TAKE THAT SHIT TO THE-BRITS.COM

Comments

• jleejlee 1,539 Posts
    J i m s t e r said:
    Ugly rumour that Becks is going to spearhead City's owner's new venture into MLS.

NY-City.

Looks like they mean business.

If I recall, I think somewhere in Becks contract with the MLS was that he had the option to be an owner/partial owner of a team. Abu Dhabi seem really interested in the NYC-Queens deal (see below link), and a lot of rumors/media suggesting that it is moving along quickly. Doubt he would be a mouthpiece for MCFC, just for Abu Dhabi and the new MLS team.

http://www.nytimes.com/2013/04/29/sports/soccer/abu-dhabi-sheik-is-said-to-be-on-track-to-own-new-soccer-team-in-new-york.html?pagewanted=all&_r=0

• youngEINSTEINyoungEINSTEIN 2,443 Posts
    DocMcCoy said:
    Duderonomy said:

Young Einstein - Cardiff???

Stein is Yanited.

you're both right. i support UTD and cardiff and galaxy and st pauli.

for the 2013-14 season i'll be primarily supporting cardiff for family reasons and i'm connected to a cardiff supporter group that enjoys soul music.

but of course i'll be with UTD as well. double win for me next season. also i'm not happy with rooney's current attitude.

peace, stein. . .

• youngEINSTEIN said:
    i'm connected to a cardiff supporter group that enjoys soul music.

the soul crew...?

;)

(also, big up newport county on their return to the football league after 25 years. three more years and they'll be in the premiership...)

• DORDOR Two Ron Toe 9,899 Posts

Another great year all.

Congrats to Sir OskarinhoOoOoOoOo

• youngEINSTEINyoungEINSTEIN 2,443 Posts
    neil_something said:
    youngEINSTEIN said:
    i'm connected to a cardiff supporter group that enjoys soul music.

the soul crew...?

;)

(also, big up newport county on their return to the football league after 25 years. three more years and they'll be in the premiership...)

yes. they would literally bash me if i didn't support cardiff city.

peace, stein...:)

• magpaulmagpaul 1,314 Posts
    So I finished 2nd behind Sir Oskarinho in the Fantasy League.. Any ideas who this is? If no one comes forward I'm claiming the title. 3 times in a row, Fergie style BOOM. etc

• vintageinfantsvintageinfants 4,537 Posts
    Bale with the left foot was a pretty nice finish for his season. where's HE headed?

• Hopefully he'll give us another season.

All the people that are disappointed with Tottenham's season or slating them for coming 5th should think a little more.
    Considering we sold the quality of VDV and Modric and the ridiculous rumours/criticism that Villa Boas took early on I'd say getting your highest ever points total in the league is a pretty decent season.

1 TShirts&ButtonUps; - Sir Oskarinho 2,143

2 Watch the Throne - Paul Chase 2,057

3 UP IN THS BITH - MikeSkel Loudrock 2,033

4 MerchantNavy - Rory Breaker 1,978

5 Eboue Athletic - Jake Shears 1,967

6 the dudes abide - neil something 1,961

7 Polonia - Simon Jakubowski 1,927

8 So Whatcha Sahin - Paul McGee 1,890

9 ???KeepCalm&SlapBass;??? - Jimster Of The J 1,804

10 Gulabica - Thanti Cathorla 40 1,779

11 Auto-Completed - Ed Lee 65 1,752

12 Hughcumber United - That bloke Hugh 1,750

13 Jah Wobblestep - asstro (not the UB40 guy) 1,696

14 Knobs - B K 1,646

15 Kenyadiggit FC - aaron b 1,610

16 drunk on the pitch - jonathan lee 1,608

17 50 Shades Of Sht - mark stowell 1,453

18 Rastaklaut BwadBwoys - His Imperial Majesty and Supreme Commander Lord Gigantor the Spoonbender 1,412

• skelskel You can't cheat karma 5,033 Posts
    magpaul said:
    So I finished 2nd behind Sir Oskarinho in the Fantasy League.. Any ideas who this is? If no one comes forward I'm claiming the title. 3 times in a row, Fergie style BOOM. etc

Teh Lulz

You got second as I gave up for the last two games - RW moves in Barcelona-R - because second might as well be last.
    We are all losers, except Oskarinho who undoubtedly has ginger hair and lives with his mum.

And lollers at Duder's pitiful campaign. Pitiful I tells ya.

• pfft. if only i'd remembered to put snodgrass in my team for the past three or four games i would have finished in the top four...

• DuderonomyDuderonomy Haut de la Garenne 7,784 Posts
    skel said:

And lollers at Duder's pitiful campaign.

Boy Chizzle can have second. He's Wenger up in this bith, celebrating nothing.
    I'll take the glorious AVB last-day denouement thing all fucking day long.

Represent please Skellington:

Roll call.

Top 4 has never felt so flat, even if it was at Tottenham's expense. Still, next season we get to enjoy Ray Winstone on Tuesday & Wednesday nights saying "Time to getchyour mobiles and your laptops aaaahhht". Worth the price of admission alone.

• magpaulmagpaul 1,314 Posts
    skel said:
    Boy Chizzle can have second. He's Wenger up in this bith, celebrating nothing.
    I'll take the glorious AVB last-day denouement thing all fucking day long.

