Modern Soul TTLAB Review is Salty Referential

Comments

• CosmoCosmo 9,768 Posts
    And it's shit like THIS, nothing else, that makes THIS MOTHERFUCKER want to say peace to this board.

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!

you are my cussing contemporary, no scratch that, you are my cussing idol, I strive to cuss like you, don't say that shit motherfucker.

Fuck out of here with that shit, Daze.

• edith headedith head 5,106 Posts
    i can't keep up with all the different fights going on in here.

E P I C

B E E F

T H R E A D

• magneticmagnetic 2,678 Posts

Well chew on this. Donkey is lashing out against his inner Guzzo, while at the same time Guzzo is rebelling against his inner Donkey.

That reads so funny

• ayresayres 1,452 Posts

E P I C
    B E E F
    T H R E A D

I'm saying - it grew 3 more pages in 40 minutes

• Salary_DizSalary_Diz 735 Posts

E P I C
    B E E F
    T H R E A D

New Acronym: EBT.

• p_gunnp_gunn 2,284 Posts
    Tom I think ur missing the point.... the record is what it is but he's poking fun at the kids who are buying $300 modern soul without knowing the classics.

hasn't it always been like this? i remember stumping 300 dollar 45 owning Shadow disciples with Wilson Pickett tracks... or Northern Soul collecting hipsters with Rufus Thomas tracks... none of these kids ever has a base knowledge and i don't see this trend being any different...

also, jamiriqui are wretched. and i'm not buying that "he's popular, he must be good!" argument... if that was the case, i'd be spinning backstreet boys, kid rock, and avril leviegne every night... popular doesn't equal bad, but wack is wack and there's no need to make excuses for it...

"out to getcha" by latimore= every jamiriqui song ever...

yo, who wants to buy a KC and Jo Jo 12" for 200 bucks?

• mylatencymylatency 10,475 Posts

What we have here is more than just a battle of wit and words. What this is... is a battle for DESTINY.

LOL

• CosmoCosmo 9,768 Posts
    Yeah, please don't make me go. If I left I would be forced to go to the post-raver-paradise that is hollertronix message board.

• hogginthefogghogginthefogg 6,098 Posts

• Jonny_PaycheckJonny_Paycheck 17,825 Posts
    Who has that picture of rapedonkeys where he's got horrible acne and massive neck hair and he's makin the doofiest face ever? hahahahaha Somebody post that shit up. Comedy!

Why don't you stop worrying about what the guy looks like and start worrying about your sorry ass record collection.

Or better yet, post a picture of yourself hot stuff.

Seriously, wtf?
    You new york hipsters crack me up. And dude, you are one to talk. You look like a cross between Will Smith and a monkey hommie. And you are a cocky, arrogant, know it all to boot. I know that might be hard to handle since you are gods gift to everything douchebag.

Unreal...

Dear young boss,

I am growing increasingly concerned about your state of comebacks. I used to look up to you and idolize your style. I mean I would sit in my room looking out at the real world thinking "man JP must be so fucking dope. He's hard as fuck" but lately I've been feeling dissapointment while looking at your responses. I am truly starting to worry and hope that there is nothing wrong. Hopefully your just groggy and soon you will wake up and become the glorious Sonathan I came to know and love.

your loyal fan

-Guzzo

PS

this thread rules

Guzzo - I've hung up my holsters. I used to be more into it, sitting in an office all day with people I hated, killing time until I could leave... I had all day to get angry and come up with lashing comebacks. Not only do I not have the time but it's just not important. I'd rather bump these Jake One cds and sell my records and talk to the cute girls who wander in. I can't really be bothered. But for old time's sake...

A guy who wants to talk shit about people's pictures but is afraid to post his own speaks volumes... also the fact that dude has so much pent up frustration, yet I've never had an interaction with him... clearly he's sitting around like this:

Morocco_Mole: fuck. I thought Anthony Pearson was such a cool guy. Guzzo got in where I wanted to get in with Anthony... I was gonna be BIG TIME! Man... I'm bored. My fucking life is so boring... man fuck these east coast guys! Doing what they want, they get all the cool records, the chicks dig them... man, I HATE THEEM! That Jonny Paycheck character... I bet he's an asshole. "NOT NOW MOM! CLEAN MY ROOM LATER, I'M BUSY!!!" Anyways, yeah, fuck that Paycheck guy... it's not like I'll ever see him... I mean, I can't even afford to go to Glendale, let alone New York... FUCK HIM. He posted that picture, and girls actually liked it... he's not even that cute. I mean, I'm not gay but... NO. NOT GAY. I LIKE WOMEN. WOMEN! OK... cool now. "MOM, I SAID NOT NOOOW!!!!" Yeah so, one day I'm gonna get that guy. He acts like he knows everything... I mean, nobody can know EVERYTHING. He just makes me feel so small. FUCK HIM." (morocco_mole throws another dart at the Paycheck picture posted on his bulletin board)

• Birdman9Birdman9 5,417 Posts

E P I C
    B E E F
    T H R E A D

• Big_StacksBig_Stacks "I don't worry about hittin' power, cause I don't give 'em nuttin' to hit." 4,670 Posts
    This thread is more dramatic than old "Dynasty" reruns. My theory on this topic is that Rape Donk's critiques threaten the already fragile esteem of some posters (no names). The "pissin' contest" behavior on this site speaks volumes about where people are, psychologically, in my humble opinion.

Now, if we could have a nice female fight scene, this thread would be complete.

