The Wire Season 5 SPOILER Thread

Comments

• crazy episode this week

small question, among the huge events that happened. Was the homeless dude with the dog ("He got teeth, donee?") one of the stevedores from season 2? dude who was working the computers?

• FYBSFYBS 271 Posts
    yes.

• Hotsauce84Hotsauce84 8,450 Posts
    yes.

For real?! What episode? 6? I'm gonna have to check that again.

• bluesnagbluesnag 1,285 Posts
    yes.

Nah, episode 4. The guy with the beard under the overpass. He was the guy who worked in the office at the docks.

• FYBSFYBS 271 Posts
    yes.

Nah, episode 4. The guy with the beard under the overpass. He was the guy who worked in the office at the docks.

He's the guy who helped ziggy steal the mercedes, if you remember.
    Simon's nod to what happened after the union fell apart after sabotka (sp?) died.

yes.

He's the guy who helped ziggy steal the mercedes, if you remember.
    Simon's nod to what happened after the union fell apart after sabotka (sp?) died.

Shit, you're right!

JOHNNY FIFTY!!!

• FYBSFYBS 271 Posts

This CD just came across my desk:

The Wire: "...And all the pieces matter." Five Years Of Music From The Wire[/b]

It's a good ride for fans of the show, but wouldn't make much sense to someone who's never seen the show. Packaging is over the top. Includes an essay by the one Jeff Chang who seems to have taken really good notes on music cues in the series.

But check it: they seem to have dropped a major spoiler concerning Dukie and Michael on the interlude track 34 "You remember that one day summer past?"
    Silence speaks volumes.

I just listened to this again, and you can def. tell that at the last second, after dukie asks if he remembers, a voice says "I don't". It's definitely not dukie's and it sounds a lot like michael. Maybe the kid doesn't die.

By the way, I kinda fucked up my own surprise playing around on IMDB the other day. I was looking for the guy that plays State Attorney Bond and starting plugging in other characters real names. I discovered some actors who had no credits listed under The Wire (2008). :-( I do not recommend you do this.

(I did find out that Johnny Fifty aka Jeffrey Pratt Gordon is more of a set dresser/property master/decorator than an actor, though. Trip out.)

This CD just came across my desk:

The Wire: "...And all the pieces matter." Five Years Of Music From The Wire[/b]

It's a good ride for fans of the show, but wouldn't make much sense to someone who's never seen the show. Packaging is over the top. Includes an essay by the one Jeff Chang who seems to have taken really good notes on music cues in the series.

But check it: they seem to have dropped a major spoiler concerning Dukie and Michael on the interlude track 34 "You remember that one day summer past?"
    Silence speaks volumes.

I just listened to this again, and you can def. tell that at the last second, after dukie asks if he remembers, a voice says "I don't". It's definitely not dukie's and it sounds a lot like michael. Maybe the kid doesn't die.

I'm pretty sure it is Michael.

• FYBSFYBS 271 Posts
    By the way, I kinda fucked up my own surprise playing around on IMDB the other day. I was looking for the guy that plays State Attorney Bond and starting plugging in other characters real names. I discovered some actors who had no credits listed under The Wire (2008). :-( I do not recommend you do this.

(I did find out that Johnny Fifty aka Jeffrey Pratt Gordon is more of a set dresser/property master/decorator than an actor, though. Trip out.)

INVISITEXT!!! I wanna know.

• FYBSFYBS 271 Posts
    I'm looking at it now... Going into invisitext... (spoilers)
    [color:white]
    Major Players not showing up for 2008 are...

Bunny Colvin - He shouldn't have any reason to come back since there's no schools in this one, and he's no longer po-lice.
    Roland Pryzbylewski - This has to be who you were talking about. Bet you were hoping he'd break marlo's clock code.
    Cutty is listed but we know that's wrong.
    Wee-Bay - In jail for a long ass time
    Royce - He's been back already in this season too.
    Terri D'Agostino - Damn. I was hoping she's come back to help carcetti with the governer's race. she was hot.
    Namond Brice - If Colvin's not coming back, that should have been a easy one to guess.
    Judge Phelan - That's wrong too.
    Ziggy - He's in jail for a long ass time.
    Elena McNulty - Wrong again
    Brother Mouzone - Damn!

And a whole shitload of others. I'm guessing you thought prezbo.

Although, there's a ton of errors on there already if you've watched up to season 7. I'm assuming that they all could show up at one time or another.

On another invisitext note, I was right on the Clay figuring some shit out. Played that jury like a fiddle. The reporter's quote was horrible. ... "Clay davis not only playing the race card, but the whole deck"[/color]

INVISITEXT!!! I wanna know.

You sure?

(InvisiText Spoiler!!!)

[color:white] Let's just say that the bunny hopped away and we may be seeing Young Julito's videos on MTV sooner than we think.

Also, Randy had only one episode this season credited to him. [/color]

Bunny Colvin - He shouldn't have any reason to come back since there's no schools in this one, and he's no longer po-lice.
    Roland Pryzbylewski - This has to be who you were talking about. Bet you were hoping he'd break marlo's clock code.
    Terri D'Agostino - Damn. I was hoping she's come back to help carcetti with the governer's race. she was hot.
    Namond Brice - If Colvin's not coming back, that should have been a easy one to guess.
    Brother Mouzone - Damn!

