TAKE THAT SHIT TO THE-BRITS.COM

Comments

• ppadilhappadilha 2,236 Posts
    this weekend Brazilian authorities released the caxirola???, official instrument of the FIFA Mastercard Budweiser Third Wolrd Sweatshop World Cup???

it's really just a plastic shaker shaped like a hand grenade, and has absolutely no relation to Brazilian football. More like a cheap excuse for some factories in China to make some easy money.

at any rate, they chose to officially release it at the Bahia v. Vit??ria derby at Salvador's brand spanking newly refurbished stadium. Fans celebrated the occasion in the only way possible: by hurling the things onto the field.

if only they had learned the lesson of November 15, 2000 when the federation handed out tiny Brazil flags to fans at a World Cup qualifier in S??o Paulo. Fans were so pissed by the sele????o's poor display (they beat Colombia 1-0) that they hurled the tiny flags onto the field, thus ending the tradition of handing out patriotic baubles at games.

edit: found the right game, with bonus footage of flags raining down the stands. WMIC.

• DuderonomyDuderonomy Haut de la Garenne 7,784 Posts
    magpaul said:

Nice to see De Gea graduating from dodgy keeper to best in the league.

I would also add David Luiz graduating from 8 year old with a Playstation controller to Chelsea's first-choice CB. Would've made it ahead of Vertonghen for me, although Luiz needs to get less "involved" with other players and focus on the game.

• vintageinfantsvintageinfants 4,537 Posts
    ALL KRAUT FINAL.

sprechen sie dominance?

• skelskel You can't cheat karma 5,033 Posts
    ppadilha said:
    this weekend Brazilian authorities released the caxirola???, official instrument of the FIFA Mastercard Budweiser Third Wolrd Sweatshop World Cup???

it's really just a plastic shaker shaped like a hand grenade, and has absolutely no relation to Brazilian football. More like a cheap excuse for some factories in China to make some easy money.

at any rate, they chose to officially release it at the Bahia v. Vit??ria derby at Salvador's brand spanking newly refurbished stadium. Fans celebrated the occasion in the only way possible: by hurling the things onto the field.

if only they had learned the lesson of November 15, 2000 when the federation handed out tiny Brazil flags to fans at a World Cup qualifier in S??o Paulo. Fans were so pissed by the sele????o's poor display (they beat Colombia 1-0) that they hurled the tiny flags onto the field, thus ending the tradition of handing out patriotic baubles at games.

edit: found the right game, with bonus footage of flags raining down the stands. WMIC.

Props to Teh Brasilian people for rejecting this corporate bullshit

Respect

B/w

Dany N''Guessan last night
    Google it

Face palm

Worst substitute ever

vintageinfants said:
    ALL KRAUT FINAL.

I for one welcome our new German overlords.

Duderonomy said:
    magpaul said:

Nice to see De Gea graduating from dodgy keeper to best in the league.

I would also add David Luiz graduating from 8 year old with a Playstation controller to Chelsea's first-choice CB. Would've made it ahead of Vertonghen for me, although Luiz needs to get less "involved" with other players and focus on the game.

Left foot.

CHE 3-1 BAS by adriabril

Right foot.

David Luiz Amazing Goal vs Fulham 17/4/2013 by AFCArabianet

His defending isn't amazing and I give Benitez props for moving him into midfield - think he works better there.

• pcmrpcmr 5,591 Posts
    yeah open foot gawd
    but not consistent enough
    his defending is improving
    teh one JT wants him as the next chelsea captain
    i really felt bad for ole super franky hittting the post
    it would be great for him to beat the record this season
    maybe one against spurs and one in the europa final

Generous to a fault...

Ahhh-hah!

Bacon-face is standing down at the end of the season then. Mourinho to step in? David Moyes?
    No, no, wait, Harry Rednapp!

Moyes to Man Poo

Jackett to Everton

Mourinho to Millwall.

Make it so.

• OkemOkem 4,617 Posts
    My money's on Mou still.

Why would he leave a club like RM and take a step down by going back to Chelsea? It also explains why he went out of his way to be so polite in their game against United in the CL, calling them the better team and everything. If he hadn't already been offered the job then, he was definitely angling for it. Also United need to worry about their share price, naming Mourinho over Moyes will go down much better in that respect.

Mou to replace Sir Bacon Face, and if that happens CR7 to return is the other prophecy often spouted. Although I can see them going for the Welsh version this summer. Although a United with an attacking 3 of CR7 RvP Bale backed by Mourinho defensive nous and low cunning would be quiet some team.

• DocMcCoyDocMcCoy "Go and laugh in your own country!" 5,913 Posts

I have to admire the timing of this, although if they'd left it until Saturday they could have blown City's inevitable FA Cup evisceration of Wigan off the back pages of the Sundays. Now they'll probably do that by unveiling Mourinho. One of my Chelsea mates was saying that their season ticket sales have had an early spike on the understanding that his return was nailed-on. The wailing and gnashing of teeth as he swans back to England and past Roman up the M6 to the gig he really wants is going to be wondrous to behold.

Obviously, I'm hoping it'll be Martin O'Neill.

DocMcCoy said:

Obviously, I'm hoping it'll be Martin O'Neill.

Surely Di Canio would be the better choice?

Ferg is correct that this is the right time to step down;

Chelsea spend half the season in disarray, but under Benitez put Man U to the sword in the cup and the league.

Man Citeh will outspend everyone again in the summer, and who knows, maybe move for a new manager too, and should make a decent challenge for the league.

