael Owen gets injured again.

What does Duder make of John O'Shea on 80k a week.. makes you sick to see an Irishman do his thing right? He can definitely buy a lot of potatoes/explosives with it anyway.

• pcmrpcmr 5,591 Posts
    also benzema is now dead to Him

• This kid could be the new Ole Gunnar.

I believe United will go all out for Schweinsteiger and Bale in the summer.

• OkemOkem 4,617 Posts
    There was an interesting article in the Guardian yesterday about how ManCity will deal with the new rules about not exceeding turnover, with their spending.
    They need to be earning as much as ManU, in 2 years, to stop being penalized and kicked out of European cups. That's with if they don't add further to their squad. If they had have got to buy Ronney it would've been near impossible for them.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2010/oct/26/sheikh-mansour-manchester-city

• pcmrpcmr 5,591 Posts
    badder_than_evil said:
    This kid could be the new Ole Gunnar.

I believe United will go all out for Schweinsteiger and Bale in the summer.

those would be amazing additions
    pace and offensive defenceman

The way Rooney secured a ton of investment into United's future is absolutely disgusting.

• OkemOkem 4,617 Posts
    Paul said:
    The way Rooney secured a ton of investment into United's future is absolutely disgusting.
    After doubling his wages United won't be able to afford much of anything.

• pcmrpcmr 5,591 Posts
    pcmr said:
    also benzema is now dead to Him
    llorente to madrid rumours scare me

Okem said:
    There was an interesting article in the Guardian yesterday about how ManCity will deal with the new rules about not exceeding turnover, with their spending.
    They need to be earning as much as ManU, in 2 years, to stop being penalized and kicked out of European cups. That's with if they don't add further to their squad. If they had have got to buy Ronney it would've been near impossible for them.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2010/oct/26/sheikh-mansour-manchester-city

That's pretty crazy when you read the kind of figures being thrown about in there. I would expect some kind of first round cull this summer but if they want to continue to compete in Europe I guess they're stuck with some of the deadwood "local" players they've overspent for.

The little pea is awesome and is finding his feet far quicker than anyone could have hoped. I'm personally most concerned about what's going on with our back four.

No Tevez for the derby.

:whycry:

Will scupper the ol' Fatnasty Leeg too. Dreadful week for me last week. Why did I take out Bale?

I took out Bale and Cashley to buy Arshavin and then took Arshavin for Walcott. This is why I don't buy Arsenal players. Having said that, I'm subconsciously scuppering my FPL team week by week knowing that once it goes properly wrong I can give up and delete it once and for all.

Surely Citeh are comforted in the knowledge that cometh the hour, cometh the man, and Santa Cruz is waiting in the sidelines to prove why Sparky has such a crush for him.

• OkemOkem 4,617 Posts
    J i m s t e r said:
    No Tevez for the derby.
    There's a possibility he still might play, no?

-

I fail at FPL this season. No luck at all.

• DocMcCoyDocMcCoy "Go and laugh in your own country!" 5,913 Posts
    I'm having what's probably my best FPL season ever - studying the form, freshening the squad regularly, all that lark. I played my first wild card early, and cleaned out anyone who wasn't decent value for money on the points front, so there's been steady week-on-week progress. Two notable things I've done that I don't usually do is a) I've sacked off all the LFC players I picked in the first week, and b) I've broken an enduring FPL rule of mine and brought in United players. It hasn't made a huge difference yet, but I wouldn't say it's made no difference at all.

• can't check at the moment, but am I first in the fpl...?

I know I slipped about five places this week after getting the lowest score two weeks in a row. The sacrifice of Cole and Bale has pretty much gutted my point scoring central spine. Add to that Drogba's loss of form and Tevez's injury and I'm a hollow shell of the man who was riding high in early October. I just really can't muster the enthusiasm to read all the sky stuff anymore so I guess it's my own fault.

DocMcCoy said:
    brought in United players.

BAN.

;)

I think Tricky would have been ideal for this, no?

• DuderonomyDuderonomy Haut de la Garenne 7,784 Posts
    Paul said:

What does Duder make of John O'Shea on 80k a week..