Peace,

Big Stacks from Kakalak

• Young_PhonicsYoung_Phonics 8,039 Posts
    Can we make this thread a "sticky"?

• AserAser 2,351 Posts
    this thread is funny, but seriously dudes 4 pages?

go read the fruit thread, then go outside and buy some fruit. Then eat them at a park and share said fruit w/ cute girls.

life is decent right aboot nooo.

• The_Hook_UpThe_Hook_Up 8,182 Posts

hasn't it always been like this? i remember stumping 300 dollar 45 owning Shadow disciples with Wilson Pickett tracks... or Northern Soul collecting hipsters with Rufus Thomas tracks...

so true, I think you can stump most of these guys with an "engine #9"...there are a couple of these dudes here in town..one of these guys actually told shingaling about a "really rare, obscure 45 he found by Hank Ballard(he pronounced it Buh-lard), its on King, I have never heard of the guy, it must be rare"...

Josh spawned a generation of idiots.

• AserAser 2,351 Posts
    Can we make this thread a "sticky"?

I think quite a few dudes have made it a sticky[/b] already, getting all excited on their keyboards over nothing.

• djdazedjdaze 3,099 Posts

go read the fruit thread, then go outside and buy some fruit. Then eat them at a park and share said fruit w/ cute girls.

totally what I was planning to do today, the Farmers Market is here at my work today but the fucking fruit truck BROKE DOWN!!! ARGH!!! fuckin sucks, I was SO gonna buy like 3 pounds of Pluots today...lame.

• Well chew on this. Donkey is lashing out against his inner Guzzo, while at the same time Guzzo is rebelling against his inner Donkey.

What we have here is more than just a battle of wit and words. What this is... is a battle for DESTINY.

OMG. This could be genius. I've never met either of them but I understand they both have suspect hair that looks removable. Umberto Eco once deconstructed James Bond vs. Blofeld vs. Society in much the same way, but it was about being well dressed and having a license to kill. So probably doesn't apply?

OMG. This could be genius. I've never met either of them but I understand they both have suspect hair that looks removable.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

• CosmoCosmo 9,768 Posts

Well chew on this. Donkey is lashing out against his inner Guzzo, while at the same time Guzzo is rebelling against his inner Donkey.

OMG. This could be genius. I've never met either of them but I understand they both have suspect hair that looks removable. Umberto Eco once deconstructed James Bond vs. Blofeld vs. Society in much the same way, but it was about being well dressed and having a license to kill. So probably doesn't apply?

I am seriously praying to god right now that MrsMcCluskey isn't an alias, and is a real person.

• bassiebassie 11,710 Posts

yuh-ok.

MsDamn, Coselmed, DJ Neta, Anna, anasarcasm and Stef, I get really steamed that you don't post more. I hate how you make things interesting here and stand your ground and drop good facts and post wicked threads and are funny and crude as the situation demands. I actually don't give a shit how many records you own or what you pay for them or if you think modern soul is the next coming - but for the hell of it I'll call you all lil dudettes who are jealous of one thing or another and who most definitely are not a REAL women or headz who know the deal.

i think that about covers it.

I am seriously praying to god right now that MrsMcCluskey isn't an alias, and is a real person.

seriously, and I already said the 1st post was the best 1st post evar...but now...this is the best 2nd post EVAR!!

• hogginthefogghogginthefogg 6,098 Posts
    You're okay, Lady. You should stay.

• soulmarcosasoulmarcosa 4,296 Posts
    stumping Northern Soul collecting hipsters with Rufus Thomas tracks

What's really fun is stumping well-informed longtime Northern Soul oldtimer forty-something collectors from England with funk tracks that aren't that raer. Try it, it's easier than you think.

Sure, the reason they won't know the chunes will probably be because they don't like them and they'll hate hearing you play them, but hey: THEY DON'T KNOW THE CHUNES - and that's what matters!

Daze - yes, I like Rod and yes, you can call me Nick Straker. Those names kind of go, ahem, hand in glove, don't you think?

Cosmo - I know you don't like people putting Badonkarapedonk on blast for his reviews, but let's be honest - getting a rise out of people is the whole point of what he's doing. You're gonna tell me he doesn't get a commission for every TTLR thread on Soulstrut??

BTW: I'd love to see TTL's site traffic stats over the last three hours

• The_Hook_UpThe_Hook_Up 8,182 Posts

yuh-ok.

MsDamn, Coselmed, DJ Neta, Anna, anasarcasm and Stef, I get really steamed that you don't post more. I hate how you make things interesting here and stand your ground and drop good facts and post wicked threads and are funny and crude as the situation demands. I actually don't give a shit how many records you own or what you pay for them or if you think modern soul is the next coming - but for the hell of it I'll call you all lil dudettes who are jealous of one thing or another and who most definitely are not a REAL women or headz who know the deal.

dont forget about rilly truffle..where did she go? I still owe her CDs and dont have her addy.

• FatbackFatback 6,746 Posts

or go look at AI's pad in the pads thread.

• bassiebassie 11,710 Posts

yuh-ok.

dont forget about rilly truffle..where did she go? I still owe her CDs and dont have her addy.

rilly truffle was before my time...no offense if she's reading this.

• FatbackFatback 6,746 Posts

if there is a God

• Big_StacksBig_Stacks "I don't worry about hittin' power, cause I don't give 'em nuttin' to hit." 4,670 Posts

yuh-ok.

I think the catty male behavior on here will probably suffice.

Peace,

Big Stacks from Kakalak

• CosmoCosmo 9,768 Posts

if there is a God

If she is real then that makes a believer out of me.