Modern Soul TTLAB Review is Salty Referential

Comments

• soulmarcosasoulmarcosa 4,296 Posts
    I'm not a DJ

Thank god!

• ayresayres 1,452 Posts
    I was under the delusion that writing about things other than how the record sounds were ancillary to the review.

that's what the sound clips are for

• faux_rillzfaux_rillz 14,343 Posts

Jamiroquai all night. I wish there was a Jamiroquai night like every week.

sosuspectrightnow

• parsecparsec 5,087 Posts
    Who has that picture of rapedonkeys where he's got horrible acne and massive neck hair and he's makin the doofiest face ever? hahahahaha Somebody post that shit up. Comedy!

• VitaminVitamin 631 Posts

sosuspectrightnow

What's suspect about Jamiroquai? I like his whole style. His hat, the didjeradoo, dude's DJ, everything about that dude is dude. Feel me. And it's not just me. Lot's of people like Jamiroquai, that's why he's driving new Ferarris off his album sales.

• Jonny_PaycheckJonny_Paycheck 17,825 Posts
    Who has that picture of rapedonkeys where he's got horrible acne and massive neck hair and he's makin the doofiest face ever? hahahahaha Somebody post that shit up. Comedy!

Why don't you stop worrying about what the guy looks like and start worrying about your sorry ass record collection.

Or better yet, post a picture of yourself hot stuff.

Seriously, wtf?

• FatbackFatback 6,746 Posts
    i stopped buying off ttl because the reviews are not reliable. used to spend $200+/month.

tell me they have sound clips? ok. sorry but a 20 sec needle drop tells me even less than simons ruminations about his neighbors--however funny.

i stopped buying off ttl because the reviews are not reliable. used to spend $200+/month.

tell me they have sound clips? ok. sorry but a 20 sec needle drop tells me even less than simons ruminations about his neighbors--however funny.

They have sound clips.

• Jonny_PaycheckJonny_Paycheck 17,825 Posts

Frank do you really need to know about what "Don't Stop The Music" sounds like? In words or in music?

This thread is BEYOND fucking ridiculous.

Feel me. And it's not just me. Lot's of people like Jamiroquai, that's why he's driving new Ferarris off his album sales.

No, I will not "feel you"

And the fact that a sufficient number of British people like Jamiroquai for dude to buy a Ferrari doesn't mean sh!t to me (no offense to my British dudes).

I mean, really, why would you pollute your earholes with that pap when recordings by the artists that he shamelessy bites remain available?

I was under the delusion that writing about things other than how the record sounds were ancillary to the review.

so the text reviews on the site are for what?

Frank do you really need to know about what "record I don't know or forgot about" sounds like? In words or in music?

yes

• ayresayres 1,452 Posts

mostly to keep people coming back to the site. most of the reviews there are straight ahead. the funny reviews are to keep it from being too dry, like every other online music retailer

• DJFerrariDJFerrari 2,411 Posts
    What's suspect about Jamiroquai? I like his whole style. His hat, the didjeradoo, dude's DJ, everything about that dude is dude. Feel me. And it's not just me. Lot's of people like Jamiroquai, that's why he's driving new Ferarris off his album sales.

Jamiroquai - Cosmic Girl = panty dropper. Plus, ever since Napolean Dynamite came out, you can play Canned Heat and people instantly lose their minds while a few try to accompany it with 'the dance'.

DJ Ferrari

I mean, really, why would you pollute your earholes with that pap when recordings by the artists that he shamelessy bites remain available?

Ha... I've had people ask me what Jamiroquai song was playing while playing Eddie Kendricks.

• soulmarcosasoulmarcosa 4,296 Posts
    Lot's of people like Jamiroquai, that's why DJs named Ferarri are defending his album sales.

• dayday 9,611 Posts

sosuspectrightnow

You are not real.

• Deep_SangDeep_Sang 1,081 Posts

Their reviews sell records.

Think about their clietelle- it's not people like you. They are most likely comprised of high school-college age men who laugh at the reviews and buy the records. Not diggers.

I also hate the reviews, used to buy records there and have almost completely stopped. But if their sales are up, then who am I? Inconsequential.

Lot's of people like Jamiroquai, that's why DJs named Ferarri are defending his album sales.

I was waiting for that

sosuspectrightnow

You are not real.

Oh, but he is.

Feel him.

Why don't you stop worrying about what the guy looks like and start worrying about your sorry ass record collection.

Seriously, wtf?
    You new york hipsters crack me up. And dude, you are one to talk. You look like a cross between Will Smith and a monkey hommie. And you are a cocky, arrogant, know it all to boot. I know that might be hard to handle since you are gods gift to everything douchebag.

Ha... I've had people ask me what Jamiroquai song was playing while playing Eddie Kendricks.

That's why I love Jamerquioiea (never even heard them) because when some turd(s)requests them, i can play Brass COnstruction or whatever.

• CosmoCosmo 9,768 Posts

Seriously, wtf?
    You new york hipsters crack me up. And dude, you are one to talk. You look like a cross between Will Smith and a monkey hommie. And you are a cocky, arrogant, know it all to boot. I know that might be hard to handle since you are gods gift to everything douchebag.

These hatters cannot be real. Wow, what a crackhead.

Seriously, wtf?

what's your mailing address?

sosuspectrightnow

You are not real.

Oh, but he is.

Feel him.

You are the last guy that should be criticizing someone's taste in music.

• Birdman9Birdman9 5,417 Posts

sosuspectrightnow

Time warp alert! 1997 is the new 2005!

his hat

No, Shig is the last "guy" who should be criticizing someone's taste in juice

sosuspectrightnow

You are not real.

Oh, but he is.

Feel him.

Naw man, Young Cheezy is the truth.

• djdazedjdaze 3,099 Posts
    This thread RULES!!

• Salary_DizSalary_Diz 735 Posts

Their reviews sell records.

Is that really even possible?? Who buys a record without ever hearing it? Especially with the shipping prices....?!

When I go to TTL I scan the reviews, maybe, but mostly i just click on the sound links to see what shit sounds like. I cant imagine somebody being like "oh how cool and ironic, this guy called me a digger fag, I think I will buy this record becauase I want to be cool too." puuuhhhhlease.

I could give a shit about what Adam or RD say about modern soul, respectively.

But since we are all bitching about RD (or nut hugging) let me say, dear S*mon, its sounds like you are trying a little toooooo hard. Like the case of the Castratos, the best way to hit a solid high note is to cut your nuts off, you know what I mean?