Modern Soul TTLAB Review is Salty Referential

Comments

• "and these are the days of our lives"

damn, I hope Patch and Kayla get back together...and who would have thought that it turns out the 2nd Roman was actually John Black?

• edpowersedpowers 4,437 Posts

this is hilarious!!!!!

• CosmoCosmo 9,768 Posts

Sonny is gonna fuck somebody up.

• AaronAaron 977 Posts
    For the most part. What's so aggravating about the anti-hipster is a need to provide this wallflower narrative to peoples' lives.

Worry about your own life, not mine.

Was the whole point that dude is being paid to write reviews for records currently in stock on that website completely lost on you? Not like dude needs me to stick up for him but some of yall doth protest too much.

Store stocks a product--->product has potential buyers--->review exhorts buyers to buy product--->product sells--->reviewer gets used again for future products. Dude wouldn't be writing these if a) they didn't sell records and b) people didn't like them.

You mean the purpose of those reviews is not to reaffirm my taste and bolster my fragile self-esteem?

I hate to drag this up since the thread seems to have taken its natural course, but I feel partially responsible for the mean direction it took. I also had to go to work.

My problem with BB's reviews -- and there's only one -- is that it serves absolutely no function to enlighten the perspective buyer of what the record sounds like. Sure, he might say it has some stabs in it or that the synths dropped out of a wormhole, but, other than that, I'm not sold.

This leads me to my point that TTL sells an image. I know because I was suckered by some of these reviews once before. BB's reviews are like words from the DJ star chamber: "Man, I'm such a wetmouth, I better do what he says and hit 'submit.'"

That's it.

• BrianBrian 7,618 Posts
    There's fucking soundclips. You listen to them shits. If shit sounds dope, buy it. If it doesn't, then don't. You don't need a review to describe something that your ears can hear. What the fuck is so hard about that? I think dudes realized that for the most part record reviews are corny, so why not try to make them amusing?

• spaceghostspaceghost 605 Posts
    so i just left a message on his phone with me singing "my, my, my". yes, this joint had my, my, my.

yo asprin did you get a call from shig singin anything? i didn't. doesn't even call his own karaoke band shiiiiiiit.

• Birdman9Birdman9 5,417 Posts
    Ahh, so happy to see my recently increasing soulstrut absence is well warranted...

thanks folks

come back P-Ro!!

• faux_rillzfaux_rillz 14,343 Posts
    TOONCES!

since no other ladies are here to sweeten up the salt, im the self appointed next best thing.

ok dude, I think its time we confront this shit.

you've gone around this site trying to claim you are the "next best thing" to women and homosexuals on here; in other words you've tried to say your understanding and relating to these 2 groups yet you throw the word "fag" around a duragatory way and talk about women like pieces of meat quite a bit

I mean if you've convinced yourself that its cool for you to do this when other people have stated they have a problem with it, and then take it to the next level by claiming your just as level headed as most of the women on here get praised for being then you are sadly mistaken.

Instead of trying to convince folks your a certain way, why don't you just "be"?

Acts are for fake folk only

You are getting crazier by the hour--I think you've outdone yourself with this post.

• faux_rillzfaux_rillz 14,343 Posts
    For the most part. What's so aggravating about the anti-hipster is a need to provide this wallflower narrative to peoples' lives.

Worry about your own life, not mine.

Was the whole point that dude is being paid to write reviews for records currently in stock on that website completely lost on you? Not like dude needs me to stick up for him but some of yall doth protest too much.

Store stocks a product--->product has potential buyers--->review exhorts buyers to buy product--->product sells--->reviewer gets used again for future products. Dude wouldn't be writing these if a) they didn't sell records and b) people didn't like them.

You mean the purpose of those reviews is not to reaffirm my taste and bolster my fragile self-esteem?

I hate to drag this up since the thread seems to have taken its natural course, but I feel partially responsible for the mean direction it took. I also had to go to work.

