TAKE THAT SHIT TO THE-BRITS.COM

Comments

• magpaulmagpaul 1,314 Posts

Boom

• jleejlee 1,539 Posts
    I preferred the volley's he did last year, but that was pretty amazing.

Not really excited about him coming to Emirates next week, as I prefer my wounds not covered in salt -- but perhaps Utd can do us a favor and pretend to not care anymore for the next week.

• OkemOkem 4,617 Posts
    Part of me kinda wanted the pain (or glory) of seeing them come to the Emirates and RvP scoring the goal that wins them the title. Only to be followed by the prawn sandwich brigade going feral and burning the ground down in protest.

Now they can come, beat us, and not really give a shit either way. yay football.

• DuderonomyDuderonomy Haut de la Garenne 7,784 Posts
    Wait a minute. Snooker. We're quite good at that. And darts.

• JimsterJimster Cruffiton.etsy.com 6,890 Posts
    Bike racing.

without cheating.

BOOM.

And bike tricks - that Danny MacaSkillz dude is pretty good.

• skel said:
    He was 27 but looked 45, and -get this- apologised.

Apologised?
    GTFOOHWTBS

What is the world coming to?

So long as all's well that ends well. Looking at some of the extreme (at best) punishments handed out for football related misdemeanours I feared he might have been made an example of.

The UK are unrivalled at any sports where we can hold a pint in our hand at the same time.

vintageinfants said:

"Commonwealth-Citizen-Defiles-the-George-Cross-on-St.-George's-Day-R"

Dragon come fi set a fire pon dem maples. No more syrups for man...

...eh?

Friend re-poasted this on FB, thought I'd share it:

LOST RECORDS ??? PLEA FOR HELP

Around 3am last Saturday night in Exeter, my friend Craig Smith (aka the Funky Plumber) had his DJ box stolen just after playing at a bar in town.

The contents represent the heart of one of the country (and the world)???s best funk 45 collections, not to mention plenty of killer soul rarities as well. I wouldn???t wish it on anyone, but this is just so sad. Craig is that breed of collector who has always completely ignored the less tasteful aspects of our scene ??? hype, status, politics etc ??? and just focused on amassing the music he???s loved for most of his life.

As you can imagine he???s absolutely devastated, so this is a plea for help: please keep your ear to the ground in case it comes up for sale or surfaces in any other way. It???s instantly recognisable, since many of the records are known only by a small handful of copies ??? Andrew Brown on Brave, Black Exotics on United, Soul Authority Unlimited, Willie Wright, Earl Carter, Brass Horizon, Henderson and Jones, Delores Ealy - Honeydripper, Black Soul Express, Georgia Soul Twisters on Waxwing, etc etc. Please contact Craig directly ??? funkyplumber@gmail.com ??? if you know anything at all. And please share / pass this on as much as possible; the wider the net, the better the chance of getting them back.

Just in case it pops up as a job lot somewhere.

J i m s t e r said:
    Friend re-poasted this on FB, thought I'd share it:

LOST RECORDS ??? PLEA FOR HELP

Around 3am last Saturday night in Exeter, my friend Craig Smith (aka the Funky Plumber) had his DJ box stolen just after playing at a bar in town.

The contents represent the heart of one of the country (and the world)???s best funk 45 collections, not to mention plenty of killer soul rarities as well. I wouldn???t wish it on anyone, but this is just so sad. Craig is that breed of collector who has always completely ignored the less tasteful aspects of our scene ??? hype, status, politics etc ??? and just focused on amassing the music he???s loved for most of his life.

As you can imagine he???s absolutely devastated, so this is a plea for help: please keep your ear to the ground in case it comes up for sale or surfaces in any other way. It???s instantly recognisable, since many of the records are known only by a small handful of copies ??? Andrew Brown on Brave, Black Exotics on United, Soul Authority Unlimited, Willie Wright, Earl Carter, Brass Horizon, Henderson and Jones, Delores Ealy - Honeydripper, Black Soul Express, Georgia Soul Twisters on Waxwing, etc etc. Please contact Craig directly ??? funkyplumber@gmail.com ??? if you know anything at all. And please share / pass this on as much as possible; the wider the net, the better the chance of getting them back.

Just in case it pops up as a job lot somewhere.

GUTTED.

• ppadilhappadilha 2,236 Posts
    HAPPY ST GEORGE'S DAY!

AKA S??o Jorge, the patron saint of S.C. Corinthians Paulista

AKA Ogum, the metalsmith orix??, maker of tools for work as well as war

That was brutal. If I were Barcelona, I'd look into buying a few actual defenders for a change. Bayern Munich champions of everything for the foreseeable future then?

• skelskel You can't cheat karma 5,033 Posts
    Uli Hoeness has had a hell of a week

• BAYERN BAYERN BAYERN BAYERN BAYERN BAYERN BAYERN

Is that who you're supporting this week?

;)

• i am a casual supporter of bayern and the german national team, but i really do love the game. i play it a LOT more than i watch it, which is both good and bad. the best part about EPL is that it's rarely the score that gets the most attention, just the things that happened within it.

im not going to fuxx with any of you guys with teh futbol, but i've been known to PVR a game. time zone-r.

• pcmrpcmr 5,591 Posts
    pep and gotze next year is a scary prospect
    we should have gotten real defenders since abidal went off
    brutal...german machine has not lost since november

• pcmr said:

34 for, 4 against in last 8

• DocMcCoyDocMcCoy "Go and laugh in your own country!" 5,913 Posts
    This is only a few pages deep so far, but there are already a few interesting pics, clips, links, etc.

