The Wire Season 5 SPOILER Thread

Comments

• BrianBrian 7,618 Posts
    holy shit episode 4 was crazy

and return of KENARD DA GOD

• holy shit episode 4 was crazy

and return of KENARD DA GOD

the story was really, really good.

I mean it was obvious that Marlo was gonna use Cheese by playing on his obvious discontent within the co-op hierarchy, but it seemed like he was only going to use him to get at Omar. I never really saw the Joe thing coming. Of course, in hindsight, it all seems so obvious, down to what the Greek said to Marlo (which I didn't wuite understand at the time). A well-written plotline.

• Hotsauce84Hotsauce84 8,450 Posts
    Can you imagine if Slim & Omar team up???

Whoa.

• "he was in the glee club..."

• Can you imagine if Slim & Omar team up???

Whoa.
    yeah, im wondering what slims next move is. i'll cry if he runs with marlo and them. i hope he kills the fuck out of meth/cheese...fuckin bitch ass backstabbin bitchass bitch. damn. meth thought chris was going to leave him in a vacant.

was omar and bigjail dude looking at michael when they were pinpointing targets?

clay davis was lookin beaten and sad as shit wen he stepped out that grandjury room. i love sydnors matter of factness. and when they flipped that board...classic shit

i love Kima screen time however i can get it, but im wondering why they have to go resurrect the storyline of her exgirl and the kid.

ok, there was a lot of classic quotes in this one, but i already forget a lot of them:
    prop joes quote for butchie's flowers
    prop joe saying omar had a strong skill set
    damn, i know there was several others

• man i hate marlo. they're doing a good job at not making him likable at all. A true villain.

and........the newspaper SUCKS. I don't care about it at all. It's ruining the whole season.

I have no clue what's gonna happen, I just want AVON back pronto and I want him and Omar to come out on top in the end.

Can you imagine if Slim & Omar team up???

Whoa.
    yeah, im wondering what slims next move is. i'll cry if he runs with marlo and them. i hope he kills the fuck out of meth/cheese...fuckin bitch ass backstabbin bitchass bitch. damn. meth thought chris was going to leave him in a vacant.

was omar and bigjail dude looking at michael when they were pinpointing targets?

clay davis was lookin beaten and sad as shit wen he stepped out that grandjury room. i love sydnors matter of factness. and when they flipped that board...classic shit

i love Kima screen time however i can get it, but im wondering why they have to go resurrect the storyline of her exgirl and the kid.

ok, there was a lot of classic quotes in this one, but i already forget a lot of them:
    prop joes quote for butchie's flowers
    prop joe saying omar had a strong skill set

"Out of respect for the man's skill set I'ma take myself out of the lineup."

Proper.

**Episode 5 spoiler**

(in InvisiText)

[color:white]- I clapped out loud when Cutty reappeared. I'm glad I live alone. In ep 4 I screamed out "Oh shit! Omar coming!!!" when they showed him strollin' to Butchie's peoples' house.

- Fuck punk ass Kenard. Spider too.

- Will Duquan visit Prezbo for guidance? Damn, I hope so.

- What's up with Marlo's phone? Fax line or some shit?

- Chris got a girl?! Those his kids too??

- Slim gotta come back. He knows Omar spared his life and Slim ain't the type to let that go unthanked. Plus it must suck to make all that money killin' fools and live in some shitty ass apartment.

- You foolios can have Nerese. I'ma hand it over gently to McNulty's ex-wife.

- How long were Chris, Snoop & Michael hiding up in the condo? That's a serious battle of patience!

- Lester asking Marlo about "curry out!" Ha ha!!!

- Reporter dude STAYS Frickin' up. After that bullshit serial killer phone call McNulty looked at him like "You know you done fucked up right? Now I'm sayin'...you know you done fucked up, right?"

- What's up with Royce and his African tie? Those crooked ass fools are trying to make this some ol' "power to the people" shit!

[/color]

Whew. Episode 6 on deck. See you hoLmeses in an hour!

• slim does need avon back.

looks like cutty's poppin up soon! hope its not just a cameo

man, carver is turning into a juggernaut of morality!!! dont know why he didnt give Herc the whole story about randy, though.

I want him and Omar to come out on top in the end.

*PASUE*

• hahahaha.
    herm, thanks for the invisi ink. i was about to just be like, fuck it...i neeeds to know

• a lot of these assassins remind me of ghostdog and the scene where forrest whitaker and rza cross paths. chris, slimcharles, mouzone, omar, cutty. all these dudes are some composed, by the code ninjas (to some extent), beholden to their feudal lords (cept for Omar)

**Episode 6 Spoilers**

(Once again in InvisiText!)

[color:white]- Damn, the system fucked poor Randy up. :-( I can still see the scared little boy within though. Heartbreaking.