I think Rooney's new wages are the bigger issue for Manure

Wayne Rooney's contract extension at Manchester United has presented the club with a tricky problem: to pay him what he wants may risk being unable to deliver the squad strengthening he has also demanded. Rooney's ??180,000-a-week wage will add at least another ??4.5m to the total staff costs. But while United think declining wages for some of the older players will ease things and point out that other players have at least two years on their contracts, Rooney's package has set a difficult new benchmark.

United's accounts, released this month, showed the wage bill had already risen from ??123.1m in 2008-09, when they won the Premier League, to ??131.7m last season, when they won only the Carling Cup. Other factors, not least a higher-rate tax increase from 40% to 50%, and the pound's weakness against the euro, the currency in which the big European clubs pay their players, will have a significant impact.

In their bond prospectus released in January, United stated: "There is a risk that ??? increasing player salaries and transfer fees [and Uefa's] financial fair-play initiative could limit our ability to acquire or retain top players and, therefore, materially adversely affect the performance of our first team."

Which all makes you wonder whether Rooney's little fit of pique ever really was about ambition at all.

^^^ Praying on United's downfall.

Yeah, there's nothing to say about Man U that hasn't been said in the past and proven wrong, but in the past Man U would simply spend their squad back into contention (Carrick, Hargreaves, Nani, Anderson, Tevez all around the 20 mil mark, Rooney closer to 30 mil, Ferdinand, Berbs, around the 30 mil mark). Aside from Hernandez, who is looking absolutely brilliant btw, you're not weighed down with exciting young talent pushing for squad places. In the immediate aftermath of the Rooney saga, I read that Ferg has been promised a 60 million war-chest. Could be hot-air to placate Ferg. Could be that he really will be allowed to spend some of that Ronaldo money. And if he does, it will only prove that Ferg's no-value-in-the-transfer-market comments were a huge load of fucking bullshit coming from a guy who's never in the past even blinked at spending massive sums on players.

Will be interesting to see what luck he has in actually attracting big names now that his neighbours are paying the kind of corn only the Glazers can afford in the red half of Manchester.

There's no doubt that Fergie likes to spend but he rarely blows his cash on big-name finished products that the media's always crying out for. Last one being Berbatov and before that Veron. (and look how that turned out).

Out of all the players you listed as part of the injection of cash/talent, only two (Rio & Roo) have moved past being merely squad players, most were purchased with a strategy that extends beyond ?????? for immediate Prem titles.

In an ideal world, every transfer would offer the type of value as the deals for Van Der Sar, Evra and Vidic.

Paul said:
    There's no doubt that Fergie likes to spend but he rarely blows his cash on big-name finished products that the media's always crying out for. Last one being Berbatov and before that Veron. (and look how that turned out).

I thought I'd save your blushes with Veron! If 20 mil isn't blowing cash then I don't know what is. You're either buying unproven talent at unproven talent prices, or you're spending big on players that you think are worth the money - there aren't that many teams in the world that have spent 20 million on a player, let alone 30 million. If those 20 million players represented good market value when they were bought, what the hell has changed? Only possible answer is Ferg's wallett.

Last season UTD had lost Tevez & Ronaldo. Obviously needed some attacking players to help Rooney (who did a great job of carrying the fight on his own, but the league & Champs league challenges both fizzled out as soon as he went awol with injury). Still can't believe that Ferg had the money to spend, as he declared he did, and didn't put in a bid for Sneijder for example for 11 mil, yet 7.4 mil was spent on 'Bebe' a season later after UTD had won nothing... which infers that it was only on-field failure that pushed the Glazer's into releasing some funds, and it was a paltry amount compared to spending in previous seasons.

Who's Ferg tapping up then? Bale won't come cheap.

I'm happy to see Fergie willing to take risks on expensive up-and-comers, C Ronaldo being the best example of this policy. I'd rather see Smalling at United for 12 mil than any number of 27+ year old 'name' defenders or 8 million on Bebe as opposed to Van Der Vaart.

• OkemOkem 4,617 Posts
    8mil for VdV is a steal, he's practical a world class midfielder.
    8mil for Bebe is a joke compared.