TAKE THAT SHIT TO THE-BRITS.COM

Comments

• DocMcCoyDocMcCoy "Go and laugh in your own country!" 5,913 Posts
    J i m s t e r said:
    DocMcCoy said:
    Woy "Crisis? What Crisis?" Hodgson.

Really a crisis? The team will click eventually, give him a chance. 8 games is nothing. Joe Cole to come good.

Do you want to know what, as a Liverpool fan, was the worst thing about Sunday afternoon? The result? The woeful performance? Torres and Carra bickering with one another three minutes in? The lack of width? The negative tactics? Lucas trying to chest the ball down, but getting smacked in the face by it? Watching it in the pub and hearing some bluenose yell "He's trying to cancel the cheque!" every time the camera cut to John Henry talking to someone in the stands? Carra's hopeless attempts at 40-yd passes? Hodgson waiting until twenty fucking minutes after we'd gone two-down and the game was effectively lost before making a substitution? All the shit I got from my bluenose mates (amongst others) afterwards? Nope, it was none of those things.

It was Hodgson going in front of the press afterwards, following a derby result that had would have put us on the bottom but for goal difference, and saying things like, that was the best performance since I arrived, I refuse to accept that we were in any way inferior, we were just unlucky, and other faux-positive shite. When you lose a derby, you say the bare minimum to the press, look suicidal and fuck off. You certainly don't do a post-match briefing where you look as if you're about to burst into a chorus of Always Look On The Bright Side Of Life, not after you've spent the game stood on the touchline with a befuddled expression on your grill, a picture of cluelessness to rival Second Choice Steve and his brolly blown up to IMAX size. He talks as if he expects us to be in the relegation zone.

Under normal circumstances, I'd be willing to give Hodgson a chance. Even if we were six or seven places off the pace, for instance - "reduced expectations" and all that. However, I'm not reducing my expectations to bottom-three level. That's not on. I don't care what anyone says about Hodgson inheriting Rafa's dross either. We put out a side the other week where 11 of the available players (incl. the bench) had been at the World Cup, so I'm not entirely convinced that he's inherited as bad a squad as some people are saying. In any event, with the introduction of players like Konchesky and Poulsen, he's quantifiably worsened the squad already. I don't think we can afford the luxury of time while we're in the bottom three, or indeed anywhere near it. Personally, I think we'll be lucky to take a point from the next three games. Do we still give him time after we've drawn against Blackburn, lost to Bolton and been pounded into a dark wet spot in the middle of Anfield by Chelsea? We're stuck with the present playing staff until January, but if we stick with the current manager for that long, there could be nowhere to go but down. And when rumours are going round that his big January transfer target is Chris Brunt...

• JuniorJunior 4,853 Posts
    I don't really care whether Rooney stays or goes to be honest. Great player but if there's one thing Fergie has proven over the years it's that no man is bigger than the team and neither should they be. I'll trust his judgement on this over a 24 year old who, for all his amazing talent on the pitch, hasn't proved himself to have the wisest head on his shoulders and if it looks like he's doing more damage than good by staying (ala RvN, Ronaldo, Beckham etc) then we'd be better off without him in the long term anyway.

Still not convinced he's heading off quite yet anyway.

• JimsterJimster Cruffiton.etsy.com 6,891 Posts
    I feel your pain Doc, I do.

I speak of games where A-fonso motherf*cking Alves was allowed to run tings and look like a good buy (BTW there is no L in Afonso, despite what 99% of pundits think). Of defences glancing nervously at each other, wondering why they had not conceded with 5 minutes left on the clock. Y'know, with that "Don't worry, I'm sure one of us will f*ck up epically." look. And so the prophecy fulfilled itself, every time.

x 34 years or whatever. Ask your local Mune.

You only have your bluenose mates to chide you. We have to suffer the mirror-threatening maw of Gary Neville every time. You know, every time Gary Neville smiles, a puppy dies. I bet he used to set fire to ponies in the Summer holidays.

What do you think Kenny D is going to do? At least Woy speaks English.

