NBA PLAYOFFS'08 ALL CAPS EDITION

Comments

• SnappingSnapping 995 Posts
    I think Carlisle to the Mavs is a disaster waiting to happen. The guy is a defensive coach first and wants to play half court slow the ball down, coach calls every single play, because it's a way to control the tempo and keep the score down, so the defense can win. Wasn't Kidd complaining about Avery at the end of their season about how the team needed to open up its offense and run more? Now they bring in a guy that doesn't believe in an open offense. I donn't get it.

Like i said before I hope he learned from his last days in Indiana that micromanaging isnt the way to go.

I'm not holding my breath. Those control freak types rarely change their colors because it's their personality not their coaching style that are driving them.

No doubt. His real test will be the Playoffs.

Carlisle wil turn Nowitski into Bird?

• batmonbatmon 27,574 Posts
    Bullshit. Bird was an above aversge rebounder and assist cat.

Bullshit. Bird was an above aversge rebounder and assist cat.

I don't really see it either; but the article is correct that Avery Johnson got Dirk to play a more well rounded game, so maybe now Carlisle can get him to develop some testicular fortitude.

• GenePontecorvoGenePontecorvo 5,612 Posts
    Y'all still trottin' out the same ol' tired BS I see....testicular fortitude...did you see how quickly dude came back from his injury?

It's just articles they write because of a new coach. Carlisle is as good as what was out there. Can he get the chemistry to work or not? Will Nellie Jr. get him some youth in the offseason? These are the questions you should focus on, should you care. Me, I'm enjoying the rest of the playoffs and will focus back on the Mavs when the offseason actually begins.

• luckluck 4,077 Posts
    LEBRON JAMES JUST THREW IT DOWN!!!!!!!!!!!!! (!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!)

oh shit. That was fuckin' sick.

Yeah, but am I the only one who thinks that it's hilarious when LeBron gets roughed up by a good, intimidating D? I can imagine David Stern stamping his feet (on his ripped, torn Seattle Supersonics rug) and exclaiming "It's not FAIR!"

• TheGoochTheGooch 541 Posts
    EEEN DEEE FACE!

• RockadelicRockadelic Out Digging 13,993 Posts
    Y'all still trottin' out the same ol' tired BS I see....testicular fortitude...did you see how quickly dude came back from his injury?

It's just articles they write because of a new coach. Carlisle is as good as what was out there. Can he get the chemistry to work or not? Will Nellie Jr. get him some youth in the offseason? These are the questions you should focus on, should you care. Me, I'm enjoying the rest of the playoffs and will focus back on the Mavs when the offseason actually begins.

New Mav's coach already has a nickname.

Ivory Johnson, since he is supposedly just a lighter skinned version of Avery.

New Mav's coach already has a nickname.

Ivory Johnson, since he is supposedly just a lighter skinned version of Avery.

Would u want Jermaine O'Neal? Since Dork is never gonna commit to the post?
    Or do you hope that Brandon Bass emerges as that Paint Threat?

Damps for J.O.

• HarveyCanalHarveyCanal "a distraction from my main thesis." 13,234 Posts
    Damps for J.O.

JO, or just JO's jockstrap?

Damps for J.O.

I dont want Erica. Can you throw in a point guard w/ that?

Josh and Damps for J.O. and Dunleavy.

Josh and Damps for J.O. and Dunleavy.

Hell to the no!

Dunleavy is my Caucasoid.

I/we dont need a wing player. How much is Erica makin?

Shawne Williams & O'Neal for Jose Barea & Erica.

Or u can have Daniels back for the Weed Smokin' Josh.

• JimBeamJimBeam Seattle. 2,012 Posts
    j ho to the warriors for, uh... air france.

the w's could always use another combo-guard-swingman-center-forward

Haha. Dude, you don't want Barea. Straight D-leaguer. I love the guy though.

On Carlisle: dude seems smart enough to mold his style. He dealt w/ Artest and S.Jax on the same team. This squad should be a breeze. Any offense will be better than Lil' Johnson's iso-fests. But to compete in the West, an infusion of youth will be needed.

