TAKE THAT SHIT TO THE-BRITS.COM

Comments

• DORDOR Two Ron Toe 9,899 Posts
    Crazy end...

• DuderonomyDuderonomy Haut de la Garenne 7,784 Posts
    J i m s t e r said:

Taxi for Bobby.

• JimsterJimster Cruffiton.etsy.com 6,892 Posts
    He's in it now. Going to the airport I'll wager.

Destination "The Sunset".

Bet he spots Pellegrini in duty-free...

• OkemOkem 4,617 Posts
    Have you seen this nonsense Embarasing.

• magpaulmagpaul 1,314 Posts
    Okem said:

With 659 million United fans, you're gonna have some idiots.

That being said, where do I pledge to buy a United shirt so they can afford Rooney's new contract?

• Possum SlimPossum Slim 353 Posts
    Just turned off notifications from Southport Weekender group on facebook to avoid the moaning and dodgy 22 second videos of people dancing near a beach looking freezing.

• vintageinfantsvintageinfants 4,537 Posts
    if i could be so bold, could we get a little bit of a roll call here as to who's a supporter of who? it's kind of hard to decipher considering most allegiances are based solely on hating who you love.

i'd really love to know so i can know where to direct any online chirpings i come across.

Me & Okem - le Prof/Gooners

Doc & Dor - Liverrrpule

Paul & Junior - Man U

Jimster - Man Citeh (even before they got rich!!!!!)

Pcmr - Chelski + Barca :roll:

Skel - West Ham

Young Einstein - Cardiff???

BadderthanEvil - Spurs (currently hoping for a Wigan victory)

DuttyBabylon - Preston North End? Somebody here follows Preston.

There's a Fulham fan who occasionally comes here from Verygoodplus to gloat, but that's not very often (play up Fulham :cheese: )

Bennyboy - Brighton & Hove Albion?

Who'd I miss?

• discos_almadiscos_alma discos_alma 2,164 Posts
    vintageinfants said:
    if i could be so bold, could we get a little bit of a roll call here as to who's a supporter of who? it's kind of hard to decipher considering most allegiances are based solely on hating who you love.

i'd really love to know so i can know where to direct any online chirpings i come across.

I think Doc and I are the only Liverpool supporters here, but I could be wrong. Whatup??!!@@!

• ppadilhappadilha 2,236 Posts
    I'm Corinthians, batches!

but in Europe I support Barcelona.

Okem said:

That has to be a piss-take!
    Too much cringe.

MusicaDelAlma said:

I think Doc and I are the only Liverpool supporters here, but I could be wrong. Whatup??!!@@!

As Duderonomy noted, supporter...

Since the age of 10 Reds4Life!

• OkemOkem 4,617 Posts
    Duderonomy said:
    Me & Okem - le Prof/Gooners

Who'd I miss?
    I'm terrible with names, but there's the NY based jlee who's a big gooner but only posts occasionally. Also the guy who was from Bristol that was also a talented beat maker?? he was a gooner iirc. Talked about moving to London then was never heard of againnnnn.

SOi was the original Spud. But he jumped ship to Waxiderpy

BeatNik?? Seems too busy or too cool for us these days.

& the Welsh lad NeilSomething is a gooner as well.

• DocMcCoyDocMcCoy "Go and laugh in your own country!" 5,913 Posts
    Duderonomy said:

Stein is Yanited.

DocMcCoy said:
    Duderonomy said:

Stein is Yanited.

Say it aint so...

:shut:

Was sure that for no particular reason, he supported a Championship Welsh team, and I would've noticed if he was Swans.

In more important news, last night's game against Wigan was great!
    Walcott still seems to have no real control of the ball though.

Arse or Spuds is the only thing of interest on Sunday, and neither Newcastle or Sunderland have anything to play for...

Arsenal???s 4-1 defeat of Wigan Athletic on Tuesday night has raised the possibility of an end-of-season play-off between the Gunners and Chelsea to determine which of the two sides finish in third place in the Barclays Premier League.

Their emphatic victory at the Emirates, which confirmed Wigan???s relegation to the Championship, moved Arsene Wenger???s charges back to within two points of Chelsea, who lie third on 72 points with one match remaining, and cut the Blues??? goal-difference advantage to one (35 versus Arsenal???s 34). It also moved the Gunners to within two of Chelsea???s total goals tally (73 versus 71), raising the prospect of the two London sides finishing level on points, goal difference and goals scored.

• = Tottenham

• OkemOkem 4,617 Posts
    If Arsenal win 2-1 and Chelski draw 0-0 with Everton there will have to be a play off for 3rd and 4th spot. Don't think that's happened before, has it? Shame the top 2 aren't as close as they were last year or it would've been one hell of a final day.

