Modern Soul TTLAB Review is Salty Referential

15678911»

Comments

• Mr_Lee_PHDMr_Lee_PHD 2,042 Posts

For a second there I thought this was the 'Post an image you're feeling' thread.

Someone somewhere is probably feeling one of those images.... in the most literal sense of the term.

• never mind i thought this was when fatback got mad over a review of a Donald Byrd record.

• /font1
    font class="small"1Quote:
    /font1
    h, 21
    b, 21
    b, 21The reason a song is popular is usually because lots of people like it. I'm not a DJ, but if I was, I would take that as a cue. I'm tired of knowitall DJs trying to spin some shit I never heard. This isn't some college music appreciation seminar, it's a frickin club night. I'm trying to dance. So play some Madonna, play some Nu Shooz, play some George Michael. That Freedom song. I want to hear back to back Jamiroquai before I hear anymore of your Georgio Moroder or your whack ass Dipset. Jamiroquai all night. I wish there was a Jamiroquai night like every week. And Lionel f*ckin Ritchie too. And for the rap: No mid-nineties indie label lost classics until you play mo money mo problems and the Big Pun joint, little brown hairs everywhere. Keep your raer for your little smoke out parties with ya DJ friends and those chicks that follow you around.
    b, 21
    b, 21
    h, 21
    font class="post"1b, 21b, 21Underrated.b, 21b, 21And ridiculous.

• mannybolonemannybolone Los Angeles, CA 15,025 Posts
    /font1
    /font1
    h, 21
    b, 21 If you f*cking cocksuckers get all bent out of shape because of what he writes for a goddamned record review on an online record store, maybe you should realize that you have bigger f*cking problems with your own selves.
    b, 21
    b, 21
    h, 21
    font class="post"1b, 21b, 21Story of my life, son!b, 21b, 21BTW: thanks to whoever ghostbumped this thread. I forgot how incredible it was.

• FatbackFatback 6,746 Posts
    /font1
    /font1
    h, 21
    b, 21
    /font1
    /font1
    h, 21
    b, 21 If you f*cking cocksuckers get all bent out of shape because of what he writes for a goddamned record review on an online record store, maybe you should realize that you have bigger f*cking problems with your own selves.
    b, 21
    b, 21
    h, 21
    font class="post"1
    b, 21
    b, 21Story of my life, son!
    b, 21
    b, 21BTW: thanks to whoever ghostbumped this thread. I forgot how incredible it was.
    b, 21
    b, 21
    h, 21
    font class="post"1b, 21b, 21Yes. So much exellent spin-off beef.

• FatbackFatback 6,746 Posts
    /font1
    /font1
    h, 21
    b, 21never mind i thought this was when fatback got mad over a review of a Donald Byrd record.
    b, 21
    b, 21
    h, 21
    font class="post"1b, 21b, 21I was taking up for L'Sunny Ra's faqqit ass. b, 21b, 21img src="http://www.elipedelty.com/blog/uploaded_images/Sun_Ra-795932.jpg"1b, 21b, 21There was just way too much homophobia on TTLogcabin back in '05. b, 21b, 21img src="http://thegreatbookshavebeenwritten.com/roctakon.jpg"1b, 21b, 21Gone, but this gem is still up:b, 21b, 21/font1
    /font1
    h, 21
    b, 21So right now Michael McDonald has got a dope ass commercial on TV for MCI's new calling plan. I look at that dude and I'm like damn! He's gettin old, but his hair looks dope as hell. I can only hope that... expand review when I'm over fifty my hair will be a huge flowing silver mane like MM's. That brings me to a second thought- white guys whose records are bought by black chicks are the coolest dudes ever. It's like they're ambassadors of cool, showing both sides that we all have common ground. In that case, I think the pope should be working on sainthood for Michael McDonald as well as Mother Teresa. So if MM is a saint, Boz Scaggs isn't far behind. "Lowdown(1)" is one of those songs you always hear on "urban" oriented radio that you love but you can't remember who does it. Now you know, it's the man Boz Scaggs. Yep, that album that you've seen thousands of times with the funny looking white dude sitting on a park bench has a good joint on it. Only two 12" pressings of this song exist to my knowledge, one 80's CBS gold classics, and this blue label bootleg. It never got the12 treatment when it came out, so stop looking like I have. You'll need doubles cause J-Rocc did it on Live at The Sex Machine. The b-side has two house songs, "Lady" you all know with that raspy voiced dude on vocals, and one by Anastasia BNA Taylor Dayne. They both kinda suck, but "Lady" is a certified guilty pleasure and now you can have it without actually buying it. -roc
    b, 21
    b, 21
    h, 21
    font class="post"1