• DocMcCoyDocMcCoy "Go and laugh in your own country!" 5,913 Posts
    J i m s t e r said:
    I feel your pain Doc, I do.

I speak of games where A-fonso motherf*cking Alves was allowed to run tings and look like a good buy (BTW there is no L in Afonso, despite what 99% of pundits think). Of defences glancing nervously at each other, wondering why they had not conceded with 5 minutes left on the clock. Y'know, with that "Don't worry, I'm sure one of us will f*ck up epically." look. And so the prophecy fulfilled itself, every time.

x 34 years or whatever. Ask your local Mune.

You only have your bluenose mates to chide you. We have to suffer the mirror-threatening maw of Gary Neville every time. You know, every time Gary Neville smiles, a puppy dies. I bet he used to set fire to ponies in the Summer holidays.

What do you think Kenny D is going to do? At least Woy speaks English.

I would hope Kenny does the smart thing and doesn't tarnish his management rep any further. Great to have him as a presence around and about, but he should leave it at that.

Rijkaard's English is decent, and I should add that I've heard this morning that the story I posted earlier arose from a less-than-reliable source. However, a much more reliable source reckons that NESV are already actively seeking a replacement for Woy. Pellegrini's still available.

• magpaulmagpaul 1,314 Posts
    Shears said:
    I'd like Chizzle's view on the Rooneyman saga please.

Apparently Roo is training as usual today, all smiles. I don't think it's true personally and hopefully Fergie will be addressing it at the press conference this afternoon in his usual 'don't be daft' manner.

• Judging by Woy's signings I would not want him running the training ground cafeteria let alone buying any more shite like Konchesky in January.

• jleejlee 1,539 Posts
    i suspect the Rooney/SAF saga gets settled behind closed doors in the next few weeks. assuming Wazza gets a few goals under his belt and plays more games, water under the bridge.

whats interesting this time (as opposed to RvN or Beckham) is that this time around it really seems like Utd need this player more than the players needs to squad. SAF has been good at judging the whole "a player is not bigger than the club", but that's also been done with the understanding that he had a war chest to go out and purchase new players if he had to drop a dud. with an aging and/or rather luck luster midfield that probably needs some new blood soon, can Utd really go out and spend 30M+ to get top striking talent now?

Also, SAF has to be in final few years at the club. someone will bring up the idea soon that perhaps it isn't SAF that should be making long term decisions for the club if he won't be around to deal with them.

It's just doom n' gloom from the bullshit merchants. One of Rooney's weed carriers is gutted about the 'big man' getting benched by SAF and no doubt received a nice sum in return for some good copy.

He's needed back in the squad, playing his usual game because the last few weeks have been seriously poor. Having to rely on Berbatov and Nani is a terrible look. (although they've showed some signs of gaining form). Valencia being out is a massive pain in the arse even if Nani had edged him on that right wing, Tony is unfuckwitable in his direct approach/partnership with Rooney.

• pcmrpcmr 5,591 Posts
    i think pelligrini would be a good fit at liverpool
    he's dealt with pressure and egos and would help with torres
    nani has stepped up immensly, berbatov just enough
    valencia is the only player i want to see in ManU so i am pissed as well
    what about the young mexican lad how has his season been so far?

pcmr said:

what about the young mexican lad how has his season been so far?

Hernandez looks a really decent prospect and is not that far off becoming a really decent choice up front (just lacking some physical strength at the moment IMHO). I also still personally rate Macheda and think he could come good. Sadly neither is the answer quite yet.

• OkemOkem 4,617 Posts
    Junior said:
    Hernandez looks a really decent prospect and is not that far off becoming a really decent choice up front (just lacking some physical strength at the moment IMHO). I also still personally rate Macheda and think he could come good. Sadly neither is the answer quite yet.
    I have a feeling you're going to have to get used to this. Yanited look to be in a make do with what you've got type position.

Hernandez scored a massive goal against Valencia and picked one up on the weekend. I think he's been very impressive.

Okem said:
    Junior said:
    I have a feeling you're going to have to get used to this. Yanited look to be in a make do with what you've got type position.