• jleejlee 1,539 Posts
    word to Okem.
    massive gooner over here. NYC Arsenal Supporters and all that. Too nervous these days to do much posting, but with that said, let me drop current dimes.

first off, everyone should read this book -- "FOB" by Eddie Huang
    http://www.nytimes.com/2013/01/25/books/fresh-off-the-boat-a-memoir-by-eddie-huang.html?_r=0

second off: almost bit my nails off yesterday. really REALLY not enjoying the whole "wait till last game" to see if we get 4th place.

third off: not sure why, but I finally feel that this next year we might actually get our act together and at least pretend to challenge for the title and some trophies. For the first time in ages, no team is really chomping at the bit to buy our "best" player. And if the stories are true about our new commercial income coming down the pipe, we may actually see an outflow of cash this summer. I trully believe AW is willing to spend decent money, he just hasn't really be able to without selling. I also beleive he realizes we are short 3/4 players to make us a title challenging team. I doubt he will ever buy 40M+ players, but I can see him moving up to the 18-25M range in the years to come (assuming that FFP really never has any teeth).

COYG

RIP David Beckham.

Who will retire next? This is like end of an era type stuff.

I remember a story the Real Ronaldo told about Beckham. He said they once traded jerseys at the end of a game and, whereas a player's shirt normally reeks of sweat after 90 minutes, Beckham's apparently reeked of cologne.

was he the most over-hyped player ever? was he the beginning of the over-hype era?

ppadilha said:

was he the most over-hyped player ever?

I'm not a huge fan. But still a fan...

Over-hyped? Naw... He was a great player overall.

Also, besides Pele. I don't think there is anyone else out there that has done more for the sport than him. Debatable perhaps, but that's my opinion.

I think he had a very good right foot and made a career out of lounging around the right touchline whipping crosses into the box.

I understand Englandman being into him though, you guys are always starved for football heroes.

ppadilha said:
    I think he had a very good right foot and made a career out of lounging around the right touchline whipping crosses into the box.

I understand Englandman being into him though, you guys are always starved for football heroes.

Ouch!

Screw Beckham, I'll go with Le Tiss. Only played for Southampton, could've walked into any team in England, and probably a few of the top sides in Europe. Any other country would've based their national team around this guy, but England has always preferred brawn over flawed genius. This vid is nice, and doesn't even include his best goal!

His best goal?

• pcmrpcmr 5,591 Posts

those ar some stunning displays of pure talent

He also scored 47 of 48 penalties... and when he was 15 had a trial at Oxford UTD but wasn't taken on :shut:
    Apparently he didn't really do training or practice. Or defending.
    Do they call players like this fantasistas in South America?

In 2010, Spanish superstar Xavi revealed that Le Tissier had been one of his childhood inspirations, claiming that: "His talent was simply out of the norm. He could simply dribble past seven or eight players but without speed - he just walked past them. For me he was sensational".[32]

• DocMcCoyDocMcCoy "Go and laugh in your own country!" 5,913 Posts
    Yeah, Le Tissier was something else. I tend to ride for one-club players on GP, but a player of his quality makes it easier. My brother-in-law is from Southampton, and he says Le Tiss is treated as a god on his part of the South coast.

As for Beckham, I doubt there's anyone who'd claim he wasn't somewhat limited as a player, but the things he was good at he did exceptionally well. He wasn't a lazy or aloof player either. I'd argue too that his workrate, commitment and ability to motivate his teammates were significant and important qualities.

Duderonomy said:
    Apparently he didn't really do training or practice. Or defending.
    Do they call players like this fantasistas in South America?

I think the fantasista is the talented no. 10, not necessarily a lazy one. In Brazil a player like that is either a lazy genius or just plain lazy, and it's a fine line between the two. Every team has one too, but Ronaldinho is the only one who belongs in the genius category. The rest are just infuriating to watch.

Romario was perhaps the epitome of that type of player. There's a story from his Barcelona days where one year he asked to be dropped for a game so he could to Rio for carnaval but obviously Cruyff was having none of it, so he got Cruyff to agree that if he scored a hattrick in that game he would be allowed to go to Rio for a few days. Dude scored a hattrick in the first half and left for the airport at half time.

sorry if I come across as a Beckham hateur, he seems like a nice enough fella. I like his Ali G interview. What used to drive me crazy was living in the USA when he was at his peak and having to deal with people who didn't know what the fuck they were talking about spewing all this greatest player in the world guff along with the whole Man Utd best club in the world and EPL best league in the world hoo-hah.

Ugly rumour that Becks is going to spearhead City's owner's new venture into MLS.

NY-City.

I don't think it will involve him wearing a Man City shirt, nor would I want to see him in one either.

I had a good chat with a City insider when they first took over BITD and this idea of having a "[your] City" brand, globally, was an idea they were deadly serious about, starting with Manchester. They were even looking at putting in their own branded transport infrastructure.

Looks like they mean business.

I've had to be a bit quiet of late at work as I've got a new gig and not really got the same windows of opportunity for make benefit t3h Struttage.

Yet.

Got my own credentials and PC today, that will help.

J i m s t e r said:
    I've had to be a bit quiet of late at work as I've got a new gig and not really got the same windows of opportunity for make benefit t3h Struttage.

Congrats! All about that paid holiday & illness absentia.

Alas, still working for myself, so none of that palaver.

:wmic:

However, got a lot better rate out of the deal. So will cling onto this gig like white on rice.