Modern Soul TTLAB Review is Salty Referential

Comments

• Jonny_PaycheckJonny_Paycheck 17,825 Posts
    Shig, the top two are Danny Krivit and Jake One.

• soulmarcosasoulmarcosa 4,296 Posts
    -sniff-

I guess I don't ROCK as much as I thought.

But anyway, modern soul. Love it. Whether I'm needledropping a Shalimar 12" or chinstroking over a Melvin Brown 45, it's just the tits. Rah Rah Modern Soul!

And Turntablelab. Wow, the service. You call in your order, and they send it to you. Pretty fucking incredible. Someone who's "connected" please let me know when the Bitty McLean ON BOND STREET album is restocked.

Rapeadonkadonk. What can I say. The reviews are always funny. It's easy to target just about any record-collecting demographic in our post-modern age of hypersarcasm but I'm still ROTFLOL when I read that shit. If I criticize your condescension, please blame it on my age. At 18, I was a lovely Angry Young Man but at 35 I'm doing what I can to avoid being a Bitter Old Man.

Gotta go now.. the lice are trying to get on me

THNAKS PLAESE PEACE OK

• AserAser 2,351 Posts
    telling everybody you're planning to leave, only to have everybody beg for you to stay

not a good look.

we need a schnipper CHILL right aboot nooo

• SwayzeSwayze 14,705 Posts
    (sorry F****, getting sick of this thread)

Woah. Thread police!!!

yo...because most of the folks in this thread are shook, I'll keep it RR.

Johnny what Blue Candle 45 is that?

You and S*&^N do your thing! I'll be out that way later this year.

• paycheck yer cool with me the problem is i am 36 years old with a wife who is so pregers she looks like someone stuffed a basketball in her uterus.

massive record hauls are an option but it might be a hook up and not a hang out.

i am sure we can hang one night at my studio located at 1262 west 2nd street in downtown los angeles. twiddle sticks will be in toe.

i sent you yer new age cd so you can find out how " gay ", as you guys would put it, my musical taste actually is.

you see i stopped listening to roy ayres " we live in brooklyn baby " 8 years ago and now i am into fairy folk and new age music. ha ha. hysterical.

you and a**m have to make a gang truce soon through. we need not the biggie 2pac shit. someone is going to get hurt. i will be the moderator. were all in the same gang. as for that guy grawithite or whatever his name is i dont chill with that dude. he fuked up my thread.

and that donkey rape guy scares me and it is not fany when he calls people fag.

plus... karin jones is good. if you think modern soul kids buy that shit for $300 your kidding yourself. they buy it for a dollar because it looks like a total peice of shit to beatles dude. that is the magic of the genre. just like private issue new age.

rock on bitch.

ap

• BrianBrian 7,618 Posts

Ralph - that's "Cramp your Style", I also have "Wish I Had A Girl Like you" which is decidedly less good.

I had the good Paulette Reaves LP but it's gone. I looked at her first one today but decided against it... I can get it for you if you'd like though.

Look forward to seeing you, bring that Miami heat! PS you got your CDs right??

AP - I am about business. And twiddle stick. Many blessings to you and your wife on the impending birth. We will, as the Philly kids say, "get it in".

• hogginthefogghogginthefogg 6,098 Posts
    p.s. If this site loses another woman i may have to start following in reynaldo's footsteps with the many different logins.

dj_neta's login may be available soon.

p.p.s. somebody please talk bring up van halen so i can feel safe again

My homie that's planning my bachelor party (of which I know nothing--no, really) asked me two days if the folks invited would clown him if he brought Van Halen I as a soundtrack. I told him that they better not.

I mean, we'll be runnin' with the devil, right?

• u guyz are all gnraly. ms.damn is the ruler and u guys are scuurd of being gay. dont be. my architects are gay and they are fantastic. look for my limo. if you could just set the crates out on the curb for me. i dont want to get my ermingildio zenga all dirty and shit.

• GuzzoGuzzo 8,611 Posts

i sent you yer new age cd so you can find out how " gay ", as you guys would put it, my musical taste actually is.

still waiting for mine..bring that shit to the bowling alley tonight bitch!

you and a**m have to make a gang truce soon through. we need not the biggie 2pac shit. someone is going to get hurt. i will be the moderator. were all in the same gang.

For the record I do not hate Sonathan, sure he gets under my skin once in a while, but thats part of his asshole-type charm. JP is ok in my book.

and that donkey rape guy scares me and it is not fany when he calls people fag.

Simon, where the hell you at?

plus... karin jones is good. if you think modern soul kids buy that shit for $300 your kidding yourself. they buy it for a dollar because it looks like a total peice of shit to beatles dude. that is the magic of the genre.

try 50 cents

I guarantee the boy hasn't looked at this thread since the morning.

He hates you all, you know...

• Salary_DizSalary_Diz 735 Posts

I guarantee the boy hasn't looked at this thread since the morning.

He hates you all, you know...

I want to hate him back. His tongue is scratchy, like a cat's, and it felt bad against my hemmorhoid.

• im in raer form today.

msdamn where u at?

any friends out there?

i heart soulstrut.

• i mailed those cds and shit.

msdamn where u at?

Mylatency banned her.

• mylatencymylatency 10,475 Posts
    I didn't ban anyone except Phantom.

• FUK U GUYS IM OUTA HERE!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• CosmoCosmo 9,768 Posts
    Wow that dog video is great.

Animals make me laugh.

• GuzzoGuzzo 8,611 Posts
    I didn't ban anyone except Phantom.

Bring back ARCHAIC

• Animals make me laugh.

• I can understand that Jamiroquai's music can inflame pentup Hulk-like rage, the opposite of its intended effect which is to mellow you out in a real futuristic way.

• the3rdstreamthe3rdstream 1,980 Posts
    telling everybody you're planning to leave, only to have everybody beg for you to stay

not a good look.

ms.damn is not the only one that does this, but for real it is some real childish behavior, on a "I NEED ATTENTION!!!" tip

• FatbackFatback 6,746 Posts
    cracker

you better delete this

• GuzzoGuzzo 8,611 Posts
    when is the last time someone tickled you?

ps--i want what ap's smoking right now

• hogginthefogghogginthefogg 6,098 Posts
    ms.damn is not the only one that does this, but for real it is some real childish behavior, on a "I NEED ATTENTION!!!" tip

To quote your lil' ni**a, read up on your readups.

Ms. Damn did not threaten to leave.

I'm stoked that I got 2 location quotes out of this bitch.

I think we are fizzling. I'm worring about page 7.

swear to God, that's the funniest shit ever.