NBA PLAYOFFS'08 ALL CAPS EDITION

Comments

• yuichiyuichi Urban sprawl 11,331 Posts
    They were breaking down the Boston team defense. The rotations are there, the shit is pretty incredible. It is really the blue print for great team defense.

Not sine the Big Ben-era Pistons have I seen such good team defense.

• batmonbatmon 27,574 Posts

No Question. Wallace was stupid for leavin the Pistons.

No Question. Wallace was stupid for leavin the Pistons.

Yea...in hindsight. Although he was gonna get more paper in Chi-town.

He's a prideful dude. Same with Marion. I like 'em both.

Aiite, you have a lovely night, Mr.Batmon. I'm about to head out. Get me a drink or soemthing.

D'Antoni in New York is silly. He's better off in Chicago w/ Deng, Kirk, Thomas,Hughes,Noah,and Gordon.

• JimBeamJimBeam Seattle. 2,012 Posts
    D'Antoni in New York is silly. He's better off in Chicago w/ Deng, Kirk, Thomas,Hughes,Noah,and Gordon.

opening up the floor in chicago is a good look-- especially in the east where nobody scores above 95ppg. there's a serviceable pg in hinrich, and a frontcourt including boozer-lite and deng would be a good look.

• GenePontecorvoGenePontecorvo 5,612 Posts
    Jesus. The Lakers lose their first game of the playoffs and there are puddles all over the damn floor in here. QUIT FUCKIN' CRYIN. WHAT ARE YOU GONNA DO WHEN YOUR TEAM IS IN A REAL SERIES DOG?

• DJ_EnkiDJ_Enki 6,471 Posts

opening up the floor in chicago is a good look-- especially in the east where nobody scores above 95ppg. there's a serviceable pg in hinrich, and a frontcourt including boozer-lite and deng would be a good look.

For real. I guess D'Antoni is hoping his ridiculous paychecks will counterbalance the horrendous fuckup this decision was. Knicks vs. Bulls? It's a no-brainer--at least the Bulls have potential. The Knicks just suck and will continue to suck for the forseeable future.

Jesus. The Lakers lose their first game of the playoffs and there are puddles all over the damn floor in here. QUIT FUCKIN' CRYIN. WHAT ARE YOU GONNA DO WHEN YOUR TEAM IS IN A REAL SERIES DOG?

somebody pull up the all caps floor-puddlin from last year, round 1.

kthxbai.

for real though: the lakers have that series on lock. as long as they kill that pic and roll, the jazz cannot continue to hit mid range jumpers like they did last night.

phil jackson > jerry sloan

For real. I guess D'Antoni is hoping his ridiculous paychecks will counterbalance the horrendous fuckup this decision was. Knicks vs. Bulls? It's a no-brainer--at least the Bulls have potential. The Knicks just suck and will continue to suck for the forseeable future.

I heard this was just drive up his payrate so when he hits up Chicago he can ask for more than what NY offered.

Im real interested to see how he deals w/ the new talent he inherits.
    It seemed like the Suns were taylor-made for him. Im sure that Paxton like Kerr is defensive minded and isnt dumb unuff to think an all Run N Gun game will work, but to bring D'Antoni offensive vision to an already "defensive" minded team might be a very good look.

But in NYC he would have to build the team he wants from scratch, and that can be inticing. the only think is Walsh is lookin to get into the Playoffs in 2 years. Rbuliding that Knicks team from what they have is so damned hard to do.

Id prefer to see Mark Jackson deal w/ the transitional phases. Grow as a coach w/ the changes and take it from there. But the stupid ass NY fans/management/media is gonna want instant results because, muthafuckas dont understand slow growth. Hiring D'antoni is gonna give these dummies the idea that he get 50 wins up in the Garden. And when shit dont change, he be next in line for the crucifiction.

I like Carlisle in Dallas. I hope he's learned to let go of the micromanaging. besides that he is an excellent coach. Dude pretty much was that dude for Larry Bird when the Pacers went to the Finals, if i recall. The Brwal prettymuch set him back. Like the other stiuation i talked about. A defensive coach coming to an offensive team. Avery did help them in the Defense department, but wasnt mature enuff as an Xand O's thinker IMO. Carlisle has that.

• SnappingSnapping 995 Posts
    D'Antoni chooses New York

Is it the glamor of the big apple? The chance to coach Eddy Curry into his thirties? Maybe he was promised a coach/GM kind of deal.

Is it the glamor of the big apple? The chance to coach Eddy Curry into his thirties? Maybe he was promised a coach/GM kind of deal.

HOLY FUCKIN COW! "IDONT KNOW KARATE......BUT I KNOW KRAZAAY!!!!"

i fear he is a disillusioned man. it is clouding his judgment.
    somehow, this misappropriation of coaching expertise is steve kerr's fault.

To say the least, D`Antoni`s coaching skillz will come under a huge microscope. We`ll see whether it was Nash basically running the show or if it was in fact his coaching prowess that made the Suns one of the highest scoring offenses.

Already an interesting storyline for NEXT season!! I can dig it.

• SoulOnIceSoulOnIce 13,027 Posts
    Here we go again. Celts are a disaster on the road.

Only thing good I can say is that there is still alot
    of time left in the game, but it would be a hell of a
    comeback, down 27 in the 2nd. This shit is getting tired.

• motown67motown67 4,513 Posts
    I think Carlisle to the Mavs is a disaster waiting to happen. The guy is a defensive coach first and wants to play half court slow the ball down, coach calls every single play, because it's a way to control the tempo and keep the score down, so the defense can win. Wasn't Kidd complaining about Avery at the end of their season about how the team needed to open up its offense and run more? Now they bring in a guy that doesn't believe in an open offense. I donn't get it.

I think Carlisle to the Mavs is a disaster waiting to happen. The guy is a defensive coach first and wants to play half court slow the ball down, coach calls every single play, because it's a way to control the tempo and keep the score down, so the defense can win. Wasn't Kidd complaining about Avery at the end of their season about how the team needed to open up its offense and run more? Now they bring in a guy that doesn't believe in an open offense. I donn't get it.

Like i said before I hope he learned from his last days in Indiana that micromanaging isnt the way to go.

• motown67motown67 4,513 Posts

Like i said before I hope he learned from his last days in Indiana that micromanaging isnt the way to go.

I'm not holding my breath. Those control freak types rarely change their colors because it's their personality not their coaching style that are driving them.

I'm not holding my breath. Those control freak types rarely change their colors because it's their personality not their coaching style that are driving them.

No doubt. His real test will be the Playoffs.

Hard foul by Turiaf, but please, he didn't deserved to be kicked out of the game! Wack. Iverson gets knocked to the ground almost every trip.

• fuckin Odom's on fire.

• mylatencymylatency 10,475 Posts
    fuckin Odem's on fire.

definition of clutch today especially since Kobe hurt his back

• Jonny_PaycheckJonny_Paycheck 17,825 Posts
    Man the Spurs flop with the best of them.

• Deep_SangDeep_Sang 1,081 Posts
    Man the Spurs win with the best of them.

fuckin Odom's on fire.

If Kobe`s back was aiite, this could have been stolen.

Odom is great teammate and a great mood maker of the team.

fuckin Odom's on fire.

If Kobe`s back was aiite, this could have been stolen.

Odom is great teammate and a great mood maker of the team.

I smell scurred

Lil scurred now. The Jazz got the ball rolling.

Lil scurred now. The Jazz got the ball rolling.

Ya'll should be ok back at home.