• OkemOkem 4,617 Posts
    pcmr said:
    I'm pretty sure The Arsenal beat them 0-2 in the second leg of the quarters, so they have been beaten fairly recently.

Bayern are a great team, thier complete dominance of the German league is testament to that - their goal difference for the season is higher than every other teams goals scored, that's a pretty incredible statistic / achievement. Kinda fucked up that they're going to sack the guy responsible for getting them there.

Barca were shit last night though. Yes defensively they're poor, but that's always been the case. They've always balanced it out with an incredible passing and pressing game, which just didn't happen last night. God knows why they played Messi when he clearly wasn't up to it, they just looked like a neutered team who barely managed a shot on goal.

pcmr said:

For all of their achievements, Barcelona have never looked good against physically strong teams - but for some extremely suspect refereeing you could say that Chelsea have always managed to smother Barca, and should have a much better record against them. When the entire Barca team are fit and on-song they've done well, but they need to blend some steel in with their finess (Arsenal's major flaw for X years). Not sure whether it's arrogance or what, but Barcelona have also been very inflexible... the lack of plan B against Chelsea led to Pep leaving as I guess he didn't want to be the one to betray the Barca philosophy. But somebody is going to have to step in, put another Yaya Toure in the squad, beef up the defense, and teach the team to win ugly when they need to. They shouldn't rely on Messi to carry them. If he has a prolonged run of bad form, or a serious injury, well, as against PSG and again last night, maybe they are just a club after all.

On the back of this, Arsenal's performance against Bayern away looks even better :-P

Wait.....only weeks ago they were team of the century, today a fatally flawed bunch lacking that Shawcross dimension?

Whappen spars?

DocMcCoy said:
    This is only a few pages deep so far, but there are already a few interesting pics, clips, links, etc.

Thanks Doc. The placid skins of 81 portrayed here are a far cry from my own recall.
    Sullen, surly, violent is what I remember.
    I went to a skins party back then, part of initiation into an Oi band that never came to pass.
    Grim people, stuffing glue bags down the lav when Bill came crashing in, tubby girls suicidal after three cans of Special Brew trying to slash wrists with blunt butter knives, wiry and bare-chested feral lads of only basic passing familiarity with brains, chunky older skins looking to marshal said dudes into a cohesive gang unit. Pitiful time, back then.

They had an amazing run of form when they won everything, and the Spanish national team, which is looking like the best national team ever, is based on the Barca squad minus Messi. They aren't shite. But other teams have adapted to their style while they've stuck to their guns. Maybe I'll be able to stand them once they become underdogs again and stop blabbing on about how pure of thought and deed they are.

Basically, their legacy will never be concrete until they play Stoke on a cold Tuesday night up north.

woof.

Uber!

• pcmrpcmr 5,591 Posts
    Duderonomy said:
    pcmr said:

For all of their achievements, Barcelona have never looked good against physically strong teams - but for some extremely suspect refereeing you could say that Chelsea have always managed to smother Barca, and should have a much better record against them. When the entire Barca team are fit and on-song they've done well, but they need to blend some steel in with their finess (Arsenal's major flaw for X years). Not sure whether it's arrogance or what, but Barcelona have also been very inflexible... the lack of plan B against Chelsea led to Pep leaving as I guess he didn't want to be the one to betray the Barca philosophy. But somebody is going to have to step in, put another Yaya Toure in the squad, beef up the defense, and teach the team to win ugly when they need to. They shouldn't rely on Messi to carry them. If he has a prolonged run of bad form, or a serious injury, well, as against PSG and again last night, maybe they are just a club after all.

On the back of this, Arsenal's performance against Bayern away looks even better :-P

I agree, the tought team stuff is somewhat true and i miss yaya dearly
    he toughned up the back gave us sheer willpower forced goals when needed
    but the front and the back shuffles (sanchez,villa broken leg, defenders going out, peeps figuring out an aging mascherano) have hurt us and this is the weakest barca version since the dinho days) add injured messi and humm

i agree about no plan b and is why i wish we (ironically) trusted our youth more (although bartra was horrendous)
    had thiago,tello played more and having kept affelay we could have shown opponenets something different
    real is starting to figure us out and definetly outtough us and outdirty us
    i feel we 'neuter'' the youth with the patient you will have your turn approach.. a guy like thiago would have had a breakout season at AC milan for example

we will see what the future brings but the system is a blessing and a curse

i feel bad for the bayern coach and i am not even sure pep will top his achievements

the german wembley finale will be epic
    borrussia has been the most fun club to follow in the past 3 years

• pcmrpcmr 5,591 Posts
    has there ever been such an ammount of insanely good pure strikers at one moment on earth

who do you rate highest

cavani
    luis 'the mouth' suarez
    falcao
    lewandowski

chelsea going for falcao may be overpaying hopefully he will stay humble
    cavani would have easily fit as much even lewandowski with the quick paced flowing offense
    hopefully we get that fourth or 3rd spot (damn 30 sec over the time limit bitting header fiend)
    chelsea will improve with one or two aquisitions for once (no benayoun)

where the others land and if surez leaves for another league will determine the footballing landscape
    as well as if PSG decides to press on the gas pedals or follow uefa speed limits