You're not feelin' Diener?????

Looks like the bong toker will stick. I'd love to get 'Quise back. Lil' Johnson ran him out of town. I don't know how much he (Daniels) cares though.

Looks like the bong toker will stick. I'd love to get 'Quise back. Lil' Johnson ran him out of town. I don't know how much he (Daniels) cares though.

He's a stoner too.

I likes Diener as a backup. I hust wanna dump some cats to get some capspace.

D'Antoni is talmbout gettin Barbosa & Diaw to come to NYC. Why the fuck did u leave then, if your tryin to import the Suns?

D'Antoni live on NY1...press conference.

If I were a Knick fan, I'd be excited about the Mike Dan Tony hire. Excitement infusion. Maybe he'll turn Balkman into a mini-Marion.

Maybe he'll turn Balkman into a mini-Marion.

MATRIX UNLOADED

• edpowersedpowers 4,437 Posts

Does anyone think anything will come of this? They got exposed. They'll be embarrased for a little bit, and then they'll make their money. Agents interferring with minors in high school is only a misdemeanor in California. Mayo's not going back to college so there's nothing the NCAA will do. What does the NBA care? Big story. Little impact I think.

No impact.....The bigger story is what's going on with the Jr high and Elementary school ballers.......The NBA & universities should want to stay away from the Mayo story because it will only lead to more discussion about the age limits....The agents,runners,scouts & coaches pretty much know if a kid has pro potential around 11/12 years old ...They start steering these kids towards certain colleges much earlier now...by any means.....The real story is in the AAU's and private high schools.

He's a stoner too.

D'Antoni is talmbout gettin Barbosa & Diaw to come to NYC. Why the fuck did u leave then, if your tryin to import the Suns?

This reminds me of when Scott Layden was general manager of the Knicks and he signed a bunch of his old Jazz role players to excessive contracts. And they turned out to suck when they weren't playing alongside Stockton and Malone. Barbosa and Diaw could be the next Shandon Anderson and Howard Eisley!

• white_teawhite_tea 3,262 Posts
    I am hoping the Bulls hire Avery Johnson although it seems like it might be Scott Skiles Redeux. I suppose Tom Tagliabau (sp) might be a good fit, too. Chicago definitely needs more offense but no matter who the coach, they are still more of a defense-oriented team.

• faux_rillzfaux_rillz 14,343 Posts

Brings high levels of energy and hair gel to the floor.

• theory9theory9 1,128 Posts

He's a stoner too.

This reminds me of when Scott Layden was general manager of the Knicks and he signed a bunch of his old Jazz role players to excessive contracts. And they turned out to suck when they weren't playing alongside Stockton and Malone. Barbosa and Diaw could be the next Shandon Anderson and Howard Eisley!

RAEL TALK.

• edpowersedpowers 4,437 Posts
    The Bulls should take a look at Larry Drew.

I am hoping the Bulls hire Avery Johnson although it seems like it might be Scott Skiles Redeux. I suppose Tom Tagliabau (sp) might be a good fit, too. Chicago definitely needs more offense but no matter who the coach, they are still more of a defense-oriented team.

Avery needs to sit out a year and detox from Nelliesteez.

• yuichiyuichi Urban sprawl 11,331 Posts

On Carlisle: dude seems smart enough to mold his style. He dealt w/ Artest and S.Jax on the same team. This squad should be a breeze. Any offense will be better than Lil' Johnson's iso-fests. But to compete in the West, an infusion of youth will be needed.

I can assure you, Phil Jackson would be able to do all kinds of crazy shit with your current roster....I mean imagine the triangle offense with that kind of depth at every position.

• yuichiyuichi Urban sprawl 11,331 Posts
    D'Antoni live on NY1...press conference.

RUN AND GUN EAST COAST VERSION?! KIDZ DON'T WANNA PLAY D!!! LET'S GO. I WANNA SEE THIS HAPPEN.

I can assure you, Phil Jackson would be able to do all kinds of crazy shit with your current roster....I mean imagine the triangle offense with that kind of depth at every position.

That Triangle aint shit w/out JORDAN and K.O.B.E.