Arsenal... well, optimistic to think Wenger will mount a significant challenge next season, but it can't be any weaker than it has been in 2012/13.

So Ferg steps down with a massive margin of victory, and a great legacy to look back on. All-conquering domestically if not in Europe.

• magpaulmagpaul 1,314 Posts
    Chelsea spend half the season in disarray, but under Benitez put Man U to the sword in the cup and the league.

That is absurd, the cup game came just days after the Champions League loss to Madrid which derailed United's season. The replay also part of the same slump. The most recent loss was a meaningless fixture.

Mourinho is surely the top choice, Moyes might be a sensible option but his lack of experience in Europe and spending Gs combined with his inevitable desire to sign Baines and Fellaini aren't going to appeal to the stockholders.

RIP SIR ALEX FERGUSON. He was a good coach, yes, but he was obviously too scared to do it with a mid-table team in Italy or somesuch.

seriously though, does Mourinho really get that much love in England? At this point he's respected as a coach in Spain but I think they'll be glad to see him leave. I could see Giggs or Scholes taking over in the long term. Whoever comes in now has some mighty big shoes to fill, it'll be like trying to impress a girl who just got out of a relationship with Long Dong Silver.

and what's the money on a Libya-like (ok, Leeds-like) collapse?

magpaul said:
    stockholders.

You sound American

The Slimes is saying it's Moyes.

Makes a change from them being unable to hang onto their players, I suppose.

magpaul said:

That is absurd, the cup game came just days after the Champions League loss to Madrid which derailed United's season. The replay also part of the same slump. The most recent loss was a meaningless fixture.

The timing of the games may not have been great for UTD, but Ferg doesn't like Benitez, and will not have wanted to lose either of those - I don't believe there's such a thing as a meaningless fixture between them.
    Also think the Google-machine could probably find some platitudes from Ferg (and all football managers to be fair) about the ability and importance of bouncing back from defeat.

Scholes & Giggs to play another season? Either way, the midfield would be the area that still looks in need of fine-tuning - try and splurge big on Bale plus a Schweinsteiger-type?

• OkemOkem 4,617 Posts
    "First Thatcher dies, then Ferguson retires. Somewhere there is a Scouser with a lamp and one wish left."

United are in rude health from what I can tell. Fergie's left them PL winners, with squad that's a good mix of experience and youth, which is I guess what he wanted. You'd have to be a really shit manager to mess that up. That said, I think they really need a manager to come in with the ego big enough to handle, first filling those shoes, and second dealing with a squad that's full of players who undoubtedly think they know best. Moyes comes in and has a disagreement with Rio or one of the senior players, who could quite easily turn around and say "What do you know, what have you actually achieved? I've won this that and the other" and you end up with a John Terry situation and things could start to fall apart.

Okem said:
    you end up with a John Terry situation and things could start to fall apart.

At least they've already covered the "players shagging each other's wives/girlfriends" bit.

• OkemOkem 4,617 Posts
    So.. Moyes in (7/2). Rooooooooney out (odds-on apparently, UPDATE he's removed 'United Player' from his twitter account so that's pretty much definite then).

United supporters have gone from Mou & CR7 the second coming. To, Moyes and no Rooney. Oof.

Yes, but they have got Wilf Zaha turning up soon!

::weak sauce::

Okem said:
    . Rooooooooney out (odds-on apparently, UPDATE he's removed 'United Player' from his twitter account so that's pretty much definite then).

Classy (not that Cesc, Nasri, Percy etc made things any better for Arsenal).

Wayne Rooney's autobiography, p131. 'You've been eating too many f****** McDonald's!' Moyes screamed at me. I protested it wasn't true*

Probably the motive :lol:

* i.e, Rooney screamed back "Go fuck yourself, fishface!"

Zaha will be the next Ronaldo!
    Anyone think the Ronaldo back to UTD thing likely? How much would Real charge? More or less than they paid? Can't see it myself, particularly now Ferg is gone.

Duderonomy said:
    Anyone think the Ronaldo back to UTD thing likely? How much would Real charge? More or less than they paid? Can't see it myself, particularly now Ferg is gone.

the only way I see that happening is if CrisRo forces the move, especially since for Real Madrid it would sort of mean the end of their Galacticos II project. Don't see how Madrid could charge what they paid for him just because it was such a ludicrous amount, but obviously they would want a lot to let him go. I could see PSG breaking the bank in order to get him.

• OkemOkem 4,617 Posts
    I think it's just one of those internet rumours tbh. United fans seemed kinda sure of it, but they can be an over optimistic bunch due to being rather spoiled with success.

If Mourinho had come in, then you kind of expect the inevitable stories of him bringing players with him, same as the Fellaini and Baines runours that are accompanying Moyes, add on the fact that CR7 is an ex United player who has spoken about returning one day and you can see why some where easily convinced it would happen.

Seeing as Moyes is the new gaffer, the likelihood of him coming in and his first act being, spending the ridiculous amount of money it would take to prize CR7 from Real, seems unlikely. But what do I know. Maybe after years of living hand to mouth at Everton he'll get one look at the United money pot and go on a crazed spending spree. Doubt it though, he's a Scot after all.

• DORDOR Two Ron Toe 9,899 Posts
    "Wigan Athletic Starting 11 Cost: ??11 million Gareth Barry Cost Man City: ??12 million"

• JimsterJimster Cruffiton.etsy.com 6,890 Posts
    City completely devoid of ideas beyond Clichy crossing it. Was like watching England at times....

Fair play to Wigan, no argument who wanted it more.

Taxi for Bobby.

Watford game FTW