It's only right that Jimster boots this Finnish dude off the league immediately and gives me my rightful spot at the top. You have to be completely shameless in the pursuit of the fantasy glory.

• el_sparkoel_sparko 884 Posts
    Duderonomy said:
    Me & Okem - le Prof/Gooners

Doc & Dor - Liverrrpule

Paul & Junior - Man U

Jimster - Man Citeh (even before they got rich!!!!!)

Pcmr - Chelski + Barca :roll:

Skel - West Ham

Young Einstein - Cardiff???

BadderthanEvil - Spurs (currently hoping for a Wigan victory)

DuttyBabylon - Preston North End? Somebody here follows Preston.

There's a Fulham fan who occasionally comes here from Verygoodplus to gloat, but that's not very often (play up Fulham :cheese: )

Bennyboy - Brighton & Hove Albion?

Who'd I miss?

Also Arsenal but don't post as much since I moved to London...i'm not sure why.

Yes L*o I saw your joke and trust everyone sees through it.

Next years EPL will still throw the usual top 4 suspects, with usual suspect outliers. The only interest is that the managerial merry-go-round might entail a shuffle.

Couple of seasons ago I alerted you dudes to Swansea potency. This year, having seen all the promo candidates, I confidently predict only Cardiff have a chance, and then only if they splurge.

The rest, as is. Really, what's the point?

skel said:
    Yes L*o I saw your joke and trust everyone sees through it.

Real have announced the Mourinho is leaving, like it was a big surprise. Ferg stepping down does make it a little more unpredictable Skel, but outside of the top 4-5, yeah, I guess it would take a miracle to upset the Champs league applecart.

magpaul said:

this Finnish dude

No doubt whiter than a coach load of his albino compatriots on a six-month death-metal winter trek thru Lapland

::

• OkemOkem 4,617 Posts
    Ahh, yes. Shears and his Crouch avatar.. That's whose name I couldn't remember. I knew there were quite a few gooners here at one point.

the question on everybody's lips is though.. Just how is Duder so consistently rubbish at fantasy football?

There are various sites, blogs and entire forums out there to help you improve, guide you on selections, injuries, transfers and everything. I'll try and find the one I found helpful and post a link. Next year Duder. Next year.

Even when I tried to finish last, Duder beat me.

He suffers from the fantasist curse.
    Always hoping for miracles. It's a metaphor for life, L*o.

Paul and Jake have that winner mentality, the need to achieve and acquire.
    Odds are they will succeed, odds are that fantasists take a hiding except in the very rare exceptional cases.

L*o, we're banking on you to win the lottery one day, son.

• vintageinfantsvintageinfants 4,537 Posts
    i think i want in on next years go round.

someone come get me if i miss the call.

btw. bayern supporter since my older cousins told me that all the other options were for sissys.

• OkemOkem 4,617 Posts
    I wimped out this season. I just knew RvP was going to be an essential purchase and the idea of him racking up points week in week out, wearing that shirt, just seemed like an unnecessary self inflicted turning of the knife.

Hopefully this summer will bring increased enthusiasm. But I'm not holding my breath on that count.

• OckaOcka 13 Posts
    skel said:
    Oskarinho who undoubtedly has ginger hair and lives with his mum.
    uh oh, at least it finally paid off. tho i don't think i have enough posts to claim the title, i alexsong the trophy.

• JimsterJimster Cruffiton.etsy.com 6,892 Posts
    Okem said:
    I wimped out this season. I just knew RvP was going to be an essential purchase and the idea of him racking up points week in week out, wearing that shirt, just seemed like an unnecessary self inflicted turning of the knife.

For sure. I mean, Ronaldo/Rooney/RvP as captain has been pretty much the cornerstone of success in this game of late, but personally, the idea of getting wood as Un*ted thrape some yo-yo side is unpalatable. I like to win, but I ain't ever going to try and gurn one out over wrong pr0n just to make it so.

Imagine catching a glimpse of oneself in the mirror.

:shudder:

Ocka said:
    skel said:
    uh oh, at least it finally paid off. tho i don't think i have enough posts to claim the title, i alexsong the trophy.

::Salma::

• ppadilhappadilha 2,236 Posts
    vintageinfants said:
    bayern supporter since my older cousins told me that all the other options were for sissys.

your cousins are sissies.

b/w

I want in on this fantasy thing as well. is it an EPL or Euro one? Whatevs, I'll just do it to show how much I despise your civilized brand of football.

b/w

I will beat you all.

b/w

I like to talk trash.

Ocka said:
    skel said:

Total Posts: 8 Joined May '04

Congrats!

• JimsterJimster Cruffiton.etsy.com 6,892 Posts
    You are not the one P*ul H*sker by any chance are you?

For he went to my school and went by the name of "Ocker" too.

Sayin'... It's a small world.

• OckaOcka 13 Posts
    J i m s t e r said:
    You are not the one P*ul H*sker by any chance are you?

For he went to my school and went by the name of "Ocker" too.
    no, not as far as i know. i think "ocker" is aussie related and a few filipinos have contacted me thinking i'm someone they know. i'm from finland tho, as was revealed earlier.

but enough blabbering, i have lurking to do. thanks for the congratulations.