- Omar's hopping along the board collecting guns at every turn! HoLmes keeps trading up!

- You are a shook one, Chris?

- McNulty might've hit his moral bottom. Nowhere to go but up?[/color]

Ep. 7 coming right up!

Then I got 2-3 months to revisit and deconstruct this season before 8, 9 and 10. Then what? I gotta find me a new hobby I guess!

• hey herm can you tell me the first scene of ep 5? I want to make sure i have the right one before i start watching, because i heard some were mislabeled when they started leaking.

• i love Kima screen time however i can get it, but im wondering why they have to go resurrect the storyline of her exgirl and the kid.

I think to contrast with other characters, primarily McNulty. At various points they've been on a similar moral level as concerns cheating and not settling down, but he's continued his downward spiral whereas Kima has regrets. I dig. It's drama.

• i love Kima screen time however i can get it, but im wondering why they have to go resurrect the storyline of her exgirl and the kid.

I think to contrast with other characters, primarily McNulty. At various points they've been on a similar moral level as concerns cheating and not settling down, but he's continued his downward spiral whereas Kima has regrets. I dig. It's drama.

that and her desire to see the kid was obviously triggered by trying to interview the disturbed kid from the home invasion scene. that kid was basically damaged. just brought home to Kima the importance of love and a decent upbringing to a kid I guess.

• BrianBrian 7,618 Posts

that and her desire to see the kid was obviously triggered by trying to interview the disturbed kid from the home invasion scene. that kid was basically damaged. just brought home to Kima the importance of love and a decent upbringing to a kid I guess.
    that scene when she was on the phone scheduling visiting time was really sad. i mean she had a smile on her face just to sound excited on the phone but you know she's all like shit

• clark johnson was on Fresh Air this weekend.

I can't find it online.

someone post that schitt.

• white_teawhite_tea 3,262 Posts
    I just read that Stephen Glass Boy is the same guy who directed the film The Station Agent.

I watched the fifth episode last night. It was awesome! Clay Davis I think let out the longest sheeeeeeeeeeeeeeit ever.

• dollar_bindollar_bin I heartily endorse this product and/or event 2,326 Posts
    clark johnson was on Fresh Air this weekend.

I can't find it online.

someone post that schitt.

http://www.npr.org/templates/story/story.php?storyId=18285529

I can post the mp3 podcast version if you're having trouble with npr's streaming. Also, Michael K Williams is up today: http://www.npr.org/templates/story/story.php?storyId=18299087 the audio is usually up by about 1PM (Pacific)

• aka Omar

somehow when the scene changed to the watery alley i knew omar was gonna be walking through. i she symbolized by watery alleys?

• FYBSFYBS 271 Posts
    Here's a few things I'm noticing about the fifth season after ep. 4 (and I didn't read the spoilers):

1. Anybody else think that Clay Davis is gonna last minute come through and fuck some shit up? That guy has slippery-slimey fish politician written all over him (look at the way he handled the press after the Grand Jury), and we all know how these things end up happening in real life. He's got mad connections, and while most of them might bite him in the ass, one might save him. Besides, Simon has had many scenes already where Davis goes on his "You think I'm done, you're gonna cut Clay loose" spiels. I can't imagine him just doing that to show Davis' slow but inevitable decline, it might just another example of Simon being heavy handed this season?

3. We all by now can see Daniels' past bubbling up to haunt him at some point. How long will it be before Alma or the other reporter guy will get their mitts on that file, and how will Carcetti be affected? Who's next up for the throne once Rawls (douche) and Daniels are out of the way - should that happen. I think Burrell has the incentive to go quietly, but that file is, shall we say, out of his hands now.

4. I see Slim either teaming up with Omar, or being a major point in an Avon come back. I know he still has mad loyalty for the Barksdale people, and he's too much of a strong character to just leave out to pasture while the rest of the story unfolds. I know he doesn't wanna come back on Omar after he spared him his life. Besides, I think he has respect for the dude. Could never see him working with or for Marlo though.

5. Snoop is gonna die. Gut instinct. Either that or Chris. I put my money on snoop dying by either Omar or Slim, probably Omar in order to set up a stronger part for Michael.

6. Randy has to make a comeback

• FYBSFYBS 271 Posts
    Oh, and Carver's talk with Herc might end up in Herc playing a major part in the takedown of Levy, which means a takedown of the entire Co-op and all the Baltimore drug-trade. Seems too tidy for Simon... or not.

• 5. Snoop is gonna die. Gut instinct. Either that or Chris. I put my money on snoop dying by either Omar or Slim, probably Omar in order to set up a stronger part for Michael.

