NBA PLAYOFFS'08 ALL CAPS EDITION

Comments

• yuichiyuichi Urban sprawl 11,331 Posts
    Lil scurred now. The Jazz got the ball rolling.

Ya'll should be ok back at home.

Hope so.

• DrWuDrWu 4,021 Posts
    Odom is great teammate and a great mood maker of the team.

• motown67motown67 4,513 Posts
    The Jazz can't win on the road, end of story.

• drewnicedrewnice 5,465 Posts

Flight Brothers crew...

• batmonbatmon 27,574 Posts
    Flight Brothers crew...

There are some crazy prospects out there...

The kid with the doorag can get up. The dunk at the end is just ridiculous.

• batmonbatmon 27,574 Posts
    can they play defense?

can they play defense?

hehe. probably not. but it's all good. eye candy is good sometimes. we got a take a break from all that technical shit once in a while.

• theory9theory9 1,128 Posts

WARMUP DUNKS ARE WEAK. DEAL.

SON, THE ONLY TIME YOU GOT THAT KIND OF LIFT WAS WHEN YOU GOT SOME CALI WEED.

Back to the NBA>>>

Here's a break-away dunk attempt by Julian Wright, rookie on the Hornets who in all fairness has had his moments in limited minutes...

I dunked once by jumping off a kid's back--does that count?

And quietly, Ronnie Brewer is having a hell of a 2nd year...His defense is something special too. I'll be watching out for him in the coming seasons....

I dunked once by jumping off a kid's back--does that count?

Yes, that counts.

Another blooper I just found.

Corey Brewer might wanna work on his "lift" during the summer...

And quietly, Ronnie Brewer is having a hell of a 2nd year...His defense is something special too. I'll be watching out for him in the coming seasons....

I thought the Jazz weren't allowed to have good black shooting guards?

I thought the Jazz weren't allowed to have good black shooting guards?

Well they missed their opportunity on Kyle Korver...they had to settle.

Here's another classic.

I think the defender was in the restricted area. What's your call?

Here's another classic.

Mos definitely a blocking foul.

• JimBeamJimBeam Seattle. 2,012 Posts

• mylatencymylatency 10,475 Posts

Yeah dude, I saw that little ESPN expose interview thing....def will lead to some cracking down by the league/development orgs I think?

I think the league's move to initiate some league mandated developmental programs will help curb this, I hope?

OJ Mayo and BDA dun fuked up tha money! Seems like the paper trail runs deep...

• HarveyCanalHarveyCanal "a distraction from my main thesis." 13,234 Posts
    Here's another classic.

Allow my no-longer-lil nephew Bryan Narcisse to show dude how it's done...

Bryan just graduated high school. He originally committed to Western Kenticky. But after they made the Sweet 16 and their coach left, Bryan upgraded his commitment to Clemson. So now he gets to play against North Carolina and Duke multiple times a year...

Soon coming to an NBA near you...

That dude Johnson is dropping so much knowledge. I'm glad a former insider is speaking out and telling the truth about the situation.

"Hey O.J. you need something for your dorm room? I know you don't have too much money. You really ought to keep up with what's happening in the news, it'll be beneficial for you. There's a lot of shady shit happening out there, you need to be up on the news...

I'll be in town over the weekend, maybe we could get you lil t.v. at Bestbuy.

How's your mom doing? She doing good?"

Who's gonna decline that kind of offer?

• JimBeamJimBeam Seattle. 2,012 Posts
    via deadspin
    It's becoming even more apparent that the kid was manipulated, but how complicit he was in the whole ordeal remains to be seen. Unless, you count this little nugget from ESPN's follow-up coverage of their "Outside The Lines" report:

"Mayo, who talked to ESPN.com using the same cell phone number that Guillory had provided for him (according to T-Mobile phone records and independent verification by "Outside The Lines"), said he didn't speak with anyone from USC on Sunday and reiterated that he had no knowledge of money going from BDA to him. Attempts by ESPN.com to reach USC were unsuccessful Sunday."

That's right: He called ESPN from one of the illicit phones.
    Yeah, maybe O.J. Mayo would benefit from a couple more years of college. Or junior high school, really. Also, it's probably time USC imposed a school-wide "No O.J.'s" rule for for their athletic programs.

LEBRON JAMES JUST THREW IT DOWN!!!!!!!!!!!!! (!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!)

oh shit. That was fuckin' sick.

• motown67motown67 4,513 Posts

Does anyone think anything will come of this? They got exposed. They'll be embarrased for a little bit, and then they'll make their money. Agents interferring with minors in high school is only a misdemeanor in California. Mayo's not going back to college so there's nothing the NCAA will do. What does the NBA care? Big story. Little impact I think.

Does anyone think anything will come of this? They got exposed. They'll be embarrased for a little bit, and then they'll make their money. Agents interferring with minors in high school is only a misdemeanor in California. Mayo's not going back to college so there's nothing the NCAA will do. What does the NBA care? Big story. Little impact I think.

Yup. Happens every year with the top prospects. I remember the media was all over Lebron's Hummer when he was at St. Vincent St. Mary. But like that guy Johnson says, it's not OJ's fault, this is how the game is run. The NCAA's regulations are a joke, according to him.