Rev. Wright's Speech

14567810»

Comments

• davesrecordsdavesrecords 1,802 Posts

And should he not respond to the media's demonization?

It's very disturbing to me how many people feel the Rev. should have just kept his mouth closed and not defend his church and beliefs.

Exactly. Shit smells like race to me.

I think he should have 'kept quiet' to aid his friend in getting elected. Sad to some, but a good idea in the long run. Stakes is high.

Jesus > The President

he coulda done something more (cough) political
    i dont understand how the two couldnt sit down together, throw back a beer and figure out how they could spin it to both their advantage.

yeah i was thinking about this too. if they are so close then why didn't obama just get him to hold off til he won the election ? he has to be a little more strategic...it just looks like he's using the publicity created by the campaign to speak out and offer his beliefs and be heard. but based on what he has said he HAS TO KNOW how white people are going to react...and white people compose 70% of the voters, unfortunately.*

* you can thank them for electing george w bush!

and this what is happening now isn't even after the rove smear machine has started it's machinations.

• sabadabadasabadabada 5,966 Posts
    dont care

• Jonny_PaycheckJonny_Paycheck 17,825 Posts
    Why don't you talk about the gas tax holiday.

slip slidi away . . . slip slidin a-way -ay -ayayyyy

• dayday 9,611 Posts

Speaking of polls...

Poll: Bush most unpopular president in modern history[/b]
    Posted: 12:58 PM ET
    New poll numbers show bad news for president Bush.

WASHINGTON (CNN) ??? A new poll suggests that George W. Bush is the most unpopular president in modern American history.

A CNN/Opinion Research Corporation survey released Thursday indicates that 71 percent of the American public disapprove of how Bush his handling his job as president.

"No president has ever had a higher disapproval rating in any CNN or Gallup poll; in fact, this is the first time that any president's disapproval rating has cracked the 70 percent mark," said CNN Polling Director Keating Holland.

"Bush's approval rating, which stands at 28 percent in our new poll, remains better than the all-time lows set by Harry Truman and Richard Nixon (22 percent and 24 percent, respectively) but even those two presidents never got a disapproval rating in the 70s," Holland added. "The previous all-time record in CNN or Gallup polling was set by Truman, 67 percent disapproval in January 1952."

CNN Senior Political Analyst Bill Schneider adds, "He is more unpopular than Richard Nixon was just before he resigned from the presidency in August 1974." President Nixon's disapproval rating in August 1974 stood at 67 percent.

b/w

4 points?

taken from the Gallup website:

"The four percentage point Clinton advantage in the April 28-30 polling is not statistically significant[/b], but suggests slight movement in her favor after she and Obama had been tied the previous six days."

do you maybe see a little bit of a trend?

b/w why dont you post the democratic congress's approval rating too.

• motown67motown67 4,513 Posts
    do you maybe see a little bit of a trend?

b/w why dont you post the democratic congress's approval rating too.

That no on likes politicians

dont care

so typical, if i heard right your aptly named rich, aka dick...

once again you're wrong. i like you because you never get tired of being a loser.

• djdazedjdaze 3,099 Posts
    Northwestern University just stripped Wright of his honorary degree.

maybe one day i'll walk into the mcdonalds where you work. although i really dont eat there much.

• LaserWolfLaserWolf Portland Oregon 11,517 Posts

The difference between GW Bush and Obama is that Obama remains true to his beliefs. GW changes with every new gallop poll and focus group.

• motown67motown67 4,513 Posts

So what this REALLY means is that Sab can't read a poll. Clinton and Obama have gone back and forth in the last 2+ weeks. Wow. That's news that needs to be reported.