Well at this point right-thinking people want Marlo, Snoop and Chris dead. (And Cheese, although he's sorta expendable anyway. The deaths of any of the other three would be more significant. SO let's leave Cheese alone for the momemnt.) And we want Omar to live.

Sooooo...the logic of the Wire dictates that these cannot all be achieved. the "bad guys" can't all die and the "good guy" Omar live. It would be way too tidy of an ending to an otherwise gritty/depressing show.

So here are the possible combos; cast ya'll's votes:

1. Omar dies, Chris, Snoop and Marlo live.

2. Omar dies, Chris dies, Snoop and Marlo live.

3. Omar dies, Chris amd Snoop die, Marlo lives.

4. Omar dies, Chris and Snoop live, Marlo dies.

5. Omar dies, Chris lives, Snoop dies, Marlo dies.

6. Omar dies, Chris dies, Snoop lives, Marlo dies.

7. Omar lives, some combination of the bad guys dies...

8. Erryone dies.

My vote: Snoop and Omar die, Chris and Marlo live. Gut feeling. Really I could see any combo of the "bad guys" dying, but at the very least I just don't see how Omar can live.

• FYBSFYBS 271 Posts

5. Snoop is gonna die. Gut instinct. Either that or Chris. I put my money on snoop dying by either Omar or Slim, probably Omar in order to set up a stronger part for Michael.

My vote: Snoop and Omar die, Chris and Marlo live. Gut feeling. Really I could see any combo of the "bad guys" dying, but at the very least I just don't see how Omar can live.

I could see that. I def. think Omar's gonna go, especially after seeing how Simon did stringer. Snoop's gotta die to promote Michael. I think Chris is gonna make it out, and Marlo is 50-50. The only way I could see Simon killing off Marlo is through Omar's hands if he lives, or if Michael lives and is gonna step up to fill Marlo's void ala fourth season ending "the cycle continues" theme. However, I think Michael has already been forshadowed with too much of a moral compass for that to happen, leaving Michael possibly coming back on Marlo. This shit is like the most fucked up logic puzzle ever.

Becky has tomatoes.
    Tommy hates lemonade.
    Roast beef sandwiches come with tomatoes and coleslaw,
    Lemonade is only available with Turkey sandwiches.
    if Becky is allergic to Roast beef, and Alex eats coleslaw,
    how many turkey sanwiches leave chicago doing 80 mph?

• Oh shit! Johnny "Fifty" is homeless.

• Marlo is gonna set up Mike and Omar is gonna murder him... That's how the Wire does with the pawns on the chess board... Break your heart....

• as disappointing as some of the plot lines are this season (newspaper, the homeless serial killer thing, carcetti), the saving grace is the inevitability of a marlo/omar showdown.

you gotta give it up to the writers for making a gay thug the ultimate hero of the series.

one thing i didn't get in this episode was how every dude who thought he was about to die acts so cool before it happens (prop joe just sitting there closing his eyes and earlier his boy telling omar "just get it over with").

• FYBSFYBS 271 Posts
    I think that just goes to show you the recognition of the savageness of the two killers, and the dignity and inevitability of the "victims". I'm sure Butchie and Prop both knew that this life would catch up with them at some point. Before Omar leaves, Butch yells "This ain't over", or something to that effect. I think he meant for O, but ultimately for himself too.

• OkemOkem 4,617 Posts
    Well at this point right-thinking people want Marlo, Snoop and Chris dead. (And Cheese, although he's sorta expendable anyway.) And we want Omar to live.

Sooooo...the logic dictates

So here are the possible combos; cast ya'll's votes:

1. Omar dies, Chris, Snoop and Marlo live.

2. Omar dies, Chris dies, Snoop and Marlo live.

3. Omar dies, Chris amd Snoop die, Marlo lives.

4. Omar dies, Chris and Snoop live, Marlo dies.

5. Omar dies, Chris lives, Snoop dies, Marlo dies.

6. Omar dies, Chris dies, Snoop lives, Marlo dies.

7. Omar lives, some combination of the bad guys dies...

8. Erryone dies.

What no graph? No Venn diagrams?

You forgot one major factor/character though, Michael.

One of the costant themes, of every series, has been the futility of the situation, on all sides, but especially between the police and the gangs. Specifically the fact that the younger generation is always there to take over. So Michael must play a major part in the conclusion of the series.

Well maybe. The best thing about the wire is you can never tell.

• white_teawhite_tea 3,262 Posts
    I am now through episode six. I mustered up enough self control to hold episode seven for another day. Without spoiling anything, there was a funny line when McNulty was talking with Lester and was like, "How do I write that into my bogus killer's M.O.?" It's like now that all the groundwork is laid for these outlandish storylines, and I can just sit back and enjoy the comic absurdity of it all. It's actually not that bad.