NBA PLAYOFFS'08 ALL CAPS EDITION

1293031323335»

Comments

• JimBeamJimBeam Seattle. 2,012 Posts
    the cavs offense was stale in that game yesterday. i blame mike brown for that loss.

delonte west is a reasonably good point guard, and the cavs had a nice little run in the second quarter w/ lebron sitting out-- not because their main scorer was out, but because they ran a damn offense with west bringing the ball up and running simple plays. how many times did lebron bring the ball up, call for a high screen from big z, (which he actually waited for about 25% of the time) and run isos from the top of the arc only to get three celtics collapsing on him in the paint and a bullshit prayer shot up? meanwhile you got a decent shooter in west (+, my favorite quote so far in the playoffs, "hands down, man down."), big z making room in the paint for lebron's doomed slashes (read: pulling him out of his jump shot range), joe smith (aka: "muhfuck a 'nerves'!! i've played 68 game sevens for 42 different teams, this ain't shit. gimme the rock and watch my jumper tickle the twine") standing above the arc with delonte talkin about whether or not they should buy property in bobcat country. it was mike brown's reliance on lebron that may have cost him his job yesterday. dude can run an offense (not a great one, just one that exists) but he made a decision not to.

lebron is amazing, but there is a caveat to his ability to score at will-- the opponent must believe that the other players on his team have an opportunity to be utilized. otherwise, you get what you saw yesterday: 1 on 5.

• edpowersedpowers 4,437 Posts
    Paul Pierce is one of the best offensive players in the game.....but let's not forget he got lit up for 45 points on the other end of the floor.....
    Yes,he carried the team's offense yesterday... but who took the big shot ? PJ Brown !
    If Brown misses that shot,Paul is home crying ,Doc is fired by morning, KG is still M.I.A in big games and Shuttlesworth is on the trading block.....
    This series had no business going 7 games ,yet it came down to the last minute in game 7 .....Edddie House is carrying on like they won the Larry O'Brian ...Paul is rolling on the ground like it's champagne time.....dudes should be ashamed.

If Wally would have at least made ONE basket or maybe if Lebron's big men would have had more than 10 rebounds combined ...or maybe if Joe Smith would have hit the floor once....or maybe if Al Roker would have actually called a real play in the 4th.............
    No Hatt for the Pierce ...i just think Lebron's performance was more impressive yesterday.....Time for Danny Ferry to feel a little pressure.

• batmonbatmon 27,574 Posts

1 month?

BET......Julian Wright!!!!!!!!!