TAKE THAT SHIT TO THE-BRITS.COM

Comments

• DuderonomyDuderonomy Haut de la Garenne 7,784 Posts
    ppadilha said:
    DocMcCoy said:
    Bayern = classless, cheating bastards.

Arjen Robben = the most classless cheating bastard of all. Although at least he's finally managed to equal Djimi Traore, Igor Biscan and Antonio N????ez on CL medals won.

I thought the game was pretty good, obviously would've been better if Dortmund had won. I was kinda looking forward to extra-time too. And that Lewandowski stamp was as low as anything Bayern did, IMO.

I liked it. Lot of action, played at a good tempo but would have also preferred a Dortmund upset. Think they missed Goatse.

I'll get my coat...

• vintageinfantsvintageinfants 4,537 Posts
    Duderonomy said:

I'll get my coat...

i didn't know 'my team' winning would bring so much hatred to the table.

i thought it was well fought?

(ii also watched the german telecast)

• discos_almadiscos_alma discos_alma 2,164 Posts
    Man, next season is going to be insane. Lots of changes coming and ensuing power struggles.

vintageinfants said:
    Duderonomy said:

I'll get my coat...

i didn't know 'my team' winning would bring so much hatred to the table.

i thought it was well fought?

(ii also watched the german telecast)

Robben is one of the most dislikeable players in football, which seems harsh considering he's not particularly malicious and other players feign injury and dive, but the way that slaphead does it is just really annoying. Then there's the under-aged-prostitute-screwing Ribery, who should've been sent-off for an elbow to Lewandowski's head, and spent a lot of time trying to disrupt the rhythm of the game lying on the floor every time he lost the ball. There's the fact that an uber-rich club decided to buy the opposition's star player in the build-up to this match, and one suspects may have had some nefarious influence on that star-player's absence from the final (or maybe it was a genuine injury, just like all of those Ryan Giggs hamstrings everytime a Welsh international friendly match was due). Then there's these t-shirts:

Appropriating the English football song in 1996 after they'd knocked us out of the tournament was funny. Bayern are not the German national team, and transferring this jibe from international to club football, with it's completely different loyalties, divisions, and history, looks like they're milking an old joke in the wrong situation, and adds to the air of arrogance that added a delicious level of schadenfraud to their final loss last year: "our stadium, our club, our cup" read the massive banner. Who wasn't thinking Yeah, right come the result?

Plus, they've just sacked the manager that took them to a record-points league win and champions league success for Guardiola who's experience in management is telling the best team in the world to give the ball to Messi. If his appointment backfires it will also be well-deserved (not saying it will - Bayern have a great squad and Pep should do well).

Have I missed anything out?

• ppadilhappadilha 2,235 Posts
    Duderonomy said:
    Have I missed anything out?

did you mention they're german?

Bayern really do have a special brand of arrogant. I remember I burst out laughing in 1999 when I saw Lothar Matth??us' face after he emerged from the dressing room to pick up his CL winner's medal. If you're a Yankees fan I can understand you liking them.

meanwhile, in Mexico:

ppadilha said:
    meanwhile, in Mexico:

LOL, Fucking Epic!

• JimsterJimster Cruffiton.etsy.com 6,889 Posts
    Duderonomy said:
    ppadilha said:
    meanwhile, in Mexico:

LOL, Fucking Epic!

It's like he's really trying to turn into The Incredible Hulk, and it's just not happening...

Duderonomy said:

Robben is one of the most dislikeable players in football, which seems harsh considering he's not particularly malicious and other players feign injury and dive, but the way that slaphead does it is just really annoying. Then there's the under-aged-prostitute-screwing Ribery, who should've been sent-off for an elbow to Lewandowski's head, and spent a lot of time trying to disrupt the rhythm of the game lying on the floor every time he lost the ball. There's the fact that an uber-rich club decided to buy the opposition's star player in the build-up to this match, and one suspects may have had some nefarious influence on that star-player's absence from the final (or maybe it was a genuine injury, just like all of those Ryan Giggs hamstrings everytime a Welsh international friendly match was due).

i agree on Robben. not even bayern fans like him. so that's a push. but pardon my ignorance in asking this, but how do any of these statements set bayern apart from pretty much any of the top 5 teams in any of the other leagues? serious question.

also: i cant say that i'd refer to that as an "elbow"

double yellow by my eyes.

vintageinfants said:

double yellow by my eyes.

slo-mo always make these things look like it was nothing, unless there's an exposed fracture involved. It's all about what it was like in the heat of the moment. It was obviously deliberate even if he didn't hit Lewandowski square in the face. Could easily have been a straight red, a referee with more of a spine would've sent him off. This ref was kinda soft all around though.

vintageinfants said:

but pardon my ignorance in asking this, but how do any of these statements set bayern apart from pretty much any of the top 5 teams in any of the other leagues? serious question.

This is why I hate Man UTD, and why I and many neutrals would've preferred a Dortmund victory.

• DORDOR Two Ron Toe 9,899 Posts
    ppadilha said:
    meanwhile, in Mexico:

DOR said:
    ppadilha said:
    meanwhile, in Mexico:

fan-fucking-phenomenal

• pcmrpcmr 5,591 Posts
    ribery i cry because boateng splashes me with beer in celibration as a muslim but i sleep with undergae prostitues
    and then he starts yammering with platini
    but bayern havil lost the last 2 CL finals had destiny on their side
    weak goal to give away though
    at least the game was entertainig and not some park the bus BS

now neymar refusing double the $ to go to barca is great (if only we couldget kompany)
    and it'S only the beginning for the summer moves
    falcao to monaco is godawful however if it goes down
    they should get rooney

if you guys have 22 mins to spare it would be wise of you to watch this penalty shoot-out from last night's Newell's v. Boca Juniors Libertadores quarter-final:

exhibit Z in the series Copa Libertadores >>>>>>>>>>>>> Champions League

That was tense. Libertadores commentators are definitely winning vs English commentators.

• thropethrope 750 Posts
    is that coach Larry David??

thrope said:
    is that coach Larry David??

yes. he has a great routine on the recent changes to the offside rule and the expression "false-nine."

• discos_almadiscos_alma discos_alma 2,164 Posts
    Wow, didn't expect the Suarez transfer rumors this soon. Pool is about to get paaaaaaidd !

:balla: :balla: :balla: :balla: :balla:

:face_melt:

• magpaulmagpaul 1,314 Posts

• DocMcCoyDocMcCoy "Go and laugh in your own country!" 5,913 Posts
    magpaul said:

Ausgezeichnet.

magpaul said:

Real?

meanwhile in Brazil:

Brazilian legend Creedence Clearwater Couto presents John Fogerty and Creedence Clearwater Revival with his Santa Cruz do Sul (non-league minnows) jersey when the band played in Porto Alegre.

this is actually old news, but I've nothing else to report at this moment.

Duderonomy said:

Real?

Fake. Adam and him were not at the pool at the same time.

Widnes represent!

I know a one or two of ya like these guys. And some (Like Doc) do not. But I'm surprised there is still so much interests out there. The trailer is done well tho.

• DocMcCoyDocMcCoy "Go and laugh in your own country!" 5,913 Posts
    DOR said:
    I know a one or two of ya like these guys. And some (Like Doc) do not. But I'm surprised there is still so much interests out there. The trailer is done well tho.

Heh.

Point of order; the first album is great. It's just the saucer-eyed, uncritical veneration of them that I have a problem with. Which leads me to suspect that, despite being a fan of Shane Meadows' output generally, this might be a little too one-eyed for me.