TAKE THAT SHIT TO THE-BRITS.COM

Comments

• DuderonomyDuderonomy Haut de la Garenne 7,784 Posts
    RE: point scoring. After the first week, I didn't make any changes. This didn't pay off.

I still think, partly because football managers can't change their players every week, and partly because I don't have time to check who's injured/suspended, that we should just pick one squad for the season, no changes, and then see who wins this biatch.

• ppadilhappadilha 2,236 Posts

• JimsterJimster Cruffiton.etsy.com 6,889 Posts
    Okem said:
    There are various sites, blogs and entire forums out there to help you improve, guide you on selections, injuries, transfers and everything. I'll try and find the one I found helpful and post a link. Next year Duder. Next year.

Life is too short. Look at the obvious forthcoming mis-matches of a Friday evening, take a punt, crack open a cold one.

Unless you are fielding Un*ted players, then it's just rotation?

I also consider abstaining from beers of a Saturday in order to watch MOTD all the way through to be poor form. :SMH:
    One should seize the warblings of Hansen and dem as they dissect a futile WBA-Reading nil-nil as a free ticket on the express to the Land of Nod.

The end-game of beers V comfy sofa.

Being awoken by your own flatulence is the referee's final whistle.

ppadilha said:

Expanding the Franchise. The hay rabs will own this club too, as they do with the Manc club. The Yankees are partners, IIRC.

Doing what they said they would do, way back when they bought the OG City.

Real NYC FC heads to be dropping "...ar kid." at the end of sentences or they are soft.

• OkemOkem 4,617 Posts
    J i m s t e r said:
    Okem said:
    There are various sites, blogs and entire forums out there to help you improve, guide you on selections, injuries, transfers and everything. I'll try and find the one I found helpful and post a link. Next year Duder. Next year.

Life is too short. Look at the obvious forthcoming mis-matches of a Friday evening, take a punt, crack open a cold one.
    yep, that's the other reason I didn't bother this season. Though nerding out on this ish is fun. One season I tried to play the transfer investment game. they actually have this thing that calculates when a player is likely to rise or drop in value, so you can try and ride the price rises to get a more valuable team. In fact some people just play it to get the most expensive team by the end of the season. But yes. Life is short.

• skelskel You can't cheat karma 5,033 Posts
    Fuck it people
    One year I chose a team of absolute douches - Barton, Terry, Diouf, Harewood et al - and finished mid table.
    Another year I picked total losers and still didn't finish bottom.

A la Duder, pick a team and stick with it.
    Next season....

J i m s t e r said:
    NYC FC

between that and NY Red Bulls the locals can't seem to get a team with at least a decent name. I expect the revived Cosmos to pull bigger crowds even if they're playing the equivalent of the second division (but without promotion). Nothing beats Dynamo Houston though, the commies arrived and Texas doesn't even know it.

Spot the Yank

b/w

What is that on man's head?

• skelskel You can't cheat karma 5,033 Posts
    ppadilha said:
    J i m s t e r said:
    NYC FC

between that and NY Red Bulls the locals can't seem to get a team with at least a decent name.

So let's do it for them.

Philadelphia Jesus
    The San Francisco Smegma
    Texas Retards
    The Ohio YOLO Bitches
    New York Fuck

I'd support a team called the Ohio YOLOs. At the end of every game, no matter the score, the goalie would run up for a corner kick, the whole stadium yelling "YOLO! YOLO! YOLO!". Tailgaters would drink themselves blind before the game while barbecuing zebras, grizzly bears, and ivory-billed woodpeckers because YOLO. Their first season they would probably sign Robbie Fowler, Joey Barton and El Hadj Diouf. YOLO.

• DB_CooperDB_Cooper Manhatin' 7,823 Posts
    Just wanted to pop in and thank you guys for bringing Helen Mirren into the world. Sadly, you also brought the queen of England into the world as well, making it a wash.

Helen Mirren has tea with dying boy after actual queen says no

DB_Cooper said:
    the queen

"She ain't no human being"-R.

ppadilha said:
    I'd support a team called the Ohio YOLOs. At the end of every game, no matter the score, the goalie would run up for a corner kick, the whole stadium yelling "YOLO! YOLO! YOLO!". Tailgaters would drink themselves blind before the game while barbecuing zebras, grizzly bears, and ivory-billed woodpeckers because YOLO. Their first season they would probably sign Robbie Fowler, Joey Barton and El Hadj Diouf. YOLO.