Yeah no arguments here on that one. Interested to see what we can build from the youngsters again though, also interesting that despite our squad being all over the place at the moment we're not exactly losing major ground on the leaders adding weight to theory that the league's dominance in general is on the decline.

Paul said:
    Hernandez scored a massive goal against Valencia and picked one up on the weekend. I think he's been very impressive.

Yeah don't get me wrong, I really rate him, just think he needs a season of settling in before we can start using him week in week out. Anyway, as has been mentioned, this is Berbs year..........

Fergie: "the player says he's adamant he wants to leave" :walk_away_son:

See ya Potato Head.

Thanks NOTW, thanks for everything.

• OkemOkem 4,617 Posts
    OOF.

Crazy. Where will he go?? Off to Spain/Real? Can't see him staying in England, as the prostitutes in Europe are cheaper.

Junior said:
    See ya Potato Head.

Thanks NOTW, thanks for everything.

To be fair, he wanted to leave before the World Cup/hookers.

This is a real shocker. What now? He's managed to out-bastard both Tevez and Ronaldo with this one. Last game for United already played? Caravan-bound?

• jleejlee 1,539 Posts
    Paul said:
    What now?

for rillz though.

he just sits on the bench for the next 2 months with an "ankle injury"? He goes on loan to a championship side until the window opens up? what are the rules with going out on loan to a foreign club mid season?

seems like bad timing for Wazza. Can't play CL ball anymore right?

If this was a late November issue, i could see it panning out, but with almost 2 1/2 months left before the window, i can almost guarantee you this will not go down. dude will re-sign with UTD by mid december.

• OkemOkem 4,617 Posts
    Trade for Benzema maybe? An inform Roooney in LaLiga would be kinda epic.

jlee said:
    Paul said:
    What now?
    i can almost guarantee you this will not go down. dude will re-sign with UTD by mid december.

I so hope you are right about this. He'll take a few weeks out to finally get his fitness back by which point he'll bury the transfer rumours and it'll be back to the same old glory!

• OkemOkem 4,617 Posts
    I think dude is done. Why else would he actually come out and say he wants out.

Maybe wifey has said she wants a fresh start away from Manc land.

At least we'll have the memories.

Okem said:
    I think dude is done. Why else would he actually come out and say he wants out.

Maybe wifey has said she wants a fresh start away from Manc land.

Rooney???s wife Coleen has already told her husband she will not move abroad, especially while her 12-year-old sister Rosie is seriously ill.

That leaves Rooney with just two options in England as only City and Chelsea can afford both fee and wages.

Image not directed at anyone here, before such assumptions are reached.

BTW We don't need him in his current state. His marital tings need putting right before he ever gets back to being the player he was last season.

>

Haha. I was trying to work out the subliminals on that pic. What with it originally referencing several late show victories over the Citeh. Was definitely not jumping to any conclusions!

I'd like to think that the provocative nature of such a move across town would be enough to put off Coleen and co.

• jleejlee 1,539 Posts
    J i m s t e r said:
    BTW We don't need him in his current state.

but you do need the money he would command if he was playing at top level. Past 8 mos of playing like meh + "ankle injury" = 30M tops (and that is with the assumption he will get back to his old ways).

That's why he is staying at Utd. You guys aren't about to break the bank for a new forward, so you need Rooney money as a trade off, but right now he isn't playing like he can. Rooney needs to go back with his tail b/w legs and SAF needs to bite his tongue on the whole "no player bigger than club". Water under the bridge if dude gets back in form.

This is all fun for a Tuesday in October, but dude ain't going anywhere until at least the Summer.

• edulusedulus 421 Posts
    he'll probably end up at citeh. can't see it turning out any other way. the real question to me, is fergey going to be able to spend that money in the transfer market? would've been nice to have that money when ozil was on the market. could probably go after dzeko, but with the debt problems that the glazer's have, its no guarantee that he will even be able to spend that money, and if that is the case, sir alex might just quit and tell the glazers to go eff themselves.

• pcmrpcmr 5,591 Posts
    they need to pickup suarez in january
    i stil don't understand why he stayed at ajax
    he already has a gazillion goals for them and the national side(uruguay)