Although, there's a ton of errors on there already if you've watched up to season 7. I'm assuming that they all could show up at one time or another.

On another invisitext note, I was right on the Clay figuring some shit out. Played that jury like a fiddle. The reporter's quote was horrible. ... "Clay davis not only playing the race card, but the whole deck"[/color]

Damn, you're fast! I only checked the 3, you got the whole damn cast!!!

You know what to do...

[color:white]Slim is out after that last episode?!

24. Transitions (27 January 2008) - Slim Charles

I hope this one's not right!

[/color]

• FYBSFYBS 271 Posts

Brother Mouzone - Damn!

Damn, you're fast! I only checked the 3, you got the whole damn cast!!!

If you look at the show description and click on cast, it shows damn near everybody. So much of that is disappointing, but hey, I was gonna be disappointed at some point anyway, so why not now? At least I know that _____ won't come back and _______ with ________ in the ________...

• You know what to do...

[/color]

This puts a cramp in conspiracy theories... maybe it's just up there because nobody has the last episodes yet? Who's posting these?
    [/color]

You know what to do...

[/color]

This puts a cramp in conspiracy theories... maybe it's just up there because nobody has the last episodes yet? Who's posting these?
    [/color]
    I'm assuming the studios are but I just checked Omar, Carcetti & Norman and there's only 8 episodes listed for each of them for 2008. Guess that means anybody can show up in 9 or 10. [/color]

• FYBSFYBS 271 Posts
    You know what to do...

[/color]

[/color]

I'm assuming the studios are but I just checked Omar, Carcetti & Norman and there's only 8 episodes listed for each of them for 2008. Guess that means anybody can show up in 9 or 10. [/color]

[color:white]Not to mention the glaring errors in the people not listed for episodes already available. I think that it's just poor info that's been trickled on what's out right now, I wouldn't make any assumptions on it. [/color]

You know what to do...

[/color]

[/color]

[color:white]Not to mention the glaring errors in the people not listed for episodes already available. I think that it's just poor info that's been trickled on what's out right now, I wouldn't make any assumptions on it. [/color]

[color:white]True dat. [/color]

Nevermind, folks. Move along, nothing to see here!

• OkemOkem 4,617 Posts

Did you also notice that Clarke Peters aka Lester Freamon, wrote the musical 'Five Guys Named Moe'.
    Serious trip out.

• white_teawhite_tea 3,262 Posts
    Hopefully they do IMDB like Belichick does his injury report.

• hahaha.just saw 55 but yall are practicly done with the show.
    i'll drop out and yall can go back to real text.
    55 wasnt all that. even though omar went batman, i cant think of anything else that engaging.

• You didn't find the whole schitt with Dukie engaging? With Jimmy's women? The world's longest "Sheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeyitttt"?

Man, dudes need all the thugs to go superman and drop like a boatload of dope in the street for schitt to be entertaining now.

• phongonephongone 1,652 Posts
    hahaha.just saw 55 but yall are practicly done with the show.
    i'll drop out and yall can go back to real text.
    55 wasnt all that. even though omar went batman, i cant think of anything else that engaging.

For real, you didnt cry at the heart-felt Cutty-Dukie scene? I like when Cutty plays the surrogate father.

• meh.
    i'll temper my disillusionment and chalk it up to a transitional episode.

but, for real...
    3 scenes of omar and bigboy in the car listening to johnny's impala mix?
    sheeeeeeeeeeeeiiiiit.
    their conversation wasnt interesting,i was getting second hand smoke off those newports and i was worried that they were about to get sidetracked from the task at hand and start making out.

the clay davis shit is starting to drag.
    scott templeton is a herb

weve seen bunk take jimmy into his timeout room every damn episode.
    tired of jay landsmans indifference...ok we get it. and carcetti is in a budget bind.we know

for a show that got its run cut to 10 episodes, they sure are hashing over the same points and "character developments" a lot. my time is precious and id almost rather waste it on soulstrut

I'm rewatching episode 1 (season 5) and I caught a tiny error:

The morning the Nerese article comes out, one of the reporters asks "When did this break?" and Alma answers "Gus caught it on the court agenda about 9:30 last night." However, when Gus saw it and assigned the tasks to the reporters, the clock behind him clearly says 6. I know, it's a stupid little error that has nothing to with the plot. Just thought I'd mention it because I caught it.

• my time is precious and id almost rather waste it on soulstrut

Whoa, let's not get crazy here!

• oh shhhh...i did forget one of the highlights of 55...
    chris partlow playing with his daughter in front of his white picket fence!!!!!

• white_teawhite_tea 3,262 Posts
    meh.
    3 scenes of omar and bigboy in the car listening to johnny's impala mix?
    sheeeeeeeeeeeeiiiiit.
    their conversation wasnt interesting,i was getting second hand smoke off those newports and i was worried that they were about to get sidetracked from the task at hand and start making out.

That's actually some of my favorite shit. Sure it might have gone a little long --three scenes of them "casing" we get it -- but it's a theme that seems to be recurring more than in previous seasons; all the criminals pound the pavement harder than the cops or the reporters, especially the reporters.

Enter InvisiText

[color:white]As we see more in the next episode, with Snoop working that shoe leather like a detective, hitting all the hospitals looking for Omar and the rest of Marlo's crew checking everywhere, including the sewers, looking for Spiderman.[/color]