These guys sound pretty good. If everyone else gets second and third teams, I'm down with teh Ohio YOLOs.

Goatse out of the Champs League final.

ppadilha said:
    Their first season they would probably sign Robbie Fowler, Joey Barton and El Hadj Diouf. YOLO.

I would pay to see their training sessions. Joey goes to put a cigar in Robbie's eye over some "Scouser than thou" jibe; Diouf spits it out.

• DORDOR Two Ron Toe 9,899 Posts
    WTF London,

Crazy's about in the east? That shit is right fucked. Everyone walking around so nonchalant when that shit was going on...

Will this start the rise of hard right anti immigration/racist parties?

I'm still shocked at that video.

DOR said:
    WTF London,

Crazy's about in the east? That shit is right fucked. Everyone walking around so nonchalant when that shit was going on...

Will this start the rise of hard right anti immigration/racist parties?

I'm still shocked at that video.

Props to the scout leader who went over and tried talking one of them down. Apparently one of the alleged attackers has been "Preaching his views" around that area for a short while. I guess he wasn't getting the results he wanted, so decided getting shot and a life sentence was a better move.

English Defence League bozos jumped on the story shortly after.

SMH at the whole affair.

• DocMcCoyDocMcCoy "Go and laugh in your own country!" 5,913 Posts
    My man at the Zionist BBC ("the lizard people's choice") tells me there's an insane amount of stuff being broadcast/published as "fact" without confirmation, thus making his job even more difficult than usual. "Still at least we managed not to broadcast pictures of a dead body, like ITV did."

He adds that none of the pictures he's seen show a machete, just kitchen knives or cleavers. The woman who tried to talk them down while the bizzies stood off supposedly said she saw no evidence of a beheading, yet every paper has it on their front page. Evidently the other woman, the cub scout leader, was unaware of what had actually gone on, and thought it was a traffic accident.

As for the EDL, there's a nice little irony in a self-appointed vigilante militia terrorising a neighbourhood, supposedly as a response to an act of terrorism. Further proof that both they and that pair of wannabe-jihadi psychopaths in search of a cause are just cheeks of the same arse.

Also, popular as it's become to get all sceptical and Shania Twain/that-don't-impress-me-much about "mainstream media lies" (as if nobody else has an agenda), every time a story like this breaks we all get a good look at how fragmented and incoherent the media is becoming, and how the 24-hour rolling news cycle has provided an opportunity for all manner of slavering batshit craziness to fill the vacuum created as a result of Illuminati mouthpieces like the BBC adhering to arcane notions of verifiable testimony, fact-checking, etc.

• bassiebassie 11,710 Posts
    I am more than happy to attribute her actions to her being a teacher. O_o

Ingrid Loyau-Kennet

___

Also - DocMcCoy et al, can you please recommend some decent, reliable British news sites?
    Thank You.

He was hinting that the BBC is doing a restrained and professional job.
    The Guardian's ok too.

• bassiebassie 11,710 Posts
    Thank You!
    I'm on Guardian every day...I guess I was asking for some outlets of the off the beaten track (but not tinfoil newsboy cap) variety.

There's also the indie

http://www.independent.co.uk/

Well, this is going to sound a little weird (and I may have posted something to this effect before), but Vice has seriously upped its game in terms of its hard news coverage lately. This was as good a summary of yesterday's mayhem as you'd have found in any of the more conventional outlets, and their story about the sisa epidemic amongst Greece's poor got straight jacked by the Guardian the following day.

• bennyboybennyboy 538 Posts
    Listening to Eddie Mair interviewing people on the streets of Woolwich today, reminded me of this.

• vintageinfantsvintageinfants 4,537 Posts
    quality finish on a wide open send......

'aaaahnd bawl, wef!!!

• bennyboybennyboy 538 Posts
    Ha ha, excellent.

It's the little pause after the cheering for the goal and then the kid raises his own arms and gets another cheer :lol:

Bayern = classless, cheating bastards.

Arjen Robben = the most classless cheating bastard of all. Although at least he's finally managed to equal Djimi Traore, Igor Biscan and Antonio N????ez on CL medals won.

DocMcCoy said:
    Bayern = classless, cheating bastards.

Arjen Robben = the most classless cheating bastard of all. Although at least he's finally managed to equal Djimi Traore, Igor Biscan and Antonio N????ez on CL medals won.

I thought the game was pretty good, obviously would've been better if Dortmund had won. I was kinda looking forward to extra-time too. And that Lewandowski stamp was as low as anything Bayern did, IMO.