My problem with BB's reviews -- and there's only one -- is that it serves absolutely no function to enlighten the perspective buyer of what the record sounds like. Sure, he might say it has some stabs in it or that the synths dropped out of a wormhole, but, other than that, I'm not sold.

This leads me to my point that TTL sells an image. I know because I was suckered by some of these reviews once before. BB's reviews are like words from the DJ star chamber: "Man, I'm such a wetmouth, I better do what he says and hit 'submit.'"

That's it.

Maaan, it seems like most of the anger is coming from people who feel that they've been suckered by TTLab.

All I can say--and this goes for any sort of purchase--is do your own research; don't rely on the seller to be your sole source of information, because they're gonna be inherently biased.

Do your homework, listen to the soundclips, and treat the TTLab reviews as the laughable diversions that they're intended to be.

• GuzzoGuzzo 8,611 Posts
    You are getting crazier by the hour--I think you've outdone yourself with this post.

I'll admit my statement was made when I was pretty pissed and stressed at work, but I still stand by the whole hypocracy thing. I'm just gonna leave it at that, I said my piece, folks saw it, and I'm finished with the subject

• asprinasprin 1,765 Posts
    so i just left a message on his phone with me singing "my, my, my". yes, this joint had my, my, my.

yo asprin did you get a call from shig singin anything? i didn't. doesn't even call his own karaoke band shiiiiiiit.

Not even a breath on my voice mail. I think we need to have a group meeting this weekend and vote on his membership.

• Danno3000Danno3000 2,850 Posts
    Who spends time reading threads this long?[/b]

I'm as underemployed as the next guy, but even I would rather read a book than strain my eyes on this meshugas. I'm just saying.

PLUR, guys, PLUR.

• Salary_DizSalary_Diz 735 Posts
    HOLY SHIT. I just checked my voicemail.

I wish I could record this and post it up....

HOLY SHIT. I just checked my voicemail.

I wish I could record this and post it up....

Can you transcript the content or maybe recreate it using your voice

• grandpa_shiggrandpa_shig 5,799 Posts
    what happens in san diego stays in san diego.

At the least I think we deserve a Bob Banister style review of the voicemail, no?

At the least I think we deserve a Bob Banister style review of the voicemail, no?

co-sign

well, i dont like to toot my own horn, but i think its safe to say that my rendition of johnny gill's "my, my, my" is god's gift to women and gay men the world over.

• djdazedjdaze 3,099 Posts
    well, i dont like to toot my own horn, but i think its safe to say that my rendition of johnny gill's "my, my, my" is god's gift to women and gay men the world over.

OBJECTIFICATOR!

STOP THE HATE! OBJECTIFUCKATE!

oh I see..so now you're racist too? fuckin asshole

• the3rdstreamthe3rdstream 1,980 Posts

i did't think a ninja could be racist? you know the whole power structure thing, cause ninjaz don't have any power over anyone else, am I wrong?

i did't think a ninja could be racist? you know the whole power structure thing, cause ninjaz don't have any power over anyone else, am I wrong?

dude ninjas rule over everyone. even little babies.

dude ninjas rule over everyone. even little babies.

i'd just like to point out that the fact that i am a ninja has nothing to do with me not being racist. its the fact that i am god's gift to women and gay men that makes me not racist. now get over here with them haunchy medallions of pork butt, you sexy mancow.

dude looks like he's about to snap somebody's neck.

now get over here with them haunchy medallions of pork butt, you sexy mancow.

now if your talking to me you better get your record game up before coming at me like that, i won't get down like that for some rinked copy of Bonnie Tyler

• dj_netadj_neta 166 Posts
    for all this online hating, some of you need a new mousepad? it'll keep you company.

• dayday 9,611 Posts
    I want one.

• edith headedith head 5,106 Posts
    for all this online hating, some of you need a new mousepad? it'll keep you company.

hahaha! from the same people who brought us this?

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/asia-pacific/4092345.stm

possibly?